AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 04:52   Link #181
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer12 View Post
I am wandering for two nights to answer this question for myself after i watch the last episode of season 2, i am very confused..

Does Yakumo likes Harima? or Does Yakumo loves Harima?

Because the ghost keeps asking those questions to yakumo and on further episodes it seems that there are SMALL signs that yakumo is starting to like harima, i try to browse wikipedia and it said that yakumo develops deeper feelings for harima is this is true?

Pls confirm these things to me T_T.

From what I read from wikipedia, she thinks of Harima of her father more and more. From the stuff they've shown, it seems she loved her father very much and misses him so. So in turn whenever she sees Harima do something that reminds her of dad, she gets intoxicated with the memories.

Overall, she doesn't like him, but her father :P
Wirbelwind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 05:24   Link #182
archer12
Detective

I also read in wikipedia that she eventually develops deeper feelings for harima than just a master apprentice relationship, i also read that line in wikipedia but im still very confuse. I try to watch again the episodes 25 - 26 of ni gakki, the ghosts talks to yakumo about her feelings for harima. I also browse this forums and one of forum members post a 1 page came from the manga which talks about this topic, here is the page:

Spoiler for series:

I am still confused
archer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:08   Link #183
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

I can see why you would be confused, your passing it around :P

Lets try to think of why she would like Harima:

1) Harima reminds Yakumo of her dad
2) She's seen his love for animals; she loves animals
3) He's unique or different. She can only read his mind every once in awhile.
4) She isn't afraid of him and doesn't mind talking to him. (She is uncomfortable around guys)

I can't think of any more, but if theirs something important I missed don't hesitate to post it.
At any rate, it does tend to show Yakumo to be intersted in Harima for sure, its just so vague and hard to tell if it really is what it is.

It's one of those things where they won't specifically tell and won't ever tell because it will ruin the story etc. It's like having Harima and Tenma be together, that would end the show basically.

Last edited by Wirbelwind8; 2008-01-28 at 02:37.
Wirbelwind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 11:54   Link #184
archer12
Detective

i see. i ask my friend regarding this issue she said yakumo does like harima and it is proven in episode 26 of ni gakki when she is talking with the ghost, i clearly observe the script i think there is. i guess it depende in the viewer's perspective. but it would be nice if yakumo likes harima hehe
archer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:33   Link #185
Efuven12

Everybody just wants a piece of Kenji Harima
Efuven12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 00:53   Link #186
Iansheng

Here's the situation:

The Ghost asked Yakumo if it was really okey for Yakumo to be helping Harima and Tenma get closer to each other, despite the fact that Yakumo probably likes Harima more than a friend. She replies that because she regards the happiness of her sister to be more important than her own she is willing to do the sacrifice. (this is according to my recollection of what happened)

Here's the question:

If Yakumo's reason was that she wanted her sister to be happy during the last episode of School Rumble ni Gakki, why did she want him to end up with Harima? Wouldn't Tenma be happier with Karasuma, instead?

And it got me thinking that she didn't do this for her sister at all but because she wanted Harima to be happy instead...

Does this all make a little bit of sense to any of you? Help!
Iansheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:00   Link #187
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Anyone in that kind of situation is confused. It's like she'd pick the most suitable man for her sister and it's Harima since he knows Harima is a nice guy and will not do anything to hurt her sisters feelings and she isn't that close to Karasuma.

Since she also knows that Harima likes Tenma since she said to the ghost girl that "Harima-san likes Nee-san." But still her love for her sister is greater.
Old 2008-02-11, 23:28   Link #188
adonmaster

well.... as everybody saw harima remember her father... but its juz a detail, she actually loves him.... i saw the whole 2nd season only to watch her with harima...

in other words, i wasted my time (and my hope)....
adonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 06:36   Link #189
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonmaster View Post
well.... as everybody saw harima remember her father... but its juz a detail, she actually loves him.... i saw the whole 2nd season only to watch her with harima...

in other words, i wasted my time (and my hope)....
Spoiler for Who's Your Daddy Now?:
Old 2008-02-25, 03:16   Link #190
corporeality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirbelwind8 View Post
Overall, she doesn't like him, but her father :P
Seems to me that her initial interest in him has something to do with that (plus the facts that he loves animals like her and she can't read his mind) but it's developed into something more. Like Iansheng pointed out, the Ghost episode hints that Yakumo has feelings alike to romantic for Harima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansheng View Post
And it got me thinking that she didn't do this for her sister at all but because she wanted Harima to be happy instead...
Made sense to me, yes. I think she is doing it for Tenma as well, considering how many times it's been pointed out that Yakumo loves Tenma above everyone, but I think Yakumo's bias is showing. She might like Harima for Tenma best because in her eyes, Harima is the perfect guy to make a girl happy. Her reactions in the recent chapters also support the reading that she likes Harima.
corporeality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 09:20   Link #191
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansheng View Post
If Yakumo's reason was that she wanted her sister to be happy during the last episode of School Rumble ni Gakki, why did she want him to end up with Harima? Wouldn't Tenma be happier with Karasuma, instead?
Yakumo's too intelligent and empathic not to know that Tenma's quest for Karasuma is fruitless. Better that Tenma end up with someone who truly loves her, and someone whom Yakumo knows is really a good person at heart.

Quote:
And it got me thinking that she didn't do this for her sister at all but because she wanted Harima to be happy instead..
That's a perceptive remark, though I'd revise it to say "be happy, too" rather than "instead." Yakumo probably does think that Harima X Tenma is better than the unresolved triangle that currently exists. So it would be win-win for them.

As for her own situation, I still think, as I wrote above, that Yakumo's caretaker personality continues to interfere in her putting her own needs ahead of others. Romance is just one aspect of that. She'd probably make an outstanding veterinarian, though. Harima can be the consulting animal psychologist.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:41   Link #192
Amray

Preeettyy. XD
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 12:08   Link #193
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Yakumo's too intelligent and empathic not to know that Tenma's quest for Karasuma is fruitless. Better that Tenma end up with someone who truly loves her, and someone whom Yakumo knows is really a good person at heart.
Of course, the underlying assumption here is that Harima's quest for Tenma isn't similarily fruitless. Even if Tenma conciously decides for herself that Harima is the best guy for her, she can't just force herself to love him.

The situation is actually significantly more complicated than that, although you'll probably have to wait for it to get animated to see why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That's a perceptive remark, though I'd revise it to say "be happy, too" rather than "instead." Yakumo probably does think that Harima X Tenma is better than the unresolved triangle that currently exists. So it would be win-win for them.
You're slightly closer to the mark here. From what I've seen, I'd say that Yakumo doesn't care about the outcome of the situation so much as she wants a resolution to the situation. That being said, she does have a tendancy to meddle a bit too much at times, which occasionally ends up promoting conflict rather than resolving it.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 15:53   Link #194
luvv777
hokage sama

can someone briefly give and explain all the common school rumble terminology

ex. flag? people say they are flagger? what do they mean... sc nob here
luvv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 15:56   Link #195
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Take a look at this thread and try to piece it together. If you still need help, we'll clarify some more.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 16:03   Link #196
luvv777
hokage sama

thx that did help alot... but i still dont get the flag part? what (scene) is it talking about? i'm currently re-watching the who for the third time and seem to miss it
Old 2008-03-04, 16:05   Link #197
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvv777 View Post
thx that did help alot... but i still dont get the flag part? what (scene) is it talking about? i'm currently re-watching the who for the third time and seem to miss it
It's some term they came up with that somehow describes that HarimaxEri is the leader in most popular coupling. There's a history behind that somewhere, but I'm not familiar with it.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 16:39   Link #198
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought it came from that ridiculous battle they staged where the girls rode on the backs of "horses" created by the boys. As I recall the objective was to steal the headbands from the opposition; I thought those were the "flags."

That's the episode where Eri, while riding on Harima's back, saves him from revealing his bald head and hurts her leg in the process. Later she asks him to dance with her in a lovely little scene.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 19:01   Link #199
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

The origin of the term "flag" comes from dating simulation games. It has to do with the fact that Harima picked all the correct, albeit obscure, "choices" needed to end up entangled in a relationship with Eri.

There's a list of factions and more detailed explanations of the naming conventions here:
http://www.wannabefansubs.info/harim...s_and_Factions

Keep in mind, though, that the list hasn't been updated in a while, and 2ch has some new names for some of these factions. I can put that information up later, if anyone wants it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
I thought it came from that ridiculous battle they staged where the girls rode on the backs of "horses" created by the boys. As I recall the objective was to steal the headbands from the opposition; I thought those were the "flags."

That's the episode where Eri, while riding on Harima's back, saves him from revealing his bald head and hurts her leg in the process. Later she asks him to dance with her in a lovely little scene.
Another less common nickname for Flag is Jersey, based on the jersey that Harima lends to Eri in that arc.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 19:38   Link #200
luvv777
hokage sama

thx for the info guys

i'm actually watching and finishing up the second season tonight (marathoned season 1 & 2 in two daysfor the third time) and cant wait for sangakki