AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 11:27   Link #2281
Woland
Latin Rascal

You have to go in this area as I reported in my previous mesage
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 21:57   Link #2282
eggplant
Eggplant

Tickets for advanced sales of the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou live event went on sale from this morning at select Animate stores and their online sites.

Having read on 2ch that the queue for the correpsonding stores exceeded 100 persons, I decided to give it a try on the online site from 10AM.

After struggling with server access difficulties and despite taking 30 minutes, I was finally able to procure one ticket for the March 18th event.

I will make a report of the event on this thread, hoping that the announcement for the second series will take place on that day, although there is the possibility KyoAni will do it the following week at the Internatonal Anime Fair, similar to the way they announced Kanon last year.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 07:33   Link #2283
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://skillup.sakura.ne.jp/emu/top.html
Huh What it is? O_o
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 08:01   Link #2284
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
That's called "Emu Sukuranburu" and it's an eroge that parodies Haruhi.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 08:22   Link #2285
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Oh... So it's another Eroge Game
Ok thanks Rob The Fox
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 02:47   Link #2286
Akemae

The Investigation of Suzumiya Haruhi

So, here's a theoretical question to pose, which ties in to the current "conspiracy" underway at www.asosbrigade.com :

If you were a system admin and your telnet username was haruhi, what would be your password?

I would only be a little bit surprised if the ASOS people were putting easter eggs in restricted files... *shrug*

I won't be pursuing this personally, but anyone with the proper knowledge is encouraged to take it up. Maybe add a few million to the counter while you are there.
Akemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 03:14   Link #2287
OMG_Zerg_Rush

from ANN:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Volume 1 in May
In further Suzumiya Haruhi news, Bandai Entertainment has updated the asosbrigade.com website with a new video, which includes the announcement that The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Volume 1 will be released on May 29. A special edition, with box (for all 4 volumes) will also be released. The video also makes some comments regarding fansubs available on YouTube and through BitTorrent. It is stated that "It is pretty cool" (that people are already watching Suzumiya Haruhi fansubbed) but recommend/request that fans also buy the DVD (it's the only way to save this plane of existence according to Yuki).
2.4 hours ago - 2007-01-26 00:41 EST

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Video Second Most Watched Video on Youtube
The Suzumiya Haruhi Special Version Ending, from the volume 7 DVD release, uploaded to YouTube on the 24th of January was the second most viewed video on the 25th of January, having been viewed over 240,000 times in just over a day. It is also the #1 rated video and the #7 most discussed video for the 25th.
2.8 hours ago - 2007-01-26 00:20 EST
________
Amateur Tubes

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:47.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 07:51   Link #2288
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
If you were a system admin and your telnet username was haruhi, what would be your password?
It's not alien.

Well... I'm out of ideas.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 08:12   Link #2289
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
It's not alien.

Well... I'm out of ideas.
It's either the Greek word for "dog", or the name of the man who was saved from execution by Pocahontas in 1607.
Old 2007-01-26, 08:21   Link #2290
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I would be appalled if you would actually rely on telnet in this day and age, that protocol is just too much of a liability today... although answer to that password question, I'd go with Valiant's suggestion in a beat.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 08:33   Link #2291
GyroidFanatic

Nope to both of them
Old 2007-02-10, 10:42   Link #2292
Question
Crossdresser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQSyp...elated&search=

So this is why yuki was waving the mouse around in that episode....
Old 2007-02-15, 14:59   Link #2293
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think it's john smith.
Old 2007-02-15, 23:36   Link #2294
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Haruhi on AnimeTV is up:

http://www.goanimetv.com/watch_animetv/index.php

Now, about the clips of the English dub that they showed. I like Stephanie Sheh's work with Mikuru, sounds fairly close to the original. What little we heard of Crispin Freeman as Kyon actually made me laugh, I admit. Wendee Lee as Haruhi is going to take a bit of getting used to, though, as my opinion kinda wavered based on the scene. And Johnny Bosch still hasn't quite got the pronounciation for Haruhi's name down... Guess we still have to wait and see...

Oh, and I thought it was funny how all the female reviewers were wearing yellow Haruhi-style hair ribbons.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 00:09   Link #2295
myopius

Every time I think about this show I want to rewatch some part of an episode, and I end up watching the whole or more than one. At the very least, I end up watching the OP/ED a few times over.

And having read the novels and knowing how much better the story/characters get just enhances how much I enjoy the nuances of the different scenes.

Seriously, this show rocked, and continues to rock. I can't wait until it hits the U.S. and mainstream anime fans over here start to realize how amazing it is, and I don't have to just linger around not talking about this show to anyone. In fact, I really should reinstall some applications on my computer so I can burn the fansubs it to a playable DVD for my local club, but I should be busy doing a ton of work.
Old 2007-02-19, 19:15   Link #2296
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQSyp...elated&search=

So this is why yuki was waving the mouse around in that episode....
Wow, i never noticed that, i always wondered why she did that.
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:02   Link #2297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

AnimeTV .... I suppose it was inevitable but I found the general style attention-deficit and they really should have let the long-haired asian guy run it instead of the host they had .... I suppose they're trying to make it "mainstream okay" to watch anime with their crew (really too big a crew).

They did a fair job I suppose of presenting some of the different viewpoints of the Haruhi phenomenom .... though the voice dubs in English had me O.o -- it may have been a streaming issue on the sync.
Main weakness with voice dubs seemed to be Haruhi just *wasn't* genki enough - specifically didn't seem to chatter fast enough. Mikuru and Nagato seemed to come off pretty well in the clip and there wasn't enough Kyon to make a judgement though he certainly seemed to lack the crusty sarcasm I would expect.
Old 2007-02-21, 21:13   Link #2298
typhonsentra

I don't know how seriously we should take AnimeTV. Isn't it a promotional video put out by the company that's handling the Haruhi DVDs?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 00:00   Link #2299
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't know how seriously we should take AnimeTV. Isn't it a promotional video put out by the company that's handling the Haruhi DVDs?
No...

It's a internet show put out by the company that's coincidentally dubbing the series, Bang Zoom!.
Old 2007-02-22, 23:45   Link #2300
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
SOS-dan sent out its 3rd e-mail today.
Spoiler for Poor Kyon... He even compares the computer club people with the America Naval Fleets right after the Pearl Harbor attack... XD:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen