AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 16:40   Link #301
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Really now, there haven't been many comments regarding the show itself with regards to what we have learned from the CM. And 1 fanboy hardly constitutes an army.

But....the Kanon thread regulars are here. Bwahahaha!

Anyway... [child voice] What Kyo-Ani taught me today about Lucky Star? Aya Hirano has gooooooooood vocal training. And I know at least 2 air times for the show.[/child voice]
Old 2007-04-05, 16:46   Link #302
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It"s all about Konata's ¦3 face!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 16:50   Link #303
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It"s all about Konata's ¦3 face!
Yep, it's a 24 episode series dealing with Konata's varying facial expressions.

Uguu!
Old 2007-04-05, 18:09   Link #304
piccu

I actually don't expect much from this series^^ I read the first 3 chapters of the manga I found it okay , sometimes even quite boring...
Let's see how KyoAni wil handle thise series... I did like all the KyoAni anime I've watched so far, but they have their weak points as well e.g.: episode directing in Air TV (I prefer Toei's movie)
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:16   Link #305
Zappster

I'm posting again because I want to clarify my position on the show. I actually believe it to be the second coming and it's all because of the cast and studio (because they are the key to a good anime, right?). What I posted earlier was for the benefit of Kaioshin-chama's health. I would like to retract my earlier post and I hereby fully agree with orion. I have only myself to blame for taking part in this insidious viral marketing campaign.

As for the CM, well it was quite simply a work of genius. The storyboarding, the voice acting, the colour palette and the use of lighting were all top tier stuff. Dare I say it, only possible due to the creativeness of the gods at KyoAni. I love the clever way they built up the suspense and the payoff was huge. Showing all the information at the end, rather than diluting the experience by dripfeeding us the information throughout, was a masterstroke. I think it's plain to see from this footage what sort of a series we are in for. There's a hidden depth that is only revealed upon repeat viewings and it gives an extremely fascinating insight into the character and what makes her tick. Simply brilliant! This is what trailers should be about and I expect more to follow in the series. I believe this is going to be a splendid series which will delve deep into the effects of moe and the impacts it has on the lives of the characters and of course the viewers (I fully expect this to be meta-tastic). There are simply not enough superlatives to describe how I feel about this anime having viewed that work of art. If they can do that much in 14 seconds imagine what they could do in a whole 24 minutes.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 19:42   Link #306
Ruri
Procrastinator

Out of all the people who read it, only 5% are female?
I feel really out of place now...
Ruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 20:00   Link #307
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
NOOOOoo!
Please don't go, we need female anime fans around here!
At the very least, you can offer insightful comparisons between yourself and the LuckyStar characters.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:20   Link #308
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
I'm posting again because I want to clarify my position on the show. I actually believe it to be the second coming and it's all because of the cast and studio (because they are the key to a good anime, right?). What I posted earlier was for the benefit of Kaioshin-chama's health. I would like to retract my earlier post and I hereby fully agree with orion. I have only myself to blame for taking part in this insidious viral marketing campaign.

As for the CM, well it was quite simply a work of genius. The storyboarding, the voice acting, the colour palette and the use of lighting were all top tier stuff. Dare I say it, only possible due to the creativeness of the gods at KyoAni. I love the clever way they built up the suspense and the payoff was huge. Showing all the information at the end, rather than diluting the experience by dripfeeding us the information throughout, was a masterstroke. I think it's plain to see from this footage what sort of a series we are in for. There's a hidden depth that is only revealed upon repeat viewings and it gives an extremely fascinating insight into the character and what makes her tick. Simply brilliant! This is what trailers should be about and I expect more to follow in the series. I believe this is going to be a splendid series which will delve deep into the effects of moe and the impacts it has on the lives of the characters and of course the viewers (I fully expect this to be meta-tastic). There are simply not enough superlatives to describe how I feel about this anime having viewed that work of art. If they can do that much in 14 seconds imagine what they could do in a whole 24 minutes.
If only you had posted this five days ago.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:55   Link #309
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
This reminds me of the people who criticized Haruhi's Episode 0 (the first aired episode). In fact, I believe it is almost the same

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 22:18   Link #310
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Except Haruhi's episode 0 is seriously highly detailed animation made to resemble a high schooler movie project.

This one is just :3 uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Isn't that great? You're unique!
Old 2007-04-05, 22:24   Link #311
flou
That's no lady

I was probably one of the only people actually looking forward to MoSH before it even aired since I had read an article in Newtype USA about the novels months before, so I liked the series even without the hype. I think most the hype here is not from the actual show, but from KyoAni's reputation with good reason. I've read the manga that's been scanslated thus far and I haven't found it very funny, but I have some confidence for the director to improve on it because of past experience. I have a good feeling about this show, but not as good as with KyoAni's past works
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 22:25   Link #312
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
There's something we can't doubt, at least the ones, like me, who have read the manga: they have golden material to work with. I'll be astonished if they actually manage to screw this up.

EDIT: GOSH! Mahora-Academy actually released an LQ and a HQ version of the promo! ROLFMAO

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-04-05 at 22:59.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:02   Link #313
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Request Rescinded

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-06 at 04:30. Reason: I'm removing this now in case people would seek to bring it up again in the future
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:04   Link #314
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
To the person who keeps contacting me in a certain manner. I'd like it if you'd tell me who you are please.
If it's p.m., wouldn't you at least know the person's alias?
Old 2007-04-05, 23:10   Link #315
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If it's p.m., wouldn't you at least know the person's alias?
I'm not saying anything else beyond this. I don't want to get into too much trouble see, but I know of know other way to find the person than to ask there name and see if they answer.
Old 2007-04-05, 23:12   Link #316
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Probably reputation. In which case, yeah, it's shameful to rate down anyone anonymously, IMHO, for whatever reason. If there's a good reason, then surely it would stand up to public scrutiny, no?
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:12   Link #317
orion

Interesting.....Kaioshin_sama has a fan. It's that tsun-tsun personality of his.

Aw shucks, it was a reputation demoting event. No fun. I agree with not demoting anonymously. People should stand by their principles and public scrutiny.
Old 2007-04-05, 23:23   Link #318
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm not saying anything else beyond this. I don't want to get into too much trouble see, but I know of know other way to find the person than to ask there name and see if they answer.
I don't know, Kaio-tama. Getting neg-reped is all in a day's work if you want to express your opinions. No one who neg rep me ever left their alias, so that seems to be the way it goes. (The reason it is allowed to be anonymous by the mods is to prevent revenge-reps.)

Back on topic, I am hoping more female viewers watch this show. We need more estrogen around here. Which gender was the original manga author anyway?
Old 2007-04-05, 23:26   Link #319
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I don't know, Kaio-tama. Getting neg-reped is all in a day's work if you want to express your opinions. No one who neg rep me ever left their alias, so that seems to be the way it goes. (The reason it is allowed to be anonymous by the mods is to prevent revenge-reps.)

Back on topic, I am hoping more female viewers watch this show. We need more estrogen around here. Which gender was the original manga author anyway?
Well apparently I'm a female so I guess I count sort of if people want to still believe I am a woman. It's probably this darn avatar. Better make a new one.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-06 at 00:07.
Old 2007-04-05, 23:28   Link #320
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

*puts hand up* Another female going to watch the series. Promo fully convinced me to.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen