AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 06:36   Link #21
Khaos

Thumbs down

Sorry, but this is such a 0815 annoying sidekick-character...
Is there a rule somewhere, that every male main character who is more the silent type needs to have a goofy stupid sidekick?
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 07:06   Link #22
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Sorry, but this is such a 0815 annoying sidekick-character...
Is there a rule somewhere, that every male main character who is more the silent type needs to have a goofy stupid sidekick?
I don't know! I really hope they had made him a cool guy instead of what the guy is! He is a very annoying character, he is not the most annoying but he is close to the top. I cringe that they have poor Aiko stuck with such guy! I swear every episode I shed tears of blood for Aiko! It really hurt knowing that there is 90% chance that at the endo fo the series she will still be stuck with him.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:10   Link #23
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I don't know! I really hope they had made him a cool guy instead of what the guy is! He is a very annoying character, he is not the most annoying but he is close to the top. I cringe that they have poor Aiko stuck with such guy! I swear every episode I shed tears of blood for Aiko! It really hurt knowing that there is 90% chance that at the endo fo the series she will still be stuck with him.
I really don't think Nobuse is that bad of a side-character. He's definitely not as bad as other anime, where the main character's "male friend" is usually a proud and boastful semi or complete pervert who thinks he score with a girl and gets continually rejected. (Shuffle!, School Days, Ichigo 100%, ToHeart2 and others come to mind)

You can debate whether or not Aiko and Nobuse are a couple. You can debate whether it's a one-sided love and Nobuse is just prolonging with his open declarations that Aiko is his girlfriend. But you can definitely tell that Nobuse cares about Aiko wholeheartedly. He's confident in his feelings for one girl, Aiko. I haven't seen an episode so far (up to ep. 5) where I thought to myself that Nobuse was extremely annoying.

Is Nobuse a little annoying? Yes and that's a given pretty much for his role as "male side-character". Is he even close to the top of most annoying characters in anime? Not even. To me, he's not even the most annoying character in this series. I reserve that right to both Shin's mother and Jun. But that's just me.
Old 2008-02-04, 21:05   Link #24
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Not all male side-characters are annoying. Some of them are quite respectable once you cut through all their flaws and find out what they are truly about. Yasunobu from Suzuka is a fine example of this. Despite giving out extremely perverse advice to Yamato, he showed on more than one occasion that he was a true friend. I wish all side characters were more like Yasunobu. In fact, I see a lot of him in Miyokichi. I really think that if Nobuse knew Aiko's real feelings he would let her go. Honestly I feel more sorry for him than any other character in TT, even Hiromi. He will end up getting hurt by the end of this show. It's unavoidable. What he does when this goes down will determine his true character. I for one, look forward to seeing it.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:09   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Some of them are quite respectable once you cut through all their flaws and find out what they are truly about. Yasunobu from Suzuka is a fine example of this. Despite giving out extremely perverse advice to Yamato, he showed on more than one occasion that he was a true friend.
Indeed, just some of the reasons why Yasunobu is my favorite friend of the male lead character. The man is a legend for his well placed humor, and always their with the correct advice when needed.

Quote:
I wish all side characters were more like Yasunobu. In fact, I see a lot of him in Miyokichi.
Sorry but i don't know how you can actually say this, he isn't really anything like Yasunobu at all.
Old 2008-02-04, 21:13   Link #26
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sorry but i don't know how you can actually say this, he isn't really anything like Yasunobu at all.
Not in his actions or anything. It's more of this "true friend" vibe I get from him that I also got from Yasunobu, although Nobuse seems to be a billion times denser than Yasunobu, who was quite intelligent on matters of the heart despite his perversity.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 09:15   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Not in his actions or anything. It's more of this "true friend" vibe I get from him that I also got from Yasunobu, although Nobuse seems to be a billion times denser than Yasunobu, who was quite intelligent on matters of the heart despite his perversity.
I don't really feel the 'true friend' vibe from Miyokichi as of yet. I guess it's because i've seen a lot of the best friend type character from a lot of airing shows (or last season), and he's just going about it a complete different way.
Old 2010-02-24, 04:08   Link #28
qwertyuiopz

wow so much hate on the guy, hes actually my fav char
to me hes the most realistic character on the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't really feel the 'true friend' vibe from Miyokichi as of yet. I guess it's because i've seen a lot of the best friend type character from a lot of airing shows (or last season), and he's just going about it a complete different way.
how so? at the point when he knew ai liked shin he was in shock and denial at first but later accepted that fact only because they were best friends
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 17:09   Link #29
Shingai-san

I just finished True TearS, and I have to say, I actually liked Nobuse. He is a true friend to Shin'ichiro, and he truly does love Aiko. To say that Nobuse is an idiot is not seeing his true character I think. He realizes that Shin does not have feelings for Aiko and reserves them solely for Himori/Noe. He also realizes that Aiko has feelings for Shin, yet chooses to disregard them possibly for the sanctity of their friendship and to protect Aiko.

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote