AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 18:57   Link #3021
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think it's GoL. The images of Snow White and Warlock made it pretty obvious that there's no way they could be Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell. No wings.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:41   Link #3022
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think it's GoL. The images of Snow White and Warlock made it pretty obvious that there's no way they could be Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell. No wings.
Ehhhh... They could (both) be folded up- I mean, those cloaked bodies were pretty hulking. But I really hope you're right ;B

Yeah, according to Rei's blog post, it is GoL. As to why they suddenly skipped so far ahead... v9_6v

EDIT: (again lol) Just noticed this uploaded a few days ago on pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=19204660
Spoiler for those that can't see pixiv:

Someone mentioned on the last page a rumor about Zechs having an angelic MS with a halo weapon. This illustration is tagged FrozenTeardrop :B Whether the rumor is true or not... well, I guess we'll see in a few days.
(Also Wing Gundam with a GERWALK mode? lol)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 20:31   Link #3023
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bodies, yeah, but even then, there's nowhere they could hide the wings. Not unless they're supposed to be added onto the machines later after the cloaks are removed.
Old 2011-05-29, 22:06   Link #3024
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm really trying to speculate on the reasoning for GoL skipping ahead but I can't come up with any legitimate reasons. It's just odd on so many levels. Didn't Quatre and Trowa battle in the previous chapter? Weird...
Old 2011-05-29, 23:17   Link #3025
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering how this revival project's been thus far, these "odd" happenings are pretty much par for the friggin' course.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:55   Link #3026
Kitsoru

Another blog post about the new FT chapter, with doodles to go with it: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/lemi-yamasaki1...e6311cc0a06db2

Seems like in this chapter, Heero and Relena speak to each other for the first time since being unfrozen?
The cliffhanger of the chapter seems to be Zechs' appearance with his new MS.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who can actually read the Japanese)
Old 2011-05-30, 08:31   Link #3027
jakeslogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
(Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who can actually read the Japanese)
Yay yay, I happen to know one, that's Mr. Google translator. ahaha
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 09:36   Link #3028
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslogan View Post
Yay yay, I happen to know one, that's Mr. Google translator. ahaha
Man, there is no decent online or installed translation software (at least for asian languages)..........you would have to translate line by line, and rearrange the sentence so that it makes sense

Quote:
unless they are the custom version of the wing zero, at least, which could fold its wings............looking at the covers of the first chapters, the Gundam that it is on the background is the custom version of the Wing Gundam (at the time, I thought that THAT would be the Snow white, because only recently I've learnt of the custom version of the wing gundam), meaning that it COULD BE Wing Zero Custom...........but hopefully, its a new gundam (doesn't need to have the Zero System, as we saw that in the animated Endless Waltz, the Zero System doesn't play and important part)

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2011-05-30 at 09:42. Reason: avoid doble posting
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 15:08   Link #3029
Kitsoru

..As in, other than Google or Excite translator, both of which I've already run it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
unless they are the custom version of the wing zero, at least, which could fold its wings............looking at the covers of the first chapters, the Gundam that it is on the background is the custom version of the Wing Gundam (at the time, I thought that THAT would be the Snow white, because only recently I've learnt of the custom version of the wing gundam), meaning that it COULD BE Wing Zero Custom...........but hopefully, its a new gundam (doesn't need to have the Zero System, as we saw that in the animated Endless Waltz, the Zero System doesn't play and important part)
That's what I was saying. Both D-Hell and WZ Custom can fold their wings in well enough that with those bigass cloaks over them, they could very well be hidden- but I really hope that's not the case.

But the ZERO System already has played an important part. The VR glasses and the system used to 'reupload' Heero's memories was an extrapolated version of ZERO, I thought they said. Or at least they called it ZERO (version.. something or another).
Old 2011-05-30, 15:22   Link #3030
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Except, with wings as large as Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell's, there would still be signs, and the folded wings would get in the way of the mobile suits' articulation. Snow White and Warlock do not show such signs. The only way they'd be a rebuilt Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell is if they removed the wings entirely.
Old 2011-05-30, 22:08   Link #3031
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Seems like in this chapter, Heero and Relena speak to each other for the first time since being unfrozen?
Please Sumizawa, PLEASE. Let these two finally see each other. And please let them have a moment of epicness together, PLEASE. It's been too long. TOO LONG. TT^TT
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 22:29   Link #3032
allison13

Quote:

That's what I was saying. Both D-Hell and WZ Custom can fold their wings in well enough that with those bigass cloaks over them, they could very well be hidden- but I really hope that's not the case.
I bet they'll look damn similar. They certainly didn't get too creative with new character designs...but I mean, if they ever hoped to have them show up in Gunpla form, it would be pretty stupid to reuse Gundam designs.

I bet they'll look like what D-Hell and WZ would look like if they showed up in Gundam 00 or something.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 23:50   Link #3033
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
I bet they'll look like what D-Hell and WZ would look like if they showed up in Gundam 00 or something.
Didn't Okawara design the 00 Gundams, though? Or was it mostly Seiichi Nakatani and Okawara just helped?

(And if you ask me, that's what the Katoki redesigns are ;P)
Old 2011-05-31, 00:05   Link #3034
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Didn't Okawara design the 00 Gundams, though? Or was it mostly Seiichi Nakatani and Okawara just helped?

Okawara only designed the 0 Gundam, and the Alvaaron in Gundam 00. The rest were designed by Kanetake Ebikawa.
Old 2011-05-31, 06:37   Link #3035
kakakka

Quote:
Okawara only designed the 0 Gundam, and the Alvaaron in Gundam 00. The rest were designed by Kanetake Ebikawa.
...and the others. Ebikawa didn't designed the Thrones if i remember correctly.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 09:57   Link #3036
allison13

Quote:

Meh, I don't really follow who designed what. The MG D-Hell custom they just released...is, or is not Katoki? If that's the case, it's sure a pretty poor excuse for a "redesign." I didn't bother buying that one.

I'm gonna be sad if the Warlock isn't totally badass, though. And Snow White, too. But with a name like "Snow White," I'm not really getting my hopes up on that one.
Old 2011-05-31, 10:01   Link #3037
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Meh, I don't really follow who designed what. The MG D-Hell custom they just released...is, or is not Katoki? If that's the case, it's sure a pretty poor excuse for a "redesign." I didn't bother buying that one.
The MG D-Hell Custom is Katoki. It's identical to the one from Endless Waltz, and even says "Endless Waltz" on the box.
Old 2011-05-31, 11:55   Link #3038
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The MG D-Hell Custom is Katoki. It's identical to the one from Endless Waltz, and even says "Endless Waltz" on the box.
Yeah, the Deathscythe says Endless Waltz, too. I wasn't sure if Endless Waltz on box = Katoki. I'll have to look the designs up now, I'm way confused. There are a few designs I've seen that are almost completely redone, then a few that look the same, and it seems like a few that were never really redesigned? (I'm thinking of Deathscythe Hell from the series).

I can't keep up with what's what Guess I have to do my research.

On another note, hoping my copy of Ace shows up within the next week or so No one has found any illustrations for this month besides that one from GoL?
Old 2011-05-31, 14:20   Link #3039
Kitsoru

Katoki designs = "Custom" = "Ver. Ka"* = "Ver./Endless Waltz"

Okawara designs = "TV" = no subtitle given (usually)

Haven't seen any new illustrations posted yet :/

*Not to be confused with 'Kai', which is the suffix for Sandrock and Heavyarms' second season upgrades (like Hell and ZERO are for Deathscythe and Wing's). This is why I dislike using the 'Ver. Ka' suffix and prefer 'Custom'.
Old 2011-05-31, 15:55   Link #3040
allison13

Quote:
Katoki designs = "Custom" = "Ver. Ka"* = "Ver./Endless Waltz"

Okawara designs = "TV" = no subtitle given (usually)

Haven't seen any new illustrations posted yet :/

*Not to be confused with 'Kai', which is the suffix for Sandrock and Heavyarms' second season upgrades (like Hell and ZERO are for Deathscythe and Wing's). This is why I dislike using the 'Ver. Ka' suffix and prefer 'Custom'.
Hmm. I see. I think. So, Katoki did all the customs. But he also did the new designs of the TV versions for GoL, right?...I'd just like to see what Deathscythe Hell redesigned would look like (not the custom from EW...the other one with wings). So I hope they do that. I didn't like the new Deathscythe at first, but it grew on me.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing