AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 20:25   Link #801
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well 4th itachi, that were the volumes until now. Layfon stuck near Nina because he admired her desire to become stronger. Like you I want Layfon and Felli to be together, Layfon has finally gotten someone who he can actually talk to. Both of them are more sensitive to each other, you know Layfon at the beginning his kind of conversations were mutual, lacking anything for anyone to like him romantically. Now he is more sensitive, he acknowledges he has some kind of feelings for her and has some thoughts on trying to connect to her physically even holding hands. Big step forward for Layfon thinking this way. Layfon wasn't flustered or nervous with Nina, Meishen, or Leerin, yet the only one so far is Felli. I hope we see more progression between the two, it is going to be a long wait.
Yeah I hope for this too. I think layfon needs this too.
To me it always loked like he was doing the things because other would not or could not do them.
To me he looked like he was pushing himself to do these things.
When I think about what kinda past he had and other things put on him aor thrown on him he was going to break some day.
Old 2012-05-28, 21:15   Link #802
veritatis cupitor

layfon - felli pairing is best. i also hope he finds his own reason 2 live rather than depending on others. till the translated volumes, he has no particular raison detre. his mood depends so much on reaction of orphanage people that it is irritating. understandable but irritating.
Old 2012-05-28, 21:19   Link #803
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

That is the thing, until now he has lived for others sake. Now that he don't have that and probably cannot return to Grendan, it is now a great chance to live for himself. That future may include Felli, I really hope so. Felli deserves it and Layfon deserves it, ironically when Layfon left and arrived to the new city. Felli is the first person he gotten contact with, though it was to save someone. Layfon is growing up from an emo, the one person who changed him was Felli. Felli is probably the first person to ever seen Layfon cry I believe.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:45   Link #804
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

On the topic of Meishen, I think she choose the worse moment to make her confession. She went to Layfon when is was at his peak of depression. And he dumps her in a "I am not worthy" style.
She could have a slightly better chance other wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
how many characters in regios world know that he is child of oblivion n what is their reaction?
I think Dick is the only one. Nir sensed something from Layfon that seems to disgust her, but isn't sure on what Layfon is.

Though, I am more optimistic on the future role of Layfon.
We are promised that he'll certainly be more involved from that scene where Nina was rescued by him from the Wolf Face.
I always believed that Layfon is from the future, and assumed the role of the world's supporting pillar, after Eyen and Saya gave up on their post.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:49   Link #805
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Child of Oblivion, what is it exactly? I read it before, isn't it just something all Wolf Face have since they are not a part of fate, but can change it? The more information I ger from this Novel it seems like all the characters want to follow the fate that is predestined, while Layfon is living his own way and maybe other feel like this. Felli isn't the type of girl who will do what she is told because someone says that is her future, her brother barely got her in the Military Arts, but that was her brother anyone else you would expect a beating from her.
Old 2012-05-28, 21:56   Link #806
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Child of Oblivion is the child born between a Wolf Face and a common military artist.
Something like this wasn't part of the "JUST AS PLANNED" that was arranged by Elmie and E-fairies. So, they want him to stay out. They don't need anomalies. And good for them, just until recently, Layfon was a weak minded boy they can bully.

I think 4th Itachi has the best way to put it. He is not "necessary".

Though, I wonder what Zuellni, the biggest mastermind of all, thinks of him.

Last edited by shmaster; 2012-05-29 at 00:45.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:17   Link #807
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Zuellni hasn't done anything yet to Layfon, maybe she got a plan of her own. I wonder if Layfon has any family left, would be cool to discover his family arrive and are insanely strong. Though that just me wanting something for Layfon, Leerin found her family why not Layfon? Though Felli and Layfon can certainly start one if their relationship progress anymore. Layfon even acknowledging or even thinking of trying to connect physically to a girl is a huge step in my opinion. Felli I wish her the best of luck and hope she is the one for Layfon. Also hope Layfon and Felli get a powerup, they are strong, but they are heading out to face the first Filth monster so they will need more no doubt. I expect a lot of casulty from Grendan side, even the Stuck up Leerin and Queen will be sweating in this battle, and maybe the Queen wouldn't be enough to fight Leva.
Old 2012-05-29, 04:02   Link #808
veritatis cupitor

i wonder what will be reaction of layfon if he ever finds out he is the son of wolf face? i have a feeling it'll be pretty bad, another phase of depression, lol...... also i remember dixerio is now controlled by his e-fairy. so does he want 2 kill layfon now, considering the animosity between wolf face n e-fairies? does all wolf face have same power or they vary from one from another. anime gave the feeling that all r same, copy of each other. also, can Nina 2 end up like dixerio, being controlled? i think there is sth like wolf face system. what is it? doesn't it know layfon is son of one of them or r they not allowed 2 have one? damn i asked a lot many question. sorry this series seems quite complex with all its theories bt interesting 2. also, as far as i can remember, layfon met felli 1st in anime n meishen in ln.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:23   Link #809
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Though, I wonder what Zuellni, the biggest mastermind of all, thinks of him.
She hugged him!

As for Layfon being from the future, the one that shows up in vol. 10 story (where he save Nina) is definitively not present or past Layfon, but I'm not so sure about him being a/the "pillar". I had the impression that the e-fairies were "grooming" Nina for that job...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 14:57   Link #810
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
She hugged him!

As for Layfon being from the future, the one that shows up in vol. 10 story (where he save Nina) is definitively not present or past Layfon, but I'm not so sure about him being a/the "pillar". I had the impression that the e-fairies were "grooming" Nina for that job...
layfon of future. how many yrs ahead r we talking about?
also, what is this 'pillar'?

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-05-31 at 09:11.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 15:12   Link #811
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Novel Illustrations

If anyone is interested I managed to get my hands on the novel illustrations for Volumes 18-20. Right now 18 is up on my Flickr, which you can go to here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollownerox, I am also going to upload 19 and 20's illustrations in a little while. Hope you enjoy it!♥♥♥

**Edit**
And now Volumes 19 and 20 pics have been uploaded, the illustrations are organised by volume on the right hand side.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2012-06-08 at 18:57.
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 16:53   Link #812
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
If anyone is interested I managed to get my hands on the novel illustrations for Volumes 18-20. Right now 18 is up on my Flickr, which you can go to here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollownerox, I am also going to upload 19 and 20's illustrations in a little while. Hope you enjoy it!♥♥♥
Thank you . Layfon and Felli like that on the LN cover.
Old 2012-06-08, 20:14   Link #813
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post

**Edit**
And now Volumes 19 and 20 pics have been uploaded, the illustrations are organised by volume on the right hand side.
thanks for the pics.

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-06-09 at 00:06.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 09:55   Link #814
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Looks like translations have started back up again, volume 15 has been finished , though with the exception of the afterword, as of right now.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2012-06-10, 10:07   Link #815
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Personally, vol 15, 16, and 17 are all when Layfon is in a depression so I didn't read those. What I am waiting for is vol 18.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:58   Link #816
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Personally, vol 15, 16, and 17 are all when Layfon is in a depression so I didn't read those. What I am waiting for is vol 18.
I would do the same, however even though a protagonist's angst period can be hard to tolerate, reading through his depression period makes the time he get's out of it all the more satisfying in my opinion. Though I hope in Layfon's case it's just the regular angst period and not a full out "wangst" version, then that would make a painful read...

Old 2012-06-10, 12:11   Link #817
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It pains me to say this, what I gotten from the spoiler it isn't a normal angst. More like a real depression, Layfon lost all motivations and even cried. This is Layfon we are talking about, the Emo expressionless Layfon crying and he loses against people he had no trouble of beating like Nina. Nina beat Layfon, that is how much damage Leerin did to Layfon. I want to read vol 18, because Layfon got back to his normal self and develops feelings for Felli.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:35   Link #818
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Ouch, well in that case I suppose I'm going to have to wait a few months before continuing Regios for the time being. Volume 18 is three volumes away, and considering Baka Tsuki's usual translating speed, the wangst series of volumes are going to last a long time before 18 is translated. Sigh.

Old 2012-06-10, 13:31   Link #819
veritatis cupitor

leerin's stubbornness makes layfon cry before felli. i have read that scene. imho it is a good read n brought layfon close to felli. i generally hate unnecessary emo scene bt layfon crying before felli was really really good. after all i want layfon-felli combo.
Old 2012-06-10, 13:47   Link #820
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
leerin's stubbornness makes layfon cry before felli. i have read that scene. imho it is a good read n brought layfon close to felli. i generally hate unnecessary emo scene bt layfon crying before felli was really really good. after all i want layfon-felli combo.
Question is will Leerin keep that attitude when Layfon and Felli arrive to help them out against Leva. I am pretty sure we will see a Leerin finally figuring out she loves Layfon during the battle or after it and then realize her consequences for treating him like that in the past. For the final impact is to see Layon and Felli getting together after the battle, a Cliche Romantic moment after the smokes clear as one would say. Layfon moving on and pursing a relationship with Felli and seeing Felli accepting will be like a mind blower for Leerin, because she realize it is too late. Although its a prediction I want this to come true. Leerin should get a wake up call and this is the most probably way to do so.

Tags
fantasy, shounen