AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-04-28, 09:29   Link #2641
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thank you for the comment Kona-san. Already showed your comment to Anne. Honestly, I was dead tired already when took those shots, so a bit blurred. @.@

Anyway, I was unable to attend Tagcom due to lack of funds. >< ... so the next convention report will be for Toycon 2016 this coming June. :3
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 09:45   Link #2642
Liddo-kun
is this so?

O-kun Fiesta 2 (day 2)

Hi. first of all sorry for being so late in this one. Was really busy with some real life stuffs and some other things. Anyway, this is a small anime convention that happened June 4 and 5 at SMX Convention Center. Attended this instead of Toycon. Anyway, it's still plenty of fun, even if the event is a small one.

Got there very early. So eat something first at Bonchon before going in. The crispy chicken at this place is good. Sarah is sort of shy to face the camera. XD

Time: approximately 11:00 in the morning
Place: SMX Center First Floor

Ok, now it's time for O-kun. Got our tickets at the first floor. :3

The event is at the second floor, so we go up an escalator. One thing I notice is that this event is well organized.

Place: second floor of SMX. Inside Function Room 1

Plenty of things to see..

First cosplayer that we saw is Angel Ayanami. She's cosplaying as a Tsushima Yoshiko / Yohane from the new Love Live Sunshine anime. Please note that this convention report is very late to be written, so she cosplayed this character even before the anime episodes have started.

Next is Nico Nico cosplaying as Janice from Chrono Cross.

There is a stage at the other end of the Function Room. Well, you can learn some stuffs about drawing.. etc. There is a screen on the left side where you can see what they are telling the audience.

There are more cosplayers outside, so let's go out for now. Later in this writeup, I'll show the other things we saw inside the function.

Place: second floor of SMX. Just outside Function Room 1

Rin Shibuya from Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls. Cosplay by Alex. A nice cosplay from a good anime. This is unexpected. There are actually plenty of im@S cosplayers in this convention.

. . .

And just near Alex. There is another cosplayer.. Naj cosplaying as Inori Yuzuriha from Guilty Crown. Hmm, first time I've seen this version.

. . .

We need to go to the first floor.. so let's go down a but. xD

Place: SMX Convention Center 1st floor

Saw another cosplayer while walking there. Kotori Minami (magician version), first time I've seen it. Cosplay by Satsuki Ghoultea - and a unique cosplayer nickname too. ^^

. .

And unexpectedly, we met a friend - Kiseki Chuu. Said that she would change to a Mirai Kuriyama cos. And maybe we would meet again later in the day. Unfortunately, we did not meet again. gomen ><

Maid cosplay by Octavia. Well, a trip to a convetion isn't complete without seeing someone in a maid costume. kawaii

Finished doing things on the first floor, so now let's go up again. ^^

Time: almost 2 pm in the afternoon
Place: second floor of SMX. Inside Function Room 1

There's a tanzaku at the wall. I think this is similar to tanabata, where people write things and hang them. One of the quotes is obviously written by a Kirisaki Chitoge fan.

. .

Love Live item for sale.

We passed by the Cospray booth. Here they sell dye color for hair. Took pic of the friendly cosplayer booth girls.

Mirai Kuriyama (seifuku version) by Xristell, and Mirai Kuriyama (idol version) by Carla

Kinomoto Sakura cosplay by LGM. She's also one of the booth girls at the Cospray shop. She did a demo on Sarah... sadly, we have no extra cash to buy spray paint. gomen

. .

We now leave the Cospray booth and check out the other shops.

Micari's Anime Shoppe. Plenty of nice things sold here, and the sellers are friendly as well. We bought some small stuff. And I'm almost tempted to buy a Kongou (Kancolle) shirt... but was able to resist the urge to buy it. >___< ahoho

. .

Rose cosplaying as Liu Tian Yi from Vocaloid. Hmm, first time seeing this chinese vocaloid character. Rose is also one of the emcee's at the stage.

Oumae Kumiko from Hibike Euphonium. Cosplay by Roxy. Happy to see a cosplayer from my favorite anime. Unfortunately, the shot turned out blurred. I took many shots, but for some reason my hands are a bit tired at this part of the day.

Cute display from one of the shops. ^^

Well, that's enough shots for the inside. Let's go out a bit again.

Time: almost 4 pm in the afternoon
Place: second floor of SMX, outside Function room 1

Jobelle cosplaying as Tiara from Fairy Fence. It's a game from the PS3. :3

. . .

Mirai Kuriyama cosplay by Celine. Plenty of Mirai in this convention. Kyoukai no Kanata still has plenty of fans. Hmm, and I noticed.. she has almost exact same shoes as what is used by Mirai in the anime.

. .

Mirai writing on my mini notebook. ",)

Camia (Junko Enoshima cosplay) and Christine (Alice in Wonderland cosplay). I mentioned them together because they are sisters. And those are nice smiles. Well, Junko and Mokuma have evil smiles of course. /just kidding

. . .

Belarus from Hetalia. Cosplay by Anya.

Geneva cosplaying as Enma Ai. She has plenty of other nice cosplay pics on her facebook page. Link inside spoiler tag.

. .

Almost time to go home. So we decide to go inside Function Room one last time.

Time: almost 5 pm in the afternoon
Place: inside Function Room 1

Umi Sonoda cosplay by Nana, and Hanayo Koizumi cosplay by Anne. Hmm, Love Live is still has a strong presence in the cosplay community here.

Sane Galaez cosplaying as Kurumi Tokisaki from Date A Live. This is a nice cosplay.. unfortunately pics got a bit blurred, because my hands are a bit shaky already due to tiredness.

. .

A vocaloid figurine on display (not for sale). :3

Unexpectedly met another friend. Mary Grace cosplaying as Megan transmogrified version from Summoner's War (it's a game). She created the shoes, accessories, and staff of this costume. It's a bit hard to shoot inside.. I've got some better shots when we go outside. :>

. . . .

Trucy Wright from Ace Attorney. Cosplayed by Ethan

Esdeath cosplat by Ria

Rome cosplaying as Nao Tomori from Charlotte

Pic of a Love Live item from one of the booths. The pic is inside a picture frame.

At this point of the day. Almost batteries of my cam are out of power. Well, let's keep going until the batteries run out. xD

Sopi Sop cosplaying as Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight

. .

A cute lolita costrip by Aichii. ^__^

Sayuri Hanayuri cosplay by Yeuni. First time to see a cosplay of this Owari no Seraph character.

Mikaela cosplaying as Snow Miku

Saw a good friend while walking at the upper right corner of the Function Room. Kotori Itsuka (spirit version) cosplay by Claire.. well, nice meeting again at a convention. ^^ Oh, and she has two companions with her Queenie (Miku Hatsune) and Stephanie (Umaru Doma). We took plenty of shots.

. . . . .

It's late afternoon. You might need some snacks if you're hungry. Well, we did not eat.. I just took photo of the food. :3

Catgirl maid by Gaayra. This one is kawaii. ^^

. .

Saw another cosplay by two sisters. Maid outfit by Amari, and a Sango (from Inuyasha) cosplay by Yanah.

. . .

An Caymie cosplaying as Taiga Aisaka. Met her before at a previous convention, and she's cosplaying there as Mirai Kuriyama. She's good at cosplaying chibi characters.

Interested to buy shirts? The orange one is "notice me sempai".

Hmm, and a surprise. Met one more friend, a lolita costrip by Kristine. Cute bunny shoes. ^^ We've talked a bit on fb, and I've found out that she adopted some kittens that were thrown away at a farm.

And for the next photos. Apple and Taigachan cosplaying as Chocola and Vanilla. They told me that they copied their costumes from a fanart drawn by Sayuri.

. . .

Krul Tepes cosplay by JF. Hmm, Owari no Seraph is rather popular in conventions here.

And for the last photo inside the function room. Xristelle Louise cosplaying as Hestia.

. .

Place outside of Function Room 1

Almost time to go home. We are near the escalator now. But let's take some last shots before the batteries run out of power.

Brie cosplaying as Asuna and Exequielle cosplaying as Juuzou. Please take note, we did these as casual shots for fun - because the Asuna props aren't ready yet.

. . .

Met our friend Grace again. Hmm, easier to do shots outside. Cosplaying as Megan from Summoner's War

Shinoa Hiragi cosplay by Kimmy Mapili. Nice pose.

Aaand the last shot for today is Rachelle cosplaying as Taiga maid version. Taiga get angry easily.. >< (just kidding). xD

Time to go home. Goodbye and thank you O-kun Fiesta 2, enjoyed this convention. Hoping to come back next year for O-kun Fiesta 3.

Pic given to me by a friend:

This pic is from my friend Donna. She also went on the same day, but we were not able to meet. Her cosplay is Mumei from Kabaneri the Iron Fortress. Pic not shot by me.

Pics taken at home:

Shots of items that I got from the convention. ^^

Umaru and Nisekoi mousepads. And I don't know the mousepad with the maids. If someone knows please send me a message here or on fb. thanks.

. .

Cat bag and dog wallet. I gave the cat bag as birthday gift to a friend who was not able to attend this conventiion.

The ticket, and the free wig styling wax given by the organizers. We will put these wx to good use later.

Cards from Micari's Shoppe and Otaku's Den. They are good stores for anime items - just look for them at conventions or contact them on their facebook page if you want to buy something.

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. Next event that we will attend is Otaku Expo on Aug 7. See you there. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-08-02 at 07:10.
Old 2016-07-23, 23:13   Link #2643
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Wow, so many great cosplays I'd feel it would be a crime not to mention all of them.

A lot of cosplays stood out to me, especially because many were of characters I'm familiar with and happy to see.
Angel's Dia cosplay is nicely done, I love the dress.
Nico Nico's Janice cosplay was a pleasant surprise, it's been years since I last played Chrono Cross and the series has always had a place in my heart, the outfit looks great as well.
Alex's Rin cosplay looks very nice, it's a pretty outfit.
Naj's Inori cosplay is well done, to be honest I never really got into Guilty Crown, but it had some nice character designs, great cosplay.
Satsuki's Kotori cosplay looks really cool, I'm not familiar with the outfit, but it looks amazing.
Octavia's maid cosplay is very nice.
The only thing better than a Mirai cosplay, is two Mirai cosplays, awesome work Xristell and Carla.
LGM's Sakura cosplay looks amazing.
Rose's Liu cosplay looks wonderful, I'm not all that familiar with this vocaliod, but she has a cool design.
Roxy's Kumiko is awesome, I really loved Kumiko in Hibike Euphonium (Kyotani fan).
Jobelle's Tiara cosplay looks fantastic, I still have to get this game on my PS3.
More Mirai is always welcomed, nicely done Celine.
Camia's Junko and Christine's Alice both look amazing.
Anya's Belarus cosplay looks very pretty, I'm not too familiar with the Hetalia series, but I love the design of the dress, overall it's an awesome cosplay.
Geneva's Enma Ai cosplay looks great, which reminds me that I never got around to finishing Hell Girl.
Nana's Umi and Anne's Hanayo cosplays look awesome.
Sane's Kurumi is very nice, great work.
Mary's Megan looks completely epic.
Ethan's Trucy cosplay looks pretty cool.
Ria's Esdeath cosplay is very nice.
I really loved Nao Tomori in Charlotte, Rome's cosplay is fantastic.
Sopi's Yuki cosplay is another surprise, I haven't seen Vampire Knight in a long time, great cosplay.
Aichii's cosplay is very cute.
Yeuni's Sayuri is done very well, I really like how the uniform looks.
Mikaela's Miku is awesome.
Claire's Kotori, Queenie's Miku and Stephanie's Umaru are all done very well, and I must say that axe looks fun to wield.
Gaayra's catgirl maid looks very cute, I actually have a catgirl OC that's a maid, I should draw her again sometime.
I think that Amari's maid is a cosplay of Ayuzawa Misaki from Maid-Sama!, very nice cosplay.
Yanah's Sango, SANGO!!
I really miss InuYasha, and Sango was one of my favorite characters from it, great cosplay.
An Caymie's Taigo looks excellent, I really want to start rewatching it now.
Kristine's costrip looks very cute.
Apple and Taigachan's Chocola and Vanilla look great, I've seen a lot in reference to this game, I'll have to give the Steam version a try when I have my new PC up and running.
JF's Krul looks pretty epic.
Xristelle's cosplay as Hestia looks awesome, I'm surprised that I haven't seen many cosplays of her, considering that she's extremely popular.
Brie's Asuna and Exequielle's Juuzou look completely awesome.
Kimmy's Hiragi cosplay is truly epic, I'm really happy to see one of her because she's one of my favorite characters.
Rachelle's Taiga (yay another Taiga!!) looks awesome, she's also got the expression down.
And last, your friend Donna's Mumei cosplay looks very nice.

Mouse pad series: Gate

Sorry if my response is a little late, and if I seem kind of: It's been a slow week and I am completely shot.
Old 2016-07-24, 04:31   Link #2644
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Ah, that's a rather long response. ^^ And no problem with late, I'm way worse when it comes to being late. This writeup for example, took almost 2 months to finish.

Yeah, it's the first time to see that vocaloid too. She seemed to be a chinese inspired one. And she's much newer than Hatsune.

Already talked to Tiara.. told me that her costume is incomplete, because she can't find the actual image of the weapon.

Anyway, thanks for liking it and the info on the mouse pad. Honestly, times have changed since 2014. Nearly all of my cosplay friends who live nearby have work now (Karen, Mich, and MJ-cat). So can't always go together like before. And I'm too tired to write on evenings, so I write a little every morning before going to work - it's the reason why it takes a month to finish posting one now. xD

Next convention is probably Otaku Expo 2016 on Aug 7 = this convention happens twice a year.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-08-04 at 08:34.
Old 2016-08-04, 08:08   Link #2645
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Well, this is not yet a convention report. Just like to share this cosplay pic of my friend Kristine Tuting. Had her permission to share this here. ",)

Academy Sona. Fanart version. Props made by Kristine and Pau. Credits to DerpPotatoes on DeviantArt for the etwahl reference (http://derppotatoes.deviantart.com/a...wahl-579901031) Pic not shot by me. Credits goes to her photog Alexis.

Oh, and one more thing. I would just like to share the page of my friend Tiffany. She's a cosplayer who now lives abroad. However, she still continue with cosplay on her spare time. She puts her cosplay and drawings on this page.

https://m.facebook.com/Tsunderegirl1...message_bubble

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-08-04 at 08:35.
Old 2016-08-21, 09:43   Link #2646
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Otaku Expo 2016 (day 2)

Hi everyone. Time for another convention report.
Otaku Expo was held on Aug 6 and 7 at SM Megamall. 5th Floor, Megatrade Hall 1. We attended the second day. Hmm, we left the house a bit late so it's already past 1 pm when we arrived at the convention.

Without any further delay. Here are the pics:

Time: approximately 1:30 pm in the afternoon
Place: 5th floor of SM Megamall Building B

Kosaki Onodera cosplay by Mj-cat, and Chieri Sono cosplay by Mich. They are my companions at the car on going to this convention. My friend Sarah also came with us (not wearing cos). We thought it would be better to take pics now while we're not yet at the crowded areas of the convention. ^^

. .

Bought some tickets. Oh, sad.. their ticket is just made of paper now. In previous years the ticket is made of harder material, and can be taken home as souvenir. This time it's just printed on paper with ink that seems to be on "fast draft" mode. Lack of budget maybe?

Place: inside Megatrade Hall 1

First pic inside is a Homura Akemi from Madoka Magica. Cosplayed by Regine. I think this is a good cosplay of Homura-chan. And the anime is good too.

. .

This is the stage. I think it was a drinking contest going on there.

Just near the stage, I saw a friend. Geneva cosplaying as Miyuki Ayuzawa from Kaichou wa Maid Sama. Still a nice cosplay even without a wig.

. . .

Chitoge cosplay by Laarnie. We've talked a bit. Told me that I've taken a pic of her before, but the fb name she used before is different. Well, it's always nice to see again the people I've not seen for sometime in cons. Glad she still remembers.

Xristelle cosplaying as Kotori Minami (white day version).

Cute cat stuff toy. Saw this at one of the shops. /nya

Many cosplayers near the stage, so let's take some mroe shots.

Kula Diamond from King of Fighters. Cosplay by Nicole. Wow, I this is the first time I've met a Kula cosplayer. And she cosplayed the character rather nicely. ^^

. . .

Next we see a Deathsaurer on display. Hmm, it moves.. I wonder if this is mechanical or someone is inside? In a convention years ago, I saw something like this that can walk. Anyway, just by the pic, you can see how big it is.

note: the cosplayer in the pic I was not able to ask her name or her cos, she just happened to be there when I was taking pic of the dino.

Cat bags. Sarah is looking at them. Would have liked to buy one. But we don't really have much money with us.

Jake the dog stuff toys. ^^

Idolm@ster bag. Products of this anime have been showing up more often. Just to show that Love Live is not the only famous idol anime here.

Some other stuffs.

Zia cosplaying as Mirai Kuriyama (idol version). That's a nice smile.

. .

Kurl Tepes cosplay by Icine.

We find some more cat stuffs. This time we bought the wallet.

Walking a bit more, we see Elvie Chan as Xun Shangxiang and Mari Chan as Wang Yuanji. Both characters are from Dynasty Warrriors. Also the first time I've seen these characters cosplayed in a convention. Plenty game character coisplayers in this con.

Hmm, time flies a bit fast when walking around.

Time: almost 3 pm in the afternoon

Want to buy an Umaru Hoodie?

How to draw manga. It's a step by step drawing guide. **

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by K. Cruz

Rizel cosplaying as Noriko Sonozaki from Kizanaiver. First time to see this character in a convention as well.

Let's go out for a bit. And we need to get something to drink too.

Place: 5th floor of SM Megamall building B. Outside megatrade hall 1

Walked around a lot. But the guards are really really active.. so was not able to shoot much pics outside. But I did get one shot..

Taiga Aisaka cosplay by Evangeline. In conventions here, there would always be a tiger... err I mean a Taiga cosplayer.

. .

Went inside again.

Time: almost 4 pm
Place: inside megatrade hall 1

Found a cosplayer near the cheesecake store. She even has a bunny. ^^
Sora Kasugano from Yosuga no Sora. Cosplayed by Chreo. Also, the first time I've seen this character in a con. Hmm, counting the previous ones.. that's three firsts already. I guess there are many rare cosplays in this con. Not just the mainstream ones.

. .

Shazu and Kaze cosplaying as NyaaKB dancers.

Isuzu Sento cosplay by Johna Mae

Eunice cosplaying as Umaru Doma (video arcade girl version) from Himouto! Umaru-chan. I like this version a little bit more than the others, it's like she's ready to go and play a game. But she has a cam.. so I guess what Umaru is doing right now is being a photographer.

Krul Tepes cosplay by Luvi. Said that this is her first time to cosplay at an anime convention. Well, she did nicely on her first try in my opinion.

. .

Found a cheerful cosplayer near the stage, she's smiling a lot.
Stephanie cosplaying as Kaori Miyazono from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Famous anime, but the story is really sad ;_; Steph later showed me what's inside the violin case. And there's a real violin inside.

. .

Akifumi-chan cosplaying as Kongou from Kantai Collection

Gothic lolita cosplay by Tsukine Aoi

Time: almost 5 pm
Place: inside megatrade hall 1

Almost time to go home. Let's take a few more shots. Most cosplayers are inside, so there's no need to go outside.

Christine cosplaying as Doma Umaru (schoolgirl version)

Sanya Litvyak from Strike Witches. Cosplayed by Aika Pastel

Saw Regine again. The Homura cosplayer that we met when first went in. Well, we're all a bit tired by now. But Homura-chan is still active and having fun at the con.

Want to eat some cheesecakes? They look delicious.. unfortunately, the money I have left is only for gas for my car.

. .

Miu Miyu cosplaying as Rin Shibuya from Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls. Nice cosplay of the costume from the first opening theme.

. . .

Rem cosplay by Ning Eu, and Ram cosplay by Christine - characters from RE: Zero anime. Both cosplays are quite good. However, this also reminds me of Otaku Expo's awesome tarpaulin. just kidding XD

Still plenty of cosplayers even when it's almost evening. Let's keep going.

Chitoge Kirisaki cosplay by Ghe. Even when almost everyone is already tired, cosplayers can still have a nice smile.

Beatrice cosplaying as Krul Tepes.

Mumei from Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Cosplayed by Ayumi Ishikawa

Shalee cosplaying as Nao Tomori from Charlotte. Really cute cosplay, and she even has a panda bag (bag is not part of the costume).

. . .

Well, since we're almost going home. Pic again with Mich and MJ-cat before we all go back to my car. Goodbye hug to pikachu. ^^

Met Stephanie again - the Kao-chan cosplayer I've met earlier -. This time with her two friends. Asked Steph what's inside the case, and she showed me what's inside. :3

Weia as Doma Umaru (kimono version), Queenie (Nao Tomori), and Stephanie (Kaori Miyazono)

. .

Battle of the bands competition at the stage. Video is the 4th band that performed. Sorry, I was not able to hear the band name. the song sounds familiar, but I can't remember exactly what anime it came from.

Sadly, it's now time to go home.

Time: a little past 6 pm
Place: outside the megatrade hall

While walking to the car. Let's take a pic of cosplayers that we see. ^__^

Sheila Mae cosplaying as Kotori Minami (police version)

Unexpectedly met a friend. Ella Chavez cosplaying as Kotori Minami (white day version) with wings. It's a nice unexpected meeting, and just before going home too. Asked her why she has no shoes, she then told me that the costume is barefoot.

And the last pics for the day would be a maid cosplay by Dhy, and Shinoa cosplay by Elie Chan. These were shot just before we went down the escalator to the 4th floor. A nice way to end the day.

. . .

Well, that's all of them. Goodbye Otaku Expo 2016, maybe going back next year. I just hope nothing tarpaulin related happens again. XD

Quote:
News:

There is a tarpaulin auction at the evening of Otaku Expo. the highest priced one is the Rem and Ram tarpaulin. Unfortunately, the art used by the organizers is actually taken from a fanart by a certain Tomato. The artist complained... and the Otaku Expo staff apologized to him. Oh, and I discovered through comments that Otaku Expo and Ozine are run by the same company. I think the staff also did a public apology for what happened.

Status of the issue = solved by the organizers of the event by making an apology and give compensation to the artist.

The complaint

The art as seen on the page of the artist

Reactions in the cosplay community. Most of them are in english.

. . .

Pics taken at home:

This is a pic before we went to the convention. We spend less at the con by eating before going there. XD

Chitoge pin bought at the convention.

Well, that's all and thank you for reading. Next convention writeup will be about BOA 2016 this coming September. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-05-19 at 08:57.
Old 2016-08-23, 02:57   Link #2647
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

There were a lot of awesome cosplays at this event, I'd comment on all of them, but I'm pretty tired and my Internet's been acting iffy lately.
Plus, I'd like to see comments from some of the other members, it's just been back and forth between us lately.

Yeah, using someone's artwork without their permission is a big taboo, especially when making a profit off of it, but at least he was fortunate enough that they compensated him it.
I forget which artist it was (I literally follow over 1,598 on DeviantART alone, which increases by the day. ), but I remember reading a journal post one wrote about how a cell phone company in China was selling his artwork as a skin, without his permission, and without compensating him, and there was literally nothing he could do about it, because China does not honor international copyright laws.
On a separate note, I actually follow TOMATO on Pixiv, they're a good artist.
Old 2016-08-23, 06:12   Link #2648
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Well, others forum members do comment. But they comment on my profile page instead of this thread.
Maybe after I post the writeup for BOA 2016 (coming this sept), I should ask people to comment here instead of my profile.

Anyway, the event organizers received plenty of anger from the local cosplay community for stealing that fanart from Tomato. I've heard that it was supposed to be for a dakimakura.. so, they really stole money from the artist by taking the art without permisssion. Issue was resolved after 3 or 4 days I think..

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-08-23 at 06:31.
Old 2016-08-23, 08:25   Link #2649
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A very impressive group of cosplays, Liddo-kun. They all look very cool to me.

My personal favorites are probably Zia-as-Mirai Kuriyama (great facial expressions), K. Cruz-as-Rikka Takanashi (very good posing/costume), Taiga Aisaka cosplay by Evangeline (lovely costume and hair), and Isuzu Sento cosplay by Johna Mae (great posing, good costume).

As for the Ram/Rem news - I'm glad that the artist was compensated after, but hopefully this sort of thing doesn't happen again. It certainly shows the popularity of Ram/Rem right now, which is great to see.
Old 2016-08-23, 18:28   Link #2650
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks Triple-R. Well, we did arrive late at the convention, but thankfully still got some shots. I'll inform the cosplayers you've mentioned once I get in touch with them.

Well, I heard that in a previous year they did the same thing with a Saber fanart, but the organizers got away with it because no one pushed the case. But this year, they did not get away with the Rem and Ram stolen fanart. Anyway, the characters are indeed really popular here now. Was not very impressed by RE: Zero at the first ep.. but I will try rewatching again soon.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-08-23 at 18:46.
Old 2016-08-23, 19:13   Link #2651
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Re:Zero is one of those shows that gives off a first impression, that's totally different from what the actual series is about. In reality it's a psychological anime, and while I look forward to, and absolutely love every episode, I've learned to watch it first in my weekly line up, following it up with several comedies. Also, Rem has totally stolen the lead heroine's role from Emilia.
Old 2016-08-24, 06:24   Link #2652
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Palsa-san.

Thanks for the added info. will definitely watch it again. It seems those two maids really do something in the anime. No spoilers please. XD

Anyway, to keep on topic with the thread. Here's a pic of one of my friends. She also attended Otaku Expo, but we were not able to meet.

Rijin coslaying as Red Riding Annie from League of Legends. Photo not shot by me. Credits goes to her photog.

Old 2016-10-23, 04:10   Link #2653
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Sharing the Rikka Takanashi cosplay pics of my friend Yuriko Lee. These are just trial shots, she's still testing the costume. Photo not shot by me.

Old 2016-10-27, 10:12   Link #2654
lalunafelis
Wandering Feline

Just thought I'd post some pics I manage to snag at Cosplay Mania, even if I'm aware that it's a tad too late. I don't expect anyone to know who the guy in green that I'm cosplaying as is from, not unless you're Filipino and/or you're into retro mecha shows. All taken with a pedestrian iPhone 6 camera, so pardon the not-glamorous quality.

This guy's a staple of all cosplay events, i suppose....

And so is a giant-a$$ sword.

You'll just have to make do with what you have in the absence of an industrial fan.

I want her dress, actually.

Managed to snag a shot with this guy!

Pocky-mon?

And shameless self promotions.
lalunafelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 15:00   Link #2655
RichardFromMarple

Me as Sakamoto-Kun at Play Expo at Event City Manchester.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 05:28   Link #2656
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Finished our photoshoot today.

Cosplayers are my friend Mich cosplaying as Maki from Love Live. And my friend MJ-cat cosplaying as Kurumi Tokisaki from Date A Live.

So hot outside... but somehow we finished this shoot. ^__^

http://worldcosplay.net/member/185306

http://worldcosplay.net/member/Feichun151942

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-11-01 at 03:42.
Old 2016-12-01, 18:19   Link #2657
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Best of Anime 2016 (day 2)

Hello everyone. Time of the year once again for BOA 2016. This convention was held for two days at SMX Convention Center (Sept 17-18). Oh, and unlike other conventions this year, this time I had to go solo... Mj cat, Mich and Sarah are busy with work. And I'm busy as well, so was only able to stay at the con for 2 hrs. Anyway, still managed to get some pics even if the stay there was short. This is my favorite anime convention, and would always attend it. ^^

Without any further delay here are the pics:

Bought ticket.

Time: approcimately 5:30 pm in the afternoon
Place: second floor of SMX Convention Center, inside the function rooms

First pic is a Nico Yazawa cosplay (awakened maid version) by Queenie. Oh well, I didn't expect to see a friend right away.

Had a little chat with Queenie. Then it's time to explore the place. Still plenty of people even in the late afternoon. The characters in the pic are from a new TCG.. Luck and Logic. Looks like an ineresting game.

Some nice mugs

Thirsty so I went to the snacks area. And found some cosplayers there. ^^

Chiyo cosplay by Angel Mae

Maid costrip by Lara

Time for a drink.

Recovered from the thirst. Let's keep going. ^__^

Ashley using a uniform from the drama Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou. I think this can be called a costrip, since she's not copying any character. Well, she can be good as a cute Cattleya schoolgirl in the drama. :3

Want some cashew nuts?

The Japan Embassy. They have many interesting things in their booth - which includes plenty of origami. They also gave me a brochure with in fo on maid cafes in japan. Will show pics from the brochure later.

. . .

Sadly, since I arrived so late. The performances on stage are now over. On BOA 2014 I was able to take videos of Starmarie, but this year 2016 I have no videos to show you.

Hmm, even if there's no video we can still take pics. Let's keep going. ^___^

Time: approximately 6:30 pm
Place: second floor of SMX Convention Center, outside the function rooms

Aya Drevis cosplay by Shiori. There seem to be more c osplayers outside than inside.

Ayumi cosplaying as Rem from Re:Zero. She told me that it's nice to eat at Best Grill. @_@

This is where you can buy tickets.

Rory Mercury cosplay by Jozelle

. .

Settie as Asura Maru from Owari no Seraph and Kyla Senpie as Krul Tepes, also from Owari no Seraph anime.

You can see these screens when walking at the second floor.

Time: almost 7 pm
Place: inside the function room

The staff will check your arm once you go back inside.

Began exploring the stalls again. Maybe can find some souvenir to buy. I saw a Psyduck. XD

Mae cosplaying as Rikka Takanashi (goth version) and Ray as Dekomori. Well, Chuunibyou is still popular.

. . .
Spoiler:

Some Aquors items.

Visited the Luck and Logic booth. The staff told me that it's a stand alone card game. The art is good enough, and would have liked to buy a box, but short on cash. ;____;

And the other things you will see inside.

. .

Haobun Project. Looks like a comic. The person in the pic is the one who drew them.

Visited the Japan Foundation booth, and got a leaflet from miss Nica.

Figurines

. . .

And lastly, people aren't bored because One Piece Film: Z (eng subtitled)
is being shown on the big screens on stage.

Time: 7:20 pm
Place: outside the function rooms

Kurumi Tokisaki cosplay by Angelee

Chibi Ayu cosplaying as Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail. It's cute. *-*

Place: inside the function rooms

Almost time to go home. Went back inside for the last time.

Are you a RE:Zero fan?

Bought some souvenirs. A button pin and a You-chan mousepad. ^^

Rin cosplay by Almira

Some guys are watching Idolmaster on TV. I've listened to some of the songs and they're very good.

. .

Want a Kancolle bag?

People are still watching One Piece.

Learning how to make origami

Even if it's almost at the end. The convention is still very active. ^____^

A little sad that it's almost time to go home. Oh well..

Time: almost 8 pm
Place: second floor, outside the function rooms

By now you've probably seen the pattern. There are much more cosplayers outside the event. XD

Thea cosplaying as Emilia from Re:Zero

Saw another friend. Lorraine cosplaying as Shinoa from Owari no Seraph. Glad to see her, she's a friend that I haven't seen for a long time already.

. . . . .

Edward Scissorhands (genderbend) cosplay by Alexa. Now, this is something I haven't seen before. The props look difficult to hold, but she carried them well. Good work.

. .

Yuni Matoza as Maki Nishikino (ninja version) and Saia Sakata as Nico Yazawa (ninja version). Saia is a also a friend.. however, she did not tell me at the convention. Later on facebook, she told me that she was testing if I would recognize her. XD I did not, gomen. ><

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by Zhia. She has already taken off the wig, but took some pics just for fun.

Maria Christine as Maki (candy version) and Cai as Nozomi (candy version). Both characters are from Love Live season 1. Hmm, the original Love Live is still very popular here.

Jin cosplaying as Ram from Re:Zero. Hmm, many Re:Zero cosplayers in this convention.

. .

And one mo re Re:Zero cosoplayer. Mary Ann cosplaying as Ferris. Well, it's a nice anime, so it's expected that many people would cosplay characters from it. ^__^

. .

Time: past 8 pm in t he evening
Place: second floor of SMX

Time to go home now, but I took shots of cosplayers that I met on the way to the escalator.

Did not expect to see one more friend. But always expect the unexpected in conventions. Saw one more friend. Rica Otiz cosplaying as Hatsune Miku (senbonzakura version). I think the last time we met was 2013 or even 2012.. she has not changed at all - still good at cosplay. ^^

. . . . . .

Met two more cosplayers before going down to the first floor. Hmm, mt notes are a bit unclear. Only one name is written. I think Micah is the Nonon cosplayer, and her friend Touka Yatogami cosplayer is the one whom I don't know the name. Will edit this part once I get to talk with them.

. . . .

Place: first floor of SMX Convention Center

It has been a nice day. Had a good experience eventhough was on ly able to arrive the last 2 hours of the convention. Goodbye BOA 2016. Will come back again next year. ",)

From day 1:

I would like to congratulate my friend Jan Arielle Mendoza for winning the individual cloth category on the first day of the convention. She cosplayed as Korra from Avatar.

Pics taken at home:

Have some simple souvenirs from the convention.

Some anime pins. Pin from Hyperdi9mension Neptunia, Anohana, and anyone know which anime the girl with pink hair comes from? Anyway, I gave the Menma pin to MJ-cat, because she was not able to attend this convention.

Pics from the booklet given by the Japan Fpundation. One of the topics in the booklet is about the maid cafes in Japan. It's kawaii. :3

. . .

. . .

. . . .

And lastly. Got a You mousepad from one of the stalls there. One of my favorite characters from Love Live Sunshine. Would have also got a Yohane, but can't find any of her pics in the mouse pad stash.

Well, that's it. Thank you for reading. Might attend one more anime convention before the year ends. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-01-03 at 10:31.
Old 2016-12-05, 18:42   Link #2658
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

lalunafelis, Richard and Liddo-kun, awesome cosplays and great shots from the events.
There is way too much for me to comment on today, but I have to say that seeing the Aya Drevis cosplay was a pleasant surprise, I absolutely love the game Mad Father, if you haven't played it, do so, it's free (except on Steam).
Old 2016-12-08, 07:14   Link #2659
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks. Well, I liked the Aya Drevis cosplay too. I had t he feeling that it isn't just a simple maid costume. Mad Father is a game? Thanks for the info.. all this time I thought it's an anime. xD
Old 2016-12-08, 20:35   Link #2660
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Thanks. Well, I liked the Aya Drevis cosplay too. I had t he feeling that it isn't just a simple maid costume. Mad Father is a game? Thanks for the info.. all this time I thought it's an anime. xD
Yep, it's a free horror game made in the Wolf RPG engine, I recommend giving it a try. It took me about two sit downs to complete, a most enjoyable experience.
Alternately you could also Youtube a let's player video of the game.

Tags
cosplay, photo