AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 11:55   Link #321
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Were trying to do Marginal Prince... but efforts are kind of slow.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:45   Link #322
shoggoth80

I'll throw in a little. I don't know if I can name 10 series or not.

Legend of the Fierce Fighting God Oni.
I have ONE fansub episode of this one. This was released on LaserDisc only if what some people have told me is accurate.
I do not know if anyone has plans to actually pick this series up and sub it, or if that one episode was all that there is. I'd like to see more of this one.

Galaxy Express 999 TV.
This one actually is being fansubbed. I'm throwing this in as a hope to either complete the series, or get it licensed.

I've heard about the Orguss stuff, and would like to see it/learn more. I have seen some Orguss in a domestic release... I am guessing that if people are calling for fansubs of it, it was never finished, or never reprinted/ renewed.

Was Starblazers ever done? I know that this series was spun off of the Yamato movies, and those were alright. I do not know if the movies have been re-released or not. If not, it might help draw some attention to them from the newer anime fans if they did get a fansub.
shoggoth80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 13:48   Link #323
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm kinda surprised no one's picked up Terra e. It and Dennou Coil were two of my most anticipated series this season. I'd really, really appreciate someone doing one or both of these. There are cookies involved.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 13:59   Link #324
martino
makes no files now

Terra e aired it's first episode 12 days ago, it usually takes around two weeks in case of a non-speedsub group to have all the stuff ready before release. So I wouldn't put it on the to-see-subbed wishlist yet. And Denno Coil hasn't even aired yet...
Old 2007-04-19, 18:49   Link #325
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm kinda surprised no one's picked up Terra e. It and Dennou Coil were two of my most anticipated series this season. I'd really, really appreciate someone doing one or both of these. There are cookies involved.
A-E/Saizen are doing Terra e. The first two episodes are both in QC.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 13:26   Link #326
ramzito

Has anyone ever thought of fansubbing Nintama Rantarou? It's an old classic and very funny as well.

I have also been wondering if someone would continue fansubbing Highschool Kimengumi? The guys who were doing it stalled their project. This is another classic that shouldn't be missed at any cost!
ramzito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 12:09   Link #327
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

The only anime on my wishlist ATM is Wangan Midnight. It premires this Saturday but no group has it on their project lists.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:49   Link #328
Eugene
Barnarna Pearl

1). ドラゴンクエスト (Dragon Quest) - Not the Dai's Great Adventure series but the one with Able, Tiala, Daisy, etc... I was so into this show when the english dubs were aired on TV back in the early 90s, so disappointed when it was cancelled! The licence isn't held by Saban (or anyone) in the US anymore, DVDs of the show were availible here but seem to be "Out of Print" now *sigh*: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVDB-114

2). 楽しいムーミン一家 (Tanoshii Muumin Ikka / Fun Moomin Family) - I love the Moomin children's books by Tove Jansson and was excited when I found that there was a Japanese anime for it! Still, years after being informed of it's existence I've yet to see an episode of it. Found the OP and ED themes on YouTube here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpqnJYN9vkI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rftT0E6IeCo

3). ふしぎ魔法ファンファンファーマシイー (Fushigi Mahou Fan Fan Faamashiii / Mysterious Magic Fun Fun Pharmacy) - This one has caught my eye for awhile and I finally tracked down some Chinese subbed episodes from here.: http://www.btmon.com/torrent/fun%20fun%20pharmacy
Still, It would be wonderful to see the whole series of 42 episodes! It would also be nice to have them dubbed (even though the Japanese in the show so far hasn't been too hard to understand.

4). 太陽の子エステバン (Taiyou no Ko Esuteban / Child of the Sun Estaban) - Such great memories as a little kid watching this show on Nickelodeon at my grandmother's place (we didn't have cable back at our own house at the time). Now that the license on this from Nick has passed away and since DVDs are out there in Japan, I highly encourage and root for this one getting subbed!

5. おねがいマイメロディ (Onegai Mai Merodi / Please, My Melody) - I'm a sucker for cute things... especially cute anime shows based off San Rio characters. I grabbed a torrent of the raw episodes for the later Kuru Kuru Shuffle series of this... the fact those are out there might lend hope to someone subbing it perhaps. Still would be curious to see this first series though!

That's all I'll put down for now... Top 5 seems fine to me, more focused that way!
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 05:41   Link #329
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Just a heads up, Laserion is currently being rebroadcast in Japan four times a week (Mondays 5-6 is the main broadcast). While nobody's posting the episodes to Nico Nico, there's a good chance that someone is capping them and posting on JP2P.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:38   Link #330
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
2). 楽しいムーミン一家 (Tanoshii Muumin Ikka / Fun Moomin Family) - I love the Moomin children's books by Tove Jansson and was excited when I found that there was a Japanese anime for it! Still, years after being informed of it's existence I've yet to see an episode of it. Found the OP and ED themes on YouTube here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpqnJYN9vkI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rftT0E6IeCo

Pretty sure this one is licensed. It's generally shown on British television in the mornings and was a favourite of many of my friends when I was growing up (oddly, I didn't particularly like it).
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 08:52   Link #331
Ashyukun

I'd love to see Hare Tokidoki Buta subbed... but given ABC Family likely still has the rights from when they hacked it up and aired a portion of the episodes as Tokyo Pig (though admittedly they kept much of its charm and humor) it's not too likely that would ever happen. The fact it's on the older side and rather long doesn't help matters either...
Ashyukun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 22:08   Link #332
Eugene
Barnarna Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
Pretty sure this one is licensed. It's generally shown on British television in the mornings and was a favorite of many of my friends when I was growing up (oddly, I didn't particularly like it).
Hmmn... but does the British licensing extend to the US and Canada? I guess I forgot the UK had that show translated over there... I feel cheated somewhat that we didn't get it over here in the US.

Found the Japanese episodes over on Nico Nico Douga (www.nicovideo.jp) so I've been watching some there. I'm getting better at Japanese so it's not too hard to follow along on that one (even without subs)... I think the show is adorable and I love it... Then again, I'm also a big fan of the Finnish books and comics the series is based off of!
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 10:56   Link #333
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Hmmn... but does the British licensing extend to the US and Canada? I guess I forgot the UK had that show translated over there... I feel cheated somewhat that we didn't get it over here in the US.
It of course depends on the formulation of the license agreement, but in general licenses only cover distribution in one country. International agreements with several legally different licensors in different countries become a bit too complicated I guess.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 14:55   Link #334
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Depending on the company, a number of US licensors extend their licenses to Britain when they license a series (which is strange, considering we're in different Regions) but I've never heard of it happening the other way round. Then again, I've never known a British company to license anime...
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 18:50   Link #335
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
I've never known a British company to license anime...
Uhhhh....Manga?

Yup, they're officially based in the UK but licensed international. Lots of the early CPM stuff was actually sublicensed from Manga UK. You also had companies like Western Connections in the late 90's doing a few UK dub-only VHS, but they died quickly. Part of the issue with UK licensing is that the market here is small and it's not profitable to pay out the nose to the Japanese for right of first release - far cheaper to sublicense from the US.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 06:43   Link #336
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
1). ドラゴンクエスト (Dragon Quest) - Not the Dai's Great Adventure series but the one with Able, Tiala, Daisy, etc... I was so into this show when the english dubs were aired on TV back in the early 90s, so disappointed when it was cancelled! The licence isn't held by Saban (or anyone) in the US anymore, DVDs of the show were availible here but seem to be "Out of Print" now *sigh*: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVDB-114
Hehe let's find a translator, since I have the DVDs. You'd think there would be more TLs willing to do Dragon Quest...seeings how it is so friggin popular in Japan .
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 03:15   Link #337
HiSpeedJecy

Thumbs up My Fansub wishlist

I'd like to see fansubs done for these series:

Lensman

Borgman (there are HK versions of this floating around but a faithful adaptation would be great)

Cutey Honey (Original series)

Cutey Honey Flash (entire series)

Queen Millenia

Queen Emeraldas (nice 4 part OVA series)
HiSpeedJecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 04:32   Link #338
ConsiderPhlebas
CP
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpeedJecy View Post
Queen Millenia
Belive it or not, although it was a year since the last release, we (L-E) are still working on QM...
I've been working to kick some life into it and it seems to have worked.

As for Queen Emeraldas, although not a pure fansub, you do have Temuchin's release.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:14   Link #339
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Do you people have conjuration skills to master level yet?

If I had caught this post in 2006 I would have BEGGED for Mermaid Melody to be subbed... god I really liked that show, and yes I'm a guy.

Also a re-release of Kodomo no Omocha with good subs wouldn't do bad.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 12:41   Link #340
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Gears of Destiny (it's a game xD)
Mister Ajikko (most of the subs I watched are badly subbed)

Cant think of anything else