AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 13:10   Link #6221
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Not really. I was planning to do it anyway, but the latest episode kinda sealed the deal for me
Heh. I already have Dynames. In fact Exia's the only one I don't have (well Virtue's still in the post), but I'm waiting for the so coming MG. Although I might get Avalanche if the rumour is for real. It's just a pain only getting 1/100 as I find 1/144 too small for my liking as that means I miss out on some of my fav suits. Despite them destroying some the Thrones, I hope they will release them in 1/100 as I want them. Although I am tempted to get the GN Arms (and I mean both of them since I will muilti buy quite happily if I like it enough).
Old 2008-03-15, 13:12   Link #6222
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

So far, there are three 00 Gundams I wish I had in 1/100. One is Dynames. The other one being still nonexistent official Zwei and Plutone.

Tell me, Terra, how much gunpla do you have? And another question - are you happy with the Dynames kit you have?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 13:56   Link #6223
Terra

Errr, let's see.....

I think I have a 1/144 Deathsythe somewhere (don't ask me where)

1/100
Epyon
Blitz
Dual
Strike
Freedom
Justice
Impulse
X
Double X
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Red Astray
Aegis
Saviour (in the post)
Yzak's custom Zaku
Lunamaria's custom Zaku
Rey's custom Zaku

1/60
Strike and Freedom I think

MG
Strike
Freedom
Nu
Hi-Nu (still building atm)
Metallic Sazabi (need to put most of the decals on that still)
Metallic Nu (needs building)
Unicorn (needs building)

PG
Zeta
Titans Gundam (can't remember what it's called)

I'm sure I have more but most of them are packed away since I built them whilst I was at uni and I don't have the space at home to have them out.

Most of them are straight builds. Only recently have I started to panel line. The Hi-Nu I'm building is being panel lined as I go. I'll probably go back and panel line the others at a later date. I know I want to do some custom paint jobs on some of the models, but that's for when I get my own place.

As for Dynames, definately needs panel lining, but I'm happy with it.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:04   Link #6224
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
anybody know any US-based distributors for gundam models? I kinda don't want to pay an arm and a leg when I order my MG RX-178 when it comes to shipping.
I get most of my kits from GSaM. Prices are reasonable, as well as the shipping. The site is pretty organize, too. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
I dont live in the US but http://www.hobbywave.com ship for 10$.
Hobbywave, if I'm not mistaken, is a Canada-based distributor, but they do ship to US, though. Prices are also reasonable, but that flat rate $10 shipping can sometimes be a disadvantage...
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:11   Link #6225
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Wow, that's a lot of Gundam models, man!

And you are happy with Dynames. That's cool. I am used to panel-line just every kit. Even the few 1/144s I have.

One question, though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Yzak's custom Zaku
I've never heard of one that is 1/100! Could you post some pics of it, please? Or maybe you've meant Dearka's Gunner Zaku?

As for the "Titan's Gundam", I think it is RX-178 Mk-II. I have one MG which I decalled with number 03
Old 2008-03-15, 14:14   Link #6226
Terra

I might be wrong. I am running off memory for most of them which is why I'm not sure on the full list.

Also I'm female. <3 building models.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:17   Link #6227
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Also I'm female. <3 building models.
Oh, sorry miss. Now that's interesting! First time encountering a lady with so many Model Kits, at least first time I am aware of such a person

I collect models only from my favorite Gundam series which so far is Zeta and SEED. I think I'll just skip my planned GM Sniper Custom purchase and focus on attaining Dynames.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:23   Link #6228
Terra

I haven't seen the series with Zeta, the Titans, or Nu/Sazabi. Need to go kick the person who's supposed to be sending me them up the ass again. Tis a problem when you want to watch the UC series in order. But if I see a suit and really like it's design I'll buy it.

I've always been a fan of puzzles and doing stuff with my hands. Building models just is an extension of that. Always been good at learning by doing rather than reading it.
Old 2008-03-15, 14:33   Link #6229
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
I haven't seen the series with Zeta, the Titans, or Nu/Sazabi. Need to go kick the person who's supposed to be sending me them up the ass again. Tis a problem when you want to watch the UC series in order. But if I see a suit and really like it's design I'll buy it.
That's totally unlike me. Unless something doesn't have any meaning to me beside aestethics, I'm not so willing to invest any greater effort or, even more so, money. Same is with Gundam stuff. I have to really like the series/character to decide I'd start buying something. My thing about Dearka figures/Buster kits is a good example of that.

My collection:

Fix Figuration

- RX-78G0P4S Stamen + Weapon system

1/144

- Zaku Phantom Dearka Custom
- Gouf Ignited Heine Custom

1/100

Blitz
Buster
Duel
Strike
Providence
Destiny
Sword Impulse
Zaku Warrior

MG

Hyaku Shiki
RX-178 Mk-II Titan colors
Strike Noir

A small one, comparing to yours
Old 2008-03-15, 14:37   Link #6230
Terra

TY for reminding me I have Providence. Told ya I'd missed some off that list XD
Old 2008-03-15, 14:41   Link #6231
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
TY for reminding me I have Providence. Told ya I'd missed some off that list XD
You're welcome. I'm kinda still stunned that I've actually encountered a lady that apart from cosmetics and clothes actually buys gunpla and is actually much better modeller than me
Old 2008-03-15, 14:44   Link #6232
Terra

I don't wear makeup and I'm not a big clothes buyer. Tomboy. I played with cars and lego as a kid. Hated dolls XD
Old 2008-03-15, 14:50   Link #6233
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
I don't wear makeup and I'm not a big clothes buyer. Tomboy. I played with cars and lego as a kid. Hated dolls XD
Ah... now everything kinda clears up for me It'd be just plain strange if you were a Paris Hilton type that sits and meddles with her soft hands in plastic

Tomboy, you say... maybe you liked Cagalli from CE, then. Haven't you thought about buying Akatsuki or Strike Rouge maybe?
Old 2008-03-15, 14:57   Link #6234
Terra

Akatsuki yes, Strike Rouge no since I have Strike and I hate pink.

None of the girls from CE really stood out for me, but Cagalli was one of the highest for me.
Old 2008-03-15, 15:01   Link #6235
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I also have this strange thing for buying Model Kits to be displayed with the spare figures I have. Did it for Heine. When I felt that I don't know what to do with his figure, I've bought Gouf to have something to come up with our orange-haired ace ^^;

The only spare figure (thre one without a gunpla "partner") I am having at the moment is Cagalli's one. Thinking about buying a MG Strike Rouge hence I already have Hyaku Shiki and I don't feel lije buying another gold-plated model
Old 2008-03-15, 15:07   Link #6236
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

terra and dearka, reading ur guys post make me want go get more gunpla models lol.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:11   Link #6237
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
terra and dearka, reading ur guys post make me want go get more gunpla models lol.

I've been collecting model kits since last year and I know one thing... when you delve deep into it, it consumes your whole time. Combined with watching anime plus searching for news, internet sites etc... I'm happy that I've actually managed to get a life before this lol
Old 2008-03-15, 15:23   Link #6238
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

I've been collecting model kits since last year and I know one thing... when you delve deep into it, it consumes your whole time. Combined with watching anime plus searching for news, internet sites etc... I'm happy that I've actually managed to get a life before this lol
hahahaha, i know, i've been building Gunpla since 06, when I was in China I had few MGs, I've done few HGs in Canada ( stargazer and 00) Building gunpla it's like a quiet time for me, I usuaully let anime run in the computer and build my gundam hehehe, called local store today, gonna go pick up a GP-03 :P You should look into some of the MGs from the old series MKII-Titan, GP-01/02/03....I need save up money for a MSA-0011 Ex - S
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:31   Link #6239
Terra

I've been building really since Seed. But the Wing models I have came much earlier. But it's only those 2.

Anyway, for the hell of it I've taken a pic of what I've done with Hi-Nu so far:

http://www.xenoinsight.com/IMG_1690.JPG
Old 2008-03-15, 15:34   Link #6240
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
h You should look into some of the MGs from the old series MKII-Titan, GP-01/02/03....
Yeah. Maybe you haven't looked at my list, but I actually have a MG Hyaku Shiki and Mk-II Titan's version I already have a FIx Figuration of GP-03, so it's enough for me. GP-02 looks badass, though. Maybe someday... :]

Quote:
I need save up money for a MSA-0011 Ex - S
That's a heavy one It'a a pass for me. No memories of it from anime or anything whatsoever

@ Terra - I've heard lots of good stuff about Hi-Nu. But I'd build Strike Freedom Full Burst rather than that kit

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy