AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-20, 22:24   Link #9021
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I don't see how they are clinging to hope. I think dismissing C.C. and claiming she is dead doesn't really make sense. If there were only 2 episodes left, you'd probably be right. But with 10 left? I'm just really skeptical she isn't going to get her memories back. This such a common plot device and usually the people always get their memories back. Of course, even if she gets her memories back doesn't guarantee a C.C. victory. Anything can happen.
The website puts its, more or less, that her memories were the price for losing her power. So if she gets her memories back, so comes back the power. C.C. is dead as long as the power does not return, her wish was to be free from that power. I see nothing wrong with saying that C.C. is dead until otherwise stated.

Her getting her memories back is not a good thing, nor is it necessarily bad.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:25   Link #9022
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Lulu X memory-loss C.C., anyone?
It could work... Or the very least I'm sure Lelouch would take better care of an innocent girl now.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:25   Link #9023
mysociallink2

She is dead!

Old 2008-07-20, 22:26   Link #9024
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The website puts its, more or less, that her memories were the price for losing her power. So if she gets her memories back, so comes back the power. C.C. is dead as long as the power does not return, her wish was to be free from that power. I see nothing wrong with saying that C.C. is dead until otherwise stated.

Her getting her memories back is not a good thing, nor is it necessarily bad.
Which power?

CC wants to love. That does not require mortality. What stopped her was her love-geass, which ironically she hadn't got ever since she became immortal. The only barrier was psychological, not magical. CC was just Emo, and had no right to kill herself.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:28   Link #9025
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Lulu X memory-loss C.C., anyone?
Nooooo. Hell, I prefer Kaguya with Lelouch to this memory-loss!C.C. (and considering how I really dislike KaguyaXLelouch that's really saying something). At least Kaguya for all her fangirlishness is not a Chi clone.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:28   Link #9026
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Which power?

CC wants to love. That does not require mortality. What stopped her was her love-geass, which ironically she hadn't got ever since she became immortal. The only barrier was psychological, not magical. CC was just Emo, and had no right to kill herself.
Her immortality. She does not want to be an immortal, was that point not made perfectly clear? Stop pushing your own definitions about life, mortality, and immortality, onto C.C.. She does not want to be immortal because it makes her life and experiences meaningless, or at least that is how she sees it.

If she becomes immortal again, and does in fact experience love, it will be even more tragic when she lives on well past her source of love and clings onto one fleeting happiness for eternity. To her, the power of the Geass, all of it, is a curse.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:32   Link #9027
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Which power?
I believe it's called "Code", and it's the power of immortality and to grant geass. Both C.C. and the nun who gave her the power of Geass called the eternal living of Code they had a "Living Hell".
Old 2008-07-20, 22:43   Link #9028
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Her immortality. She does not want to be an immortal, was that point not made perfectly clear? Stop pushing your own definitions about life, mortality, and immortality, onto C.C.. She does not want to be immortal because it makes her life and experiences meaningless, or at least that is how she sees it.

If she becomes immortal again, and does in fact experience love, it will be even more tragic when she lives on well past her source of love and clings onto one fleeting happiness for eternity. To her, the power of the Geass, all of it, is a curse.
Love is fleeting. That's what makes it precious. CC lost belief in love not because she lived a long time, but because she could get love in bulk and as much as she wants via geass, which made it cheap.

The Love-Geass disappeared the second she became immortal. Her immortality had nothing to do with her unhappiness.

True love is valued not because it is eternal, but because it is fragile. And if she can't accept that then she doesn't deserve to escape from her life via death.

Or do you think it is okay for people with broken hearts to kill themselves? Or have widows and widowers be buried alive with their dead spouses?
Old 2008-07-20, 22:52   Link #9029
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

This new C.C. might hit it off with Lelouch. The previous version was more of an equal to Lelouch. There past relationship was to allow each other to achieve their goals. After episode 15 I can see Lelouch caring for the "moe".
Old 2008-07-20, 22:55   Link #9030
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
This new C.C. might hit it off with Lelouch. The previous version was more of an equal to Lelouch. There past relationship was to allow each other to achieve their goals. After episode 15 I can see Lelouch caring for the "moe".
He will probably train her to act like his equal with some fanservice
Old 2008-07-20, 22:56   Link #9031
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
I wonder when he is going to find the time to care for her.. he is a little busy at the moment. He shouldn't really have time to show C.C. how to use a modern toilet etc and I sure don't want to see an episode wasted for this kind of crap.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:00   Link #9032
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I don't think they'll bother showing such nuances, though it would be funny in an awkward way.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:19   Link #9033
LordJedi

Let's hope the amnesia won't last too long... what makes C.C so special is her personality after all. Yes, she's hot but so are most CG female characters
Old 2008-07-20, 23:31   Link #9034
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I wonder when he is going to find the time to care for her.. he is a little busy at the moment. He shouldn't really have time to show C.C. how to use a modern toilet etc and I sure don't want to see an episode wasted for this kind of crap.
He had time to care for Shirley.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:40   Link #9035
mayumi

i am going to guess that lelouch will have to say C.C real name out with all the love and concern from his heart like she requested back in season 1. didn't really understand the meaning of it until now. its kinda sad, but maybe the new C.C can trust him based on that. hopefully she will get her memories back at the end.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:42   Link #9036
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
He had time to care for Shirley.
True, but the pace of the show has increased
Old 2008-07-20, 23:50   Link #9037
Micante

Code Geass has a habit of resolving things in half an episode while throwing in plot points for a different plot when you expected to see epic multi-episoded battles with no interruptions. I don't think pacing will be a problem.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:47   Link #9038
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Code Geass has a habit of resolving things in half an episode while throwing in plot points for a different plot when you expected to see epic multi-episoded battles with no interruptions. I don't think pacing will be a problem.
Indeed, if the same anime was made in the 1990's, the current story would probably span 120 episodes. Sunrise knows they have a lot of plot to resolve, so things happen as quickly as possible.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:54   Link #9039
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Indeed, if the same anime was made in the 1990's, the current story would probably span 120 episodes. Sunrise knows they have a lot of plot to resolve, so things happen as quickly as possible.
Haha, you got me thinking about some redundancy use in other animes."cough cough...DragonBallz....coug....Bleach ...cough......Gwing..."
Old 2008-07-21, 01:15   Link #9040
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Haha, you got me thinking about some redundancy use in other animes."cough cough...DragonBallz....coug....Bleach ...cough......Gwing..."
Gundam Wing wasn't that long, most Gundam series have 50 episodes by default.

As for shonen series, that's the curse of trying to not overtake the manga.

I wasn't talking about either, though. I was talking about old-school anime series where as few things happened as possible because there wasn't much content in the plot. The adventure was so open-ended that they never got anywhere. (Pokemon anime is guilty of this.)

It is refreshing to see an anime that tries to be ambitious in scope over a moderately long series. They are trying to do a lot in 50 episodes, so much so that some audiences have trouble adjusting sometimes. After all, Lulu took 3-4 episodes to get China as an ally and a few more episodes to start up a world-wide coalition against Britannia. And even romantic relationships develop at the speed of light, so much so that we don't know how it will end with the number of remaining episodes.

Tags
characters, romance