AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-07, 14:16   Link #41
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Finally some (really) good news on the animation front:
- the animation director for episode 166 will be Hirofumi Suzuki. He did episodes 82 (Asuma's funeral), 85 (team 10 vs H&K) and 123 (Sasuke vs Deidara) of Shippuuden, basically most of the Shippuuden "special" episodes.
- the animation director for episode 167 will be Atsushi Wakabayashi. He has only worked on the original series before and did episode 30 (Sasuke vs Orochimaru), 71 (third hokage vs Orochimaru) and 133 (Naruto vs Sasuke at the VotE), basically most of the part 1 "special" episodes.
I'm really glad to see some of the best animators are doing those episodes, but personally I would have wanted 162 to be one of the best done episodes. It was okay, but I had really hoped for a little more with Konoha's destruction. This last episode I thought really sucked which ticked me off because I remember when I first read this in the manga I really started to like Naruto as a character after watching him fight pain. Oh well... there were 20 or 30 chapters of pure awesomeness all in a row in this section, we can't have the best animators doing every one of them. :/

Quote:
Spoiler for MORE SPOILERS ABOUT 166 - DON'T OPEN IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA, YOU'LL GET CANCER:
Spoiler for if you don't know what's coming:

EDIT: Sorry neshru... I was a bit foggy as to what was appropriate to this thread. It doesn't say "anime only" but it seems a lot of the anime only people are reading it.

Last edited by Emilis; 2010-06-07 at 14:47.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:25   Link #42
neshru

^ please use spoiler tags.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 00:08   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Holy cow! Atsushi is like a living legend among the fans who appreciate their animated movement and he is highly respected among his peers because how capable he is. Sasuke vs Orochimaru is one of the fluidest fights in the entire Naruto series. He topped that fight with Sasuke vs Naruto in episode 133 by large margin even though the episode was incomplete. I'm so looking forward to episode 167.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 00:33   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
EDIT: Sorry neshru... I was a bit foggy as to what was appropriate to this thread. It doesn't say "anime only" but it seems a lot of the anime only people are reading it.
As long as there is not a [Manga] or [Anime-Only] in the title, then the thread is for both anime and manga readers (a kind of middle ground, if you will). The difference between [Anime-Only] and a non-bracketed thread title is the use of spoilers. [Anime-Only] threads never have manga spoilers (to put a spoiler in such a thread could, if a mod is vindictive enough, lead to an infraction (and if it is constant spoiling, then a possible ban)), but non-bracketed threads allow for manga spoilers, as so long as they are placed under spoiler tags. ([Manga] threads, of course, allow for full spoilage (unless you are trying to spoil future chapters in previous chapter threads, in which case spoiler tags are required).)

--

As for future episodes,...well at least we know Yumenosuke Tokuda will be getting a short break since Hirofumi Suzuki and Atsushi Wakabayashi are doing 166 & 167 (I swear, Tokuda is the most overworked of the Shippuden animation supervisors, and what little animation we do like in about the last dozen or so episodes is directly resulted from Yumenosuke Tokuda coming in to fix the mistakes of the supervisors already hired...sadly, he could only do so much...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 07:39   Link #45
neshru

I think it hasn't been posted yet
Spoiler for TITLE for episode 167:
Old 2010-07-07, 10:27   Link #46
james0246

Spoiler for July and beginning of August schedule:

Spoiler for discussion...:

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-28 at 09:00.
Old 2010-08-01, 19:02   Link #47
iBeast

I don't think they will waste any special animation on talking and flashbacks.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 23:43   Link #48
james0246

Spoiler for August and 1st part of September Schedule with credits...:

176 and 177 seem like a complete waste of time...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-11 at 00:30.
Old 2010-08-11, 01:56   Link #49
naruske

are those 2 episodes the start of a new arc? or are they just small fillers?
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:05   Link #50
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
they are the start of filler arc i dont know how many episodes is hope it is only 2 or 4 max
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:23   Link #51
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
It'll probably be just 2 episodes. It wouldn't make sense to start a whole adventure arc, even if it's short like the 6-Tails, right after the big battle and Konoha getting wiped out. Why Iruka though? I guess with what's coming up, they'll be too busy with so many other characters, so they figure if they're going to give any extra screentime to him, they'd better do it now. It will probably be flashbacks about how his parents were killed by the Kyuubi, and how he's watched Naruto grow up into the hero of the village. Really all stuff we already know. I agree with james, it is a waste of time.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:27   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

As I'm looking at these episode titles posted by James, I'm wondering: are we already in filler? Episode 170-171 was a total waste of time. The upcoming episode titles indicate more of the wtf am I watching and why?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:30   Link #53
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For some reason, I'm starting to smell a filler in these episode titles, or just something that will just side-track us from what is happening now.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 16:50   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As I'm looking at these episode titles posted by James, I'm wondering: are we already in filler? Episode 170-171 was a total waste of time. The upcoming episode titles indicate more of the wtf am I watching and why?
Episode 175 will be the end of the Pain arc, and it will cover up to Chapter 450, only 55 chapters from the last released chapter. So, there will be a filler arc for sure (honestly, there is no way around it). I'm expecting another Season long filler arc, so somewhere around 20-25 weeks of filler...honestly, better a filler arc than inserting filler in the next canon story arc...
Old 2010-08-11, 21:23   Link #55
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Episode 170-171 was a total waste of time.
Episode 170-171 promoted the Minato movie. So I can understand what the anime was doing. But filler about Iruka? I'd rather watch paint dry.

The anime could have easily padded the Pain arc out. But they mostly stuck to canon. And because of that, we are likely heading to major filler. The next arc wasn't that long either...
Spoiler for manga:
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 07:51   Link #56
neshru

Quote:
As I'm looking at these episode titles posted by James, I'm wondering: are we already in filler?
There will be some filler for sure after the end of the arc, but I don't think it will be a long saga unless they pull a Bleach. It will probably be only 4 episodes just to get to the new OP and start the next canon arc with that.
Old 2010-08-12, 08:14   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
There will be some filler for sure after the end of the arc, but I don't think it will be a long saga unless they pull a Bleach. It will probably be only 4 episodes just to get to the new OP and start the next canon arc with that.
I just don't see how that is possible. The manga and anime are too close together, so some room has to be made. I am fully expecting an actual filler arc...which, realistically, wouldn't be too bad (at least from the perspective of time).

For instance, I can see a Re-Build Konoha arc (since the village was kind of destroyed), in which Naruto and a few others (not Hinata ) go off to acquire materials needed to start work on rebuilding Konoha, only to encounter some rouge ninja organization (or just some douche nobles) that are terrorizing the area Konoha needs to acquire materials from (or something to that effect).

Whatever the case, 4 episodes is simply not enough filler, unless we want the anime to heavily mess with the upcoming canon arcs (ala the horrendous use of filler and padding from early on in Shippuden). Additionally, this is a great place to introduce lots of filler without necessarily interfering with the story.
Old 2010-08-12, 08:32   Link #58
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I just don't see how that is possible.
Why not? The next arc to come in the anime is already over in the manga. Plus this is a bad spot to have a long filler arc. Plus having all the good animators come back from the movie production just to use them on a filler arc would be retarded (well, I'm not sure the studio cares at this point).
The end of the next arc is the perfect spot for a long filler arc. Because there is all the space to fit a long filler arc in the current storyline, and because it would happen during the production of the next movie, so no canon arc would get ruined by bad animation like it happened to the current arc.
Old 2010-08-12, 08:40   Link #59
james0246

Quote:
Why not? The next arc to come in the anime is already over in the manga. Plus this is a bad spot to have a long filler arc. Plus having all the good animators come back from the movie production just to use them on a filler arc would be retarded (well, I'm not sure the studio cares at this point).
The end of the next arc is the perfect spot for a long filler arc.
I agree that the end of the next arc is a good space for fillers, but I also see the end of this arc as a good space for fillers.

Spoiler for minor manga spoilers...:

Whatever the case, I do think a little more time is needed before the start of the next canon arc...
Old 2010-09-01, 23:28   Link #60
james0246

More of the September Schedule:

Spoiler for The rest of the September Schedule...:

More filler...

Tags
upcoming episodes