AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 15:17   Link #401
Xaturas

Man I wish someone would pick up the manga translation, or that CXC released it more often than once every 2-3 months ... As it is now anime is far far past scanlated chapters, and that makes me sad as I wanted to read it ^^.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:23   Link #402
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
The big question is who sent the photo of Aki and Senou in bed to the school? The obvious criminal would be that d+ckwad Atsuhi, but if Kyouhei sent it out of jealousy...this episode gets even more hellish.
Ah true maybe it's Kyohei ! It could be another reason why he's so angry about it. He hates himself because of what he did back then.

And good find zzhk about Kukuri and Kyohei !
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:27   Link #403
Ziziphus
Whatever

Wow, what a fantastic episode! This episode left me with so many different emotions, so many things I want to say I don't even know what to begin with. This episode delivers on both the plot and the character development front, with some nice visual directions and music accompany, especially that final scene with the insert song was just beautiful.

So we get to know the circumstances around Aki's mass murderer incident (about time!), Kyouhei's sensei's backstory, the story behind Hibino's vision of Aki (from Moyako's mind) last ep, as well as the reason why Kyouhei stopped being a seki and left the village.

What we still don't know (and were teased with) is Aki's real backstory: what made him into such a messed up boy, what was his motive for obtaining Kuramitsuha, what did he plan to do together with Kyouhei, why was he willing to wait so patienty until Kyouhei left,... Really, this ep may reveal a bit about Aki's younger, less psycho self back at the village, but as far as I can tell, he wasn't that much different than what he is today. I guess his troubled personality stems way back to whatever incident we saw at the beginning of ep 1, though I don't know if we'll ever get to that.

Man, if this series can keep up the quality like this for the rest of its run (which I highly doubt but still), it might become one of my top series this season. Can't wait for next week!
Old 2011-08-16, 15:37   Link #404
mols

lol, funny to suggest suicide... when stabbed in the back!!
anyway, horrible village, hope they'll build a decent road one day and end all the stupid stuff going on there.

Also, what's the big deal? the teacher did not seem to be married... so adulterous? I don't think so.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:55   Link #405
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus
What we still don't know (and were teased with) is Aki's real backstory: what made him into such a messed up boy, what was his motive for obtaining Kuramitsuha, what did he plan to do together with Kyouhei, why was he willing to wait so patienty until Kyouhei left,... Really, this ep may reveal a bit about Aki's younger, less psycho self back at the village, but as far as I can tell, he wasn't that much different than what he is today. I guess his troubled personality stems way back to whatever incident we saw at the beginning of ep 1, though I don't know if we'll ever get to that.
Well, we can tell that Aki had a rough childhood as an illegitimate child who was brought in to live in the Kuga household.
That makes him cousins with Kyouhei; probably their fathers are brothers.
Life would have been tough and discriminatory until Aki became a Seki which granted him respect in the village, hence his attachment to Kuramitsuha.
Spoiler for for Episode 1 opening flashback (manga spoilers):

Some time after the events in the Episode 1 flashback, Aki must have lost his Seki privileges and gone back to his ostracized existence with Kyouhei as his only friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
Also, what's the big deal? the teacher did not seem to be married... so adulterous? I don't think so.
Well, a closer translation would be "immoral relations", but doesn't carry the same kind of impact?
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:17   Link #406
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Looks like Episode 7 confirms beyond doubt (through the kakashi tunes) what was never clearly stated in the manga:
Kyouhei was the one controlling Kukuri in Episode 5 when the left hand opened and reflected Takemigazuchi's lightning attack.
I checked back that scene from ep 5 and you're right! Very nice.

I forgot to say, as broken as Aki was 4 years ago, he won the heart of two ladies. Kyouhei on the other hand... Well, it's his fault for being so uptight back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Well, we can tell that Aki had a rough childhood as an illegitimate child who was brought in to live in the Kuga household.
That makes him cousins with Kyouhei; probably their fathers are brothers.
Life would have been tough and discriminatory until Aki became a Seki which granted him respect in the village, hence his attachment to Kuramitsuha.
Spoiler for for Episode 1 opening flashback (manga spoilers):
Do you think the content of this spoiler will be shown in this anime at any time in the future? I want to see it but if it has any probability to be covered later on then I will restrict myself.

EDIT: Actually, zzhk, according to the forum rules, if your spoiler has any chance of being covered in future episodes it's not wanted. In that case I think you'd better remove it before someone complains about it. :P
Old 2011-08-16, 16:35   Link #407
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow... that was an amazing episode. Out of the two, I didn't expect Aki to be the one closest to sensei, and certainly not that close. That was surprising. I like that sensei turned out to be completely different from what I imagined, I thought she'd be your typical perfect teacher but she was actually a pretty flawed human being. Great stuff.

So, why isn't Aki the main character...? He's much more interesting than Kyouhei. He's the one who gets the ladies too. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hibino fell in love with him after hearing that story. That would be an awesome twist
Old 2011-08-16, 16:43   Link #408
Dop
Mmmm....

THAT was a bloody (no pun intended) fantastic episode!

All really good, interesting and horrific backstory and no 'silliness'. It was all just really well done, especially the climactic scene of the story which was done in a very stylish way, I thought.

Best episode of the series so far, and I can only hope it's setting the tone for the rest of the series.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:44   Link #409
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Hibino fell in love with him after hearing that story. That would be an awesome twist
I will not forgive you if it happens

Kyohei is a great main character and I really hope he will end with Hibino (And Hibino love him too).

Futhermore, Aki has already his poetntial girlfriend with one of the Kyohei's friend. That's enoulgh for him.

Other girls are for Kyohei !

Old 2011-08-16, 17:04   Link #410
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
I think the "adulterous relationship" accusation was referring to the fact that the man sensei had sex with was assumed to be married since he had a son in her class. I doubt the rumor writer knew that the father was no longer married. That sort of detail usually gets lost in the surrounding gossip.

The other translation "immoral relations" could simply refer to sex outside of wedlock.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:30   Link #411
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Kyohei is a great main character and I really hope he will end with Hibino (And Hibino love him too).
I dunno about that. There's still the mystery girl in the opening episode, who's too old to be Utao as she looked the same age as Aki/Kyou in that flashback.

All I can say... my osananajimi senses are tingling! Though still unclear who this girl is, as she doesn't quite look like Moyako (the girl who repairs Seki; the one who's hanging around with Kyouhei this episode). So yeah, I be waiting on the clear up before I start shipping Kyohei with anyone lols. XD

Quote:
Futhermore, Aki has already his poetntial girlfriend with one of the Kyohei's friend. That's enoulgh for him.
Well... said girl is on first name basis with Aki, which is a pretty big deal in Japan. I'd say she's Aki's friend too.

But yeah, at least I can agree with this. Now if only Aki can forget about Sensei...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:35   Link #412
Sol Falling

Wow. First episode of this series that seriously impressed me. Aki, and sensei, who come through as beautiful and human in their weaknesses. The rest of the cast almost comes off as stunted for their lack of emotional depth comparatively. And man, that was so ugly, what ultimately happened to the teacher. Really feeds you into the despair and hatred which Aki feels for the world/the village.

Beautiful things, are not pure. Pure things, you cannot protect.

For the first time, I'm now mildly emotionally invested in this series. It'd been almost generic fighting shounen up to this point. Good stuff. Now, if only they could bring all the other characters up to this level too.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:43   Link #413
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I will not forgive you if it happens

Other girls are for Kyohei !

I'm pretty sure Aki and the mad glasses-taser-pellet gun-gas explosion girl will have started sleeping together by the time the gang get back to the city. Those two complement each other nicely.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:46   Link #414
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

All I can say... my osananajimi senses are tingling! Though still unclear who this girl is, as she doesn't quite look like Moyako (the girl who repairs Seki; the one who's hanging around with Kyouhei this episode). So yeah, I be waiting on the clear up before I start shipping Kyohei with anyone lols. XD
Oh but I'm not against two girl for Kyouhei It's true we have not seen her yet. I thought we would have seen her in this episode but it was not the case in the end.

Quote:
Well... said girl is on first name basis with Aki, which is a pretty big deal in Japan. I'd say she's Aki's friend too.
Isn't just because Aki is a "no one want him in the village" that she calls him by his first name ? For me, it's clear that she loves him and that's why Hibino was so sad in the previous ep : she was able to feel how she feels about Aki.

Now other than that, I'm the only one who find weird that a little village like this can hide these gundam from the rest of the world ? Come on, we're in the 21century, we have internet and they can hide these thing ?! How can the Japanese gov not be aware of this ?

And don't tell there will be nothing about that after the 5th episode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly
I'm pretty sure Aki and the mad glasses-taser-pellet gun-gas explosion girl will have started sleeping together by the time the gang get back to the city. Those two complement each other nicely.
Ah ah I completly forgot her Damn, you're right Aki has now two potential girlfriend too
Old 2011-08-16, 18:00   Link #415
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I agree , this episode was very well done. Pretty sick & sad story.
The part with the teacher who wanted to get her "revenge" was wtf but this is human. She felt guilty.

I agree too that Aki stand more like the main character here , really & looks like he had the worst past.

Kyohei looks like a dumbass all the way with his crush for sensei.
Currently we don't know much about him , he's like a support character for me.

And the ending with the puppet was funny.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 18:07   Link #416
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Well... that was unexpected.

Crazy as this was, something that this episode struck me with is that we know very, very little of what Kyohei thought... and it was his own flashback! (Sorta.)

We get a lot more insight about how others feel about others, and even how others feel about Koyhei, than we get about how Kyohei feels about others. Past his obvious affection for Sensei, he's still a main character with a lot of suppressed feelings towards, well, everyone, even as his surface emotions seem obvious.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 18:13   Link #417
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I agree too that Aki stand more like the main character here , really & looks like he had the worst past.

Kyohei looks like a dumbass all the way with his crush for sensei.
Currently we don't know much about him , he's like a support character for me.
Lol please, just because of one flashback, Aki stand more as a main chara than Kyouhei lol. And he doesn't look like a dumbass at all. This flashback was not about Kyouhei, it was about his sensei. And the man who spent most of the time with her was Aki. That's all.

Now, please, tell me where was Aki during episode 5 and 6 ? Nowhere. Aki has not enough screentime to be considering as a main chara.

Right now, the two main chara are obviously Utao and Kyouhei.

Aki is an antagonist. And it's not because he has one flashback which is not about him but about sensei that he's a main chara.
Old 2011-08-16, 18:32   Link #418
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This episode is a good commentary on the weaknesses of strict caste systems, where people at the top are not held accountable for their actions, and are believed that they can do no wrong.

In any event, a superb episode, and in many ways, surprising. Similar to what Kanon said, I'm glad that the Sensei was shown to be a flawed character rather than the more commonplace idealized characterization we often see for characters of her type in anime.
Old 2011-08-16, 18:32   Link #419
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow... that was an amazing episode. Out of the two, I didn't expect Aki to be the one closest to sensei, and certainly not that close. That was surprising. I like that sensei turned out to be completely different from what I imagined, I thought she'd be your typical perfect teacher but she was actually a pretty flawed human being. Great stuff.

So, why isn't Aki the main character...? He's much more interesting than Kyouhei. He's the one who gets the ladies too. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hibino fell in love with him after hearing that story. That would be an awesome twist
I expected it. It came out exactly as I thought it would except for Sensei actually being flawed and the inclusion of that Atsuhi dude.

I love the small details such as the tunes changing based on the Seki. So Kyohei was the one who trashed Kirio's kakashi.

I wonder who sent (or even took) the pictures of Sensei with Aki. It really would be very complicated if Kyohei or Moyako was the culprit.

@Kusa-San: I don't think Aki is being portrayed as an antagonist at all. The show looks more or less an ensemble cast to me with the narration mostly done from the POV of Kyohei.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:24   Link #420
Kunagisa

I'm surprised the other manga readers didn't point this out but Kyouhei isn't as useless as he is in this episode. He actually confronted that bastard (who's name I didn't bother to remember), and that's when he found out that sensei and Aki were together; this is before he attempted to confess to the teacher and she told him to always be friends with Aki.

Kyouhei knew about them and didn't care, cause he really did like her, and he actually acted on it, so I felt that he should deserve some credit (and before you guys yell at me for spoilers, comparison of events that won't be covered by the anime is 100% ok). Also this should clear up any rumors about Kyouhei actually sending that picture.

To be honest, I bloody hate this flashback both in anime and manga. I was ok until the point where that shithole and his gang had his way with the teacher. I rather they beat the crap out of her or even physically decapitate her body parts or something. I dislike authors who want to instill realism and anguish in the plot through rape. Presentation and the plot are both great, but there are better ways to make a villain than just making him into a lustful dickface.

EDIT: Oh yeah, most important thing, Aki x Kyouhei = best end, you all know you want it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen