AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 14:25   Link #37581
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yup, Shidden Issen for example, doesn't produce the Belkan Triangle, Sturmwinde neither xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:29   Link #37582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sturmwinde?
Old 2013-02-24, 14:35   Link #37583
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's a minor attack Signum perform by accumulating flames on Laevatein and spreading those with a slash provoking a wave of flames... it was used during Ep 5 of A's to counter Fate's pursuing Plasma Lancers

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 14:38   Link #37584
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
More or less, but the majority of time they do ANY spell, it is a major spell, given how Belkan magic works.
The point wasn't that they could conceal themselves in a full-on battle, but against casual inspection.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:48   Link #37585
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
The point wasn't that they could conceal themselves in a full-on battle, but against casual inspection.
Yup, it will be a nice build up for a dramatic moment where they need to go all out in a fight against some sort of big threat but will need to make the desicion about using their big guns revealing their true nature in the process xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:09   Link #37586
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Also, another thing to consider is the magic the knights use. While comparisons can be drawn, it very clearly isn't "Brimir magic." Which means trouble with the more religiously fanatic might be around the corner.
Meh, that's nothing against that other can of worms: what if commoners (which by religion are magicless and inferior to nobles) have a linker core and thus able to use Belkan magic to a certain degree?
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:11   Link #37587
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
Meh, that's nothing against that other can of worms: what if commoners (which by religion are magicless and inferior to nobles) have a linker core and thus able to use Belkan magic to a certain degree?
Kirche would laugh, I think.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:05   Link #37588
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Those only appear for major spells, not for everything they do. Right?
Only cantrips avoid circles. Magic circles aren't just fancy doohikeys that look cool, they're an integral part of spellcasting.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:27   Link #37589
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Elemental MCA also seems to be able to avoid Magic Circles. Fate and Signum has been seen several times casting all sort of fire/lightning stuff without circles.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 18:22   Link #37590
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Depends on how Halkenganian elemental magic interacts with the Linker Core.

The Halk magic style draws much of its power from the planet, which is somehow dwindling. Children in Brimir's day were capable of feats that Karin the Heavy Wind is pressed to match.

The four-element system (which they developed even before Brimir's life) probably took advantage of the planet's bounty, and didn't utilize their Linker Cores so much. Why strain an organ you don't have to?

A system which draws directly on the Core itself, like Midchildan or Belkan, might get better results with some gifted commoners.

Indeed, actually having a strong core might well interfere with Halk's system in a way that cannot be controlled. Louise should be so good at the theoretical side of elemental magic that she wouldn't be making a mistake without realizing it -- like drawing from the wrong source.

Are we going for Siesta, Belkan Knight in training? Because she's descended from Japan, and Japan produces monsters like Nanoha and Hayate.
Old 2013-02-24, 19:31   Link #37591
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

I'm thinking for the political repercutions: claiming and proving everyone, no matter if noble or commoner, has the potential to use magic is downright heretical, no hows, buts or ifs.

For reference: in a quest I played once (sadly dead ), she BSoD'd enough to start laughing mad (give the girl a break, she was just told and proved everything she knew was wrong), then went moping into her room, got drunk and decided in that moment to teach the simplest manifestation of magic to the poor maid who brought the wine so she could get her (the maid) into her (Louise's) service as personal maid, mainly so she can brag to everyone she she a magic maid, which in and of itself is completely worth it, of course.

(Must I really mention she was two steps from being completely plastered by that time?)
Old 2013-02-24, 19:40   Link #37592
Sunder the Gold

It wouldn't be everyone. Not every commoner is going to have a linker core, and fewer would have strong ones.

Further, noble mages using the Halk system might still have an advantage from using the planet's energy, even if it's not as big an advantage as it used to be in their prehistory.

Of course, there are compressed mana cartridges... but Halk is a long way from producing Armed Devices.
Old 2013-02-25, 10:34   Link #37593
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... Now there's a thought of a bunch of Belkan church mages settling on Halk and starting to spread the faith of the Kaiser. They quickly integrate themselves in the Halk religious system and pick up and train followers with Linker Cores as "proof" that the Kaiser is real and is already making his chosen known.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 11:56   Link #37594
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Now there's a thought of a bunch of Belkan church mages settling on Halk and starting to spread the faith of the Kaiser. They quickly integrate themselves in the Halk religious system and pick up and train followers with Linker Cores as "proof" that the Kaiser is real and is already making his chosen known.
And unlike the mages = nobles system, Kaiser would be: mages = nobles = commoners = chosen ones, pissing off the elitist nobles
Old 2013-02-25, 18:30   Link #37595
Sunder the Gold

Imagine the research into new sources of power for spells.

Maybe Halkengania's planet isn't unique in that regard, and the TSAB can learn how to harness the power of their own planets.

In the course of this research, they might be able to solve this Windstone Crisis I hear people mention.
Old 2013-02-25, 21:40   Link #37596
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
It wouldn't be everyone. Not every commoner is going to have a linker core, and fewer would have strong ones.

Further, noble mages using the Halk system might still have an advantage from using the planet's energy, even if it's not as big an advantage as it used to be in their prehistory.

Of course, there are compressed mana cartridges... but Halk is a long way from producing Armed Devices.
In my headcanon everybody has a linker core, it's just not everybody has it "developed" (not sure on word) enough for using magic, and that's even not entering the realm of the freaks of nature like Nanoha.

Nanoha: Hey!
Me: If it makes you feel better, your one of my favorite freaks of nature.
Nanoha: Thanks- HEY!

Regardless... even if it isn't the 100%, the mere possibility of commoners learning magic is a big no-no by the church because it's against what they teach. While Louise's loyalty isn't with the church (directly) she won't go putting a free "Heretic, kill on sight" or siimilar announcement on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
And unlike the mages = nobles system, Kaiser would be: mages = nobles = commoners = chosen ones, pissing off the elitist nobles
"Pissing off"? Heh, this will be a Holy Crusade against thos who oppose the teachings of the Founder: Join us or be killed like the heretic you are.

Quote:
In the course of this research, they might be able to solve this Windstone Crisis I hear people mention.
Those windstones are too deep to dig for them, but nobody says they can't teleport to a closer starting point and then dig for them. Also, while unconventional to Vita, she could help a lot. As for extracting the stones themselves, it's either teleporting them or making a variaton to the Linker Core extracting spell to drain the Windstones (they are made of magic as far as I understand)
Old 2013-02-25, 22:04   Link #37597
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
"Pissing off"? Heh, this will be a Holy Crusade against thos who oppose the teachings of the Founder: Join us or be killed like the heretic you are.
The mages have gotten their status thru family connections and studying. For a commoner to achieve a good/better status is heretical already.
Old 2013-02-26, 22:15   Link #37598
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Hey, I still write, you know.

ViVid

Revolution 1-15

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Revolution 16:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 22:37   Link #37599
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hey, I still write, you know.

ViVid

Revolution 1-15

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Revolution 16:
Spoiler for MST3k Review:
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 01:56   Link #37600
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Said puppy has been given a suicide rush or a self-destruct mechanism when the spell placed inside him fails. XD

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha