AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-19, 13:39   Link #5241
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

It really makes no sense for human belief to have such power to transform CCC Caster, give birth to Medea, Herakles and Medusa and then have Arthuria materialize as a woman.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 14:12   Link #5242
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If said beliefs could fully shape a Heroic Spirit's appearance then more than likely Arturia as a proper Heroic Spirit (not a Counter Guardian) would've likely appeared as a man. Arturia appears like she does, however, because she is taken directly from her state just after the battle of Camlann, with only what she has on her, as part of her contract with Alaya.
Old 2015-07-19, 15:32   Link #5243
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Do human beliefs shape up what a Heroic Spirit looks like? And their abilities?

I was playing Fate/Extra CCC and Caster complained about a belief humanity made about him, which in return was applied to him and made him transform to fit that belief. Is this just a Fate/Extra thing or do FSN servants qualify as well?

I really dislike the fact that these servants might be fictional as opposed to people who really existed.
If he was transformed to fit that belief, why would he act like it's not really him?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 15:33   Link #5244
GDB

If that were the case, then Mordred would be male too. But he's not.

That said, which Caster are you talking about? Because if it's Nursery Rhyme, then it's rather obvious why said Servant's status would change.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 15:56   Link #5245
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
That said, which Caster are you talking about? Because if it's Nursery Rhyme, then it's rather obvious why said Servant's status would change.
No, I meant Anderson from CCC.

Quote:
If that were the case, then Mordred would be male too. But he's not.
This is a good point. Unlike Athuria, Mordred is a proper Heroic Spirit, right? Then, by all means, she should materialize as a male but no such thing is happening. Furthermore Rider from Fate/Extra is also a female when history and humanity know her as a male. The same exact deal with Saber, Nero, who we know as a male. Seems like there is no constancy here. I am a huge fan of Nasu's world and worldbuilding but I admit, this kind of bothers me.
Old 2015-07-19, 18:04   Link #5246
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's why I said, "If you buy into the canonicity." :k Like Gundam SEED, Type-Moon can be a bit of a mess with retcons and inconsistencies from the authors.
Old 2015-08-23, 20:27   Link #5247
mukade

So, after taking a look at Illya's page on the wiki, I noticed this:

Quote:
Illyasviel is a homunculus, an artificial human given life by applying sorcery to sperm cells, originally created and raised by the Einzbern family.[4] During the Heaven's Feel scenario, it is insinuated that the sperm used to create her was donated by Kiritsugu Emiya, a fact that is confirmed in Fate/hollow ataraxia and Fate/Zero.
That sounds a lot like her mother had artificial insemination lol
Does anyone know if it's stated anywhere that Kiritsugu DONATED his sperm to the Einzberns? lol
That doesn't make much sense after FZ... couldn't Kerry and Iri conceive her the normal way?
mukade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 06:40   Link #5248
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukade View Post
So, after taking a look at Illya's page on the wiki, I noticed this:

That sounds a lot like her mother had artificial insemination lol
Does anyone know if it's stated anywhere that Kiritsugu DONATED his sperm to the Einzberns? lol
That doesn't make much sense after FZ... couldn't Kerry and Iri conceive her the normal way?
I don't know, but Irisviel probably didn't have a womb. I would guess that Illiya was "planted" in her.
Illiya is from my understanding half human and half homunculus, meaning that she doesn't carry irisviel "genetics". Irisviel only bore her.

Last edited by Witch of Uncertainty; 2015-08-24 at 07:14.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 08:51   Link #5249
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Yeah, keep in mind Irisviel is no where near as close to a human being as she looks. I mean, she is like 9 years old in F/Z. While Illya is 8 years old in F/Z. There's no guarantee (and in fact I would speculate very little chance) that she would be capable of bearing children the...normal way, especially considering the Einzbern method of creating Homunculi.

She was almost definitely acting as a surrogate mother. While she and Kiritsugu may have been that intimate with each other, it's highly unlikely he got her pregnant directly.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 05:29   Link #5250
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

In the beginning of the story, who is that killed the family, with only leaving a young child alive?

Was it Lancer? For what purpose? Caster makes no sense because it doesn't look like her handiwork and she doesn't kill and Fake Assassin cannot possibly be in the city to commit murder either. There only one left is Lancer but I see no reason why he would do this or why would Kirei order him to do it.
Old 2015-08-26, 16:53   Link #5251
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Well, in HA its Avenger, but that probably doesn't hold in SN.

My impression was that it was Rider, since Shinji was obviously having Rider attack people to make herself stronger.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 01:16   Link #5252
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Oh, pff, right, why didn't I suspect Rider xDD
Old 2015-08-27, 08:03   Link #5253
mukade

@Witch of Uncertainty and TwilightsCall:
I see, but in one of Fate/Zero's drama CDs, Irisviel tells this to Kiritsugu:

Quote:
I'm a woman.
You're a man.
Together, we can create a new life.
As a complete homunculus, I have a womb that functions no differently from that of a normal person.
It should be entirely possible.
mukade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 16:50   Link #5254
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

From what I understand, the only reason Illya is a homunculus is because she was grown from one.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 03:49   Link #5255
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Gilgamesh did note in the UBW anime upon viewing Ilya that crossing a human and a homunculus created a peculiarity.
Old 2015-08-30, 22:50   Link #5256
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Was it ever stated, be it via Nasu interviews or game sources, the fate of the relationship between Rin and Shirou after the events of UBW?
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 23:23   Link #5257
Phantom

How did Shirou manage to kill Berserker with Nine Lives Blade Works in Heaven's Feel if Tracing downgrades the weapon traced by one rank and God Hand was still active, preventing anyone to kill him with the same attack?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 02:37   Link #5258
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Tracing seems to degrade the rank of the Noble Phantasm's special power, rather than the weapon itself. Also, Nine Lives Blade Works failed to kill Berserker Alter, so...
Old 2015-08-31, 02:58   Link #5259
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tracing seems to degrade the rank of the Noble Phantasm's special power, rather than the weapon itself. Also, Nine Lives Blade Works failed to kill Berserker Alter, so...
It actually did. With a little help from Illya at the end, Shirou managed to get rid of his 9 remaining lives. What I don't get is, one kill from the Nine Lives should have rendered Berserker immune to getting killed by it again. So...how?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 05:09   Link #5260
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I understood of it, the actual attack was eight strikes, and then Shirou followed up with a thrust to Berserker's heart, rather than it being nine strikes within one attack.

That said, certain powerful attacks can take more than one life at a time from Berserker. Case in point, Caliburn.