Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 21:20   Link #81
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Just because they "follow the same formula" in one aspect don't mean they follow it in another. Bleach isn't DBZ, nor is Naruto Bleach or DBZ. I don't understand how you'd see it as "logical" to assume fights are strictly powerlevel-based in Bleach when it clearly is not, just because a similar anime has fights that are.
Of course it's logical to see it as "power level" based. Ichigo is winning when he gets a certain powerup while beforehand he was getting the floor wiped by Ulq.

A good anime where the fights are skill based and power-ups aren't seen is Kenshin however Bleach is more power based than skill.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:46   Link #82
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
But this "power-up" has always been a reoccuring theme for Ichigo..Against Byakuya, Grimmjaw and now Uqui..I'm really not surprised but we don't know for sure if Ulqui is down for the ten count yet. Maybe we will find out more from the actual chapter.

What is funny actually, is that Ulq being this strong just raizes the Top3 to God Tier in power level.
SS is done for in Karakura, unless the Vizads arrive.
Old 2009-03-25, 21:56   Link #83
SeanQ

The thing is...lvl 1 Mask Ichigo can't do squat to an unsheathed Ulq, nor could it due anything to him released, and so lvl 2 is able to handle a lvl 2 Ulq...? If anything, it would make more sense if it could only handle a lvl 1 released Ulq...that's why this level up is so retarded. Not only that, but this Hollow Power Up is being powered by friendship...Evil and Good don't go together...
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:42.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:25   Link #84
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Of course it's logical to see it as "power level" based. Ichigo is winning when he gets a certain powerup while beforehand he was getting the floor wiped by Ulq.

A good anime where the fights are skill based and power-ups aren't seen is Kenshin however Bleach is more power based than skill.
Just because the Ulqui/Ichi thing happened like that don't make the show entirely powerlevel-based. Sure it's MOSTLY that(maybe 55-60%?), but powerlevels definitely aren't the only thing to consider in Bleach fights. After all, Aizen's powerlevel isn't all that makes him so frightening. It's also his hax Shikai, which has nothing to do with how strong anyone is, and his sheer intelligence.
Old 2009-03-25, 22:31   Link #85
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Just because the Ulqui/Ichi thing happened like that don't make the show entirely powerlevel-based. Sure it's MOSTLY that(maybe 55-60%?), but powerlevels definitely aren't the only thing to consider in Bleach fights. After all, Aizen's powerlevel isn't all that makes him so frightening. It's also his hax Shikai, which has nothing to do with how strong anyone is, and his sheer intelligence.
His h4x shikai and armageddon bankai. rofl.

yeah. for the most part the friendship powerup applies to Ichigo and friends.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:23   Link #86
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
But this "power-up" has always been a reoccuring theme for Ichigo..Against Byakuya, Grimmjaw and now Uqui..I'm really not surprised but we don't know for sure if Ulqui is down for the ten count yet. Maybe we will find out more from the actual chapter.

What is funny actually, is that Ulq being this strong just raizes the Top3 to God Tier in power level.
SS is done for in Karakura, unless the Vizads arrive.
Though Ichiho is very powerful, the power of the oldest captains has not been showen yet, they could be VL level themselves, which could be the reason why Aizen wanted VL's on his side in the first place. That is also if he knows the true extent of the oldest's power. So they may not be as screwed as you think. Also Uli's second transformation may put him on the top of the espada's food chain.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:34   Link #87
Cooler1339

Thats what you guys get. Shoulda known my man Ichigo would handle this like a champion. Why would he need to drag out this fight when hes about to arrive at the real battle scene?
Old 2009-03-25, 23:35   Link #88
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Though Ichiho is very powerful, the power of the oldest captains has not been showen yet, they could be VL level themselves, which could be the reason why Aizen wanted VL's on his side in the first place. That is also if he knows the true extent of the oldest's power. So they may not be as screwed as you think. Also Uli's second transformation may put him on the top of the espada's food chain.
Aizen still has a long way to go. Zero Squad=Squad of captains. And all pretty much around yama-ji's level.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:40   Link #89
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I really don't see why people are complaining about Ichigo's newest form. Him and Kenpachi are pretty much cut from the same cloth when it comes to combat so why the harsh criticism? I've been looking at Ichigo's performance for quite some time now and the only thing I find inadequate about him is his bankai. Its pretty much useless now, seeing as how about 75% of the enemies he faces are able to keep up with him without even releasing additional power and even survive his Getsuga Tensho. And seeing as how Ichigo hasn't learned any kido abilities, sheer power is pretty much his only option. As far as I am concerned, if this form turns out to be his "full potential", his "improved" bankai/Vizard state, or even a one-time-deal I will be satisfied. Dear Mr. Bat be damned and scewered by those horns.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2009-03-26 at 00:24.
Old 2009-03-25, 23:47   Link #90
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I mean why can't bleach just end like it is now .. SS loses to Aizen and he gets the Key.. that would be an epic ending ...
Old 2009-03-26, 00:02   Link #91
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I mean why can't bleach just end like it is now .. SS loses to Aizen and he gets the Key.. that would be an epic ending ...
roflmao. so un-shonen like. Good guys always win in the end.

Yeah. Ichigo's bankai is useless now. So much for "speed"
Old 2009-03-26, 00:22   Link #92
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Ah, yes understandable. Especially Yamammoto and Aizen powers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler1339
Thats what you guys get. Shoulda known my man Ichigo would handle this like a champion. Why would he need to drag out this fight when hes about to arrive at the real battle scene
Lol, I like this guy [or gal].
Old 2009-03-26, 01:27   Link #93
Calca
Expressionless

Ulquiorra is the only arrancar to regenerate at incredible speeds?

Nnotorria was pretty damn fast. Wonder why he would brag about that.
Old 2009-03-26, 04:42   Link #94
pedrobaka
Banned

this battle wont achieve epic proportions, it cant. kubo has made ulquiorra a character with an important role but its time to end it, no espada should live that longer and if you remember, grimmjow was overwhelmed by shinji, so ulquiorra even though he has some nasty abilities, must be overwhelmed by ichigo so i agree and thank kubo for this fast killing of ulquiorra.
this makes me think, how stron is aizen, and why, he was "a genious, the best on any tree of skills" or so it was said. Why, then, is he so powerful?
if ichigo wasnt abble to 1shot ulquiorra, how would it be even possible to beat aizen? how strong is a vasto lorde, if ichigo 1shots an espada in basically his stage right before achieving a vasto?
Old 2009-03-26, 04:48   Link #95
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobaka View Post
this battle wont achieve epic proportions, it cant. kubo has made ulquiorra a character with an important role but its time to end it, no espada should live that longer and if you remember, grimmjow was overwhelmed by shinji, so ulquiorra even though he has some nasty abilities, must be overwhelmed by ichigo so i agree and thank kubo for this fast killing of ulquiorra.
this makes me think, how stron is aizen, and why, he was "a genious, the best on any tree of skills" or so it was said. Why, then, is he so powerful?
if ichigo wasnt abble to 1shot ulquiorra, how would it be even possible to beat aizen? how strong is a vasto lorde, if ichigo 1shots an espada in basically his stage right before achieving a vasto?
Um, Aizen I don't really think Aizen is a genius. I don't even account the manga stating that, I remember it saying that Gin was the genius of Soul Society. I think that was an indirect assumption. Aizen is powerful because of his Zanpaktou ability, and not only that, he uses his observations not intellect, to gather data. Pretty much he uses others for his own advantage. Hence: The Espadas to get the Key. But other than that, Aizen is powerful himself - because of the plotting he did behind Shinji's back in Soul Society, he fooled everyone with his looks. Most of the captains feigned ignorance towards his true behavior, I mean he could even do a destruction spell +90 on a captain and easily immobilize him without the incantations. Aizen would probably have been dead earlier in the time, when Shinji was his captain. His Zanpaktou abilities were much weaker, and Shinji was able to tear right through his illusion, hence, his reiatsu was extremely lower than that of a captain. Btw, cover up the Ichigo part, just a little advice - I don't think people who haven't read the manga yet would like that .
Old 2009-03-26, 05:22   Link #96
Sythychan

This form of Ichigo = His Inner Hollows Resurrecion

Meaning all vizards have this second stage of release?
D:

Edit: Wouldn't it be hilarious if Aizen's bankai formulated Heuco Mundo, created the espada in some sort of illusion to draw out Soul Society to make it easier on him to forge the Key?

Last edited by Sythychan; 2009-03-26 at 05:33.
Old 2009-03-26, 05:35   Link #97
Ryuk

Kind of funny how Ulqy went "to kill me you have to destroy my internal organs or blow my head off". Then shirosaki(?) went straight to business. Awww Ulqy you talk to much..
Old 2009-03-26, 05:51   Link #98
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
This form of Ichigo = His Inner Hollows Resurrecion

Meaning all vizards have this second stage of release?
D:
Yes and no.

Kisuke created the Hōgyoku and then it was showed that he used in all the captains 100 years ago hoping to save them. Did it work? We don't know he said to Tessai "We failed" then he had another way to make it a hybrid creature. So it means we don't know if the Hogyoku helped them or not, one thing that could differ ichigo from the other Vizards is the fact that Hogyoku was never used in Ichigo whereas it was in all other Vizards. So this kind of transformation might be unique to Ichigo. We don't know almost anything that could make some sense know why? because the author wants to show how much nonsense he writes. I just hope he will disclose something in the next few years because if you are waiting 'soon' miracles don't happen often.
Old 2009-03-26, 06:47   Link #99
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
@KingOfWorlds
Kenpachi almost "died" and had to resort to kendo
Byakuya got himself ripped apart and had to rely on a new ability to win.
Soifon had to use her "best" ability against a Fracción.
Hitsugaya is using his Bankai but is going to get his ass handed to him anyways.

so whats the problem?

Kenpachi didn't almost die...
He said he take anymore damage he would be...
And instead of getting some ridiculous power-ups....
He simply increased his attack power by using two-hands...
Byakuya.. didnt use a new technique...
all he used was some trick he learned from Yoruichi..
and his bankai....
and he get ripped apart... he only cut HIMSELF on parts him that were being controlled...
Soifon I never thought of her to be that strong anyway....
Hitsugaya is NOT one of the strongest captains and he's fighting a number 3..

Its not that serious of a problem....
I'm just a lil annoyed when they give characters who SHOULD be getting their ass whipped these dumbass power-ups out of the blue...
How can Ichigo beat these captains....
Then these same captains turn around and beat Espada...
By simply using a bankai (except Kenpachi)...
But he has to use Bankai, Mask, and not some Vaste Lorde type-form shit.
Old 2009-03-26, 07:15   Link #100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfWorlds View Post
Kenpachi didn't almost die...
He said he take anymore damage he would be...
And instead of getting some ridiculous power-ups....
He simply increased his attack power by using two-hands...
Byakuya.. didnt use a new technique...
all he used was some trick he learned from Yoruichi..
and his bankai....
and he get ripped apart... he only cut HIMSELF on parts him that were being controlled...
Soifon I never thought of her to be that strong anyway....
Hitsugaya is NOT one of the strongest captains and he's fighting a number 3..

Its not that serious of a problem....
I'm just a lil annoyed when they give characters who SHOULD be getting their ass whipped these dumbass power-ups out of the blue...
How can Ichigo beat these captains....
Then these same captains turn around and beat Espada...
By simply using a bankai (except Kenpachi)...
But he has to use Bankai, Mask, and not some Vaste Lorde type-form shit.
he prob just got a resurrection thing that the espada have.

and atleast Hitsugya's VC got ripped to bits XD

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga