AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 08:19   Link #361
updatedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Lol, I'm actually quite obsessive compulsive myself. I thought I'm the only weird guy around here.

Anyway, I d/led episode 5 and nothing came out except for audio. hrmph, this happens to me a lot when I use unfamiliar video files like .mkv and .ogm. Anyone know how to fix this?
Yeah, ep4 worked fine once I got the Defiler pack, but only got Audio for ep5. Good thing I also got Zoomplayer, so, seems to work now.
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 09:54   Link #362
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

That's strange, because I encoded 4 and 5 exactly the same way, down to the FourCC even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
EDIT: I've been wondering: where do all these buckets come from? You know, the ones that appear out of nowhere to bop the characters on the head.
Hammerspace, I would think.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:17   Link #363
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
Spoiler:
Ama is from french "amant" iirc. (translated as lover in the original sense of the word, adultery way in the modern sense)
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:44   Link #364
Kensuke

Just watched episode 5, and I officially put this series on top of my best anime of the season list, this was absolutely hilarious, I don't remember the last time when I laughed this hard.
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 20:02   Link #365
Shii
*Fansubber

Oh my.

http://astrange.ithinksw.net/sa/shii/kimoimode.html
Old 2004-11-05, 23:56   Link #366
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Spoiler for episode 5 screenies:

As for the episode 5 playback problems, the Fansub.TV suggested fix is to use VideoLAN Client to play this episode.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 02:36   Link #367
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I have been traumatized for life.

*downloads*

EDIT: I haven't been using VideoLan after the episode 2 fiasco, so I have to ask: have the oddly-wrapping subtitles been fixed yet?
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 02:56   Link #368
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
lol my favorite scene got to be that parody of the black butterfly in Armored Alchemist
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 03:36   Link #369
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Finished episode 3.

I'm just glad that the writers did not went overboard with the comicity, as also avoid relying to resort in the bizarre and absurd for the comedy instances.

Hope that they'll keep just like this for the following episodes.

Something odd that I could felt about the ending, however, is that the artist sung the song this time in Japanese. Whereas in the first two episodes, she performed it in the French language, at first.

I felt more enamored with the French version of "Kanashii Yokan" for Tsukuyomi and hopes that the CD single will also include the French version as well as the original Japanese.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 05:21   Link #370
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I felt more enamored with the French version of "Kanashii Yokan" for Tsukuyomi and hopes that the CD single will also include the French version as well as the original Japanese.
Say. How do you know that the Japanese version is the original and not the French?
And the single only have one version on it. The preview clip that is available is for the Japanese version.
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 08:05   Link #371
firstian

Quote:
I have been traumatized for life.

*downloads*

EDIT: I haven't been using VideoLan after the episode 2 fiasco, so I have to ask: have the oddly-wrapping subtitles been fixed yet?
The new version 0.8 fixes the problem.
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 11:12   Link #372
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
EDIT: I've been wondering: where do all these buckets come from? You know, the ones that appear out of nowhere to bop the characters on the head.
it's obvious! Kouhei and his grampa live in a ninja mansion!
whenever anyone does anything stupid, traps are set up to drop washpans on people's heads!

actually the washpan falling on the head is an old japanese slapstick comedy tool, much like the anvil from american cartoons (except you could theoretically survive a giant washpan falling on your head, but an anvil would definately kill you)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 11:18   Link #373
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I think those things come from the same pocket dimension where anime girls pull out their 100t hammers and frying pans and paper fans and whatever else to beat people around
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 22:20   Link #374
Breogan
Umeboshi

Spoiler for Ama Lamia from the manga:
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 22:49   Link #375
Miyuri

umm there are no subs for Moon Phase by studio ADTRW ....???? is there???
Miyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 23:24   Link #376
SeedBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
umm there are no subs for Moon Phase by studio ADTRW ....???? is there???
There are, you just gotta download the defiler Pak from their website in order to decode their subtitles.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 23:32   Link #377
Miyuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedBoy
There are, you just gotta download the defiler Pak from their website in order to decode their subtitles.

oh really!!! arrigatto....u can find it on their site rite??
Miyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 00:45   Link #378
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
oh really!!! arrigatto....u can find it on their site rite??
yes, and if you can't find it there here is your link: http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/
Old 2004-11-07, 01:27   Link #379
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
actually the washpan falling on the head is an old japanese slapstick comedy tool, much like the anvil from american cartoons (except you could theoretically survive a giant washpan falling on your head, but an anvil would definately kill you)
To help out on more info,

The washpan and kettle gag has been around for since god knows how long. The comedy that I personally come up immediately in my head is the show done by "The Drifters."

"The Drifters" were a very popular group of comedians in the 1970s. The group members consisted of:

The leader: Ikariya Chousuke (passed away this year)
The fatso: Takagi Boo
The nerd: Nakamoto Kouji
The talented: Katou Cha
The "young-one": Shimura Ken
The forgotten: Arai Chuu (passed away several years ago)

Originally, "The Drifters" consisted of Ikariya, Takagi, Nakamoto, Katou and Arai. Arai went on in his separate ways and in came Shimura Ken to replace him.

Since then, "The Drifters" were a major hit comedy group which focused on everyday life, satircal joke of society etc....most likely similar to "Saturday Night Live" in the US and somewhat like "The Monty Python Group" of the UK.

One of their running gags that I remembered was this cut-away house (like the one you see in "Tsukuyomi") where "The Drifters" group portrayed themselves as members of the house, and each time someone does/says something stupid, a washpan would fall on top of his head.

By the late 1980s, each of the members went their separate ways to become the top comedians in Japan in each of their respective ways. However, that didn't stop them from doing get-together reunions each year for a "The Drifters Special."

Unfortunately, the leader Mr. Ikariya Chousuke (real name: Ikariya Chouichi) passed away this March at the ripe old age of 72. Many of us miss him very very much.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 04:37   Link #380
LK_LoA

Just saw Tsukuyomi 5
Tenteki ~ neko to nezumi! XD
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen