AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-06, 21:14   Link #1
Miyuri

a bit dark and love?

i enjoy funny animes with actually a dark story underneath it, plus a bit of love. Kare Kano, hunter x hunter and fruit basket for example

() ()
(^^)
Old 2004-11-06, 22:18   Link #2
Anime-FAN

saikano

most of the romance type are in manga you cant find a decent type you are looking for in anime ... well yea maybe there is alot but its kiddy type romance. ( wind/final approach and alot more)
Old 2004-11-06, 23:07   Link #3
fuz_mind

hmm have u seen Da Capo and Kanon? there are funny moments and involves some underlying romance plot.

my only complain abt both of them is a lack of consistency, esp. towards the back of the anime.

not my favs but I suppose they are still worth trying....

there are other romance anime, but they r kinda more sad rather than funny....
Old 2004-11-06, 23:21   Link #4
Miyuri

how is Da Capo?......i like funny and romantic but not kiddish or ones where there is one guy and bunch of girls with big chest all over him, and etc.....i dunt find such jokes amusing....lol....i find serious momments attractive as well (fruit basket)
Old 2004-11-07, 01:07   Link #5
Nubixkube

Full Metal Panic is an excellent series and you should watch it, quite simply put if I must say so myself :P

To elaborate a little further, here is a review I stole from animenfo.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNfo.com
Sosuke Sagara is an elite soldier who belongs to an independent special force named "Mithril". Mithril is a self appointed military force that fights terrorism across the globe. With technology that is far superior to that of normal nations, Mithril intercedes on behalf of justice. Sagara, a Second Lieutenant under Mithril's command, is assigned to the duty of protecting a girl named Kaname Chidori, who attends high school in Japan. To accomplish this task, he pretends to be a transfer student attending at Kaname's school. As Sagara settles into his new role as classmate, a massive plot unfolds beginning with the kidnapping of Chidori. What is Chidori's role in the conspiracy? Why does she seem to be born with knowledge of technology that has only been recently invented?
I wouldn't really recommend Saikano, because all though it is a dark romance, there is no real comedy in it! Which comedy is something you said you'd like to see in the series.

Last edited by Nubixkube; 2004-11-07 at 01:18.
Old 2004-11-07, 19:46   Link #6
fuz_mind

Da Capo does involve 1 guy and a whole bunch of gals, which is nothing surprisingly really . it's not quite the big chest type of comedy u see in Love Hina but at points do border along the kiddish types of humour.

HYD is excellent if u haven't seen that. licensed so u have to get it somewhere else.

if u extent the defn. of love.... the following are worth considering

Maria-sama S1 n 2 -- pri. friendship

Aishiteruze Baby -- kinship

Tenshi na Konamaiki -- a bit of a role reversal here with 1 gal and many guys.
Old 2004-11-08, 15:19   Link #7
Arwyn

Da Capo would be a good choice.

The first half of the serie starts off like a typical harem anime, but it isnt quite as blatant as most, and very little in the way of fanservice. Lot of funny bits in it, some of them are quite good.

The second half of the series takes a much darker and more serious turn, and has some very touching moments in it as well as they wrap up the storylines for several of the girls.

The big difference is that the male lead isnt and idiot, and makes his decision on who to be with early on in the series, then has to live with his choice. Its a very good series, and not what you would expect.

One word of warning though; there are some short viginettes with a cat headed guy in the series, and they are a little surreal. They do help explain a little of the back story to the series, but are kind of wierd. People either really like them, or absolutely hate them. They do stop halfway through the second half of the series though, so it isnt something that runs through the whole series.
Old 2004-11-09, 20:44   Link #8
Miyuri

thanks for the advice!!!!! everyone
Old 2004-11-10, 23:56   Link #9
Aquillion

I strongly recommend BECK. I believe you'd like it based on the shows you like and what you've said you wanted, even though it isn't specifically a 'romance' anime.
Closed Thread