AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 19:53   Link #1561
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Likeable characters who die too quickly usually mean one thing to me: There's a puppeteer behind the scenes. It tunes me to being interested ONLY in finding out who the puppeteer is.

Also, the Org gives me the impression of the Earl and Noah in DGM, except that they are alot less cute. The "Evil is cool" theme is a little sick at times (especially in Claymore), but yeah, it's screaming that in my face as of now.
Old 2008-06-27, 21:57   Link #1562
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I think Teresa knew all sorts of crazy stuff about the organization. As part of my own theory I think that her info-seeking is actually what got the massive retaliation from the org, not so much that she killed a bunch of bandits. I imagine that Miria's informant has been around long enough to find out all this information which means that them telling Teresa information as well is definitely in the realm of possibility.
yep. could be that Teresa had the same informent... which leads me to believe maybe it is Rafaela. she was around when Teresa was and longer, therefore had plenty of time to get info. she was way up in the ranks, could have easily heard things. and she could possibly hold a grudge against the org due to being kicked out- motive.

just a thought.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:10   Link #1563
rukori
Bloody legend

I stick to Rubel. It's not a very original option and Yagi knows it's predictable, but all his action shows that he is very intelligent and not always in the same mind as the other MiB..
Old 2008-06-27, 22:12   Link #1564
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukori View Post
I stick to Rubel. It's not a very original option and Yagi knows it's predictable, but all his action shows that he is very intelligent and not always in the same mind as the other MiB..
but still what would be his motive? he may not be of the same mind but he does not have an apparent reason to go against his own org.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:13   Link #1565
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamaugustus View Post
but still what would be his motive? he may not be of the same mind but he does not have an apparent reason to go against his own org.
could be anything, he could be a spy from the DoD's (Considering his immortal from what we seen and doesn't age his not human by any standards)
Old 2008-06-27, 22:15   Link #1566
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
could be anything, he could be a spy from the DoD's (Considering his immortal from what we seen and doesn't age his not human by any standards)
again true. but Yagi still has not done anything to point to him being against the org or with anyone else.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:19   Link #1567
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think Rubel is not against the org, nor is he exclusively with them. He reminds me too much of Akabane from Getbackers, the one who does things for the "enjoyment" of the process.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:29   Link #1568
rukori
Bloody legend

For now it's just a feeling, but except Raphaela there are no candidates for the informant's post, so the only other option is a new character but I don't see it happen(feeling again)...
Old 2008-06-27, 22:30   Link #1569
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think Rubel is not against the org, nor is he exclusively with them. He reminds me too much of Akabane from Getbackers, the one who does things for the "enjoyment" of the process.
i agree. he does not seem to be overly against anything the org is doing. he does not even seem to care about what is going on, neither against nor with.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:33   Link #1570
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
It's possible that Rubel could just be a spectator who won't do much to help any side win. Or perhaps he's just the kind of person who likes to set things in motion and just sits back to watch the following chaos unfold.

Personally, I'm fond of the idea of him being Miria's informant, but he seems to be the obvious choice and Yagi is the kind of guy who likes to throw curveballs when it comes to plot.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-27, 22:34   Link #1571
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not just curveballs. He kills off characters that we barely know (Flora, for one).
Old 2008-06-27, 22:36   Link #1572
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
It's possible that Rubel could just be a spectator who won't do much to help any side win. Or perhaps he's just the kind of person who likes to set things in motion and just sits back to watch the following chaos unfold.

Personally, I'm fond of the idea of him being Miria's informant, but he seems to be the obvious choice and Yagi is the kind of guy who likes to throw curveballs when it comes to plot.
yeah. i guess i agree with the possibility of him helping bth sides for the fun of it. but in my opinion that is the only way he could be the informant.
Old 2008-06-27, 22:40   Link #1573
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Not just curveballs. He kills off characters that we barely know (Flora, for one).
Heh, too true.

You know what I think? I think that rubel is the G-man in disguise and right in the middle of a large battle, he's gonna stop time and fling Clare (and maybe Raki) into another dimension to fight off the Combine.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-27, 23:07   Link #1574
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

If the informant was Raphaela then Rubel appearing to her and telling her that Teresa was dead would have a whole new meaning to their little conspiracy. I think Rubel makes the most sense for the time being. A lot of things he did really seem to be pushing his own work despite what the org is doing; Re-recruiting Raphaela and running her, helping Clare become a claymore with Teresa's flesh, sending Clare to the Slasher's arc to test her strength when she is really the only reason that the fab 4 survived, sending her to Ophelia which caused her to meet Irene, or even redrafting Clare and sending her to Pieta where she saved Miria and got many more out alive.

I think Rubel may have understood Clare's real power and wanted her to gain access to it. Is it possible that he wanted her to meet Irene? Or possible that he believed Clare could turn the tides in both the slasher's arc and in Pieta? There are a lot of things he could have masterminded if he wanted to. He even kept tabs on Raki to use as a bargaining chip against Clare. If he were an informant then I see a higher chance for Irene to be alive as he ran Clare and Raphaela.

If the informant is a new character I will be a little sad as there are so many other characters to be twisted around more and more. Yagi has done a great job in taking characters and having them do unexpected things or develop in unexpected ways. Very few of the characters develop and remain static. Teresa changed, Irene changed, Priscilla changed, Miria used to be very naive and optimistic, etc. I think both Rubel and Raphaela will have a very significant role on the story in the future so I think they both could be possibilities. And I do not like most of the other MiB's. It could be another one of them I guess.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:10   Link #1575
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The puppet master still needs to be unmasked, and no, it's not the Org.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:22   Link #1576
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

But it is hard to speculate about a group that does not exist yet in the story! That would be like figuring out the anti-spirals before you met them in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Sure they could be associated with the DoD's, and the larger home office of the organization, but we just do not know anything about them yet.

I also think there can be manipulators on many levels as we ascend the ladder of plot and reasoning behind the AB Island Lab. So while Rubel may not be the final man behind the curtains I certainly think that he has been doing some things on his own already with initiative that has not been shown by other MiB's. I am convinced though that the MiB's are not the final level of conspiracy. They have a reason for doing what they are doing. Defeating the DoD's is one thing, but I think it goes deeper than that. Spending a century developing a perfect weapon without a target to use it on is quite a lame story point in my opinion .
Old 2008-06-27, 23:24   Link #1577
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Which is why I fear Claymore may not end while I'm still in my 20s.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:56   Link #1578
williamaugustus
*Author

Quote:
that would be a good thing if Yagi can keep it going good.
Old 2008-06-28, 00:07   Link #1579
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll hit the 30s before that happens, but thats good, I think Claymore deserves a huge story as long as it is as awesome as it has been util now.

the only problem is that our chances of dying before reaching the end increases with the years xD
Old 2008-06-28, 00:14   Link #1580
TalesNut

There's really no prof of this, but I get the feeling that if rubel is the informant, miria and the g7 are being manipulated by him in some fashion.

Kinda like in every RPG I can think of off the top of my head where the main bad guy uses the main character to get something accomplished.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga