AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-11-06, 20:09   Link #501
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Well for now all and about ever theory could be disproven if somehow the Surprise brings in a whole bunch of new aspects (Though I doubt that). And all the theories about what the "surprise" would be hmmm. I have my own thoughts on that too. It may or may not lead to the end of the series. However I sincerely doubt that Haruhi would ever proclaim her love for Kyon, it doesn't seem like her at all. It may turn out that she wouldn't be ready for it at all and if Kyon does go on with a generic confession Haruhi might just be speechless! Fingers crossed, I hope the series doesn't end!
I believe so true, it unlikely that "surprise" is the end, we all are wondering what exactly the "surprise" is. I agree at a point if Kyon and Huruhi does get romantically envolved, it the end. There is no need for the Organization, Aliens and Time-travelers. In a sense, Kyon will keep Haruhi balanced.

To tell you the truth, I just hope vol10 is not the "couple" thing with them.

But, what I like about vol10, it that it keeps on guessing what is going to be. As we all know there are so many questions that is behind everything that is going on in Vol9. It also point out to many connections in previous volumes aswell.

So many theories, may or may not points to what is actually going on. It also could be that its all Kyon doings (for all you Kyonist out there ). Or its actually Haruhi given Kyon a lesson on his choice to be with the ALPHA timeline (Sasaki's crew) or the BETA timeline (Haruhi and the SOS Brigade). So many questions, many guess-works, and many plots.

It all goes to what is actually involved, and what will occurred. This is the first time, a light novel has so much expectations for the world most famous and lovable character(s). So in sense, we all have our own conclusion, the what does it actually involve with.

thank you
domo arigato
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 22:28   Link #502
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

did anyone got vol4 DVD and compare it with the novel?

thank you
domo arigato
Old 2007-11-10, 07:20   Link #503
typhonsentra

The biggest difference between the anime and the books for these 3 episodes is with the concert scene. In the books she sings many more than 2 songs, but we don't know what they are. Just a general description of the genre.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 00:15   Link #504
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Okay I am a bit confused. I just started Novel 9 and the A-B thing is confusing. I want the official one, the canon one. Which is the official one A or B line?
Old 2007-11-13, 00:18   Link #505
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Both are. It's meant to boggle your mind.

Timeplane destruction device, making a decision that can be troublesome for our future...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 00:19   Link #506
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

So just read them both? Will the rest of the novels be like this or will this come together at the end of 9?
Old 2007-11-13, 16:32   Link #507
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Read them seperately! Read A(lpha) a few times then B(eta). Notice their differences and you'll understand the chapters more like that.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 16:51   Link #508
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

So don't read A, B in chronological? Read AA, Then BB?

But definantly read both? I was about to just pick one and read and ignore other.
Old 2007-11-13, 17:28   Link #509
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

They're not in chronological. A is one side while B is another. You should read both of them or else you might get lost in the Surprise if it continues with A and B. Reading both is also good if you're planning to discuss the novel too. Reading them both is better than just one and another! Besides its fun!

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2007-11-14, 01:13   Link #510
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
They're not in chronological. A is one side while B is another. You should read both of them or else you might get lost in the Surprise if it continues with A and B. Reading both is also good if you're planning to discuss the novel too. Reading them both is better than just one and another! Besides its fun!
Most of the summary of timeline ALPHA and BETA are here in this forum.

There are so many conclusions and theories where vol10 will take place after vol9.
It's the best volume of the series so far I personally think.

Just finished reading the whole series again, beacuse I was comparing it to the 4 DVD Vol collections. there are differences in between them, but the novels are truly the best.

thank you
domo arigato
Old 2007-11-14, 01:49   Link #511
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

So the A, B thing will be in 10 as well? Why was this done? So when it ends there will be two so many people are happy and we just choose which one we want?
Old 2007-11-14, 09:30   Link #512
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
So the A, B thing will be in 10 as well? Why was this done? So when it ends there will be two so many people are happy and we just choose which one we want?
If you think about it, the "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" could have been done in the same format as volume 9. Volume 9 has the timelines split. Volume 10 will probably bring them together again. Especially if, as many suspect, we have now seen the slider.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 03:09   Link #513
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
What the show is actually about, though, is learning to find the real world interesting, not being obsessed with fiction. It's about seeing what's in front of you. It's not about being angry or bitter at the world for being boring and acting like it owes you something.

Coming out of the beta timeline, I am beginning to wonder about something.

The populace have forfeited the 'obligation for human individual to actively act for happiness and the future' and leave it to 'someone else' to decide. As such, if an individual collected all of that 'mandate' upon herself, the subsequent consequences from how she might act should really lie in the populace, for pushing their onus of responsibility onto this one individual.

I find this could be extended to the later volumes, where the argument becomes, at least in my mind, the balancing act between change-dynamics and constant-stagnation and who's to be held responsible to steer the course? An unwilling individual that believes fundamentally in a status-quo of rationale or to some, a willing, yet volatile change agent? Either that, or should it be progressive instead?

Let us not forget that do the populace even have such a right as to name who's steer that course if they've willingly give the 'mandate' up in the first place? Taking Fujiwara's pragmatic words, would it really matter from that point as to who gets the 'mandate'?

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-11-16, 01:03   Link #514
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile Kyon's is responsable

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Coming out of the beta timeline, I am beginning to wonder about something.

The populace have forfeited the 'obligation for human individual to actively act for happiness and the future' and leave it to 'someone else' to decide. As such, if an individual collected all of that 'mandate' upon herself, the subsequent consequences from how she might act should really lie in the populace, for pushing their onus of responsibility onto this one individual.

I find this could be extended to the later volumes, where the argument becomes, at least in my mind, the balancing act between change-dynamics and constant-stagnation and who's to be held responsible to steer the course? An unwilling individual that believes fundamentally in a status-quo of rationale or to some, a willing, yet volatile change agent? Either that, or should it be progressive instead?

Let us not forget that do the populace even have such a right as to name who's steer that course if they've willingly give the 'mandate' up in the first place? Taking Fujiwara's pragmatic words, would it really matter from that point as to who gets the 'mandate'?
If you actually thinking about it, is it the course of Haruhi to except her own doings, or if Kyon manifesting her actions in some way...?

Some one has pointed to me, that all timelines are actually Kyon's influence of Haruhi emotional imbalanced state.

She points out 2 factors:
1. The meetings of Sasaki, "TWICE"
2. The influence of Sasaki towards Kyon.

Normally I'm not a Kyonist, but she does have a point there.

.....mmmmmm.......?

Thank you
Domo arigato
Old 2007-11-16, 01:34   Link #515
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I am not really a orthodox Kyonist. I think that Kyon's power is having been informed and having the greatest overview of this entire situation, and as such, packs that power of influence. He possesses the power of interpretation,to advise, and to be informed.

Old 2007-11-16, 02:41   Link #516
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Well I finished 9...ugg A-B thing sucks. Not sure how they are going to intertwine them. Seriously, you can combine two dimensions so eventually one will either end or the story will just let it go and do its own thing. I am still wondering how this series is going to end. What grand thing could they end it with? Haruhi knowing what she has? I do hope they show what happens after highschool and they go their seperate ways(Well..Kyon anyways, the others would still probably watch her.)
Old 2007-11-16, 09:57   Link #517
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
I think the series will end with her hooking up with Kyon.

Once their a "couple" her powers will probably just dwindle away, just a guess.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 11:01   Link #518
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Eh....that would be kind of a lame ending. At least make something big happen.
Old 2007-11-16, 12:03   Link #519
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Though there's alot of expectations in that area of the story. I myself hope that they don't end up together in the current period of time (M\High School) maybe later, it has to be more gradual than that or else it seems too forced upon and dare I say it; fake. Something big may or may not happen, but for now all we can do is wait for volume 10 to come out and for the kind folks in baka-tsuki to translate it for us non-japanese readers.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2007-11-16, 14:09   Link #520
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
I think the series will end with her hooking up with Kyon.

Once their a "couple" her powers will probably just dwindle away, just a guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Eh....that would be kind of a lame ending. At least make something big happen.
I know they get together and her power's are passed on to their child

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga