Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-22, 06:13   Link #241
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
A lot is made about the anime when I thought they did a pretty decent job... Though, they probably should have mostly stuck to the Fate route instead of trying to put in elements of HF and UBW.

Anyhow... 90 minutes is way too freaking short. That pretty much scraps the story.
Maybe it's a multi-part movie..

Or starts already halfway into the story, to speed things up.

Eitherway, I can't wait for this movie.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 09:38   Link #242
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Remember, no movies of shows are not made for fans. They'll have to explain most of the basic things again, meaning we get to hear Kotomine ramble again. The scene of Gilgamesh with Ilya in the trailer implies that it will at least get to that point in the movie, meaning it will be rushed. Also, I agree that it'll mainly focus around the battles and much less about the dialogue anc character relationships.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:00   Link #243
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Remember, no movies of shows are not made for fans. They'll have to explain most of the basic things again, meaning we get to hear Kotomine ramble again. The scene of Gilgamesh with Ilya in the trailer implies that it will at least get to that point in the movie, meaning it will be rushed. Also, I agree that it'll mainly focus around the battles and much less about the dialogue anc character relationships.
Yeah that scene is very late in UBW... There wouldn't be much to animate after that.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 13:10   Link #244
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Wrong.
Spoiler for UBW:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 14:45   Link #245
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Wrong.
Spoiler for UBW:
They can't make another whole movie out of that really... The pacing wouldn't make sense if they compared it to the first one.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 14:45   Link #246
Flinch
Onii-chan~

So, in a nutshell, we can say goodbye to most of the plot and the drama as we immerse ourselves into the eye candy of battles. Kinda sounds like modern video games...
Old 2009-08-22, 14:50   Link #247
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, I kinda expected the movie that way when I heard about UBW's confirmation. I keep up my hopes to see a more powerfull-loking Gate of Babylon.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:34   Link #248
MonkeyDude

I'd rather be in the edge of my seat watching the story unfold in a fast pace rather than have the same tale regurgitated ever so slowly. It's not like those who are following this thread hasn't read the visual novel or at least watched the anime. The groundwork has been laid out and I'd rather have them skip stuff (or at least speed through it) that's been done before than waste time explaining everything all over again. Though I do agree that 90 minutes may be cutting it, should at least be 120.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 19:23   Link #249
Flinch
Onii-chan~

But the can't market a movie like that, that's the problem.
Old 2009-08-22, 19:28   Link #250
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Plot? Who needs plot? Let's just give them flashy fights! Everyone loves flashy fights!
Old 2009-08-22, 19:44   Link #251
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Exactly; let's take a novel with a great plot and great story and throw it away for the flashy fights: instant money maker!
Old 2009-08-22, 19:46   Link #252
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

It's a fool-proof plan! We'll make millions!
Old 2009-08-22, 19:54   Link #253
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Brilliant!
Old 2009-08-22, 20:12   Link #254
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

The fans will love us for it!
Old 2009-08-22, 21:16   Link #255
TJR

Quote:
It depends if they're trying to attract new viewers or if they're merely aiming for fan service. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was a successful example of the latter -> story was an afterthought since the main purpose was to present flashy battles featuring everyone's favorite characters.

Since Geneon recalled the team in charge of the TV anime, I think they're targeting people who already watched and liked the series. If so, they might skip many of the plot details on the assumption that the viewer already knows those things (and for hardcore fans of the visual novel, it might serve as pretty fan service).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:10   Link #256
orangejuicetang

Well, let's take a look at some of the key scenes in ubw that I still remember.
Spoiler for scenes in no particular order:

Of those, they can shorten some of the caster and assassin, as they've kinda showed that in the anime already. Also, they can cut out some of the rider scene since Rider doesn't do much in this arc. Same goes for Sakura. They'll probably skip the h-scene entirely. They can remove alot of the cooking/light hearted sections. It's still probably going to be rushed though. Honestly, it might be better if they split it into several movies, but with ubw, i can't really think of a suitable point to break off.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:20   Link #257
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Yeah and it just so happens that a part of the story the movie is adapting just so happened to be a part of one of the most successful and most popular visual novels ever released to date. The visual novel then in turn spawned an anime adaptation, a light novel prequel, an alternate universe fan disc, and a fighting game. Let's not forget that anything Type-Moon is bound to generate a lot of discussion amongst its various communities. Yeah I'm sure they won't be able to market a UBW movie that any FSN fan would watch

They can basically make this a 10 minute thing just showing off the Archer/Shirou and Shirou/Gil fight and the fans would absolutely LOVE it. This movie is purely fanservice and what better way to please the fans than to give them what they want?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 00:48   Link #258
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Umm... how about a decent movie? That's one thing that I would want. And to be honest, Fate/Zero would make for a much better movie than any scenario in F/SN. Then again, you couldn't put it into 90 minutes, either. Well, you probably could in a bit over 2 hours.
Old 2009-08-23, 13:34   Link #259
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I'm going to agree with Flinch on this one; I think Fate/Zero would have made a much better movie than any of the routes, though it wouldn't fit into 90 minutes. Heck, you can't really fit any of the routes into 90 minutes; too much of the story gets cut out.
Old 2009-08-23, 15:12   Link #260
Flinch
Onii-chan~

One of the main reasons why I found F/Z better than F/SN is because in F/SN everyone knew each other and you can't fight a war effectively if you're friends/associated with your enemies. In Fate/Zero, all the people who knew each other hated each other enough to kill them (save Tokiomi and Kirie). Not to mention, watching Beserker take control of an F-15 and use it against Gilgamesh would be freaking awesome.

Odd thought: If Kotomine Kirie was such a huge threat to Hisauru Maiya, who was without a doubt much more skilled in combat than Shiro, how in the world could Shiro have beaten Kotomine with such ease in the Fate path? Secondly, why did Kotomine only use his Black Keys in HF? Third, Kotomine can break trees with his bare hands- he could've killed any master with such ease: why didn't he do it?