AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 27 51.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-25, 15:00   Link #21
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
A short glimpse of Mare...they should extend more longer about the relationship between her and Sabrac.
Hope there's more in next episode.
I hope so beacuse I don't remember her

Carmel and rebecca both have stigma now... and they can't separate sabrac and his true body .. that's a problem.

I think we are in vol 19 now
Old 2011-12-25, 15:02   Link #22
Marik

Great Episode. Now it's time to take a break lol Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 2011-12-25, 15:27   Link #23
Chris38

I finally watched the latest episode, which has been quite good in my opinion.

Shana finally confessed her feelings toward Yuji, which certainly affected him, but hasn't been enough to shake his resolve...

Can't wait to see how the next episode is going to look like, although judging from the preview of the next episode, it looks like Shana won't be able to prevent the Snake of the Festival from returning to Earth, which would be a real problem for the Flame Haze army, who are already in a pretty tough situation, which would be even worse after Yuji (who's powers have definitely grown after reawakening the true body of the SnH) and the Trinity return to Earth...

For know, it looks like everything is going according to Yuji's plans, which hopefully are going to be revealed in the next few episodes...
Old 2011-12-25, 16:20   Link #24
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I hope so beacuse I don't remember her

Carmel and rebecca both have stigma now... and they can't separate sabrac and his true body .. that's a problem.

I think we are in vol 19 now
we still not at volume 19 but we very close
Old 2011-12-25, 17:07   Link #25
alvinkhorfire

The design of the true body of Snake of the Festival is quite different from what was shown during the first scene (roughly 1m 18s) of the first episode of Season 3. They have updated the design, haven't they?

What is more important is that Shana is still wearing the white dress as of now. In roughly 1m 18s of the first episode of Season 3, Shana is wearing the battle suit consisting of long trousers. It means that we have not reach that part. In short, the full version of first scene of the first episode of Season 3 will only be broadcast at least in a few more episodes later.

Just what really makes Shana really confident in defeating SotF Yuji? Yes, she gained a huge power boost and learned 4 new powerful unrestricted spells. But, how can love further increase her power of existence to defeat Yuji? Or rather, love can be only used to convince Yuji not to pursue the final stage of Psalm of Grand Order? As Chris38 mentioned, Yuji's power has definitely increased after reawakening the true body of the SnH. I really hope that Shana has at least 50-50 chance against SotF Yuji.
Old 2011-12-25, 17:08   Link #26
Marik

Guys, Sabrac was talking about Mere. However, I don't remember seeing her in season 2.
Do you know when exactly Mere appears?
Old 2011-12-25, 17:15   Link #27
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik View Post
Guys, Sabrac was talking about Mere. However, I don't remember seeing her in season 2.
Do you know when exactly Mere appears?
Season 2 Ep 1-3
Old 2011-12-25, 17:15   Link #28
alvinkhorfire

@Marik
Oops, Ec1ge beat me to it. Mare appeared in the first 2 episodes of the second season.
The form we see in Episode 12 in Season 3 is her Mystes form. Her true form is a clown, as shown in Episode 2 of second season. So, her actual form is not really that cute.

On a side note, I do not like SotF Yuji's arrogant attitude in disregarding Shana as a formidable opponent. His cocky speech with a laugh at the end of the episode is the proof. As Cosmic Eagle said, SotF Yuji is slightly stronger than Shana at all time. Still, disregarding Shana in such way is just too conceited.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-25 at 17:27.
Old 2011-12-25, 17:56   Link #29
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
@Marik
Oops, Ec1ge beat me to it. Mare appeared in the first 2 episodes of the second season.
The form we see in Episode 12 in Season 3 is her Mystes form. Her true form is a clown, as shown in Episode 2 of second season. So, her actual form is not really that cute.

On a side note, I do not like SotF Yuji's arrogant attitude in disregarding Shana as a formidable opponent. His cocky speech with a laugh at the end of the episode is the proof. As Cosmic Eagle said, SotF Yuji is slightly stronger than Shana at all time. Still, disregarding Shana in such way is just too conceited.
1rst part: YAY!!!
2nd part (with Yuji disregarding Shana): True ;_____________;
Old 2011-12-25, 20:49   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I never forget a girl with horns

But I thought she only appeared in the first episode of season two with that mindscrew of Yuji, only to be defeated in that same episode... Heck come to think of it, didn't people say she was a game original character ?
Old 2011-12-25, 21:20   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I never forget a girl with horns

But I thought she only appeared in the first episode of season two with that mindscrew of Yuji, only to be defeated in that same episode... Heck come to think of it, didn't people say she was a game original character ?
Yeah who knew that random character would be brought back into things. If she was a game original character have to think this is an anime-original bond for Sabrac in order to make him...easier to emphasize with .
Old 2011-12-25, 21:34   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Mare was also introduced into canon through a sidestory. That makes integrating her into the canon plot more difficult.

Also, for those who forgot what Mare looks like:

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-25, 22:19   Link #33
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah who knew that random character would be brought back into things. If she was a game original character have to think this is an anime-original bond for Sabrac in order to make him...easier to emphasize with .
Yes, you all are correct. Mare made her first appearance in Shakugan no Shana Game for PS2. Thus, her subsequent appearance in the first 2 episodes of Season 2 could be considered as an anime original material back then, before the Volume 19 was being published.

Now, that is no longer the case. The author has made effort in integrating her into novel material. The prologue and epilogue in Volume 19 of the Novel are solely about Sabrac and Mare. Like it or not, Mare is a part of the novel material now.
Old 2011-12-26, 00:07   Link #34
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Awesome episode! So Shana finally said the line once more! Too bad it came at a such a bad timing. And we only had to wait forever and a half. But I just couldn't help but laugh at Yuji's expression when Shana said 'I love you'. It was as if he was saying "lol u crazy?" in reply. Shana threatening the evil side with her ultimate attack should Yuji perish was also priceless. Now, lets see how her love will help Shana in her fight. All you need is love, right?

And Sabrac is as strong as ever, with even more hax than before.
Old 2011-12-26, 08:49   Link #35
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Awesome episode! So Shana finally said the line once more! Too bad it came at a such a bad timing. And we only had to wait forever and a half. But I just couldn't help but laugh at Yuji's expression when Shana said 'I love you'. It was as if he was saying "lol u crazy?" in reply. Shana threatening the evil side with her ultimate attack should Yuji perish was also priceless. Now, lets see how her love will help Shana in her fight. All you need is love, right?

And Sabrac is as strong as ever, with even more hax than before.
Of course he had a "lol u crazy?" expression, as it's more than obvious that his heart belongs to Kazumi. :3

Anyways, the episode was great. Sabrac just needs to finally die. >.> Though the winter cour is going to start on quite a good note I think.
I just hope that they don't try to rush in OP2/ED2 anytime soon. JC Staff should do what they traditionally do and hold it off until 16, 17, or 18, and not the 14 nonsense they've been doing lately. Sort of funny, because in S2 I was begging for them to change it.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:56   Link #36
Elf song

Quote:
@Marik
Actually...
Spoiler for Mare is:
Old 2011-12-26, 21:35   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Regardless if it sounded chessy or not, Shana truly behaved epic and majestic declaring her oath of love to Yuuji/Serpent of Ritual.

In summary, Shana sees a choice where she can build a future for the two of them together whether is or not a childish fantasy.

If Yuuji/Sairei Heibi is thrown off balance by that aseveration is because he already laid the path; his path that clashes with Shana's, because he's mostly seen everything as a long chain of mathematical predictions to get the best outcome for the release of destiny.
Shana's path, on the other hand, is grounded for the love she feels towards Sakai Yuuji as the single individual Flame Haze Shana, and this path can be made from the span of both existences at what would they choose to build during the run of that path, if Shana's choice prevails at the end.
Old 2011-12-27, 09:22   Link #38
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Actually...
Spoiler for Mare is:
Thanks for the clarification, Elf song. + rep.

Other than her face, other parts of her Mystes form are not parts of her real body, right? I thought that the Mystes form is just a temporary body for her to use.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:01   Link #39
Elf song

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, Elf song. + rep.

Other than her face, other parts of her Mystes form are not parts of her real body, right? I thought that the Mystes form is just a temporary body for her to use.
Yes, the body was Mystes'. And the only one who ever knows that is none other than Sabrac, during the exclusive chapter "Juggle".

Really hope they(J.C.staff) make a short flashback about their relationship in the next episode.
Old 2011-12-28, 04:09   Link #40
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Yuji's laugh didn't really look arrogant to me. It felt like he was laughing at how it was just like Shana to come back and boast about beating an opponent who just defeated her badly a while back. Also he may be a little happy at shana coming back to her usual state as he was irritated by shana feeling defeated in episode 5.

Well, thats the impression I got from that scene. I do think that Yuji is confident he will win though