AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 19:02   Link #2401
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't know. There is too much competition among these girls in the show already. We don't need to make our own competition on top of that I think....

....unless it's an official poll to let the audience decide who wins the general election. Then I'm in
Animesuki polls are well policed with rules, so almost no campaigning for votes occurs in them. It may not be official, but it will determine which AKB anime character is popular here in Animesuki.

Results would probably be similar to the one I've seen sometime ago, Chieri getting higher than the others (just my speculation).
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:05   Link #2402
mochichan

I honestly see no reason why there's shouldn't be a popularity poll.

I vomit rainbow.
Oh looky Mayuyu focus~

hell..those clothes are so fug in real life, please don't wear them on music show. They're already loli looking even tho most members are over 18...those clothes don't help..

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-07-25 at 21:19.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 01:01   Link #2403
Requiem-x
The slacking one

If we don't get a proper season 2, I'll be dissapointed and seriously shocked, because this episode left the stage ready for a direct continuation, even with some new questions too.

About the episode itself, everything went way better than expected, though that's not too hard considering I was expecting a bunch of drama, goodbyes and feels back in akibastar. Honestly, I thought the whole concert had been totally ditched so seeing it actually happen was pure joy, and you can be sure I went HELL YEAH when they did it in the middle of the detention center. There were quite a few out of nowhere things (don't give things away so easily, Chieri), but nothing notoriously dumb (Yes, I expected worse than Acchan saving the day from beyond), and I'm sure not complaining about having Takamina around a little longer.

Anyway, some quick highlights
- Orine's old friends being there was the sweetest moment, never thought I'd end up liking a soft spoken pink haired girl so much.
- Butt kicking moment of the episode: Yuuko slicing that mech like nobody's business. Of course, Mayuyu deserves props too. Hell, even Mamoru got a cool moment.
- Nagisa's dad is a great example of a strict but understanding figure. Did not see it coming.
- Mimori not getting enough attention? Give her a Kirara! I wonder if it's full of pheromones too.
- Takamina's bow shaped kirara is adorable.
- From the moment Nagisa and Chieri flew together to finish up kibou no tsuite till the music stopped it was all fist raising glory. Anyone watching that should've at least tried to sing along (or maybe it's just me...?)

Really, really hoping we get a proper second season and not another crappy anime movie. For one reason or another, this series is something else.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:18   Link #2404
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I vomit rainbow.
Oh looky Mayuyu focus~
It can't be helped. I wonder if Chieri will get the same attention in the animated one though.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:35   Link #2405
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I wonder if they will release an dance CG of all song in the anime...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 05:45   Link #2406
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
- From the moment Nagisa and Chieri flew together to finish up kibou no tsuite till the music stopped it was all fist raising glory. Anyone watching that should've at least tried to sing along (or maybe it's just me...?)
Every time I've watched the episode thus far, at that moment I find myself singing along.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 09:20   Link #2407
jdennis007

I was not thrilled with the concept of this series at first but grew to like it, also they didn't focus too much on combat which helped. I am glad I stuck around, this was an enjoyable series and I cant wait for a season two of it. Is it wrong that I like the No Name songs better than the AKB songs?
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 09:42   Link #2408
sa547
*Author

^
They're all written by the same man: Yasushi Akimoto.

So moved by the final episode that I came up with this:
Old 2012-07-26, 10:05   Link #2409
mochichan

^
OMFG LOVE THAT EDIT <3
You even included their Kiraras :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I was not thrilled with the concept of this series at first but grew to like it, also they didn't focus too much on combat which helped. I am glad I stuck around, this was an enjoyable series and I cant wait for a season two of it. Is it wrong that I like the No Name songs better than the AKB songs?
Depend on what AKB songs you heard. Beginner, River, Kaze as fuiteiru, Sakura no shiori, Sakura no ki ni narou are good even if you're not into idols, or Give me five big band sound and not as sugar overdose. Keibetsu is very un-idol like because it's about suicide because of bullying or Mokugekisha which is about witnesses not stopping crimes. There's rockish songs like Korogaru ishi ni nare, Blue Rose, Mammoth, ALIVE (also the prison break PV was super cool) or the sword swinging Itoshisa no Accel, the totally emo I'm crying and flawless Mushi no ballad which is about live on even if you're reduce to a bug, and Nakeru Bashou, Kurumi to Dialogue
There's over 400 songs and from what I seen, people who don't like AKB mainstream releases tend to like stage/team songs more.
But yeah...Kibou ni Tsuite >>>>>> Akb boring new single, Gingham Checks, that do not do justice to queen Yuko....

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-07-26 at 10:39.
Old 2012-07-26, 12:12   Link #2410
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm actually surpirsed by this series - when I heard of the premise, I was highly skeptical and wasn't sure it wpuld be my cuppa tea, but it's grown on me and I like hiw this season ends.

Also, I'm amused by the BGM as Miichan sees the light of the Kirara - it's an instrumental remix of Korogaru Isshi ni Nare, Team K's song. Also liked the soft instrumental Aitakatta when Nagisa reubited with her parents, and her dad accepted her chosen path.

All in all, it's an enjoyable series, one that told its story through the lives of its characters. Definetely gonna rewatch from the beginning.

Also, Season 2 is practically all but confirmed with mentions of Acchan the 14th.

Also, Mayuyu Mk3 pulling out a belt of grenades outta her ass is something I find amusing, and reminds me of Nanoha spamming cartridges. ;p

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 13:40   Link #2411
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Also, Mayuyu Mk3 pulling out a belt of grenades outta her ass is something I find amusing, and reminds me of Nanoha spamming cartridges. ;p
Yeah that is my favorite part of the battle, it is just full of win..
Old 2012-07-26, 15:13   Link #2412
mochichan

More accurately it's from her skirt lol

Old 2012-07-26, 17:25   Link #2413
Random Wanderer

Apparently she goes into concerts with the hem of her skirt lined with those stasis-field rockets. It's ridiculous and should be cheesy, yet somehow they made it awesome.
Old 2012-07-26, 17:38   Link #2414
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
They're all written by the same man: Yasushi Akimoto.

So moved by the final episode that I came up with this:
Nagisa and Chieri at the center?
Nice pic and thanks for sharing.

*gives cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Apparently she goes into concerts with the hem of her skirt lined with those stasis-field rockets. It's ridiculous and should be cheesy, yet somehow they made it awesome.
She always come prepared.

EDIT:

And a little something for the shippers.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-26 at 20:11.
Old 2012-07-26, 20:05   Link #2415
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Was so disappointed when it wasn't MamoruXYuuka. Forgot for a moment that the yuri is strong in this series.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 20:09   Link #2416
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Was so disappointed when it wasn't MamoruXYuuka. Forgot for a moment that the yuri is strong in this series.
I like that pairing too. But currently unable to find any pics.
Feel a little bad for Mamoru's current girlfriend though, because it's tough to compete with an idol.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-26 at 20:36.
Old 2012-07-26, 21:44   Link #2417
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Where is MeguxSae??

Pixiv has a lot additional image regarding AKB0048, which is nice...
Spoiler for img:

And anyone wanna buy this figurine of Makoto once it is out??
Spoiler:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 22:53   Link #2418
chaosprophet

Finally back after a 2 week without internet...

Great show all in all. Sad we need at least half a yeah for the next season.

Even Takamina who was the most likely one to graduate from all that happened was able to "take her place back" as the most fitting Takamina soul. I think we aren't seeing any of the 8 graduating after that. I still think the 9 main research students will all get to succeed new names. Considering the concert they were able to give on final episode, I wouldn't be surprised if the next season starts with they all becoming successors (which can be connected with the general election part, with all girls on the same ground now, the next rival theme would be the elections).

My mostly random guess: Nagisa as Acchan, Chieri as Mii-chan, Kanata as Yui-han
Old 2012-07-26, 23:06   Link #2419
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
And anyone wanna buy this figurine of Makoto once it is out??
Spoiler:
For anyone confused, that's a joke on Makoto's nickname. Sonata came up with "Butsuzou" from "butsu-butsu" (to grumble) + "zou" (a nickname ending), but "butsuzou" also means "Buddha statue".
Old 2012-07-26, 23:43   Link #2420
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
For anyone confused, that's a joke on Makoto's nickname. Sonata came up with "Butsuzou" from "butsu-butsu" (to grumble) + "zou" (a nickname ending), but "butsuzou" also means "Buddha statue".
Ah, thank you for the clarification.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime