AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-12, 08:26   Link #141
mrShady

Twilight zone.....

To get things a bit back on track.
Someone mentioned that Zoro and Kinemon were informing Luffy about what happened, but the only thing they know is that Doflamingo faked his resignation and that there's a new factory destruction plan. Zoro said before that he didn't have a den den mushi so they don't know about Law's face off with Doflamingo and that could mean he might get trashed before the news reaches Luffy.
I wonder though if Luffy would leave the tournament to save Law, considering Luffy's debt to Law he's sort of required to go. Maybe he can have Zoro enter the tournament in his place?
Old 2013-10-12, 08:41   Link #142
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Twilight zone.....

Someone mentioned that Zoro and Kinemon were informing Luffy about what happened, but the only thing they know is that Doflamingo faked his resignation and that there's a new factory destruction plan. Zoro said before that he didn't have a den den mushi so they don't know about Law's face off with Doflamingo and that could mean he might get trashed before the news reaches Luffy.
I wonder though if Luffy would leave the tournament to save Law, considering Luffy's debt to Law he's sort of required to go. Maybe he can have Zoro enter the tournament in his place?
I doubt Zoro would be able to enter in Luffy's place.
Old 2013-10-12, 08:46   Link #143
JonSnow

Quote:
Twilight zone.....

Well Sanji gave Kin'emon his personal den den mushi(it has the same eye brow). So if Sanji called Kin'emon, then Zoro knows what happened in green bit.

Now regarding the tournament, if Luffy decides to leave and help Law, then Bartolomeo will be able to continue his plan, which is to win the fruit for Luffy.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:09   Link #144
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Well Sanji gave Kin'emon his personal den den mushi(it has the same eye brow). So if Sanji called Kin'emon, then Zoro knows what happened in green bit.

Now regarding the tournament, if Luffy decides to leave and help Law, then Bartolomeo will be able to continue his plan, which is to win the fruit for Luffy.
Yeah.

Thanks for reminding me about Sanji's Den Den Mushi.I had forgot about it.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:25   Link #145
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
I doubt Zoro would be able to enter in Luffy's place.
I'm not sure either but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

PS: Use the +quote and then the quote button to quote multiple posts in 1 message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post

He did, ah sorry must have missed. There's so much stuff going on in some of the panels that it's easy to miss some of the details.

I don't think Bartolomeo is strong enough to face off against Diamante or Burgess (I'm not even sure if Luffy could beat Burgess) and if Luffy is forced to help Law I can only see Zoro stepping in, obviously this doesn't seem fair in a tournament but if Luffy has to wait till after the tournament or sends Zoro he's not exactly clearing his debt to Law.
Another problem is that if Luffy actually wins the tournament he will be too fatigued to face Doflamingo leaving only Zoro as a strong enough opponent (awesome but unlikely Oda goes out of his way to cockblock Zoro) and then there's Doflamingo's head honcho Diamante who should (plot wise) be defeated by a SH.

Then again with Fujitora heading back to Dressrosa even Luffy needs help achieving all his goals, so it might really be Bartolomeo who's going to fight for the fruit. I just think it's too obvious a set up for failure. And I hope Oda has something else planned.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:35   Link #146
Dany Rangel

Quote:
I'm not sure either but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

PS: Use the +quote and then the quote button to quote multiple posts in 1 message
Ok.I'm sure I will try.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:15   Link #147
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel
What do you mean by 'specifically'?
Specifically wasn't the right word. I was in a hurry, so I have to excuse myself for this sloppy post.

What I meant: Zoro's swords weren't covered in Haki. There was no need to do so, because he could cut steel even before the time-skip. At least, that's what I remember

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-12 at 16:52.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:24   Link #148
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Haha, exactly my thoughts

Specifically wasn't the right word. I was in a hurry, so I have to excuse myself for this sloppy post.

What I meant: Zoro's swords weren't covered in Haki. There was no need to do so, because he could cut steel even before the time-skip. At least, that's what I remember
Haki has been Invincible and it has been used as a shield;barrier.I am not sure if he cut them or if they were broken by a barrier because of what I saw and read.
Zoro indeed has cut steel before the time-skip.First time against Daz Bones.
Old 2013-10-12, 13:59   Link #149
ri0

Quote:
Haki has been Invincible and it has been used as a shield;barrier.I am not sure if he cut them or if they were broken by a barrier because of what I saw and read.
Zoro indeed has cut steel before the time-skip.First time against Daz Bones.
Yeah, because of that fact, I thought the use of Haki would be redundant in that situation. Furthermore, Haki, until now, was never portrayed to be used like a barrier (that would render Bartolomeo's fruit pointless) but rather directly on the skin or on certain objects. To me, it looked like he simply blocked them before slicing the blades.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:04   Link #150
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Quote:
I'm not even sure if Luffy could beat Burgess
Power x Power, luffy will always win, now concerning deception and the sort then luffy will always lose hehe, it was pointed out by Zoro, Sanji and others on the Thriller Bark Arc and I don't think much have changed on the 2 years time skip regarding that.

Bartho's ability is to send the enemy's power back, so strong guys like burguess or luffy will have a tough time if x him. I wonder how haki will work on him.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:16   Link #151
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Yeah, because of that fact, I thought the use of Haki would be redundant in that situation. Furthermore, Haki, until now, was never portrayed to be used like a barrier (that would render Bartolomeo's fruit pointless) but rather directly on the skin or on certain objects. To me, it looked like he simply blocked them before slicing the blades.
It seems to me that it has been unclear a lot of times.But their has been a few instances were their is clearly a shield;barrier.The most clear example was Shanks blocking Akainu's punch.Or was that due to the impact?(chapter 579)
How about when the Admirals blocked White-beard's shockwawe?(chapter 564)
The Haki shield;barrier has never moved forward on its own. Bartolomeo's Barrier fruit power has.

By the way:did you get a message from me?

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-12 at 14:46. Reason: I forgot to add some-thing.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:34   Link #152
ri0

Quote:
It seems to me that it has been unclear a lot of times.But their has been a few instances were their is clearly a shield;barrier.The most clear example was Shanks blocking Akainu's punch.
Can't remember that one clearly, but wasn't it Shank's Haki infused sword? I never had the feeling, Haki was used as a shield or barrier, but hey, I could be wrong

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-12 at 14:44.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:51   Link #153
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Can't remember that one clearly, but wasn't it Shank's Haki infused sword? I never had the feeling, Haki was used as a shield or barrier, but hey, I could be wrong
Yeah,I thought the shield;barrier extended from the sword.
Old 2013-10-12, 14:51   Link #154
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

[snip]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
Power x Power, luffy will always win, now concerning deception and the sort then luffy will always lose hehe, it was pointed out by Zoro, Sanji and others on the Thriller Bark Arc and I don't think much have changed on the 2 years time skip regarding that.

Bartho's ability is to send the enemy's power back, so strong guys like burguess or luffy will have a tough time if x him. I wonder how haki will work on him.
It's funny how people think Luffy will have a hard time fighting Burgess someone who couldn't even see Luffy's max speed before the Time Skip. Luffy smashed their captain into the damn wall and they only noticed it when they heard Teach Crash into the wall.
Not to mention Luffy has one of the most fast strength growths among all the pirates in One Piece.
Either way I don't see Luffy losing to Burgess. I highly doubt Luffy will even use his full strength against the guy.

Even if Bartolomeo can use Barriers I highly doubt he can put the barrier up in time to block an attack at a speed of levels in which he can't even react to. Luffy is that powerful. At the same time Luffy is a rubber man. The power bouncing back might not even have much of an effect. Then there's the part where instead of punching him you can just grab the guy and smash him into the ground. Barriers are breakable.
But instead of thinking about that you should think about the part where Bartolomeo wouldn't even end up fighting Luffy. I highly doubt such a thing would happen.

And in Thriller bark they didn't say Luffy would always lose, they only said he could possibly lose. Luffy has won pretty much every fight with deception. The most hilarious was his fight with Split Head. lol

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-12 at 16:52.
Old 2013-10-12, 15:27   Link #155
marvelB

So.... does anyone else think that the dwarf army's invasion of the toy factory will take place at nightfall? I'm thinking this will be the case because it was pointed out a few times already that the toy people (Thunder Soldier included) follow some sort of strict curfew where they return to the factory at midnight. So maybe the soldier will use this to his advantage and lead his army to the factory as he follows the curfew's rules. And if that is indeed the case, I wonder how many of Dofla's officers will be guarding the factory? I see no reason why it WOULDN'T be guarded since the warlord himself is already aware of the factory destruction plan. Perhaps this will be when Pica finally makes his appearance....?
Old 2013-10-12, 15:48   Link #156
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... does anyone else think that the dwarf army's invasion of the toy factory will take place at nightfall? I'm thinking this will be the case because it was pointed out a few times already that the toy people (Thunder Soldier included) follow some sort of strict curfew where they return to the factory at midnight. So maybe the soldier will use this to his advantage and lead his army to the factory as he follows the curfew's rules. And if that is indeed the case, I wonder how many of Dofla's officers will be guarding the factory? I see no reason why it WOULDN'T be guarded since the warlord himself is already aware of the factory destruction plan. Perhaps this will be when Pica finally makes his appearance....?
I didn't think about the possibility of the dwarf's army invading the toy factory at dark until now.Thanks for the thought.
Was it the factory they have been returning too?
You believe Doflamingo is going to beat Law?
Old 2013-10-12, 16:06   Link #157
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

[snip]

Quote:
It's a possibility. But I can't remember one arc that had fights during the night time in One Piece.
It's a good theory though.

And Doflamingo doesn't know that his factory is being targeted for destruction, he is only aware of the situation with Caesar. Violet was dispatched to find out what the Straw Hats plans are by reading Sanji's mind.

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-12 at 16:54.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:31   Link #158
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
It's a possibility. But I can't remember one arc that had fights during the night time in One Piece.

Whiskey Peak, Water 7, and Thriller Bark don't ring any bells? Hell, the entire Enies Lobby arc pretty much took place at nighttime (remember, that island was unique because it had sunshine 24/7). But yeah, the more I think about it, the more a nighttime factory raid makes sense to me.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:45   Link #159
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Whiskey Peak, Water 7, and Thriller Bark don't ring any bells? Hell, the entire Enies Lobby arc pretty much took place at nighttime (remember, that island was unique because it had sunshine 24/7). But yeah, the more I think about it, the more a nighttime factory raid makes sense to me.
Oh yeah! I was just trying to remember some but I couldn't lol.

I'd love to see the Dressrosa arc fights take place at night though.

Not many people would know that Doflamingo was defeated by the Straw Hats because the WG will just cover that incident up like they did with Crocodile and Moria. I'm pretty sure that big time pirates will figure that out though. The curfew and night issue is what gave me that conclusion.

Hopefully the night time thing leads to a plot where the marines and Fujitora leaves Dressrosa. Him being there as well as CP0 makes things even more complicated. I don't know how the Straw Hats will make it out of their. I'm sure they will but the situation is really serious. Admirals and Vice Admirals will now be sent after them from now on.

If the dwarfs go after the factory at night time things should run more smoothly.
We shall see!
Old 2013-10-13, 02:08   Link #160
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This comment irritates me a little bit. Since when are the den den mushi unique?

I thought the den den mushi always looks like the person on the other end. So if Sanji is talking to someone, the den den mushi will look like Sanji, just like any den den mushi will look like Doflamingo, when he is the one talking.
Sanji wasn't using the den den mushi when he gave it to Kin'emon and it already had the same eye brows. When Crocodile was talking to Sanji in little garden arc, the den den mushi looked like Mr. 3 not Crocodile. Same goes for the regular den den mushi that doesn't chance appearance, like what the marines are using.