AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-19, 14:01   Link #3621
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
What Akito said. I think we're seeing some over-analysis in regards to the power-levels. Other friends on another forum I go to are pretty much the epitome of quantifying and they haven't seen anything that comes across as inconsistent.
Well I said that thing about power-inconsistency because I was under the impression that the heavenly swords could only be wielded by the strongest pallasites (I know they aren't loyal to Pallas, but how do we call them instead?).

Miller is technically a wild-card at this point and it is still a little weird that for what we see from the preview, he will able to withstand the power that utterly defeated Gallia. I mean, we know he was strong, but why the staff decided to portray him as even more stronger than a class-1 pallasite? Could it not make more sense that the young saints instead of using the near omega cosmo against Gallia, used it against Miller or Europa and then fight Gallia? Oh well, perhaps Miller is the favorite of someone from the staff
Old 2014-01-19, 14:07   Link #3622
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Umm.. what does that mean? Do you mean the LC Gold Saint are only facing fairly easy opponents?
It means that LC pandered to fans' fantasies of the Gold Saints by having them overpowered people that were clearly bellow their level, but not low enough that it'll be boring.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:44   Link #3623
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

What the i hear in others that Athena Exclamation same as is tapping into the Omega to it isn't its real power. Although this raises the question of why the Omega isn't forbidden can be excused with the fact that no one ever fully awoke it before this i hear in others.

i get it now why Athena Exclamation banned skill more people more infinite power.
forbidden power omega banned power i been think if all people in earth combine they felling and love and friendship into one as omega i sure gods gona fear human for sure.

Athena Exclamation same type as omega isn't its real power.

if kouga reach full omega i sure he gona surpass tenma god cloth and seiya god cloth why i think kouga final cloth maybe is omega cloth not god cloth.

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-01-19 at 15:07.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 20:42   Link #3624
Galaxian

And in the CGI movie...

Virgo Shaka

Old 2014-01-19, 20:49   Link #3625
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
And in the CGI movie...

Virgo Shaka

Shijima, is that you?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:16   Link #3626
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:
And in the CGI movie...

Virgo Shaka

http://i.imgur.com/Ja3LS2A.jpg
Are you sure that is from a SS CGI movie? /joking

Last edited by AGear2Ax; 2014-01-20 at 18:54.
AGear2Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 21:27   Link #3627
Ozuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
The only thing I don't get is that next ep it seems that Miller is stronger than Gallia. When Ikki appeared to fight Miller, Aegeon was all like: "If there's somebody who can defeat Miller, it would be Ikki". Somehow that implies that Miller isn't stronger than a class-1 pallasite. And if Miller is stronger than a class-1 pallasite, why he will obey what Europa says to him? Does it mean that Europa is even stronger despite being a class-2 pallasite? or Does it mean that Miller has an Achilles' heel?

Aegaeon is hardly one to be acting as a calculator of people's powers. Even though he had been a usual appraiser of humanity and their potential he at the same time doubted them as Ikki mentions. In other-words a pseudo intellectual.

Also AG Aegaeon, Gallia, Hyperion and Titan aren't Pallasite's either.

Like Europa and Mira(name we use for guy on tvtropes)/Miller they've been using Pallas for their own ends.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 23:37   Link #3628
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:
Aegaeon is hardly one to be acting as a calculator of people's powers. Even though he had been a usual appraiser of humanity and their potential he at the same time doubted them as Ikki mentions. In other-words a pseudo intellectual.

Like Europa and Mira(name we use for guy on tvtropes)/Miller they've been using Pallas for their own ends.
I think this message has a little of lag and reached a little late

I know that they aren't pallasites, but how do we call them then? At this point what a think is that Aegeon and Gallia were only powerful because of their chronotector and swords (they depended on them way too much) and Miller, being a wild card, is truly powerful by his own hand.

I won't be surprised if it turned out that he reached an omega level equivalent for the "pallasites". And I don't like using "Mira" for his name because Mira is a female name
Old 2014-01-20, 00:02   Link #3629
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:

Ozuma

Spoiler:

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-01-20 at 05:55.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 02:50   Link #3630
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please do not use anime threads such as this whenever you are looking for suggestions. We have an entire section dedicated to this and it's easier for everyone if you use that part of the forum instead.
Old 2014-01-20, 09:21   Link #3631
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
And in the CGI movie...

Virgo Shaka

http://i.imgur.com/Ja3LS2A.jpg
I can't help thinking of He-man's Ram Man for some reason.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 10:47   Link #3632
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
Ozuma

Spoiler:
I think I'm gonna root for Hyperion to wipe the floor with the bronzes at this point. Mainly to restore the Four non-Pallasites dignity after Gallia’s hilarious defeat. But of course, the chances are high that the Bronzes will own him like a bitch instead *sigh*. But hey, Hyperion did survive that attack. So he's already doing mighty fine.

I’m starting to feel that, at the end of the series, Aegeon will be the only one who had a decent death by bringing Ikki down with him. One can’t have more awesome death than that.
Old 2014-01-20, 18:54   Link #3633
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:
I think I'm gonna root for Hyperion to wipe the floor with the bronzes at this point. Mainly to restore the Four non-Pallasites dignity after Gallia’s hilarious defeat. But of course, the chances are high that the Bronzes will own him like a bitch instead *sigh*. But hey, Hyperion did survive that attack. So he's already doing mighty fine.

I’m starting to feel that, at the end of the series, Aegeon will be the only one who had a decent death by bringing Ikki down with him. One can’t have more awesome death than that.
Judging from the preview, it seems tha Hyperion will last a few minutes and then they go to fight Miller.
Old 2014-01-21, 06:28   Link #3634
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I hope we can still see Hyperion kicking ass for those few minutes before being put out of his misery. Or maybe he can survive once again and gives his last bites to the bronzes near the end of Omega S2.

Quote:
It means that LC pandered to fans' fantasies of the Gold Saints by having them overpowered people that were clearly bellow their level, but not low enough that it'll be boring.
Albafica vs. Minos
Manigoldo (& Sage) vs. Thanatos
El Cid vs. Dream Gods
Kardia vs. Rhadamanthys
Degel vs. Pseudo-Poseidon
etc.

I'd say those enemies are the same and above the level of Gold Saints. Sure, some of those Gold Saints beat lesser opponents in some occasion, but isn't that a "number 1" rule in any shounen to show how strong a character is?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2014-01-21 at 06:41.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 07:26   Link #3635
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
you havent watched/read LC yet....
Old 2014-01-21, 07:57   Link #3636
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Nah, he clearly did.

The new trailer for the upcoming Jump J-Stars Victory game introduces Seiya...but it's disappointing how he's still voiced by Masakazu Morita. He always sounds off as Seiya to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZoPEbTYRg
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 08:28   Link #3637
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Nah, he clearly did.

The new trailer for the upcoming Jump J-Stars Victory game introduces Seiya...but it's disappointing how he's still voiced by Masakazu Morita. He always sounds off as Seiya to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZoPEbTYRg
nah, just a sarcasm
if he really did watch.read it he should know that most goldies fight stronger/op enemy
first is albafica vs immortal spectre + judge
manigoldo vs OP thanatos
sysyphus vs hades & finally spectre who can rip heart at his will
defteros/aspros vs mephistopheles, a god too
etc

only dohko and regulus get fair balance enemy (dohko and rhadamntys)
Old 2014-01-21, 17:19   Link #3638
Ozuma

Galaxian's tumblr is pretty much a whole horde of SS franchise knowledge. If anyone knows about SS classic, LC, Next Dimension, Episode G and so on it's him.

Hyperion if he survived should technically be considered the most boss Pallasite since he survived the Athena Exclamation. When Seiya and his posse (in anime), Shiryu in the manga deflected it came at the cost of severe damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGear2Ax View Post
Well I said that thing about power-inconsistency because I was under the impression that the heavenly swords could only be wielded by the strongest pallasites (I know they aren't loyal to Pallas, but how do we call them instead?).
(shakes head)

No that's a red herring. If anything any damn Pallasite of the second class strength can. That dude Aegir who Kouga one-shotted after fighting Genbu (though as Europa said he spent his Cosmo after fighting him)was able to wield it. Though if you look at his strength and the strength of the other Pallasite's in Pallasbelda it isn't anything much for the experienced Pallasite.

If wielding that blade was something only those of legendary strength like the Four Heavenly blade Pallasites (or Chronos) than the rest of the battle would be a clean sweep for the Saints. My bet is that we'll see Europa pull something like what he did with Methone and give Aegaeon's blade to Mira/Miller to use.

Speaking of Miller. Actually guys his name is spelled Mira. It sounds like there's an L in there's but it's not. It's like with Inuyasha adaptation abbreviation error with the sword Tessaiga being spelled "Tetesusaiga" and the team pet "Kirara". The latter the r's sound like a "L".

Anyways, Europa is a manipulative mofo so it's more than plausible he's going to pump his buddy Mira with more juice.

(glomp Nishi)

Yay, go Bronze's! ^^
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 17:38   Link #3639
Galaxian

Quote:
Albafica vs. Minos
Manigoldo (& Sage) vs. Thanatos
El Cid vs. Dream Gods
Kardia vs. Rhadamanthys
Degel vs. Pseudo-Poseidon
etc.

I'd say those enemies are the same and above the level of Gold Saints. Sure, some of those Gold Saints beat lesser opponents in some occasion, but isn't that a "number 1" rule in any shounen to show how strong a character is?
Albafica vs. Niobe
Manigoldo vs. Nasu
El Cid vs. Gregor
Degel vs. Unity
Dohko vs. Gordon
Asmita vs. Edward + Specters
Regulus vs. Violate
Shion vs. Rami

All Gold Saints VS mid level opponents. And that's not even counting Anecdotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Actually, I was part of the group responsible for most of the English scanlation of LC. You're welcome
Old 2014-01-21, 17:53   Link #3640
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Albafica vs. Niobe
Manigoldo vs. Nasu
El Cid vs. Gregor
Degel vs. Unity
Dohko vs. Gordon
Asmita vs. Edward + Specters
Regulus vs. Violate
Shion vs. Rami

All Gold Saints VS mid level opponents. And that's not even counting Anecdotes.
I know that. That’s why I said “....but isn't that a "number 1" rule in any shounen to show how strong a character is?”.

How else do you portray that these guys are strong beside defeating lower-level opponents? This is a very common thing in every fighting story (be it mangas, comics, anime, novels, or movies). Is it pandering to fans? yes it could be. But more than anything else, it serves a purpose to portray how strong these guys are before making them face even (much) stronger opponents.

Also, Unity is the Sea Dragon mariner at the time. So I wouldn't say he's below Degel, at least in raw power.

Tags
action, shounen