AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 23:10   Link #241
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If you see the first part of the video, the suits are raiding the airport, and the weapon first seen is a SCAR-H (7.62x51mm). Since SCAR is only used by the US currently and probably not meant for the export market, it should be a case of defecting troops seizing the White House.
While that is an interesting possibility (consider the backstory required for it to be believable/plausible), a simpler one should not be discounted: after all, it's amazing what can find its way into the black market these days.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 08:00   Link #242
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Its gonna be good to fight in Washington .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 17:33   Link #243
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I just saw the Infamy trailer listed as a Recommended Video on my YouTube account today and I watched it...

Wow. Can November 10th come any sooner? I near about jizzed in my pants watching that trailer.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I actually didn't look forward to Modern Warfare all *that* much, but I was intrigued. When I got it, it blew me away. Now I am extremely pumped for MW2. I hope it isn't a letdown from too high of expectations... but somehow I doubt I'll feel any letdown from an Infinity Ward production of Call of Duty.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 21:27   Link #244
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I just saw the Infamy trailer listed as a Recommended Video on my YouTube account today and I watched it...

Wow. Can November 10th come any sooner? I near about jizzed in my pants watching that trailer.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. I actually didn't look forward to Modern Warfare all *that* much, but I was intrigued. When I got it, it blew me away. Now I am extremely pumped for MW2. I hope it isn't a letdown from too high of expectations... but somehow I doubt I'll feel any letdown from an Infinity Ward production of Call of Duty.
Well hey, it's being made by the good company, right?
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 21:30   Link #245
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

It's good to see that the campaign gameplay will be as interesting as previous titles, since I probably won't have enough time to play online.

Also, anyone else find it strange that it's being released on November 10th and (judging by the trailer) there doesn't seem to be any USMC gameplay? I guess November 10th just looked like a good "CoD-esque" date near the holiday season.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:32   Link #246
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well hey, it's being made by the good company, right?
Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
It's good to see that the campaign gameplay will be as interesting as previous titles, since I probably won't have enough time to play online.

Also, anyone else find it strange that it's being released on November 10th and (judging by the trailer) there doesn't seem to be any USMC gameplay? I guess November 10th just looked like a good "CoD-esque" date near the holiday season.
We'll see. I'm just glad that there appears to be some gameplay from the viewpoint of a grunt. I liked the SAS missions in CoD4, and perhaps from replaying them so many times I've come to like them more, but I really loved the USMC missions in Act I of MW.

Old 2009-10-08, 08:42   Link #247
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
*SCAR-L, note the 5.56x45mm NATO STANAG magazine
It's not a SCAR at all. It's an AR-15 based weapon.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 10:01   Link #248
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
It's not a SCAR at all. It's an AR-15 based weapon.
You know when someone puts a bug in your head, and you pay attention to little details while ignoring the general image, and through that you perpetuate a myth or lie unintentionally?

Well, DERP...I thought too much of the mag and not the gun...

Oh, but that's great though...That just about widens the candidate field for who our mystery men in suits could be...How many people utilize the FN SCAR versus how many people utilize the AR-15 and it's variants/copies? Oh, joy...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 11:36   Link #249
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Well, seeing as how there's a Russian flag visible and the big bad villain is once again Russian...
Old 2009-10-08, 13:21   Link #250
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Well, if Hollywood can pump out another Indiana Jones movie, then why can't we fight the Russians again in another Modern Warfare?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-10-08, 14:07   Link #251
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

I never said we couldn't. I was responding to your whole "I wonder what nationality those guys are."
Old 2009-10-08, 14:09   Link #252
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I was under the impression that the airport, which we've seen since the first trailer, was Japanese (announcement voice in teaser), later changed to Russian (cyrillic on armed police and signs).

The voice musing about Cain and Abel in the beginning is distinctly American, so the raiders can in fact be Americans. Whether they belong to the military or a PMC is another matter.
Another version of Tom Clancy HAWX?

Well did anyone see Nikolai at 0.55? Sounds like we are going to Chechen......or some ex-Soviet republic in the desert.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 16:32   Link #253
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I want to fight the big bad Americans for a change...

Ah well, dreams will be dreams.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 19:51   Link #254
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Have you ever played a CoD game? America, Great Britain, and the Soviet Union are good guys. Always.
Old 2009-10-08, 20:15   Link #255
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
Have you ever played a CoD game? America, Great Britain, and the Soviet Union are good guys. Always.
CoD4 made a good counterexample of that last one.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 20:19   Link #256
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

To be fair, CoD4 had Russians as both good guys (Loyalists like Kamarov) and bad guys (Ultranationalists)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 22:52   Link #257
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
CoD4 made a good counterexample of that last one.
The Russian Ultranationalists hardly make a good simile for the good ol' USSR; They had no roots paved with good intentions and Zakahev had more than a measly cult of personality like Stalin did...

All in all, they still both came from the same country where their women look like men, so I guess that's all that matters to some...
Old 2009-10-09, 11:28   Link #258
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Not to mention the fact that the ultra-nationalist group = the Russian Federation.
Old 2009-10-09, 11:31   Link #259
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I want to fight the big bad Americans for a change...

Ah well, dreams will be dreams.
I'm sure a lot of people share that sentiment, just as I'm sure that no rational mainstream western developer will ever risk that in a single-player campaign.

Sure, multiplayer has been done, but I don't know of any mainstream single-player stuff.

Old 2009-10-18, 06:53   Link #260
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
MW2 just died:
http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-modern...e-pc-community