AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-14, 15:52   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Nina

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Nina related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Regios fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-02-14, 16:43   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A brief description about this character.
Your typical hotheaded, honorable Blonde Squad Captain with a heart of gold and a tragic past.
Old 2009-02-14, 19:31   Link #3
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

she needs to listen to others and think things through more often, if her character can overcome this bad part of her personality then she can most likely be the best female character of the series. lt's nice to see her try her hardest unlike a certain victimised someone, be it she's doing it for self glory or out of really wanting to help out others... it's always nice to have female characters like her.
Old 2009-02-14, 20:12   Link #4
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
A brief description about this character.
Your typical hotheaded, honorable Blonde Squad Captain with a heart of gold and a tragic past.
Yeah, that pretty much describes her. I have sort of mixed feelings about Nina. She could potentially be a character I really, really like. She is independent, strong and hard working. She is someone who will always push herself and try her hardest to improve herself. Someone who won't take being a damsel in distress. These are all qualities I love in female characters. But then she has that hot-headed thing going for her and tends to lack common sense sometimes. So those are points against her. I guess I need to wait and see where the writers take her character. It'll be interesting to see how they develop her.
Old 2009-02-15, 05:05   Link #5
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Nina Antalk.

In my opinion, somewhat fits the "Noble Samurai/Knight" in my head, with the difference being that she takes a casual approach when it comes to social terms.

But her past and why she wants to become strong and fight is what makes me put her in that stereotype I thought of inside my head.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-16, 10:27   Link #6
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
She's the "typical" female knight character: Bound to honor, protects the weak, wants to be stronger and never retreats.
As "extra" she has a motherly side to children/electric fairies.
But as the story progresses her confidence in herself drasticaly drops cause Lay-Fon. Perhaps that and the attack of Filth-monsters inspires her to improve herself more.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:15   Link #7
SageGaiGar
You are Next

It's almost like the more pressure she puts on herself to become 'stronger', the weaker she actually is.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:32   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Guess she should buckle up and benefit from Layfon's power by training with him.

And that would mean... heh. Heheheheh.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:47   Link #9
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

what kind of training you mean?:P
If she tries the same kind of training as Lay-Fon snce childhood maybe she become better...if she survivesXD
To the readers of the Light Novel: Nina will become stronger soon? Because it's somewhat boring where the only the hero can do something and the others just got in the way.
Old 2009-02-16, 13:04   Link #10
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
what kind of training you mean?:P
If she tries the same kind of training as Lay-Fon snce childhood maybe she become better...if she survives XD
Well, might not be necessary that she goes the "Spartan training" like Layfon did, but with Layfon teaching the basics (on how he got the zomghaxpowaaa) she might be able to have an idea where to go on developing her abilities even further.

But Nina doesn't seem to be the kind who'll back down from that harsh training if it means to get stronger.

I believe she will eventually get better (and so does everyone else). There'll be time in which Layfon is at an disadvantage going "solo mobbing" but when his team mates offer help, they themselves become all uberhax again

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about that.
Old 2009-02-16, 13:16   Link #11
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

i hope that...because i think Nina's last stand even tough she can't do anything was admirable...imagine that everything or nothing attitude with some power!
the next question is Harley: he claims to be Nina's childhood friend, but:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-02-16, 20:38   Link #12
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for My pure intuitional take on this:
Old 2009-02-17, 00:32   Link #13
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
To the readers of the Light Novel: Nina will become stronger soon? Because it's somewhat boring where the only the hero can do something and the others just got in the way.
The simple solution would be to temporarily cripple Layfon's power/health and drop the steaming load of trouble on the rest, as they realize "OH SNAP! HAX CHARACTER IS DOWN AND I'M RESPONSIBLE NOW!"
Old 2009-02-17, 02:49   Link #14
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That's no good cuz currently the whole city's army can't take down a medium-grade Filth Monster without Lay-Fon....
Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2009-02-17, 06:36   Link #15
honeypie_0106

I don't like Nina's character, I think she is one dimensional, a far cry from Kallen. Her jelousy and stubborness is not really that sexy.

I guess you don't see characters like Kallen from CG that often. I thought I would get my fix of Kallen from Nina, but I maybe she's just a tomboy that offers superficial emotions to the story.

Why get mad on the guy that saves your ass? Because he didn't tell you he had this much power?

Sorry, just had to vent.

On a personal note, I don't think Layfon and Nina have any chemistry at all.
Old 2009-02-17, 06:48   Link #16
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
That's no good cuz currently the whole city's army can't take down a medium-grade Filth Monster without Lay-Fon....
Spoiler for ep 7:
He needs to, I bet he can't bear to see his respected senior enduring her own training like hell. And yeah she needs Layfon so that she can do benchmarking on her training. It's useless training without someone good to gauge how far you've went

Quote:
I don't like Nina's character, I think she is one dimensional, a far cry from Kallen. Her jelousy and stubborness is not really that sexy.

I guess you don't see characters like Kallen from CG that often. I thought I would get my fix of Kallen from Nina, but I maybe she's just a tomboy that offers superficial emotions to the story.

Why get mad on the guy that saves your ass? Because he didn't tell you he had this much power?

Sorry, just had to vent.

On a personal note, I don't think Layfon and Nina have any chemistry at all.
I'd wait until it becomes half of the season/three-quarters of the season for me to benchmark her and see about that. Right now the anime just got to its quarter-season episode (6/24).
Old 2009-02-17, 06:56   Link #17
honeypie_0106

Yeah your probably right, but she did have an unhealthy start for me. Its kind of weird how I just didn't like her, even though I thought I would like Nina the most from Layfon's harem...

First impressions last....
Old 2009-02-17, 07:00   Link #18
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's easy why was she nervous to Layfon:
-He lied about his skills and even didn't take seriously the inter-platoon matches...remember Nina almost had bitten the grass before Layfon has became serious.
She has a knight-like personality...so lying is not a good thing in her sense almost no matter why...
Old 2009-02-18, 21:24   Link #19
MidNteJ

For someone who values life, always rushes to her death.... in fact that's all she does rushes

Her first captain was right about her not being able to be a captain
Old 2009-02-18, 21:35   Link #20
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Reason she like to do things on her own cause she wants to use her own power to protect everyone.. thats why she has trouble with Layfon cause it hard to watch someone doing what you want to do and you cant do anything about it.