AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 17:38   Link #21581
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The intervention of an independent party is an issue that I tried to bring up in the beginning. My position is that this intervention is of no consequence for what concerns Kinzo's guilt.

We can have a case A, like the one supposed by the witch hunters, where a second party used the device created by Kinzo to willingly massacre the whole family.

Then we can have a case B, when someone accidentally pushes the switch. Let's say for example that a servant pushes it while tidying the room.

Or we can have a case C, where the bomb goes off because of some kind of malfunction in the device, or because the clock falls after a earthquake and the switch turns to on.

The situations are all different, but I argue that Kinzo's fault is the same in all the 3 cases. And I can argue that some would say that in case C Kinzo would be accountable of manslaughter.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-01-19 at 17:50.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:42   Link #21582
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Or we can have a case C, where the bomb goes off because of some kind of malfunction in the device, or because the clock falls after a earthquake and the switch turns to on.
I had the impression that switch was part of the wall. Not sure about the clock though.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:50   Link #21583
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I had the impression that switch was part of the wall. Not sure about the clock though.
Quote:
The witch toyed with a switch on the top part of the antique clock.
It's on the top of the clock.

Old 2011-01-19, 17:54   Link #21584
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's on the top of the clock.
Yeah, it is at the top of the clock, but to arm the bomb the switch should be attached to the wall and connected to TNT with wiring so that the explosives ignite at midnight with a jolt of electricity. Is what I was thinking.
Old 2011-01-19, 17:58   Link #21585
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well yeah... you need a wire, but we don't actually now how long it is. It is possible that the clock isn't fixed on the wall and that there is a long lose wire that then goes into the wall.

Actually it could be the floor for what we now.

Old 2011-01-20, 09:46   Link #21586
victorino123

Does someone solved the 1-4 games? I am trying to solve it but i think someone already did this '-'
victorino123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 09:51   Link #21587
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I think for the Ep3 scene where Shannon got revived and re-died, she was killed by Eva. She just killed George and was spotted by Eva, who flew into a rage and killed her after a confrontation.

Which was portrayed by Eva-Beatrice and the Siesta Sisters(her guns) attacking Beatrice.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 09:53   Link #21588
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Who knows? Maybe someone did, but unless we have a confirmation we can't be sure of that.

You can find my explanations here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...03#post3411303

But those are just unconfirmed theories.

Old 2011-01-20, 12:24   Link #21589
Arcanis
Sticky Fingers

Send a message via MSN to Arcanis
Anyone know what this was in the end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Spoiler for The dreaded "Land of the golden witch":
Arcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:01   Link #21590
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorino123 View Post
Does someone solved the 1-4 games? I am trying to solve it but i think someone already did this '-'
Do you mean a character in the series, or an actual user on this board? If the former, the truth has been deduced and/or known by: Lambdadelta, Beatrice, Battler, and Will. Perhaps Featherine and Bernkastel as well.

If the latter....technically no. We all have theories but nothing conclusive.
Old 2011-01-20, 15:04   Link #21591
unsuspectingvisitor

this also confused me, anyone in this forum know about "land of the golden witch"?

Edit: did shannon and kanon exist in the real world? outside the game board.
unsuspectingvisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:12   Link #21592
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Land is what was supposed to come in place of EP3. Ryuukishi decided to scrap that project and create Banquet instead. Whether Land was actually written or something that was in his mind is not known, but it is known that Ryuukishi mentioned it in a few occasions.

What it's known is that Land was supposed to be "harder" than Banquet and some part of it were later cannibalized by EP6 for the most part.

In EP8 Beatrice claims that Land was a third message that she wrote but which was lost forever in the sea. She says that it was her finest work. Whether this actually reflects Ryuukishi's opinion is not clear, and at any rate Beatrice can only talk of her best among EP1-2 and this "Land". In other words even if Land was supposed to be better than EP1 and EP2, that doesn't mean it was supposed to be better than Banquet or anything that came afterwards.

Old 2011-01-20, 15:33   Link #21593
Arcanis
Sticky Fingers

Send a message via MSN to Arcanis
But what was the "extremely venomous content" that was moved to EP5? What he talked in the interview I linked above.
Arcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:53   Link #21594
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanis View Post
But what was the "extremely venomous content" that was moved to EP5? What he talked in the interview I linked above.
Well, he said that it was something that none of the characters even realized was a mystery, and it was never brought up for discussion in EP5. Considering that it's A) a new element in EP5 and B) something related to the red truth in EP6, I'd assume that he was referring to the addition of Erika to the story. The original plan for Land could have contained a similarly fictional person, if not Erika herself.
Old 2011-01-20, 17:05   Link #21595
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Edit: did shannon and kanon exist in the real world? outside the game board.
Errr...let's just say "no one knows for sure" and leave it at that. It's a messy idea. Either way, they're both figures made up by Yasu, and she pretends to be them. Whether she actually dressed up as them and said "Hi, I'm Shannon or Kanon", or just talked to them in her head, is uncertain.
Old 2011-01-20, 17:15   Link #21596
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Well, he said that it was something that none of the characters even realized was a mystery, and it was never brought up for discussion in EP5. Considering that it's A) a new element in EP5 and B) something related to the red truth in EP6, I'd assume that he was referring to the addition of Erika to the story. The original plan for Land could have contained a similarly fictional person, if not Erika herself.
Or maybe it wasn't a new element but the coming to light of an old element. After all Ryuukishi said that he wished he could say that none among the readers understood what it was. Which means that someone probably understood it already.

Following this path I can make several hypothesis:

-Shkanon
-Author theory
-A trick within the red truths (personalities can die, and so on)

Or it could be something completely different, even something that we've always taken for granted.

Old 2011-01-20, 20:39   Link #21597
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Errr...let's just say "no one knows for sure" and leave it at that. It's a messy idea. Either way, they're both figures made up by Yasu, and she pretends to be them. Whether she actually dressed up as them and said "Hi, I'm Shannon or Kanon", or just talked to them in her head, is uncertain.
yeah maybe she pretends to be them just like you said.

anyways ,i think i know whos the mastermind behind the mass murder,its Yasu.she confess it in ep7 tea party,that she plan to kill everyone if the epitapt is not solve.she didn't reveal her plan to them but i believe there's atleast 2 accomplice that help her.she use the cash card to make them her accomplice..

based on this fact,i made a theory.i think in all the ep so far,the murderer or accomplice is the pair that died on the second twilight.they pretend to be dead.
Old 2011-01-20, 23:17   Link #21598
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
anyways ,i think i know whos the mastermind behind the mass murder,its Yasu.she confess it in ep7 tea party,that she plan to kill everyone if the epitapt is not solve.she didn't reveal her plan to them but i believe there's atleast 2 accomplice that help her.she use the cash card to make them her accomplice..
Well, I think I don't agree with you here. The way the story went pretty much implied (at least to me) that Yasu probably plan the murder game (The first twilight is almost always a fake) but somebody hijack the game for whatever reason, the family went on crazy and killed each other... Yasu is hardly to be called a mastermind as nothing seemed to actually goes with her plan.

I could not swallow the Yasu mastermind theory because of...the motive, the motive! Ryukishi always talk about it, but the motive for Yasu to kill the whole family is just too artificial and...unatural for me. Yasu may be a bit airhead with all her strong imagination, but her recollection at least still shows that she's quite sane. Why did she snap and kill the whole family? Because of Battler? Because of the odd Shkanon situation (which is ridiculous on its own)?

Maybe I just miss the kind of motives we see in Higurashi. All the kids kill people while they're quite crazy, but their motives are understandable, their thoughts process is comprehensible. We could feel they're all normal people like us, and we could probably commit similar sins in the same situation, with the same negative influence.

Maybe it's just my personal option, but I just cannot swallow Yasu's motives to kill the people, if she's actually the mastermind.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:38   Link #21599
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I could not swallow the Yasu mastermind theory because of...the motive, the motive! Ryukishi always talk about it, but the motive for Yasu to kill the whole family is just too artificial and...unatural for me. Yasu may be a bit airhead with all her strong imagination, but her recollection at least still shows that she's quite sane. Why did she snap and kill the whole family? Because of Battler? Because of the odd Shkanon situation (which is ridiculous on its own)?
There is a perfectly logical motive.

And then Yasu had a meltdown
he had a meltdown
he didn't wanna
he didn't wanna
have a meltdown
but he had one!
and then he had a meltdown
he had a meltdown
well he was tryin'
really really tryin
not to have one
but he had one!
Old 2011-01-21, 02:22   Link #21600
unsuspectingvisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post

its hard to find her motive but i can see clearly that its revenge.i don't really know to why but probably because of battler's sin.