AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-21, 00:00   Link #441
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't think this is the final arc of Nurimago
but I do think this might be the final Japan arc
I also doubt that this is the end. Even though it's already chapter 115+, and there's an epic battle going on, things feel like they are only getting started.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:52   Link #442
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It does seem like it'll be the end, what with Rikuo planning to fight the person who killed his Father and all in the last battle of this current arc.

I'm just not sure what could come after the Kyoto arc would could top it, though that's one of the surprises i'd be waiting to see.
Old 2010-07-21, 16:59   Link #443
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
1. Nue could top that (I can see him running away, leaving Kitsune behind)
2. The traitor/spy in the Nura clan has the name of some Demon King (so he may become quite successful... and it seems that he might be the murderer of his father (only on re-read did I notice that he was wearing a mask)). Since Kitsune was not the only one to get that sword (Tamanazuki was the first and there is no reason to give him the sword if you serve Kitsune... especially if she wants to personally kick Nurarihyon's ass) it seems that Kitsune is just another ally/pawn he uses and we will probably see more of him

Still tough, I don't think that this manga will be as huge as Naruto, BLEACH or One Piece. The arc after Kyoto might be the last one. In any case, the Kyoto arc just doesn't have that "Final Arc" feeling IMO.

UPDATE: Oh, and since he is helping the Kitsune faction it means that he is very sure he can beat her, her army and the Nue... he either is more powerful or has a plan to become

Last edited by Nayrael; 2010-07-21 at 17:21.
Old 2010-07-22, 06:47   Link #444
Iggy_Pop

I don't think Nue will leave Kitsune. In the flashback with Ibaraki Douji, Nue was there together with Kitsune. I'm actually hoping that Nue/Seimei will have an Oedipus Complex, I'm tired of the offspring that killed his/her mother after being born. Mago probably won't get as big as the big three, but it can easily be as big as Gintama and Reborn
Old 2010-07-23, 23:04   Link #445
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Ch 116... words can't describe its awesomeness.

Kitsune is just friggin sex dynamite... hottest villain in the last decade easily.
Old 2010-07-24, 00:20   Link #446
Iggy_Pop

Nue's current form is creepy. Chapter 116 was awesome, everything start to converge, especially now that Minagoroshi Jizo and Yosuzume start making their move.

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2010-07-24 at 00:40.
Old 2010-07-24, 11:37   Link #447
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Kitsune is just friggin sex dynamite... hottest villain in the last decade easily.

Like your words in describing her. Can't wait to see her animated.
Old 2010-07-24, 14:05   Link #448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Can't wait to see her animated.
Well it's not actually certain that we will.
Old 2010-07-24, 22:33   Link #449
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
I don't think Nue will leave Kitsune. In the flashback with Ibaraki Douji, Nue was there together with Kitsune. I'm actually hoping that Nue/Seimei will have an Oedipus Complex, I'm tired of the offspring that killed his/her mother after being born. Mago probably won't get as big as the big three, but it can easily be as big as Gintama and Reborn
That seems to be the best case scenario, but it's unlikely everything will turn out perfect for Kitsune.

Since
Spoiler for 116:

I'm hoping there's some way for the series to take it easy for a while after this arc. Take the latest omake for instant,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well it's not actually certain that we will.
And I highly doubt it, as far as just this season goes. Nevermind that at the pace they're going, they'll comfortably end at around the finale of Tamazuki's arc, I believe the director also stated intentions to add extra content to the series.
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:00   Link #450
Iggy_Pop

Spoiler for Seimei:

There's going to be a second season if it's successful. With 07 Ghost getting a second season by DEEN, there's no way mago's not going to get the same treatment if it's successful.
The director only said that because he has no idea whether it's going to get a second season or not, of course he will only talk the material that he has for the first season. I'm sorry to say this, but if there's not a concrete proof, people should stop talking about this not getting second season, it's really annoying

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2010-07-24 at 23:11.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:13   Link #451
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Seimei:

There's going to be a second season if it's successful. With 07 Ghost getting a second season by DEEN, there's no way mago's not going to get the same treatment if it's successful.
The director only said that because he has no idea whether it's going to get a second season or not, of course he will only talk the material that he has for the first season. I'm sorry to say this, but if there's not a concrete proof, people should stop talking about this not getting second season, it's really annoying
I know what you mean with Nue, I simply wrote it wrongly.

And I never said anything about there won't be a 2nd season. All I meant was 'Kitsune probably won't appear in S1.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:17   Link #452
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I know what you mean with Nue, I simply wrote it wrongly.

And I never said anything about there won't be a 2nd season. All I meant was 'Kitsune probably won't appear in S1.'
Oh, ok, sorry about that. Considering Seimei's a hanyou who controlled both sides, somehow I see a parallel with Rikuo, but instead of trying to create a peaceful world for human and ayakashi, Seimei wants to create a world that he can control.
Old 2010-07-25, 02:47   Link #453
Key Board
Carbon

I've been thinking about this since I started watching the anime

we really don't know much about about Rikuo's mother do we?
Old 2010-07-25, 03:40   Link #454
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
we really don't know much about about Rikuo's mother do we?
Well, not yet anyway. I'm sure it's something the story will cover eventually.
Old 2010-07-26, 15:50   Link #455
myopius

I don't think this is the final arc, but more importantly, I hope that this isn't a series that will just do the whole "no, that person is just an underling of the real boss" thing a set X number of times before finally finishing the story.

I hope for more non-linear plot progression, like in Yu Yu Hakusho where they were able to create successive interesting arcs without directly tying them together.

So far, aside from connections with Minagoroshi Jizo and the guy who gave Tamazuki the sword, there are no links between Gyuuki, Tamazuki, and Kitsune's intentions, and that's how I like it. Rikuo facing off against many antagonists with many different motivations, learning things from each while getting stronger and growing up over time... That's my ideal story progression.

I'm very pleased to see that 115 and 116 seem to be awesome.

Anyway, over in another forum (dunno if I can say) Sama_al_Azraq was kind enough to translate some of the character data book. There's one part of an interview with Shiibashi that really stuck out to me:
Quote:
Shiibashi : The part that become a turning point for me is act 53. It's the part where Yura realize Rikuo's true nature, all went well in that part. That time, I always searching for the time to reveal Rikuo's nature, but in this part, the factors needed and how Yura feel after Shikoku arc fit in well there. After I draw this, the world of the work inside me became remarkably wider.
I definitely really loved the arc where Yura finds out, and after that, this entire Kyoto arc has been extremely good for me. Based on the whole interview, it seems like Shiibashi really didn't have it all planned out at all, and so some aspects I definitely loved more than others. But ever since the Kyoto arc, I've felt like everything is being tied together really well, with character development and intrigue all around (except for the Kiyo Cross Squad who still seem totally removed from everything).
Old 2010-07-26, 16:59   Link #456
TurquoiseThyme

We will know when the series is about to end when Kiyotsugu gets to see Night Rikuo again.

That will be the conclusion of that comic subplot, which is unlikely to end unless the manga is about to end.

Unless.........the comic support characters get developed in a later action arc........?

With Nue about to be born I don't see how this can be the final arc. Which is good since I love this manga and think it has a lot of potential to continue with interesting arcs for quite awhile.

Nightengale I too, would like to see a relaxed arc after the current arc, I want to see how Rikuo has grown and changed in the context of his human life. He has done a lot of growing, possibly merging, in this arc, both Day and Night, and I'd love to see how Yura deals with knowing the truth about him, in a non emergency situation.
Old 2010-07-26, 23:38   Link #457
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I definitely really loved the arc where Yura finds out, and after that, this entire Kyoto arc has been extremely good for me. Based on the whole interview, it seems like Shiibashi really didn't have it all planned out at all, and so some aspects I definitely loved more than others. But ever since the Kyoto arc, I've felt like everything is being tied together really well, with character development and intrigue all around (except for the Kiyo Cross Squad who still seem totally removed from everything).
Shiibasi has already retconned some of his story stuff already.

Rikuo's Kyouka Suigetsu was mentioned by one of grandpa's generals as something that had never been seen before used by previous generations, when it was retconned into a different technique that actually elementary for Nurarihyon.

Matoi is also a debatable technique, considering that we've seen that Nurarihyon has his own version of 'mark' behind his body that is shaped like a Buddhist drawing, while Rikuo is slowly tattoo-ing up his back with different proofs of fusion.

Old 2010-07-27, 04:54   Link #458
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Shiibasi has already retconned some of his story stuff already.

Rikuo's Kyouka Suigetsu was mentioned by one of grandpa's generals as something that had never been seen before used by previous generations, when it was retconned into a different technique that actually elementary for Nurarihyon.

Matoi is also a debatable technique, considering that we've seen that Nurarihyon has his own version of 'mark' behind his body that is shaped like a Buddhist drawing, while Rikuo is slowly tattoo-ing up his back with different proofs of fusion.
No, not really. Nurarihyon's tattoo is not the Matoi tattoo, it's a real yakuza tattoo. The scene where Nurarihyon showed the tattoo, Hagoromo Gitsune called her a yakuza, because the tattoo is a symbol for the yakuza in Japan not because of matoi. I really don't get why people thought it was the Matoi tatto. Nurarihyon uses Meikyo Shisui not Kyouka Suigetsu in the flashback and the fight against Muchi. Nurarihyon's power is more of an undetected movement which is the Meikyo Shisui, Kyouka Suigetsu seems to be more of an illusion movement
Old 2010-07-27, 05:02   Link #459
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
No, not really. Nurarihyon's tattoo is not the Matoi tattoo, it's a real yakuza tattoo. I really don't get why people thought it the Matoi tatto. Nurarihyon uses Meiyko Shisui not Kyouka Suigetsu
And it hasn't exactly been denied that it's not a Matoi tattoo. Matoi's only requirement so far doesn't seem to hold a necessity of being part-human, but rather simply a leader of hyakki. ( having comrades/subordinates willing to mesh fears. )

Meikyou Shisui is the offensive based technique that comes with the wine cup. We haven't seen that cup for a looooong time.

Spoiler for chapter 115:

Old 2010-07-27, 05:05   Link #460
Iggy_Pop

There's two Meikyo Shisui:
# Meikyou Shisui - Makes the enemy unaware of his presence, and shifts him to the enemy's blind spot. If Rikuo's fear is cut, the technique is dissipated.
# Ougi Meikyou Shisui, Sakura - Uses a superior yōkai sake poured into a large sakazuki cup. Burns an opponent. So long as the water continues to ripple, the flames will continue until his opponent is reduced to ash.
You should read the fight between Nurarihyon and Muchi, Nurarihyon clearly said that he uses Meikyo Shisui and I have the character data book, so I know the character's name and technique. I really think Nurarihyon never showed Kyouka Suigetsu in front of his subordinate considering he didn't use it in any of the flashback. If it was a Matoi tattoo, then I wonder why Nurarihyon never uses Matoi and every reference to Matoi seems to be connected to Rihan?

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2010-07-27 at 05:22.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen