AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 5 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 15.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-10, 11:28   Link #21
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Flit's grown on me, he's kind of a good guy at heart but he tries too hard to be a douche bag and it ends up being amusing.

anyway I'm surprised he knows Zeheart by name when they've never even exchanged words...Perhaps he read that MP's report after the graduation and put 2 and 2 together?
Old 2012-06-10, 11:34   Link #22
saqrkh

It's possible Flit found out about Zeheart through Asemu, either directly or through some diary/log left behind when Asemu went MIA.
saqrkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 11:48   Link #23
kakakka

Seeing Obright is really sad. He's like borderline insane(?), which is not against his character and it is really sad what happened to him. Flit and Kio's conflicted feelings about Asemu's return was nice to see. Yunoa is like not-family right now with her reaction, but she might have learned to build that composure being a medical personnel and all. Flit mentioning Emily is nice to hear. Seric is establishing that he is the next Algeus in this Generation.

We still haven't heard anything from Asemu about his motivation for all this. It's nice to atleast speculate though (well, you can't if you don't know what happened years ago...).
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 14:38   Link #24
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So how was that big blue MS?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 16:23   Link #25
ion475
にこにこにー

Was expecting another boring episode, then we got a cliffhanger...

1. AGE-3 didn't get kill off. I mean, they just can't let Kio died this early into HIS arc...
2. Captured Gundam, AGE-1 or AGE-3?
3. Zanald (However you spell his name), well, waiting to be kill off by Zeheart anyway. We all know that'll happen...
4. Man, Obright is downright depressing. Can't help but feel for him...
5. Of course, Flit decide to rushed out in AGE-1 again. When would he realized that that machine is old and would go nowhere...
Old 2012-06-10, 16:37   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well clearly we know where the line is drawn. No son of Flit is going to be a pirate Surprised he was bothered about telling Emily. As if Asemu becoming a pirate will bother her any more than having her husband push him into becoming a Gundam pilot in the first place.

Of course no shock that most of the reactions are positive toward Asemu being alive. At least we are getting a few more reasons along the way. With something as powerful as EXA-DB hard to just leave it in the hands of the Federation. With how constantly corrupt it is, could lead to a terrible disaster if they got their hands on it. Of course also bad for the Vegans to find it so really need the pirates to get a hold of it. Kind of scary information there since only some of it sent the Vegans into being in a state of technologically superior. Of course their grunts still suck so it didn't help them too much.

So an episode where Zeheart wasn't getting overwhelmed nor complaining about his unit not keeping up with him . Pretty close contest between both units in that case and of course hard for Kio to take on two strong units at the same time. I'd say that Flit going out there to help will be nice, but his unit is only getting more and more out of date compared to the competition. Next episode should be good.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:02   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man, what a frustrating point to end the episode on. But the AGE-3's still intact according to the next episode preview.

I don't really blame Flit for being pissed off about Asem. Certainly he's happy that he's alive, but looking at it from his point of view, his son disappeared and deserted the military, and abandoned his wife and child for thirteen years to seemingly go play space pirate. He wants to tell Emily but he doesn't know how she'd react to that particular viewpoint--she'd be happy he's alive but that's a pretty disappointing position for her son. I don't blame Flit for wondering if she'd get upset or not.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:04   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Zeheart's... bits? They just look like floating balls of light. Where's the canon part?

And what is Kio shooting? It looked like it turned. Homing beam boomerangs?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:05   Link #29
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Am I the only one who thought of the Divine Shooter/Axel Shooter at seeing the X-Transmitter's function?

And yes, Anh, that weapon looks to utilize homing beam blades for projectiles. Makes sense to use a homing weapon with a mobile suit that fast, it'd be hard to hit anyone otherwise.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:10   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Am I the only one who thought of the Divine Shooter/Axel Shooter at seeing the X-Transmitter's function?
And now I can't unsee it. Thanks a lot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:11   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You're quite welcome. :k
Old 2012-06-10, 17:39   Link #32
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

EXA-DB->Dark histroy from Turn A?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:46   Link #33
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
EXA-DB->Dark histroy from Turn A?
Eh, I don't think so. It's just military data, not a giant history book about the past wars.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:51   Link #34
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh wow so during the war the Federation was just sitting out while the colonies duked it out amongst themselves and then sealed the data.

Quote:
Eh, I don't think so. It's just military data, not a giant history book about the past wars.
It's like putting Sun Tzu's the Art of War, every possible build order and tactics from Starcraft 1/2, equipment and weaponry into a storage bank.

Though if Ezcelant was researching it 80 years ago, given how effective his infilitration tactics were, wouldn't it have made sense to manipulate the Federation (whose resources and manpower are greater than the Vagans) to find it? I mean by starting a war he's diverting resources that could go into finding it to fighting another enemy.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:55   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's nothing to say he isn't already having sleeper agents and spies in the Federation do so, but if he only goes down that route, that means BOTH sides get the data and then the whole purpose of finding the EXA-DB becomes moot because there's still a balance of power with both sides having the same technological level.
Old 2012-06-10, 19:29   Link #36
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
They might as well rename this show Mobile Suit Gundam: Battletech - Clan Invasion. There are so many parallels it's ridiculous
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 19:56   Link #37
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

So an episode where Zeheart wasn't getting overwhelmed nor complaining about his unit not keeping up with him . Pretty close contest between both units in that case and of course hard for Kio to take on two strong units at the same time. I'd say that Flit going out there to help will be nice, but his unit is only getting more and more out of date compared to the competition. Next episode should be good.
LOL It wasn't even a contest. Kio was getting kicked all over the place and didn't land a single hit on Zeheart, who didn't even break a sweat.
Old 2012-06-10, 20:08   Link #38
Liquidzero

i wonder if the age PDA has some of the EXA-DB in it. it's been featured so prominently within the OP/ED, more so than the age builder, well the age builder isn't that great to look at.
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:45   Link #39
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Man, what a frustrating point to end the episode on. But the AGE-3's still intact according to the next episode preview.

I don't really blame Flit for being pissed off about Asem. Certainly he's happy that he's alive, but looking at it from his point of view, his son disappeared and deserted the military, and abandoned his wife and child for thirteen years to seemingly go play space pirate. He wants to tell Emily but he doesn't know how she'd react to that particular viewpoint--she'd be happy he's alive but that's a pretty disappointing position for her son. I don't blame Flit for wondering if she'd get upset or not.
Romary doesn't seem to exist in Flit's mind....
Flit is really biased against Asemu and everything he does.
But in this case, he really has the right to be angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Flit's grown on me, he's kind of a good guy at heart but he tries too hard to be a douche bag and it ends up being amusing.

anyway I'm surprised he knows Zeheart by name when they've never even exchanged words...Perhaps he read that MP's report after the graduation and put 2 and 2 together?
About this, they fought each other back in Gen 2, and he was using a pretty unique suit, pretty sure Flit would have checked up on all of Veigan's top men.

Last edited by Meltyred; 2012-06-10 at 21:05.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:06   Link #40
larethian

Well, it's funny, cos with Flit's brains, he should be able to reason out that there should be a compelling reason for Asemu to suddenly 'desert' and become a pirate. I mean, before his last mission, his son was just born and he's pretty much got a life ahead of him, so it will be quite nonsensical for him to just go 'play' pirate on a whim. Flit should at least be able to think of that......

Incidentally, speaking of Romary, not sure whether anyone mentioned it before (I'm sure there are others who already know), but Asemu and Romary's romance story got a drama CD treatment. Surprisingly, they probably got the 'most' development out of all 3 gens, since I can't see any possibility of Kio x Wendy going further unless we get a time skip.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote