AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-28, 10:04   Link #161
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
What do you think - does she wear a slip under that shirt?
I don't think so
Spoiler:
Well, the figurines have arrived and ...

I'm feeling like that pervert kid Sasahara from Genshiken here

Well, I hate to dissapoint you (and me ) but both Rei and Asuka are wearing panties
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 18:07   Link #162
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well, the figurines have arrived and ...

I'm feeling like that pervert kid Sasahara from Genshiken here

Well, I hate to dissapoint you (and me ) but both Rei and Asuka are wearing panties
Aww... how sad
Since they already wear no bras, and since the shirt covers the "nether region" already, there was really no need for a slip
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 07:22   Link #163
LynnieS

For those who have - or get - the January 2005 issue of "Afternoon" manga, it comes with a mini figure of Skuld and apparently completes the set. Quality-wise, honestly - not all that great, but what do you expect from a gimme in a serial manga?

If I'm reading the ad correctly, from the magazine, however, they're going to reissue the figures in both a regular and limited editions.

Belldandy on 21 January.
Urd on 23 February.
Skuld on 23 March.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 21:07   Link #164
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
For those who have - or get - the January 2005 issue of "Afternoon" manga, it comes with a mini figure of Skuld and apparently completes the set. Quality-wise, honestly - not all that great, but what do you expect from a gimme in a serial manga?
Got any pics of it?
Old 2004-12-01, 10:59   Link #165
Darkoniknight

Yeah I wouldnt mind looking at the pics too. Anyhow does anyone know which figure or statue is best to get this year for christmas? Trying to get one for a friend, hes basically into every type of anime. Whats the newest statue or figure that just came out this past month or year?
Darkoniknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 12:44   Link #166
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoniknight
Yeah I wouldnt mind looking at the pics too. Anyhow does anyone know which figure or statue is best to get this year for christmas? Trying to get one for a friend, hes basically into every type of anime. Whats the newest statue or figure that just came out this past month or year?
Well if you want X-mas figurines, I just got me these two a week or two ago, the NGE X-mas figurines
They are 22 cm high, and they look just as great in reality
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-01, 16:17   Link #167
Darkoniknight

Exactly how much did you pay the set? I would try to get them if there was a store carrying them around my area. Might have gotten them but none of the anime stores that I know of carry them yet.
Darkoniknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 18:06   Link #168
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well if you want X-mas figurines, I just got me these two a week or two ago, the NGE X-mas figurines
They are 22 cm high, and they look just as great in reality
Spoiler:
Those are indeed clearly better than last year's
Old 2004-12-01, 18:20   Link #169
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoniknight
Exactly how much did you pay the set? I would try to get them if there was a store carrying them around my area. Might have gotten them but none of the anime stores that I know of carry them yet.
I payed them 16 euro each
Old 2004-12-02, 06:44   Link #170
LK_LoA

Vanilla!
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/item/10/...el_vanira.html
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 07:12   Link #171
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems a waste of this thread for people to simply post links to pictures on the websites where these figures are sold. Anyone can find those with google. To get things back to being a bit more interesting, here are two more sets that my friend NineSenshi just acquired.

First, Fullmetal Alchemist:

These are really nice. It's not surpising that they put the most work into Ed and Al, but many of the others look great also, though I think that they could have done better with Winly.

Now something a trifle more amusing. If you look closely at this set you might notice that two of them were seen on a recent fansubbed episode. Here is C-Model's Ace Heroine collection:

He didn't collect the entire set, but the ones he did collect (including the secret figure) are quite nice.
Spoiler for where you might have noticed two of these models:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 07:54   Link #172
wao
OK.

Heh, I thought when you meant "recent fansubbed episode" you meant Natsumi and Keroro from Keroro Gunsou... Since when was Keroro an Ace Heroine? Hmph...

The models from the 2nd set look quite a bit better than the first one, to me they seem more "finished" and have sharper edges and somewhat better poses...

I especially like the pink hair of whoever that is (is she from DearS?), Keroro and Natusmi's gun.

As for the FMA set Armstrong has an odd expression on his face, IMO - he looks somewhat thoughtful and reflective and the pose doesn't really fit... What's that weird thing coming out of Ed's hadn, though? Well, I really like his face and hair... but IMO the worst of those is the Roy one, at least from this angle his head looks horribly wrong. T_T How could they do that to Roy..
Old 2004-12-02, 08:48   Link #173
LynnieS

Quote:
Got any pics of it?
Here you go. I had other photos that I want to take and didn't want to do the work twice.

Size-wise, the photo is a little over 600 KB.

Edit - Wow. Turning the image counterclockwise increased it by 100 KB.

Old 2004-12-02, 17:56   Link #174
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
What's that weird thing coming out of Ed's hadn, though? Well, I really like his face and hair...
That's his cloak. He's stylishly whipping it off.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-02, 18:41   Link #175
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Now something a trifle more amusing. If you look closely at this set you might notice that two of them were seen on a recent fansubbed episode. Here is C-Model's Ace Heroine collection:

He didn't collect the entire set, but the ones he did collect (including the secret figure) are quite nice.
I really like these figures (except for that stupid frog thing). The outfit of the gray-haired girl is quite interesting (two times the same, isn't she?), but the gray hair looks damn freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Here you go. I had other photos that I want to take and didn't want to do the work twice.

Size-wise, the photo is a little over 600 KB.

Edit - Wow. Turning the image counterclockwise increased it by 100 KB.
Nice, but the outfit is way too conservative for me
btw, cropping the figure appropiately from the empty background (without reducing the image size) reduced file size to 10%! (still 80% quality)
Old 2004-12-02, 19:15   Link #176
LynnieS

Quote:
Nice, but the outfit is way too conservative for me
btw, cropping the figure appropiately from the empty background (without reducing the image size) reduced file size to 10%! (still 80% quality)
I don't do Photoshop well... and since a macro lens is on my wishlist, I should be able to get closer with my camera and not have it refuse the shot.

Back onto topic. Does anyone have a good resource for building resin models? There are pages out there, but none that I've found is geared for beginners.

Old 2004-12-03, 09:37   Link #177
Alterscape

Looking for Photos of Gasaraki Raiden Model Kit

Hi all,
I'm interested in building a 3d mesh of the Raiden Tactical Armor for a half-life 2 mod I'm tinkering with, but I can't find much in the way of good reference photos online. Bandai released an incredibly detailed 1/35th kit back in 1998, but I can't find any for sale on ebay or anywhere else these days. If anyone here is in posession of such a kit, I'd be greatly appreciative if you could snap a few high-res images from all sides for reference material.. Alternatively, if anyone knows where to buy this kit these days, that'd be useful too.. ^^;
Alterscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 00:17   Link #178
SoupForInsanity
Kawaiiiiii

Send a message via AIM to SoupForInsanity Send a message via MSN to SoupForInsanity
I`m an exchange student in japan at the moment and I have become in love with gashapon. I don`t have a lot yet, but I like them. They`re just little collectables, and in my opinion the trading arts type figures arent worth the money if you`r ejust buying them off the shelf. they`re expensive, the figures aren`t THAT big, and you`ll waste a lot more money when you get extras (maybe 700 yen) than if you get extras with gashapon (100 or 200 yen) so it`s perfect for price for me

The series I usually go for are what interests me. I first started collecting the little fullmetal alchemist series (chibi form) and then I found out about the other two non-chibidized sets. I`m probably going for the first and might just leave out the second because the second one doesn`t quite.. appeal to me. And I`m trying to find a machine around here that sells the first card captor sakura series that came out this year. Currently collecting the second.
Extras are fun `cause when I go back to the US I can give them to my friends since I`m cheap and dumb. tehe.

Staying away from the "sexy" ones which there are too much of. I wish I could get that 4-set of digi charat but I dont think that will happen. want some of the chobits ones Ive seen too. Gigantic breasts and underwear flashing just.. don`t look good on a shelf. in my opinion.
SoupForInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 03:39   Link #179
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Time for more pictures from NineSenshi's collection~! Here is his set of Berserk figures. These are all from the same manufacturer even though there are half a dozen figures of Gutts alone. (They did a figure of Guts for each story arc.)

First, this is the whole set together. A lot of them, eh?

That was waaay too crowded so I took another photo of just the figures from the Band of the Hawk days.

Then I took a photo of the figures that belong to the prologue and the story after the end of the anime.

Honestly there were still too many crowded together in that third picture and I should have split them up a bit more, but I felt it was good enough.

Unfortunately the quality of figures varies widely in this set. Some are absolutely incredible. Beautifully rendered, moving visors, posable arms, perfectly balanced. Others were are not fortunate. Some didn't balance as well and a few were a bit vaguely detailed. Overall they are a really nice set though.

Old 2004-12-04, 20:25   Link #180
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

My ass, that are surely a lot of figures...
I'm not very interested in Beserk, I'd rather spend my money on some cute girls (preferrably scantily clad)