AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-26, 02:24   Link #61
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Be real. Alaska alone cannot supply the need of oil for US. You are just having a dig at US for no apparent reason.
And so the SEA can supply the gas China needs? In comparison, that dig was warranted for.

China is just showing of their milpeen to make the states lose confidence in US one by one, since it knows it can't beat the SEA + 5-PDA + US combined. Not unless Singapore gets subverted and there goes their air support.

They just want the entire SEA so they can make trade deals that favour them around the world. Look at the value and volume of the trade ports here; even the British had second thoughts about giving up their colonies in Malaysia and Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
nah

me thinks the worst case scenario is will end up like the incident that happened in 1996... that's when USN 7th fleet was deployed to Taiwan straight to spook Mainland China and show full support to Taiwan like US does to Israel.
What makes you think that China won't hestitate to arm their ASBMs this time? It is different from 1996.....China has a stronger military now with copied or stolen tech from all round the world, it can give more pain to US than the previous stalemate.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:29   Link #62
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If only we can deal with international politics by trolling it through like internet...

Then Philipines firstly only need to put the claim on Hainan island as part of their territories. Then after going through decades of swearing and strawman-ing each others, agree to settle with Scarborogh Reef in exchange for China's right in claiming Hainan....

Peacefully solved.
Strangely enough, that's sort of similar to one strategy Koreans adopted on the issue of Dokdo: They claim Tsushima is Korean territory based on it being conquered by Sejong of Joseon and the constant tribute paying right up to the Meiji era.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:42   Link #63
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
they were talking about the standoff over the island and were calling the Filipinos "a country that can't export anything but maids". Of course, they stopped short at insulting the local Chinese calling them "Chinese not to be considered as Chinese" and quickly left.
Quote:
China has a stronger military now with copied or stolen tech from all round the world,
Your double standard is pretty hilarious.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:57   Link #64
flying ^

speaking of Philippine exports... they do export boatloads of quality (not 'quality' as used in mainland china) nurses, teachers and seamen (seamen especially... most sought after around the world for low price/high skill AND English skills)
Old 2012-04-26, 03:00   Link #65
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Given the number of new materials they have build ''under licence'' ( mostly russian one) and the one the technology was provided by spying/hacking, I have to say than his second claim is fact.
Old 2012-04-26, 03:08   Link #66
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure SaintessHeart was talking about what the "expatriates" were saying in the first quote. How can it be a double standard when the first quote is just a quotation and the second quote is an opinion/statement?
Old 2012-04-26, 03:59   Link #67
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm pretty sure SaintessHeart was talking about what the "expatriates" were saying in the first quote. How can it be a double standard when the first quote is just a quotation and the second quote is an opinion/statement?
Basically, there are two stereotypes, a couple of Chinese thinking Filipinos "a country that can't export anything but maids", and his opinion that the Chinese can not produce anything except by "stealing or copying". One has the freedom to believe one of them is a fact. However, I believe both of them are wrong (stereotypes), and those who accepts one and criticizes the other are hypocrites.
Old 2012-04-26, 04:07   Link #68
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Basically, there are two stereotypes, a couple of Chinese thinking Filipinos "a country that can't export anything but maids", and his opinion that the Chinese can not produce anything except by "stealing or copying". One has the freedom to believe one of them is a fact. However, I believe both of them are wrong (stereotypes), and those who accepts one and criticizes the other are hypocrites.
I'm pretty sure you're overinterpreting by thinking he accepts one and criticizes the other.

And I can truly say that most of the "cutting edge" Chinese technology are actual copies and not derivatives, which even the Chinese recognizes. About the only thing truly not copied from any source are ballistic missiles.
Old 2012-04-26, 04:40   Link #69
Seitsuki
Onee!

Copied or not, they (should) work just fine. In fact, possibly even better. These are things which are meant to explode for once, after all.

Whenever I see this topic I get hit with a hefty does of my country right or wrong.. I mean I love my country, and my people, it's not our fault that we're saddled with a bunch of asshats/idiots/both for our government. Well, not entirely our fault.

...and well, that situation isn't exactly unique to us either..
Old 2012-04-26, 04:42   Link #70
judasmartel
*Author

"My country, right or wrong?", indeed.
Old 2012-04-26, 04:48   Link #71
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you're overinterpreting by thinking he accepts one and criticizes the other.

And I can truly say that most of the "cutting edge" Chinese technology are actual copies and not derivatives, which even the Chinese recognizes. About the only thing truly not copied from any source are ballistic missiles.
I am not sure where the over interpreting is since he is clearly criticizing as shown here:
Quote:
they stopped short at insulting the local Chinese.....
Not only he was criticizing, he also set up some targets by himself, and fired at those, too.
The other part is basically his original words, of course he accept those.

It is partially true that China has incorporated many foreign tech (one way or another), it is also partially true that Philippine export many domestic helpers to HK and Taiwan. However, when one use those partial truth to describe the whole thing, it become a stereotype.

I am no expert on military techs, and I am not going to spend all day googling and argue which tech is copied and which is not. For me it is common sense that those involve very complex systems, and if all of them are copied or stolen, then there is a self-contradiction in itself that the other nations can produce cutting edge techs, but fail miserably at inventing the tech or system to safe guards their secretes.
Old 2012-04-26, 06:24   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
speaking of Philippine exports... they do export boatloads of quality (not 'quality' as used in mainland china) nurses, teachers and seamen (seamen especially... most sought after around the world for low price/high skill AND English skills)
Irony : China DOES export quality. Only if it is QC-ed in Shanghai. Most computer part retailers told me that they only take stuff that are quality checked in Shanghai.

And please don't count the foreigners in export/import units. They are foreign workers if they are just there to provide labourial or domestic services. If they work as advisory or managerial role they are foreign expatriates. Only when ALL of them of the SAME nationality working overseas cause the SAME kind of trouble WITH UTTER DISREGARD TO THE HOST COUNTRY'S NORMS AND CULTURE, then right is granted to call them low-quality labour import/export [/sarcasm].

Quote:

Reversed engineered from Russian antiship missiles and sized up?

Quote:
I am not sure where the over interpreting is since he is clearly criticizing as shown here:

Not only he was criticizing, he also set up some targets by himself, and fired at those, too.
The other part is basically his original words, of course he accept those.
Actually I have no idea what you are nitpicking about with the "accepting" and "criticising" factors of "stereotypes"; the only two stereotypes of Chinese in our region I have observed are the mainland-expatriate "CCP dogs" (中国的小狗) perceived by the local end - "greedy, selfish, and piggybagging China's rise as a world power", and the "Yankee dogs" (洋人的小狗) and perceived by the other - "traitorious, self-centred foreign Chinese who would side and listen to Caucasian masters than their mainland Chinese counterparts".

In the end, it just adds another degratory stereotypical trait to being a Chinese : 死爱面子. Whether it be dogs from the CCP or Yankee side, other races view us Chinese as people who would do anything to preserve personal image. Some Chinese quote it as honor, but IMO, honor and image are two different things.

Sucks to live in a multiracial country and have your own countrymen branding you negatively with people of the same race, but from a foreign land, that you have never met before and has a totally different set of values.

Quote:
It is partially true that China has incorporated many foreign tech (one way or another), it is also partially true that Philippine export many domestic helpers to HK and Taiwan. However, when one use those partial truth to describe the whole thing, it become a stereotype.
How is a thief and a belittler the same stereotype?

Oh yeah. Chinese. I think we all just shot ourselves in our foots. Paradoxically, they can be the same people, or they can be different people. At that time, they are the type of expats I meet almost all the time - thinking that China's power gives them the right to belittle others and steal technology and papers in hope that the Chinese government will pay them handsomely.

Come to think of it, this lousy argument on semantics with you made me realised that China is actually a big market for technology and patented processes, especially those that will help strengthen each factory's productivity and output to own the shit out of the world economy. Volume of output actually dictates the amount of money they make, and to make more money, they are just sourcing for cheap labour and stolen processes which they don't have to pay license fees for, so they could reduce operation costs.

Looks like Big Corp is the only winner here. FOL.

Quote:
I am no expert on military techs, and I am not going to spend all day googling and argue which tech is copied and which is not. For me it is common sense that those involve very complex systems, and if all of them are copied or stolen, then there is a self-contradiction in itself that the other nations can produce cutting edge techs, but fail miserably at inventing the tech or system to safe guards their secretes.
I believe as a Chinese, you are familiar with the quote 家贼难防. These complex systems are stolen by means of blueprints smuggled out of the countries building them.

Given the fact that firms developing such tech are outsourcing their labour elsewhere to save cost, not surprising that the Chinese had an amalgamation of almost every tech from around the world through this. I can't wait for the day when the country gets taken over by a retard who uses the tech to "secure the second island chain"; it will be World War 3.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-26 at 06:56.
Old 2012-04-26, 14:16   Link #73
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Of course, they stopped short at insulting the local Chinese calling them "Chinese not to be considered as Chinese" and quickly left.
(slightly off-topic): Reminds of how Peninsular (read: homeland-born) Spaniards look down at their Insular brethren (Spaniards born in their colonies), sometimes with contempt.
Old 2012-04-26, 15:23   Link #74
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
(slightly off-topic): Reminds of how Peninsular (read: homeland-born) Spaniards look down at their Insular brethren (Spaniards born in their colonies), sometimes with contempt.
You can find of such behavior everywhere. I just have to think how some of the resident of the Rest Of Canada (ROC) are still thinking of the Quebec (especialy of the french-speacker).
Old 2012-04-27, 00:33   Link #75
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/china-vows-...174913465.html
Old 2012-04-27, 09:33   Link #76
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Considering that a fifth of humanity is Han Chinese, I don't think you can realistically brand them all with one stereotype. For one thing, not all Han Chinese even speak the same language. There'll be plenty of stuff shared in common (much the way european share a lot in common), but there'll be a lot more that's not. Even more so when you compare expatriate chinese groups with one another. How much will Singaporean chinese and Chinese Americans have in common besides an affection for stir-fries and rice? About as much as Irish and Irish-Americans, which is not a whole lot.

As for the Philipines, I have to verify that they do export a lot of foreign workers. A considerable portion of Ireland's nurses are from the Philipines.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:34   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You guys around Singapore are fcked. I finally found the article I was looking for a long time.

Spoiler for For those who can't access Wikileaks:

So all these pro-China stuff (including the fcking China Cultural Center) is actually to allay a takeover? Bad move, they already taken over us with the number of PRs!

Despite me having reservations against the government, at least they are sensible......

Spoiler for More:

So I might be right actually about the TPP, we signed it because we wanted US support against China in this region, at the expense of media freedom and letting those robber barons run over us.

That aside, I wonder if this confrontation is meant to draw attention away from the slowing economy, CCP internal power grab, and "state companies" evicting farmers from their land or draining polluted liquids into their farmlands. Looks like a repeat of the Argentine-British Conflict.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-27 at 14:51. Reason: Maybe we locals actually asked for it by being meek, suffering in silence & not lynching the next rude foreign trash we meet.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:48   Link #78
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
That aside, I wonder if this confrontation is meant to draw attention away from the slowing economy, CCP internal power grab, and "state companies" evicting farmers from their land or draining polluted liquids into their farmlands. Looks like a repeat of the Argentine-British Conflict.
No. To achieve the said effects, the event must be sensitive to nationalists. Disputes in South China Sea do not really qualify. They lack the significance and historic animosity that Diaoyu/Senkaku dispute has.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:43   Link #79
PzIVf3

I love those guys for getting serious.

Quote:
MANILA — Philippine Navy (PN) flag-officer-in charge Vice Admiral Alexander Pama on Thursday expressed optimism that the contracts for the service's two multi-role vessels (MRVs) will be signed by July this year.

With the expected signing of this vital document, the contracting shipbuilder can proceed ahead with the construction of the above-mentioned ships as per design specification of the Philippine government.

The acquisition cost for the two MRVs is estimated to be worth P10 billion.

Pama said that the two vessels would greatly increase the PN's patrolling and disaster relief mission capabilities as the proposed
ships are capable of cruising even at the heaviest seas,aside from being equipped with helicopters and and LCMs, allowing them easy access to calamity-stricken communities.

Aside from the MRVs contract, the PN chief stated that the contract for the three brand-new helicopters for the naval service will also be signed by the end of the year, giving the command's air arm new equipment to fulfill its mandate of patrolling and securing Philippine maritime sovereignty.

(Zamboa Times)
This is the chance for the Philippine to buy some airforce
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10551978
Quote:
Air Force to retire 250 aircraft and fighter jets

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-04-27 at 22:58.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:54   Link #80
judasmartel
*Author

Oh Lord. I smell war coming our way.
Closed Thread