AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-01, 19:20   Link #401
Raymondjram

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Nah. Onimonogatari will do that for you, not Kizu.
I know what Onimonogatari has, and I can narrate the whole story here. But you will only see what happened 400 years ago with her first love. Koyomi is her second love. It began in Kizu and it was interrupted at the end of Kizu. As a small girl without power, she was angry at him in Bake, and only spoke the first time to Koyomi in Neko Black when he was bowing (kowtow) to her and asking for her help to stop Black Hanekawa. Later in Nise she spoke again at the bath scene, and one of the first thing she said was that she will never forgive him (for not killing her in Kizu) and he will not forgive her. She menaced him by saying that she can kill him when he isn't expecting her.

So that relationship grew back in Nise and in latter stories, especially in Kabuki. But I wish to see in anime how it all started, and that is Kizumonogatari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanekawa View Post
Oni and Neko:Shiro take place at the same time, not Kabuki and Neko:Shiro.
That is very true. Oni (which has begun last week) will answer the questions in Neko: Shiro about Koyomi whereabouts and his mystic messages to Kanbaru first, and later to
Tsubasa and Hitagi. It will also explain the origin of the “Kokorowatari” blade that Koyomi used in both Neko stories, and how Shinobu has it.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-11-01 at 19:29. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Raymondjram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 20:25   Link #402
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I know what Onimonogatari has, and I can narrate the whole story here. But you will only see what happened 400 years ago with her first love. Koyomi is her second love. It began in Kizu and it was interrupted at the end of Kizu. As a small girl without power, she was angry at him in Bake, and only spoke the first time to Koyomi in Neko Black when he was bowing (kowtow) to her and asking for her help to stop Black Hanekawa. Later in Nise she spoke again at the bath scene, and one of the first thing she said was that she will never forgive him (for not killing her in Kizu) and he will not forgive her. She menaced him by saying that she can kill him when he isn't expecting her.

So that relationship grew back in Nise and in latter stories, especially in Kabuki. But I wish to see in anime how it all started, and that is Kizumonogatari.

That is very true. Oni (which has begun last week) will answer the questions in Neko: Shiro about Koyomi whereabouts and his mystic messages to Kanbaru first, and later to
Tsubasa and Hitagi. It will also explain the origin of the “Kokorowatari” blade that Koyomi used in both Neko stories, and how Shinobu has it.
No, not first love. Although she called him as such in Oni it is evident that they were not in such a relationship. She merely did that to make Araragi jealous. The first didn't like her and she was not exactly gonna destroy the world for him.

I don't know if Kissshot liked anymore before Araragi but the first definitely wasn't it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 22:12   Link #403
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post

Man,
I have read kizu and oni and there is no first love, none at all (I don't know whether you have read them both or not but based on your reply I assumed that you have read kizu). She did not fall in love with any one before, not even Araragi. That is merely a master-servant relationship, a very loyal one.

No, I personally think that she wouldn't have the desire to kill Araragi anymore since Oni--You will understand my point as you have finish reading or watching Shinobu's past portion of the arc.

Anyway, I see a pattern here where people are too uplifted by Kizu arc than everything else. Well, it is not bad though but there is more in Monogatari than just Kizu arc. Now I am eager to watch Ougi Formula adaptation rather than Kizu.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 20:24   Link #404
redgrnbluylw

Okay, so I got a question for anybody who sort of understands Nisio's mind as a writer:

In the first season of the novels (Kizu-Nise), why did Nisio make the characters face the specific kaii that they did? Why, for example, have Hitagi deal with the crab god? Why have Hanekawa embody the Sawari Neko? Japanese mythology was a huge influence, I understand. Or perhaps he made these kaii up?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 05:03   Link #405
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Okay, so I got a question for anybody who sort of understands Nisio's mind as a writer:

In the first season of the novels (Kizu-Nise), why did Nisio make the characters face the specific kaii that they did? Why, for example, have Hitagi deal with the crab god? Why have Hanekawa embody the Sawari Neko? Japanese mythology was a huge influence, I understand. Or perhaps he made these kaii up?
He made them up. Well, there is a Japanese fable about a crab and a monkey, but the rest are unrelated to each other.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 05:54   Link #406
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
He made them up. Well, there is a Japanese fable about a crab and a monkey, but the rest are unrelated to each other.
I can see how making them up would be convenient for him as a writer. I do know, however, that the Monkey's Paw is real: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey's_Paw
Old 2013-11-03, 05:59   Link #407
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
I can see how making them up would be convenient for him as a writer. I do know, however, that the Monkey's Paw is real: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey's_Paw
The Monkey Paw is the subject of a horror short story, but in Kanbaru's case it was not the monkey paw but the rainy devil

Same for Hanekawa: even if it was based on the myth of the bakeneko, it was not a traditional bakeneko. It's all invented.
Old 2013-11-03, 20:21   Link #408
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
The Monkey Paw is the subject of a horror short story, but in Kanbaru's case it was not the monkey paw but the rainy devil

Same for Hanekawa: even if it was based on the myth of the bakeneko, it was not a traditional bakeneko. It's all invented.
So, yeah, he made a lot of stuff up. Thanks for your answers!
Old 2014-02-25, 09:18   Link #409
MagicDrop

Ok I have a few questions here. I just finished watching the 12th episode and I hear it's not really the end that there was a 13-15th episode but I can't seem to find it.
My few questions. Shinobu is a child vampire but was she the one who attacked Araragi? If not why are they connected? Also Why did he have to get beat so badly is the apparition was only trying to get back to Araragi's gf? I didn't understand why he was sent in to fight.
MagicDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 10:14   Link #410
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDrop View Post
Ok I have a few questions here. I just finished watching the 12th episode and I hear it's not really the end that there was a 13-15th episode but I can't seem to find it.
My few questions. Shinobu is a child vampire but was she the one who attacked Araragi? If not why are they connected? Also Why did he have to get beat so badly is the apparition was only trying to get back to Araragi's gf? I didn't understand why he was sent in to fight.
13-15th episode were released separately before, as web episodes.
If you cannot find it on the net, there is always a legal way to get it: Purchase the dvd or bluray.

As for your other questions, it will be (have been) answered in the later seasons; Nisemonogatari (still considered as the 1st season installment) and Monogatari Second Season. The series will continue to its third season once the last novel volume is released.

As for Araragi-Shinobu connection, this is told in Kizumonogatari which will be adapted into a film. You can read the translation of the novel somewhere in the internet. The continuation about their bonding will be further told in the Second and Third Season.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 14:08   Link #411
MagicDrop

Ah ok thank you for the info. I'm surprised I can't find the 13-15th episode as I didn't watch the show illegally I watched it on their youtube channel.
MagicDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 14:27   Link #412
blazerdrive09

I have a couple questions as well about whats going on, i have been reading the series and have watched all the anime already out and I've been hearing rumors about hitagi dying in the latest volume owarimonogatari 3 and things of that nature. I really want to know if it is true or not because I would think there would be a lot of rage or stuff online if this is true. Im so confused at the moment what is going on lately in the final saga of the series since they haven't translated them yet or made a anime about it yet. I just hope hitagi is alive.

Spoiler for info about novel from another site don't know if true or not if it is true it is a spolier:

Last edited by blazerdrive09; 2014-05-25 at 14:31. Reason: add more info about rumor
blazerdrive09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 19:34   Link #413
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerdrive09 View Post
I have a couple questions as well about whats going on, i have been reading the series and have watched all the anime already out and I've been hearing rumors about hitagi dying in the latest volume owarimonogatari 3 and things of that nature. I really want to know if it is true or not because I would think there would be a lot of rage or stuff online if this is true. Im so confused at the moment what is going on lately in the final saga of the series since they haven't translated them yet or made a anime about it yet. I just hope hitagi is alive.

Spoiler for info about novel from another site don't know if true or not if it is true it is a spolier:
Ah...I'm pretty sure Zoku isn't out yet. I think these people got confused with the speculations of Shikijin.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 20:23   Link #414
blazerdrive09

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Ah...I'm pretty sure Zoku isn't out yet. I think these people got confused with the speculations of Shikijin.
So what I've been hearing is not true? So is hitagi still alive in the latest volumes out? also is Zoku the official last volume of the series? thanks
Old 2014-05-26, 00:10   Link #415
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerdrive09 View Post
So what I've been hearing is not true? So is hitagi still alive in the latest volumes out? also is Zoku the official last volume of the series? thanks
Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-26, 03:09   Link #416
Shikijin

These looks like fake spoilers. I cannot even find the cover of zokuowarimonogatari (続終物語) anywhere. I know it is possible that some Chinese got their copies early from illegal leaks, but most likely you have just been trolled.
Old 2014-05-26, 14:48   Link #417
blazerdrive09

Phew, i thought i was. Thanks.
Old 2014-06-18, 18:08   Link #418
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Can anyone tell me how should approach this series? considering what is said and what is actually done on screen, it is somewhat easy to misinterpret the series. There also appears to be the wrong way to interpret this series. Is there a right to interpret this series?
Old 2014-10-16, 15:23   Link #419
bosskardo

Hi
I watched Monogatari and it was great.
I found there are also Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekemonogatari. Is there a place where all the different series are listed (one that is updated when new ones come out)? And also, there seem to be more series related to Monogatari?

Thanks

Last edited by bosskardo; 2014-10-19 at 04:12.
bosskardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 18:41   Link #420
Gahara

Hello, sorry for the bump.

I'd like to know if anyone can recognize the characters from the Tsukimonogatari ending credits. They appear at the VERY start of it.

Ones I found and recognize or maybe recognize.
Spoiler:

Ones I'm not familiar with
Spoiler:

I wonder if these are cameos from Nisio Isin's latest light novel Okitegami Kyoko no Bobiroku. Anyone else know or think they know who they are?
Gahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a