AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-18, 04:42   Link #6201
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Hey. I don't post long that much...

I've been on. Just not logged in.

I'm waiting for updates.

Totally agree that Misaki + Touma are most likely not childhood friends. Friends perhaps. Also, I think that they may have been in a similar situation to how Touma + Mikoto orignally started off after the Sisters arc given as to how much she seems to like him.

Though I don't get why she didn't go to see Touma that much if she seems to like him so much more recently every time she sees him.

Anyway, I waited a while and re-watched the arc (Railgun S ending). It isn't Kamachi's style per-say, it's way way too light-hearted and it explained away at least a few details, but otherwise was at least fun to watch (for me).

I'm hoping season 3 does it right with two canon arcs...

These chapters are coming out too slowly, it's making me sad
Old 2013-11-18, 06:58   Link #6202
Draco Spirit

They might work with the Light Novels material I think, in fact wasn't there a bit in the last episode where Liberal Arts City was mentioned?
Old 2013-11-18, 18:46   Link #6203
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
They might work with the Light Novels material I think, in fact wasn't there a bit in the last episode where Liberal Arts City was mentioned?
Liberal Arts City is one of the two Railgun light novel side stories.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:14   Link #6204
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

I'm waiting for updates.

Totally agree that Misaki + Touma are most likely not childhood friends. Friends perhaps. Also, I think that they may have been in a similar situation to how Touma + Mikoto orignally started off after the Sisters arc given as to how much she seems to like him.

Though I don't get why she didn't go to see Touma that much if she seems to like him so much more recently every time she sees him.

Anyway, I waited a while and re-watched the arc (Railgun S ending). It isn't Kamachi's style per-say, it's way way too light-hearted and it explained away at least a few details, but otherwise was at least fun to watch (for me).

Great to see you again Dniv anyways i haven't watched the railgun S filler episodes yet besides 17 but im still going to complete the series and need to watch the Raildex movie as well.
Old 2013-11-18, 19:59   Link #6205
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

I'm waiting for updates.

Whether if they're childhood friends or not, I don't mind if they met each other in a similar way of Touma x Mikoto. But make sure it's appropriate with their past relationship as well as her love for Touma. To be honest, I actually wasn't being serious of Touma x Misaki speculations. So I hope you guys understand.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:50   Link #6206
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Whether if they're childhood friends or not, I don't mind if they met each other in a similar way of Touma x Mikoto. But make sure it's appropriate with their past relationship as well as her love for Touma. To be honest, I actually wasn't being serious of Touma x Misaki speculations. So I hope you guys understand.
as long as they were good friends in the past i be happy.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:49   Link #6207
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
as long as they were good friends in the past i be happy.
Good friend isn't an appropriate word to describe that, though. If it was in the same way as to Mikoto, it could mean more than just 'friend'.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:55   Link #6208
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Good friend isn't an appropriate word to describe that, though. If it was in the same way as to Mikoto, it could mean more than just 'friend'.
Rofl, i could totally see touma trying to avoid her like he does with mikoto.
Old 2013-11-20, 01:47   Link #6209
zibi88

Quote:

Well in novel I guess there was hinted that in past touma once got really mad at her (misaki)... so mostly she feels guilty and in order to prevent total lose of her connection to him she decided to distance herself from him

there might be a possibility that those two were childhood friends like they walked to the same class in elementary school.... miaski said few chapters back that if touma comes to save her she sees him as a prience on white horse... but if he came up in such timing to some other girl she would be concerned

so I wouldnt be supprised in their past some other girls tried to approch touma... she got jelous over it and used her power on those girls to stop them from doing that which pissed off touma becouse she messes up with peoples lifes and memories

so maybe this time she knows he lost his memory and she sees it as an opportunity to start over once again kinda a fresh start... now she might approch him more carefull in order to prevent such misunderstanding

anyway time will tell as we get to learn the past more ^
Old 2013-11-20, 16:32   Link #6210
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Well in novel I guess there was hinted that in past touma once got really mad at her (misaki)... so mostly she feels guilty and in order to prevent total lose of her connection to him she decided to distance herself from him

there might be a possibility that those two were childhood friends like they walked to the same class in elementary school.... miaski said few chapters back that if touma comes to save her she sees him as a prience on white horse... but if he came up in such timing to some other girl she would be concerned
After thinking about it, back in Index Vol1 Touma talked about Mental Out like it was just someone he had heard about, instead of Mikoto who he knew personally and knew she could handle herself in a fight. I'm guessing Touma met Misaki in one of those 'Chronic Hero Syndrome' encounters, saving her in one incident or another and then promptly forgot it in the mad rush of misfortune that followed after any time he meets a new girl ie, they weren't that close.
Old 2013-11-20, 19:46   Link #6211
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
After thinking about it, back in Index Vol1 Touma talked about Mental Out like it was just someone he had heard about, instead of Mikoto who he knew personally and knew she could handle herself in a fight. I'm guessing Touma met Misaki in one of those 'Chronic Hero Syndrome' encounters, saving her in one incident or another and then promptly forgot it in the mad rush of misfortune that followed after any time he meets a new girl ie, they weren't that close.
True. Though she clearly liked him since they hadn't seemed to have met between then and Daihasesai, so he must have done something big for her.

Even if they weren't friends, she had a full or pretty good knowledge of his Imagine Breaker.

It is also possible that
Spoiler for Index season 1:

It's especially strange because she doesn't seem to trust anyone else, but trusts him so implicitly. And that makes it seem like there must have been something between them even if it was one-sided.
Old 2013-11-20, 21:15   Link #6212
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Spoiler for Index season 1:
Why spoiler???

Honestly confused here.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-11-21, 01:46   Link #6213
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
well in novel misaki hinted that their paths crossed many times before they met in danhasei chapter.... so it might be the usual dull touma :P he was doing what he felt was right while misaki developed a crash on him becouse of his actions (he not aware of those feelings of hers at all so he reffers to her just as "someone who can erase memories")

in wholse series touma does what he feels but he did not develop any strong love like feelings for any girl... yet he is swarmed by them from all sides XD

so with misaki it could be as 1side crash... and maybe touma doesnt know her looks becouse misaki usually uses other people as her medium she doesnt like to do stuff in person

but still misaki had to be kinda close to touma in order to have such a great understanding of his IB....misaka is around touma for long time but she doesnt have such knowladge as her about it

for the manga.... What I dont get it is.... why cant they just "destroy exterior brain" and have all problems solved... no risk of mental out from gensei... no controling misaka and increasing her power level so touma and gunta can stop her.... misaki can use mental out on genei as he wont have a way to block it anymore

anyway more than anything I would love to learn the relantionship touma had with misaki in past...when they met and how misaki knows so much about IB
Old 2013-11-21, 03:33   Link #6214
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Why spoiler???

Honestly confused here.
Well... it was technically never revealed in railgun yet... not in the manga nor in the anime... so it might be relevant later...
Old 2013-11-21, 12:10   Link #6215
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Well... it was technically never revealed in railgun yet... not in the manga nor in the anime... so it might be relevant later...
But, isn't it more like a Late-Arrival Spoiler? Like the identity of Saber in the Fate series.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-11-21, 14:28   Link #6216
desrtsku
Nympholept

Feels like ... déjà vu.
Old 2013-11-25, 22:32   Link #6217
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Gensei is talking about how he expected Touma's interference but he didn't expect Gunha's interference. So Gunha is probably going to have an important role in stopping Gensei's plan.

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-11-29 at 06:16. Reason: Quoting deleted post
Old 2013-11-25, 23:42   Link #6218
Miraluka
Banned

How he couldn't expect Gunha when he is known by his school teachers for going on a guts trip?
Old 2013-11-26, 00:41   Link #6219
Gray Servant

Gaaaah!

We've been on Namek for two years now! Just punch her in the face Touma, I don't care anymore!
Old 2013-11-26, 01:13   Link #6220
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yaaaaaaay Kurokokabob!

Tags
fantasy, shounen