AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2004-11-13, 11:55   Link #121
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
That is strange. So agoraphobia also includes fear of people, I did not know that.
If you read the wikipedia article on agoraphobia you can see how it includes a fear of people.

It's interesting to see a character with a real disorder as opposed to the typical, no friends but no real reason why and everything works out in the end just because.

I'd say I have SAD, too. Anytime I see a show with a character like above, I think "It's not really that easy." I'll bet it ends all hunky dory for this kid too, though. :P
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:15   Link #122
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
I find the portrayed struggle with agoraphobia in Rozen Maiden quite interesting since a lot of the character development in this series is directly related to Jun's progress made to overcome agoraphobia.

On a different note, I just got the Avenger OST and I just noticed that the songs for both Avenger and Rozen Maiden were done by Ali Project (correct me if I'm wrong).
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:20   Link #123
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft27
On a different note, I just got the Avenger OST and I just noticed that the songs for both Avenger and Rozen Maiden were done by Ali Project (correct me if I'm wrong).
You're correct. There is no mistaking it. Both OPs sound pretty much the same. I'm not complaining, though. I like them both.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 17:50   Link #124
Spuffy
オウカ~

Ep5 was kind of unexpected (not storywise). Allthough the preview at the end of ep4 kind of hinted it, I really didn't expect something like this. My question after watching this:
Spoiler:

And here is a collage from ep 5 (Suiseiseki mostly). Suiseiseki is my favourite doll, especially after this ep.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 18:21   Link #125
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Ep5 was kind of unexpected (not storywise). Allthough the preview at the end of ep4 kind of hinted it, I really didn't expect something like this. My question after watching this:
Spoiler:

And here is a collage from ep 5 (Suiseiseki mostly). Suiseiseki is my favourite doll, especially after this ep.
Haha, the animators didn't OD on coffee...episode 5 is just the chibi-mode episode!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 06:07   Link #126
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Bwahahaha, ep5 reminds me of what Kanoso is to Kanon XD
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 06:46   Link #127
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu-chan
Bwahahaha, ep5 reminds me of what Kanoso is to Kanon XD
What's Kanoso? I've never seen/heard of it...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 06:51   Link #128
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
What's Kanoso? I've never seen/heard of it...
Doujin soft which mix DBZ,Fist of North Star and lots of grabage in with the story and characters of Kanon circa 2000.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 07:41   Link #129
Ending

Watched first episode and quit laughing out loud; I simply could not believe how naîve the characters were. "Kiss my ring and be my buddy -or that clown will kill you." Riiight.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 08:34   Link #130
Trax
Rock beats scissors

How is that naive? It's not like getting a visit from a snobby doll and a killer clown is an everyday thing. And she did need someone to extract power from or otherwise she wouldn't be able to get rid of it.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 13:28   Link #131
Ending

Er... because dolls that look like a clowns are supposed to be scaaary when equipped with a pack of cards? Oh, ones that sit down nicely while the Redhood and "hero" have a little chat.

Simply no; that anime has been aimed for a bit too young people. How old the protagonist was again...? There you have it.
Old 2004-11-14, 13:29   Link #132
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm glad I didn't drop this series. Episode 3 was pretty good. From episode 3, I hated Jun... then I realized we have similar traits . I understand his position. He's quite a good guy deep inside.

Yay, episode 4 has another Maiden. Will she job to Shinku as well?
Old 2004-11-14, 22:32   Link #133
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Er... because dolls that look like a clowns are supposed to be scaaary when equipped with a pack of cards? Oh, ones that sit down nicely while the Redhood and "hero" have a little chat.

Simply no; that anime has been aimed for a bit too young people. How old the protagonist was again...? There you have it.
I dunno about you, but clowns have always been scary. I think the audience for might be a little older than you think if you consider some of the themes involved. Agoraphobia, "The Game" (or was it called Alice?) which essentially is mortal combat, master servant roles, unstable emotions and who knows what else...
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 00:28   Link #134
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Simply no; that anime has been aimed for a bit too young people.
It shows in Japan at 1 a.m. Thursday nights, so I don't think it's aimed at young kids. It seems rather a mature show to me, dealing with real psychology against a dark fairy-tale background.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 02:38   Link #135
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
It shows in Japan at 1 a.m. Thursday nights, so I don't think it's aimed at young kids. It seems rather a mature show to me, dealing with real psychology against a dark fairy-tale background.
Yes I agree - The opening theme and the scenes itself looks very dark. Kinda like all the anime Ali Project sings in.
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 09:03   Link #136
Ending

Quote:
It shows in Japan at 1 a.m
Which might also mean that the serie is considered so bad that they use it as a filler for late-night hours, not wanting to waste prime-time.

I think the age of the protagonist gives a bit clearer hint of the age-group in aim. You probably have noticed this trend in anime where all heroes tend to be 15-year old kids at 7th-9th grade, so I'd guess that is what the industry thinks of their general public.
Old 2004-11-15, 10:23   Link #137
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

if they consider it to be so bad even before it starts to air, they may well stop wasting money to produce it. Being aired at midnight and with all those loligoth dolls inside practically mean it's aimed at otakus.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:02   Link #138
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If you look at the lineup, it's striking how many anime are on after midnight and are therefore probably aimed at people old enough to be up at that hour: Beck, Rozen, Tsukuyomi, Futakoi, Nanoha, Grenadier, Genshiken, Final Approach, WWish, Monte Cristo, Uta-Kata, Kakyuusei, Kannazuki. Here is the list prepared by AndrewLB:
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202004

It is based on the fuller list in Japanese at Moon Phase:
http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 19:54   Link #139
Rotweiler

Quote:
Which might also mean that the serie is considered so bad that they use it as a filler for late-night hours, not wanting to waste prime-time.
Uhm, no. If the series is bad to begin with, they wouldn't even consider making an anime out of it. There are so many manga that an anime producer can choose to turn into anime but they choose this one. It's because Rozen was based on a popular manga by Peach-Pit which was serialised in BIRZ. BIRZ is targeted mostly to teenagers and not kids because some of its contents are not really appropriate for kids. Gravitation, for example, was one of the titles that was included inside BIRZ for girls.

As for not being able to get into prime-time slot, not many anime are able to make it into prime-time slots because the cost is prohibitive. In order to get into the prime-time, you have to have a lot of budget and a generous sponsor. For example, Yakitate Japan manages to get a prime time spot because it's backed by a large supermarket chain Lawson. Otherwise, it wouldn't be able to afford the insanely-priced half hour slot of prime time TV estate.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 07:08   Link #140
NeoSam

FYI Birz comic is targeted at male audience, its a shounen magazine, so Rozen Maiden is also shounen.

look here : http://akane.pos.to/link-ru/book/04zassi.htm (japanese site)
many other sites also classify Birz comic as a shounen magazine.

so it can't be that Gravitation was serialized in it. (maybe it was serialized in Birz comic girl's collection)

Birz comic: shounen magazine (targeted at male audience)

Birz comic girl's collection: targeted at female audience (don't know if its shoujo or josei)

Birz comic SP: don't know

Birz comic Deluxe: don't know

does someone know who is the target audience of Birz comic SP and Birz comic Deluxe?
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural