AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 21:11   Link #81
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
MakubeX2: Two must buys.
.....You didn't notice that they are actually doing advertising for themselves ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 22:01   Link #82
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Where does these promo card comes from ? Which Mag ? or ?
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 06:05   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
.....You didn't notice that they are actually doing advertising for themselves ?
I don't remember saying i don't.
Old 2007-06-30, 14:19   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I'm sure he did, it's almost impossible not to notice. Every product that appears in the show or any cross promotion with a real life product has eventually made it's way into real life. Some people though still seem surprised and intrigued when it happens, which kind of baffles me personally. Think of it like Gundam, any mobile suit eventually gets a model. Sooooooooooo for example if we do eventually find out what Konata was playing, odds are it either get's released, or if it was a real game it will get a sudden rerelease.

Anyway, I'd say the Sousuke one is better overall, more interesting artwork and pose wheras Kyon has this "DUUUURRR!" look on his face and looks a bit off model. Plus Sousuke is a way better character.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 07:38   Link #85
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello.
Btw does anyone buy comptiq magazines?
Recently I got a package from amazon.jp. I ordered issue #6 and 7.
number seven has a nice phone strap in it. Also comptiq features numerous articles about Lucky Star. #5 had a dedicated cover page and so does #7. More information can be found at my site. I organized a separate page specially for the occasion. douzo.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 08:23   Link #86
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Muuu, I only got a Fate/Stay Night pencil board with mine (cute, but I'm not a fan). In all honesty, I wouldn't subscribe to Comptiq anyways, since very little in it actually interests me.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 08:29   Link #87
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Muuu, I only got a Fate/Stay Night pencil board with mine (cute, but I'm not a fan). In all honesty, I wouldn't subscribe to Comptiq anyways, since very little in it actually interests me.
ah i see. personally i order magazines only occasionally because the delivery charges to my place are very high.

Old 2007-07-01, 14:20   Link #88
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I get Comptiq every month, and obviously they have tons of Lucky Star content, as they're the magazine it runs in. In terms of physical extras, though, I think this is the first Lucky Star-related one that I can recall (at least, in the last year or so). Comptiq, Dengeki G's and Megami are all great magazines for bishoujo game/anime fans, but Comptiq would definitely be the choice if you're into Lucky Star.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 21:16   Link #89
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I heard Com Ace has another lucky star character handphone strip on it. And it is Kagami's ...
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 08:51   Link #90
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, I get Comptiq every month, and obviously they have tons of Lucky Star content, as they're the magazine it runs in. In terms of physical extras, though, I think this is the first Lucky Star-related one that I can recall (at least, in the last year or so). Comptiq, Dengeki G's and Megami are all great magazines for bishoujo game/anime fans, but Comptiq would definitely be the choice if you're into Lucky Star.
Ah that' pretty good for you. I'd buy all the 3 but it s all about weight. The magazines are heavy and delivery comes to 5-6 thousand yen which is like twice the price of the magazines themselves.
Yes I noticed lucky star manga in comptiq. I was surprised to see the text has furigana there. I thought that furigana is printed only in books for children. Tsubasa chronicles also have furigana though.
So now I have 3 issues of comptiq. I bought one last year and this year I managed to get 2 issues +comptiq special and g's magazine.

Old 2007-07-02, 13:30   Link #91
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
I'd buy all the 3 but it s all about weight. The magazines are heavy and delivery comes to 5-6 thousand yen which is like twice the price of the magazines themselves.
Ah wow -- Amazon JP charges by weight when shipping to you over there? I'm pretty sure, for whatever reason, they just do a "per item" charge for me, which means that, so long as I'm buying other stuff anyway, throwing in a magazine or two doesn't make much difference (something like 400 yen extra per item once you go over a few items). A guess it might be worth considering if maybe a place like HLJ would work out being cheaper for you (but you do have to pre-order early). I think there are a few other options too, but I've never really looked.

Anyway, I suppose this is veering somewhat off-topic, so might as well leave it at that for now.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 15:01   Link #92
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
I thought that furigana is printed only in books for children. Tsubasa chronicles also have furigana though.
Well, it depends how young the target audience is. For very young children (still might be considered babies depending who you ask, actually), there would be no kanji, and no katakana, either. This is because children are taught hiragana first.

For young children who are say, around late-elementary school age, early-middle school age, the manga will be printed primarily in kana, but will include simple kanji. I own a few manga series like this, and there is no furigana.

I think for series such as L*S (and Tsubasa) that could appeal to a larger age range instead of such a specific age group, there is a decent amount of kanji plus furigana. The only time there is really heavy usage of kanji and *no* furigana is when it's a disturbing series meant ONLY for mature adults. It's a clever way of censoring the series from children with grabby hands ne. (And it discourages gaijin such as myself who also have grabby hands when it comes to manga.)
Old 2007-07-02, 15:14   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They apply furigana based on the target audience. A high school audience will still have furigana since they're still learning their 1945 kanji.
I have a kanji book that teaches the kanji in the same order that k-12 japanese learn it. There's a pretty strong match between a manga's target audience and which kanji get used and when they have furigana.

And given modern japanese adults having some problems with kanji.... they're probably raising the bar on when they leave furigana out.
Old 2007-07-02, 15:34   Link #94
nikorai

relentlessflame, Risaa
thanks for your comments, very appreciated.

Risaa
Quote:
And it discourages gaijin such as myself who also have grabby hands when it comes to manga
indeed reading text with no furigana considerably slows down the process. However the difficulty of grammar varies greatly from manga to manga. So i guess first i need to learn the 2 volumes of the textbook i have.
Ok, sorry my talk is going really off topic so i ll stop here.

Old 2007-07-02, 23:20   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lucky Star summer uniforms are being sold at this website for around $150:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
...I think for series such as L*S (and Tsubasa) that could appeal to a larger age range instead of such a specific age group, there is a decent amount of kanji plus furigana. The only time there is really heavy usage of kanji and *no* furigana is when it's a disturbing series meant ONLY for mature adults...
NANA has lots of kanji and gives furigana. Honey & Clover has lots of kanji and no furigana. As you say, I think it has to do with age and education of target audience, with NANA aimed at a broader audience covering younger teens to adults, and H&C mainly aimed at older teens and adults. Or something.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-02 at 23:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 00:14   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lucky Star summer uniforms are being sold at this website for around $150:

NANA has lots of kanji and gives furigana. Honey & Clover has lots of kanji and no furigana. As you say, I think it has to do with age and education of target audience, with NANA aimed at a broader audience covering younger teens to adults, and H&C mainly aimed at older teens and adults. Or something.
Isn't the show primarily made up of a male demographic. Unless they plan to buy them for their little sisters and imagine they are Konata or something.

Either way a bit pricey for what just looks like a school uniform, unless that's what price those go for in Japan.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 00:22   Link #97
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Isn't the show primarily made up of a male demographic. Unless they plan to buy them for their little sisters and imagine they are Konata or something.
You posted that just as I was checking my wallet and reminding myself that I can't afford to blow the money on it (yet).
Old 2007-07-03, 01:30   Link #98
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Isn't the show primarily made up of a male demographic. Unless they plan to buy them for their little sisters and imagine they are Konata or something. Either way a bit pricey for what just looks like a school uniform, unless that's what price those go for in Japan.
I don't think that's expensive for such things. I think I've seen one over $200. I haven't seen sites for real school uniforms, though, just these cosplay sites. I do think they are mainly for cosplayers, who would be largely but not exclusively female. I see that sizes are given as M and 4L, however, so perhaps there's one there for Shiraishi Minoru, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 02:04   Link #99
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

When I shop on amazon.co.jp, only International Express shipping is available. A few years ago, they had the cheaper Economy option, but I figure they had problems with lost shipments and now don't offer it anymore.

So the Express shipping is a flat 2700 yen plus 300 yen per item, including the first one. This is like $2.50 shipping per manga or magazine, which isn't too bad, but it adds up quickly.

Some friends and I just bought 30000 yen worth of manga and magazines from there. ^^; I only buy about twice a year, and we split the shipping cost, so that helps.

But what I'm distraught about and am asking here in this forum is: The August issue of Comp Ace sold out less than an hour before I went to my Checkout page with two copies of it in my cart. ;_; So now I ask where else can I get that magazine, as well as Comptiq and Comp H's .. because (as said already) they are full of L*S goodness. I was so close to getting a Kagami phone strap, but it's out of stock now.

J-List has the Comp H's with Konata on the cover but not the other magazines, and shipping there is very high as well...
Crisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 14:31   Link #100
nanafan
horo fan

i probably can't afford any of the stuff that has been posted on this thread lol
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote