Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-09-26, 00:05   Link #721
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Hi guys. The other day I saw some images of some Suzumiya Haruhi and Nagato Yuki figurines. Actually, they're more like dolls, with jointed limbs and real fabric clothing. I'm wondering what was the name of the manufacturer, does anyone have a clue?
Pardon for bumping my question as it got shafted to the last page without anyone answering it so far.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 08:05   Link #722
nightengale5385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Pardon for bumping my question as it got shafted to the last page without anyone answering it so far.
Azone more than likely.
http://www.hlj.com/product/AZNHAC022NGT

http://www.hlj.com/product/AZNHAC023MKR

http://www.hlj.com/product/AZNHAC021
nightengale5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 09:34   Link #723
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I've seen the hlj links, but do you know the link to the manufacturer's home website?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 10:34   Link #724
nightengale5385

http://www.azone-int.jp/
nightengale5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 09:53   Link #725
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
I got my first large figures yesterday: Alter's Ignis, Griffon's Kanu Unchou with huge spear, and the Clayz Ryomou Shimei. I hope it was only a coincidence, but shortly after opening them, I started to feel very slightly unwell. I could smell paint (or something else) from them; not strongly, but still apparent. *lead/toxic fumes paranoia ensues*
Hmm, it could be just bad luck, I guess, or the shop/dealer who sold you the figures was maybe keeping his stock in some tight space? I have a couple of large-sized figures (Daiki's "Tamaki Kousaka in bikini" and Yamato's "Sayaka Yumi" - the rather naughty one), and they were okay.

A couple of figures being offered from the November issue of "Hobby Japan" - both from "Jin Gai Ma Kyou":

Diddy and Misae Makimoto

The "Misae Makimoto" figure's pose is, IMHO, a bit on the "ugh" side, but the flowing scarf effect is pretty nice-looking. The "Diddy" figure can be made more naughty as well - definitely not workplace- or kid-safe.

I'm now wondering what happened to the "Miss Maria" (from "Mai Otome") figure that was supposed to come out in August. I haven't seen it being offered on Yahoo Japan auctions yet.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 21:11   Link #726
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Any PC Enthusiast/Figure Collector dare to repeat this experiment on a long term basis ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 21:57   Link #727
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

only with doubles I have in my trade fig sets

(looks lik a sunbeam PC chassis btw)
Old 2007-10-01, 22:17   Link #728
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Any PC Enthusiast/Figure Collector dare to repeat this experiment on a long term basis ?
...this is such an awesome idea.

I'd love to do it, but... acrylic's insulative properties are bad enough without figures obstructing the airflow in the case, leading to overheating components, and the general heat from components would surely lead to drooping figures.

Actually, with enough preperation, I could work around those. I couldn't work around acrylic's total lack of electromagnetic shielding. If any one digs up Scotty's transparent aluminum formulas, let me know!
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 04:20   Link #729
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

:3

IIIII-YAAAAAAAAA!
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:50   Link #730
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Young children being attracted to collector's figurines/models?

All right so I've been up at college for about a month and I just got a call from my mom that my little cousin climbed up on my desk and "broke" a few of my figurines/models. I'm a little heartbroken. I'm not really angry because, hey, these things happen and if anything "broke" by mother's terms could mean simply that a piece that could easily be reattached just fell off. I guess I should have seen this coming. My cousin always wanted to play with the ones that I had on my high shelf in my room. Normally I'd give him a box full of older figures and models to play with when I was home; but he always wanted to play with the others. *sigh*

So here's the question for all you figurine/model collectors: Do your collections ever attract younger siblings/family members/children to play with them? Anything ever happen...or almost happen?
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:46   Link #731
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

There's a reason why my figures are still in their boxes until I can get a proper display cabinet with a lock and key.
Old 2007-10-03, 20:06   Link #732
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

My collection sits 6'2" off the floor so it's not a problem. But it does mean that I have about about a half-dozen panchira shots for them to marvel at...
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 11:28   Link #733
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsMane View Post
So here's the question for all you figurine/model collectors: Do your collections ever attract younger siblings/family members/children to play with them? Anything ever happen...or almost happen?
...children and toys are like magpies and shiny objects
I always tell the parents who come over with their kids, that if they want their little one to live
a long and healthy life, they better be watching him like a hawk
since sending it alone into rushhour gives a better chance for survival than breaking some of my stuff

"Here you have a few toys you can break,...." -kid points to my stuff/I skunkeye the brat- "....those toys will break you!"
Old 2007-10-04, 16:49   Link #734
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
All right so I've been up at college for about a month and I just got a call from my mom that my little cousin climbed up on my desk and "broke" a few of my figurines/models. I'm a little heartbroken. I'm not really angry because, hey, these things happen and if anything "broke" by mother's terms could mean simply that a piece that could easily be reattached just fell off. I guess I should have seen this coming. My cousin always wanted to play with the ones that I had on my high shelf in my room. Normally I'd give him a box full of older figures and models to play with when I was home; but he always wanted to play with the others. *sigh*

I don't let the kiddies into my room ^_^, so it's all fine. But when I do, they're mostly out of the way, like my case is on to the left with my monitor and keyboard/mouse is to the right (cause I put some of them on the top of my case, and the rest on the last shelf on my bookcase with my artbooks and games and other crap).

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

That's all fine there. Since none of them are standing or anything of that nature. The heat will maybe lean them a bit but since they all have a large surface area for their base, it won't do too much. But I wouldn't do that though ^_^. My case gets sorta hot sometimes.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 20:18   Link #735
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

But sure as hell that Shana on the hard drive is a goner.
Old 2007-10-05, 21:44   Link #736
CandyVanMan
Part Time Hikikomori

I'm looking at all the fans on that case, and I'm thinking... Heat will not be the problem. Dust on the other hand...
CandyVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:25   Link #737
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Whoo, first post here!

Going to be getting myself this one next year: it's Death-sensei by Alter. I really love Peace@Pieces, and since I wasn't able to get a hold of either Hikaru or Nagi, Death-sensei is the next best thing - scratch that, THE best thing I could get, unless they release an Anzu figure.

Then I'm planning to get this one by December: Satsuki Ikaruga by OrchidSeed. I'm not too familiar with OrchidSeed's products and quality, but I do love Satsuki and Seinarukana, and the figure looks good enough for me, so I'm getting it as soon as it comes out.

I only have two swimsuit Sabers and a Revoltech Saber as of the moment, but I'm planning to increase my plastic harem. I'm thinking of saving p money for C.C. because I love her character design, Tsukimiya Kaede because I love Miraroma, Sasara because I like her route in ToHeart2, and KOS-MOS because she's just awesome in my book.

Then there's also the Ruka figure of Ar tonelico 2 coming out next year!
Old 2007-10-07, 15:25   Link #738
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I'm thinking of saving p money for C.C. because I love her character design, Sasara because I like her route in ToHeart2
I've been eyeballing those two figures as well, never did see any media of them, just think the figs look great
Old 2007-10-07, 21:17   Link #739
Garet Jax

The second wave of this Shuraki figure is available for pre-order now.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10060581
Presumably the other two already released will follow. This series seems to be original, in that I couldn't see any anime/manga/game basis for them. I'm falling away from my original intention to stick to figures derived from media I know. Very good price for including an artbook and drama CDs (though I won't be able to understand the CDs right now!)
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 17:17   Link #740
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

I have a Revoltech Saber, a SRDX jointed Suigintou, some awesome gashapons, a JoJo set, and a Shana I found at a con.

I'll post them after I finish Math 100 today.