AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-31, 16:07   Link #1
Forsaken_Infinity

Something very minor

I was trying to access the profile of somebody I had recently been acquainted with but it seems they deleted their profile.

http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=209208

When you try to access the profile, the error message you get is "This account doesn't exists yet and therefore does not have a profile to view."

I hate to nitpick on grammar but it stood out to my eyes too much to not mention it. That should be "This account doesn't exist and therefore doesn't have a profile to view."

And when somebody deletes their account, could you please remove the link to deleted profiles from places where they would otherwise be featured such as the friends list of their friends etc.?
Old 2012-05-31, 18:56   Link #2
Dr. Casey

This point was actually raised a few months ago; it's not improper grammar so much as a weird glitch that causes the incorrect error message to show up. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110690
Old 2012-06-01, 00:08   Link #3
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
This point was actually raised a few months ago; it's not improper grammar so much as a weird glitch that causes the incorrect error message to show up. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110690
The incorrect grammar would be "doesn't exists" instead of "doesn't exist."
Old 2012-06-01, 15:08   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The incorrect grammar would be "doesn't exists" instead of "doesn't exist."
Typo fixed. Cut and paste error I suspect, as there are related error messages where "exists" is grammatically correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
... when somebody deletes their account, could you please remove the link ...
No we can't remove the link, sorry; it would be impractical.

To be clear, the account hasn't been deleted, it is simply pending approval again; so as far as the forum is concerned it "doesn't exist". This can happen as a result of the forum's email approval process, triggered when someone joins or changes their email address.
Old 2012-06-05, 15:07   Link #5
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
To be clear, the account hasn't been deleted, it is simply pending approval again; so as far as the forum is concerned it "doesn't exist". This can happen as a result of the forum's email approval process, triggered when someone joins or changes their email address.
Could you perhaps hide associated links in much the same way as you hide the profile? And restore them if and when the account is re-approved?
Old 2012-06-06, 01:05   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Could you perhaps hide associated links in much the same way as you hide the profile? And restore them if and when the account is re-approved?
Sorry but, as NightWish said, hiding or removing the links isn't really practical. It's not a switch we can toggle or anything, and would require custom plugins to modify the code... and that's not something we're going to do, particularly at the moment when we're working on a migration. (Keep in mind, we didn't code this forum; it's vBulletin software. We just customized it here and there for various reasons. This sort of customization would be too much work for too little return.)

As I think we've done what we can on this issue, I'm going to close this thread for now, but feel free to let one of the staff know if the issue occurs or this thread needs to be re-opened.