AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-06, 13:01   Link #581
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Basically, we lost despite my team having six tanks while the opponent only had two.
You know, still not as bad as in a game I was in, my team actually won with both sides not losing a single tank.

We just capped their base... faster...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 14:07   Link #582
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't mind losing, it's the way a guy was such a coward he ran away when all he had to do was ram the enemy.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:11   Link #583
Gravitas Free Zone

Is it bad that I'm trying to use up the ammo supply in my Medium Mark I because I want to sell it and might as well make more money from shooting something with the ammo instead of just selling it?

Not that the British tech tree isn't about keeping a stiff upper lip while people beat on you until Tier V...

And bad is those times that people maybe have a friendly-fire accident at the round start which leads to an escalating cycle of FF killage.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:51   Link #584
LeoXiao
思想工作

Why can't I get such games in my own account anymore?

Spoiler for HAWT KV1S action:

This tank is a beast. So is the T-34/85.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 16:12   Link #585
Sumeragi
Banned

Bought 6,500 gold, converted 78,200 experience, still has enough to buy a T-25 (but waiting to see what the Souain Legacy Special will be).
Old 2012-12-06, 16:26   Link #586
LeoXiao
思想工作

I still hold that it's a waste of cash. Then again this is the person who got 50,000 free xp to research the BL10, so maybe I shouldn't be talking.

Are you going to get a VK2801?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 16:29   Link #587
Sumeragi
Banned

No, going to use the free exp only for researching modules. I'll be holding the gold to buy the T-25 (going to wait the Bulge Special).
Old 2012-12-06, 16:43   Link #588
Gravitas Free Zone

Unloaded the Medium Mk. I for an A13 Mk. I. I was using the 57mm and sniping, which was working out adequately.

Still, ideally you get to pick the best two out of three in a combo of speed, armor, and firepower. Having a tank that's all firepower, with no speed or armor, is bad.

So yeah, I ended up taking a bit of time off from my 38nA-->PzKpfw IV grind to unload the Mk. I with as much emphasis as possible. Now back to my regularly scheduled agonizing grinding to Tier V.
Old 2012-12-06, 16:47   Link #589
Tak

So tankers... I have a question. Is it possible to train crews in the operation of two tanks or more?

Meaning, if I am entering battle, would it be possible for me to switch crews from one tank to another without sacrificing their proficiency?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-06, 16:50   Link #590
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Crews can only be trained in the use of one vehicle unfortunately. The moment you switch them, they lose their proficiency in their previous vehicle and only become proficient in the new one.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 16:51   Link #591
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Crews can only be trained in the use of one vehicle unfortunately. The moment you switch them, they lose their proficiency in their previous vehicle and only become proficient in the new one.
Excuse me...

ARGHHHHH!!!

- Tak

Old 2012-12-06, 16:55   Link #592
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Sumeragi, what do you use to make the credits necessary for that...exorbitant use of HEAT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I make sure my HEAT rounds actually do damages. That in itself is usually enough to break even. Adding in HE to the mix helps me keep up the profit.
Here's an example:

I seamlessly changed between HE and HEAT, using two HEATs to attack the KV-1 and the M3 Lee (both which hit perfectly). Basically, I analyzed the battle situation and preset my round loads, thereby allowing me to get the maximum damage for the least cost.
Old 2012-12-06, 20:37   Link #593
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I tried the idea of using gold ammo, and actually made a profit (although not as much as pure credit ammunition), so I think I will start to use them on the 1st win match for each tank. As long as you make sure each shot of yours connects, and you're using lower than 18 shells for a match, then you're not losing credit.

Not sure about tier 7 and above tanks, though.
Old 2012-12-06, 22:17   Link #594
Gravitas Free Zone

I don't know if I should be proud of this or not.

Old 2012-12-06, 22:29   Link #595
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
There is one exception to this rule; premium tanks

You can put a crew proficient in a particular tank into a premium tank of the same nationality and class, and that crew will behave as if they were proficient in the premium tank. Their proficiency will still be that of their original tank, but the performance of the premium tank will not suffer for it.

For example, my current Super Pershing crew has been trained for the M46 Patton, awaiting the time when I scrounge together enough credits to purchase the M46 and transfer them there. Once I do so, I can transfer my current M4A3E2 crew to the Super Pershing, and they too will act as if they were proficient in the Super.

This is why premium tanks are often preferred choices for crew training vehicles. I purchased the lend-lease Churchill last weekend during its half-off price, precisely to serve as a crew trainer for future Soviet heavies I might purchase in the future such as the ST-I or the IS-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I don't know if I should be proud of this or not.

That is one of the most fun awards to achieve; it means you had the balls to take out a higher-tier tank with your own via Ramming Speed. I once offed an IS with my PZ3/4 that way.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 22:29   Link #596
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did anyone actually manage to drop their tank on top of the enemy? I heard it instantly kills the one below, but have yet to seen it.
Old 2012-12-06, 22:36   Link #597
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, I did that once. Dropped from the broken bridge (had less than 20 hp) in my Pz III to kill a KV-1S.
Old 2012-12-06, 22:43   Link #598
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did anyone actually manage to drop their tank on top of the enemy? I heard it instantly kills the one below, but have yet to seen it.
Not too sure about instant kill. It continue to keep damaging the tank the last time I was sitting on top of a tank. Too bad he moved out of the way before my Stug squashed him.

Forgot to add: EU got a 1 day prem account and a bunch of stuff for Saint Nicholas Day.
http://worldoftanks.eu/news/5014-hap...-nicholas-day/
Quote:
We are sure our commanders have been good by properly taking care of their tanks throughout the year. Therefore, they deserve some special sweet rations too. Until 12th December you will be able to enjoy the following bonus code:
HAPPYSTNCKDAY

(capital letters only)

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-12-06 at 22:58.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 04:52   Link #599
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Apparently the invite for Mädchen und Panzer expired since I didn't visit the website, so someone mind sending another invite?
Old 2012-12-07, 08:51   Link #600
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Gravity is powerful, and high speed tank need not to drop from higher ground
(this is not my Crom btw)

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks