AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 18:44   Link #28961
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Today's the start of our IPMS invitationals. I'll be taking pictures of the competing gundam kits there. I'm going to display some of my own there. My kit entries:
MG Strike Noir
1/144 HG Deathscythe hell custom
SD 00 Raiser
SD Force Impulse
SD Ryofu Tallgeese
SD Kakuka Virsago
and figures of Shinn Asuka and Heero Yuy
Old 2013-02-06, 19:42   Link #28962
Providenceangle

Forgive my ignorance but, IPMS?
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:48   Link #28963
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
My order is in!

MG Tallgeese EW
MG Tallgeese II EW
MG 00 Raiser
2 sets of green LED

...from, of course, GG Infinite.
I can hear your wallet crying from where I live lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 05:49   Link #28964
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Forgive my ignorance but, IPMS?
International Plastic Modelers Society. Were having a competion for the next 4 days.
Old 2013-02-07, 06:34   Link #28965
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
International Plastic Modelers Society. Were having a competion for the next 4 days.
And you have that once a month? Must be tough...
Old 2013-02-07, 09:42   Link #28966
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
And you have that once a month? Must be tough...
Nationals, invitationals and some other major competitions we organize are just once a year. But the ones that we do every month are just minor friendly competitions like the speed builds(build and paint a kit in a day), SD/Zaku challenges, etc.
Old 2013-02-07, 10:42   Link #28967
Providenceangle

Sounds like fun. Thank for the info. Sadly I'm away from home, visiting family. I don't have access to my tools/kits. Though I'm expecting to be home, to receive some HG kits.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:02   Link #28968
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Sounds like fun.
Sure is. Were having a speed build this Saturday. Model: P-51D Mustang; Scale: 1/72; Time-limit: 10Hrs. Best thing about these speed builds is that we can do pretty much anything with the kit, may it be our own wacky design to just sticking with the actual designs.
Old 2013-02-07, 11:22   Link #28969
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Sure is. Were having a speed build this Saturday. Model: P-51D Mustang; Scale: 1/72; Time-limit: 10Hrs. Best thing about these speed builds is that we can do pretty much anything with the kit, may it be our own wacky design to just sticking with the actual designs.
That I would love to see.
Not only is it the P-51D Mustang but the fact it's not just straight builds of the actual model.
Would love to see what ideas people would come up with.
Old 2013-02-07, 16:01   Link #28970
Providenceangle

Quote:
Cool. Best of luck.

I'm gonna try and do some RG modifications to a 1/144 GM custom. As my first project. Similar to this:
Spoiler for Image:

Of course before that, I have a commission for a "Jheuty" 360 controller... Should be fun.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:00   Link #28971
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Just an update on my entries. I added in 4 1/100 figures of Amuro Ray, Heero Yuy, Sven Cal Bayang and Setsuna F. Seiei.
Old 2013-02-07, 22:06   Link #28972
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I can hear your wallet crying from where I live lol

Yup.

And to think that my remaining MG kits I want to get (that are out as of now):

Deathscythe EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Heavyarms EW
Sanrock EW
Shenlong EW

And anticipating/hoping we get word on these:
http://inb4suiton.blogspot.com/2013/...gundam-00.html

>_<

Gonna be an expensive year...
Old 2013-02-07, 23:34   Link #28973
Zeydra
A random passerby

Just got back home with my first HobbyLinkJapan order, which was a high grade 1/144 Zeydra along with a grey Gundam marker and a black Gundam marker. Really looking forward to building this kit.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 03:44   Link #28974
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Just got back home with my first HobbyLinkJapan order, which was a high grade 1/144 Zeydra along with a grey Gundam marker and a black Gundam marker. Really looking forward to building this kit.
Nice, the Zeydra is a fun HG to put together, I'm not the hugest AGE fan, but the HG kits are extremely well made imo

As a quick note GLUE THE ANTENNAEs, they're inserted into the head in a way that certain motions/pressure applied to it would cause it to fall off easily, I already lost one so Im forced to display mine without the antennae's (its actually is not that bad looking this way), Im still looking for the missing piece..............

As a general question: Im planning on painting the yellow parts on my HG AGE-FX, I dont like how they stand out, Im considering gold, or silver for a hi-v-ish color scheme, what do you guys think? And im gonna putty/sand that face mask flat and clean, I hate that "Beak" look (or ill just wipe out the center part of the line then it will look more like the Strike-E/Noir face
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 08:40   Link #28975
Providenceangle

You can always use other colours even. Not just gold/metal. As for the face and such,you can go so far as to make it one of a kind. Try to come up with your own panel lines.

I like most of the age suits, but I'm not really a fan of the FX. Maybe if I made my own clear effect parts for it, in clear or red/orange(depending on scheme). Pretty easy to do with resin casting. Hmmm...
Old 2013-02-08, 09:39   Link #28976
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Nice, the Zeydra is a fun HG to put together, I'm not the hugest AGE fan, but the HG kits are extremely well made imo

As a quick note GLUE THE ANTENNAEs, they're inserted into the head in a way that certain motions/pressure applied to it would cause it to fall off easily, I already lost one so Im forced to display mine without the antennae's (its actually is not that bad looking this way), Im still looking for the missing piece..............
Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to watch out for that and have the glue ready when I build it. And the Age kits do seem to be very well made, the Zeydra will be my third kit from the line but the previous two left me very impressed. Especially the Ghiraga as it isn't a lead suit yet still maintained a high level of quality.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 10:02   Link #28977
maknaedik

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...sive-mg_7.html

Bandai didn't give me any red MGs for the first half of the year until they announced MG Sinaju OVA and MG Zaku II J.Ridden. The former will be bought on a later date, but this exclusive is a must buy before it's gone. I know it's a ripoff, but you know I'm still gonna buy this anyway :P

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 10:32   Link #28978
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...sive-mg_7.html

Bandai didn't give me any red MGs for the first half of the year until they announced MG Sinaju OVA and MG Zaku II J.Ridden. The former will be bought on a later date, but this exclusive is a must buy before it's gone. I know it's a ripoff, but you know I'm still gonna buy this anyway :P

If you think it's a rip off, then why would you buy it? I know that you supposedly collect all things red GunPla, but be reasonable ya know?

Also, does this include Trans Am kits that you collect?
Old 2013-02-08, 10:52   Link #28979
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just browsing Gundam Guy and saw the lightning Zaku and just reminded me I don't have Zaku(I know shame on me) so just throwing it out there but whats everyone's opinions on any Zaku's you have yourself.
To me the Zaku is kind of a must have for any Gunpla collector just like the RX-78, even if they don't really like them that much.

1/100 would be preferred scale but 1/144 are ok as well.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:14   Link #28980
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just browsing Gundam Guy and saw the lightning Zaku and just reminded me I don't have Zaku(I know shame on me) so just throwing it out there but whats everyone's opinions on any Zaku's you have yourself.
To me the Zaku is kind of a must have for any Gunpla collector just like the RX-78, even if they don't really like them that much.

1/100 would be preferred scale but 1/144 are ok as well.
Hey, I’m the same . I don’t have any Zaku (yet). Why? Because (surprise, surprise) I’m not a big fan of those Zakus. Their designs aren’t bad really, but I still think the Gundams and other customized suits like Hyaku Shiki, Sazabi, Sinanju, etc look cooler. Plus, I still haven’t completed my “must buy” list yet and Zakus don’t even make the top 20 in it . As for “mono-eye” MSs, I do have HG Tieren Taozi (and Beargguy if you want to count that). If I were to begin collecting Zaku though, I’ll definitely start with either MG Johnny Ridden Zaku II 2.0 or MG Shin Matsunaga Zaku II 2.0. Those two are amongst the most badass Zaku designs.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy