AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-07, 15:41   Link #1
Data Drain

Save Rave!

Or at least try.

If you haven't heard, Tokyopop's decided to pull a Nelvana (remember Card Captor Sakura?) and now the Groove Adventure Rave (now Rave Master) DVDs are going to be dub only and completely edited! However, there might be a way that we can stop this from happening:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/poll...=39&page=booth

Vote there at the poll for "No. I was going to buy it, but now that it's dub only and edited I won't." and maybe we can save Rave from the fate that it's been reserved to if Tokyopop will take a moment to look at the fans' response. =/

Erm...you may now return to your regularly scheduled posting.
Data Drain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 18:46   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Once Tokyo Pop takes series to mutilate ..noone can stop them
i wonder how are they going to edit this series ?! and the dubbing will kill it
Oh i remember CCS hehhe they changed everything, I was like wow...
even the voices were so bad on the dubbing
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 20:24   Link #3
Suikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Once Tokyo Pop takes series to mutilate ..noone can stop them
i wonder how are they going to edit this series ?!
See for yourself - "Rave Master" airs every Saturday night at 7:30pm EST on Cartoon Network.

I have yet to watch it, but I heard they replaced the music (which should automatically tell you how bad the rest must be).

But, yeah, Tokyopop better take a look at that poll - according to it, nearly 60% (and growing) of everyone seems pissed.

Funny - around the same time 4Kids starts releasing things uncut and billingual, Tokyopop starts releasing things edited and dub only. I guess no matter how much evil in the anime world we conquer, there will always be new villains popping up.

Suck this, Tokyopop :fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 20:42   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned

Rave Master

I was looking forward to this coming out here on dvd (original title Groove Adventure rave) but it seems as though Tokyopop is only doing a dub on dvd.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 21:10   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
rave dubbed will suck ..I wonder how the opening song will be in the dubbed ver ?? perhaps some cowboy song ?!
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 21:46   Link #6
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:29.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 21:57   Link #7
tcov

I saw the Rave episode 1 dub. The opening is totally different, music is different all throughout, the sound effects are different, they cut some scenes out, they re-wrote parts of the script, they made Elie sound like Xena the Warrior Princess when she blasts her tonfu guns, and they changed the ending theme. It's tricked out, or maybe in this case raved out.

Tokyopop... take out the "Tokyo" !
tcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 00:20   Link #8
DekaMaster
Banned

Screw it then I will just stick with the fansubs. Tokyopop is going to learn a hard lesson.
Old 2004-08-17, 00:27   Link #9
tcov

Actually I think Tokyopop will make their desired sale. There are a lot of people who have never seen Rave and I'm sure a fanbase has been developed by now.

They need to avoid cons though, otherwise the hardcore fans who liked Rave will be on their butts.
tcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 00:52   Link #10
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcov
Actually I think Tokyopop will make their desired sale. There are a lot of people who have never seen Rave and I'm sure a fanbase has been developed by now.

They need to avoid cons though, otherwise the hardcore fans who liked Rave will be on their butts.
The fanbase right now is the anime uncut fans. The only other fanbase would be the saturday morningkids watching it on fox box. The people that have seen rave fansubbed such as myself would have loved Dvds uncut and subbed. This is exactly why I am not totaly against subbing of licensed shows. When you pull this kind of crap fansubs are about the only think you can go with if you want uncut subbed anime. Just look at Tokyo Mew mew.. No excuse mew MEW POWER
Old 2004-08-17, 23:36   Link #11
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcov

Would anyone happen to have view ratings for "Rave Master," because I can't imagine it being very popular since I've seen so few commercials on Cartoon Network. It can't gain much more of a new fanbase if they don't advertise it.

By the way, I've only been able to catch the last five or so minutes of a couple episodes of the Rave dub. How bad is it, and how much did they edit it? I don't very much like Haru and Elie's dub voices. They seem to lack any feeling, especially Haru's. As much as Seki Tomokazu annoys me, his Haru is MUCH better than that Yuri whatever's. Oh, and did Sieg sound terrible in last week's ep.? I swear, I will kill if they butchered his voice! Grr...! >.<*
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 18:16   Link #12
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
While I agree the dubbed series is completely butchered those jerks got thier crappy Reel Big fish raveoltion song stuck in my head as well as the ending song The power of destiny by Jennifer Paige and now i keep looking for some where i can get the songs...
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 01:07   Link #13
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
You poor, poor soul. That "Power of Destiny" ending theme has got to be the most boring-sounding, soporific song I've ever heard. The same sound is repeated over and over, and there's hardly any melody.

I've yet to hear "Rave-olution" since I haven't seen a full episode of the dub, but it seems pretty corny, provided that the song title is a really bad pun. >.<*

Why has TokyoPop destroyed Rave so horribly? It makes me sad...
Old 2004-09-01, 01:13   Link #14
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
thats a very bad news.

are you guys sure that there won't be dual track uncut DVD release?

i was looking forward to the box-set whenever it is going to be released
Old 2004-09-01, 19:23   Link #15
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
they rewrote large portions of the script put two very crappy songs for the opening and end both were sang by 3rd rate american bands that had lables

Jennifer Paige seems to only sing old sings to be rereleased. for instance she is singing crush and alot of really old 80s songs.
Old 2004-09-01, 21:18   Link #16
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
thats a very bad news.

are you guys sure that there won't be dual track uncut DVD release?

i was looking forward to the box-set whenever it is going to be released

The only thing listed on their site about Extras for the dvd are "as seen on cartoon network" it is dub only
Old 2004-09-01, 21:44   Link #17
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

At least I've already burned the whole series fansubbed before TokyoPop licensed it. Nothing can beat the original. I find it very insulting that TokyoPop seems to think so little of Rave that they feel they have the right to butcher it like cows and not provide new fans with the original, much better version. Is the manga really that childish that it deserves a rating of Youth, 10 and up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas
they rewrote large portions of the script...
What've they changed thus far? I know Demon Card is now Shadow Guard--why the name change when the manga still sticks to DC?--but I haven't seen enough of the dub to figure out how terribly they've rewritten Rave. But I guess it's to be expected when you've got Bob (needs to stop writing anime) Bucholtz of massive Digimon butchery fame writing Rave.

Quote:
...put two very crappy songs for the opening and end both were sang by 3rd rate american bands that had lables

Jennifer Paige seems to only sing old sings to be rereleased. for instance she is singing crush and alot of really old 80s songs.
Jennifer Paige has no significant vocal talent whatsoever. Her singing is so lackluster, and it doesn't help that "Power of Destiny" is a poorly composed song lyrically and musically.

How many people out there are actually watching Rave Master without realizing Groove Adventure Rave exists, I wonder...
Old 2004-09-01, 23:39   Link #18
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

well they have broken 4th wall alot in similar manners to how they break it every time you blink in Dual masters

OMG I'M BLIND!!

No your not the animators just forgot to draw your eyes.....
Old 2004-09-02, 02:57   Link #19
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
The only thing listed on their site about Extras for the dvd are "as seen on cartoon network" it is dub only
thats horrible

good thing that i still have the fansubs burned on cds
Old 2004-12-06, 00:16   Link #20
molitar

Rave Groove Adventure?

Ok I watched all 51 episodes just to find out it's totally incomplete. What are the other two raves? And what about all the other unanswered questions? Elie's who is she and what happened to her memory? What about the Silver Ray? And what is the true meaning behind RAVE? Since I can't seem to find no manga scanlations for this one I really want to know the answers to these. Any know?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure