AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 07:56   Link #741
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

All of this discussion is now pointless. The entire Nanoha universe is officially about to end. The proof? Chapter 21 of Vivid, page 19, lower left corner -

Zafira SMILED.

ZAFIRA.

That is one of the Signs of the Apocalypse.
Old 2011-06-04, 08:18   Link #742
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
All of this discussion is now pointless. The entire Nanoha universe is officially about to end. The proof? Chapter 21 of Vivid, page 19, lower left corner -

Zafira SMILED.

ZAFIRA.

That is one of the Signs of the Apocalypse.
Zafira looks strange in that whole page. The smile was the least of my problems.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:06   Link #743
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Pretty sure he's smiled before...
Old 2011-06-04, 10:43   Link #744
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Pretty sure he's smiled before...
Hard to tell during StrikerS, dogs can't smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I still hold close my wish that Vivio gets mauled by Hoodie-girl, which inspires Einhart to go on to win the championship. I know it's not likely, but it is the outcome I wish to see.
If that ever happen it will be the complete opposite as the Hooded-girl is on Einhart and Corona's group. The elite on Vivio's group was Signum Mk.II and she was already defeated by Miura(by an inch xD), so probably the big fight of that group will be the very awaited(at least by me) match between ViVio and Miura, prepare for the Nakajima/Takamachi VS. Yagami cheeleading battle!

I agree on the girls not reaching championship, as they didn't seem to have any big ambition to accomplish in the tournament except for Einhart perhaps(her defeat and reaction to that maybe will help to pump a little moments of drama into the plot xD). also the whole torunament look very ligyhthearted(unlike any other martial arts torunaments i've seen in any media xDU) if feels really like a sport here(or a pokemon tournament xD), so this arc is giving me a feeling of "do your best" rather than "you're the best around". Probably Vivio will have a climatic battle with the Hooded-girl where, despite losing, will surprise everyone by giving to the undefeated champion a good run for her money.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 18:23   Link #745
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Maybe it's just a matter of qualifying? Not a winner always goes on, but you just need to perform well enough and you'll move forward.
I posted this a while back when I read the chapter where Nove gave the girls as rundown on how the tournament works...still don't know how accurate it is...

Quote:
Okay let me see if I understand this tournament structure correctly...

Step 1. A serious of test used to measure where the contestants rank.

Step 2. Once the test are done the contestants are divided into two divisions Novice or Elite. (Most of the Elite being made of past high raking contestants)

Step 3. The contestants will fight in a serious of elimination matches until there are only 10 remaining in each division making it 20 representatives from all 17 sections of the city. (Well 21 because last years champ gets a free pass)

Step 4. The winer of the City Championship will then go on to fight in the World Championship where representatives from different cities fight it out for the title of World Champ.

Step 5. If this person happens to be lucky enough to win the World Championship they'll able to take part in the Inter-Dimensional Championship where representatives from different worlds fight for the title of strongest in all the know dimensional space.
Quote:
Just look at Corona's face when she heard her and Einhart were in the same block. Poor girl knows she's screwed.
Now if I recall Raiser you posted this a year ago when I voiced my concerns about Corona getting into the elite class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser
Eh, no need to worry. She managed to evade Rio long enough to summon her golem so I'm sure she'll be fine.
Well the question is why the change of heart?
Old 2011-06-04, 18:29   Link #746
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably because Einhart's still a cut above Rio, never mind Einhart's main character status compared to Rio's secondary character status.
Old 2011-06-04, 19:09   Link #747
Justin_Brett

So if you're in the Novice division, you're basically expected to eventually lose? That kinda sucks to say to the little kids.

Are we down to twenty people now, then?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 19:21   Link #748
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So if you're in the Novice division, you're basically expected to eventually lose? That kinda sucks to say to the little kids.

Are we down to twenty people now, then?
Well raw power isn't the only thing that can grant one victory you know past tournament contestants still have to go into the preliminary and not all of them are granted to make it.

Not yet the we're still in the middle of preliminary eliminations remember Corona had been tested and ranked as an elite class thats why she is getting ready to go up against Einhart right now...unless I'm mistaken and the preliminaries are over?
Old 2011-06-04, 19:56   Link #749
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
This part of the tournament has nothing to do with the elite classes or anything. These are the pre-preliminaries, apparently. I imagine this leg of things is the test of strength and it determines who gets into what class based on performance.

All I've been saying is that Einhart would win against Corona. Didn't say she'd get knocked out of the tournament.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:50   Link #750
Dark Wing

Quote:
This part of the tournament has nothing to do with the elite classes or anything. These are the pre-preliminaries, apparently. I imagine this leg of things is the test of strength and it determines who gets into what class based on performance.
Oh so they're still testing for rank...
Old 2011-06-04, 23:03   Link #751
Justin_Brett

Really? When I heard 'test of power', I just imagined that thing in Dragon Ball where they hit the punching bag, and figured it was something similar. But that certainly lends an amount of strategy to the proceedings, I suppose. Now whoever fights Miura or Micaiah (the latter to a lesser extent) knows something of what to watch out for from them.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:25   Link #752
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well the question is why the change of heart?
Aren't the circumstances different? When Corona fought Rio, the place they were at was a replica of a battlefield, and it was big with a lot of space for maneuver.

In the tournament, they only have that small area to fight on, with no place to hide.
But yeah, Otto trained Corona to improve in the areas a summoner/golem user are weakest on: creation of the golem, and direct attack to the caster.
So, she should at least give a good fight...
Old 2011-06-05, 12:07   Link #753
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'm sure she'll put up a good fight. But I don't expect her to win. It's mostly why I'm expecting to see this be essentially a qualifying match, not just elimination, to get into the next part of the tournament.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 13:21   Link #754
Justin_Brett

And then Einhart wouldn't be able to beat whoever defeats her for real, assuming we're pulling out all the cliches according to you guys.
Old 2011-06-05, 16:08   Link #755
Mirron

It's not simply a matter of cliches, though even so, Corona winning is far less important than Einhart winning. Corona, while good, simply isn't as good as Einhart.
Old 2011-06-05, 16:17   Link #756
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Nor as important as a character. Even when it's entirely plausible that Einhart could lose in this tournament, being a mian character as also the "superior" rival to Vivio, her defeat must be an event with big impact on the story because this will be a test for Vivio's growth as also to Einhart's character and pride. I simply don't see Corona being a suitable character to pull this on the plot, Sieglinde is the undefeated champion and is on the same group as Einhart and Corona so i totally can see her as the one handling Einhart her upcoming beating.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 18:11   Link #757
Justin_Brett

Well, you keep bringing up more meta reasons instead of in-story justifications.
Old 2011-06-05, 18:15   Link #758
Mirron

Corona is a character who likely couldn't defeat Einhart before the training, she just wasn't that good at magic except summoning a golem. She beat Rio, but only barely. Einhart, while not so good at ranged opponents presumably, is still overall a better combatant. Can Corona win? Sure, but the deck is heavily stacked against her. Unless Einhart slacked on her training, while it'll be a tricky fight for her, she should still win.
Old 2011-06-05, 18:19   Link #759
Justin_Brett

Yeah, but don't go 'well, she'll win 'cause she's the main character'. Doing that is like dissecting a joke.
Old 2011-06-05, 19:45   Link #760
Mirron

There is reasoning, but it's also just the most logical outcome. Sometimes things happen not because it's how it should go, but because the story dictates it.

Tags
vivid