AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 14 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-18, 03:58   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:28   Link #2
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Too bad I couldnt watch it, but seeing the screenshots of it seems like they finished novel 17? Someone clarify this for me.

Shana in that gothic dress was really cute though, and as expected the extra flame haze is Khamshin.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-11-18, 14:04   Link #3
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice so Khamshin was the other flame haze that will help Wilhelmina and Rebecca. Nice that Yuji saved Shana in time from Hecate. Shana was so cute it that dress. So we're now in phase 2 of the Snake's grand order plan.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:08   Link #4
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I finally watched the episode, out of these 3 build up episodes this was definitely the best one. Things will finally start rolling next week, all those people that complained about the lack of action will finally start getting it.
Old 2011-11-18, 15:25   Link #5
Luminisk

The ball is finally rolling.

Old 2011-11-18, 16:11   Link #6
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

That was some episode. The first time Serei no Hebi evil laughed freaked me out though.
Old 2011-11-18, 16:41   Link #7
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
That episode was awesome. And yeah... the War Begins! Can't wait till next week ^^
Old 2011-11-18, 18:59   Link #8
ElricKeyblade

Just watched this epi (Thank GOD for Funimation simulcasting), and I just gotta say:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! 8DDDDDDD

Yeah, as you can tell, I pretty much LOVED this episode. f^^;;

Favorite parts:

Yuji's facial expression when he prevented Hecate from firing anymore...fire at Shana. GOLD.

Yuji kneeling in front of a beat-up Shana and picking her up.

Shana in that cute dress.

Yuji and Shana walking together holding hands.

Yuji complimenting Shana on her clothes.

Yuji holding Shana's hand one more time before leaping up into the sky (I LOL'd at that particular part XP ).

...Yeah, basically I loved all the ShanaxYuji scenes. *_*

Additional comments:

Was the story Khamsin said his own story? If so...WOW. o.o Pretty epic stuff. Whatever happened to that monster- did it survive as Khamsin survived (if that really was his story)?

Every time Yuji pointed his finger up in the sky I was getting Kamina or Simon flashbacks, lol. (And no, I'm not really a hardcore Gurren Lagann fan, and yet I still know this. Guess that's how epic it is.)

And...when Shana offered Yuji her hand- O.O Maaaaaan. Is it me, or is Yuji particularly grabby this season? I guess he now has the mentality of "When I see something I want, I take it." XD

Didn't much care about Kazumi this episode, though I admit that I was impressed at her reasoning. Too bad she didn't show more of that throughout the seasons instead of just being the irritating corner of the love triangle- I might've liked her more. *shrugs*

Aaaaaand, that's it.

But seriously- this episode had me squeeing constantly for joy. I love, LOVE Foe Yay, so all the situations of all the ShanaxYuji interactions here made me want to fly from happiness. 8DDDDDDD

Next episode, here we come!

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just thought of something- in the trailer, didn't it show Yuji's hand cupping Shana's chin when she showed herself in that awesome dress? How come we didn't get to see that??? ;_;

...I know I know, greedy. I'll go rewatch the episode now. :P

Last edited by ElricKeyblade; 2011-11-18 at 19:12.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:04   Link #9
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Too bad I couldnt watch it, but seeing the screenshots of it seems like they finished novel 17? Someone clarify this for me.

Shana in that gothic dress was really cute though, and as expected the extra flame haze is Khamshin.
yes this episode was the end of volume 17 yujji last words at the end of the episode is the same lines in the end of volume 17
Old 2011-11-18, 20:06   Link #10
elior

great episode from all the build up episodes this was the best and next week the war finally begin
Old 2011-11-18, 21:12   Link #11
Senshigeia

Great episode indeed!

I know, I'm a meany, but I loved to hear Shana scream like a girl! (I remember season 1 and her screams were horrible...). Also loved the Shana x Yuji moments. finally we are getting somewere. And now, let's wait for the war!!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-11-18, 21:32   Link #12
alvinkhorfire

Great episode indeed, J. C. Staff faithfully adapted the novel material. Another long week to wait for yet another exciting episode. Sigh.

Why didn't J. C. Staff include a short scene of Shana wearing the gothic dress as a preview in the last episode? It would have boosted the rating for this episode.

Spoiler for Character Name:

I wonder why Shana is now less apprehensive in extending out her hand, to be grabbed by Yuji. It is because she is just powerless to oppose it and now accepts things as they are?

What is the reason of Khamsin revealing his background story to Kazumi? To show that love can propel anyone to do anything?

Hecate chooses to eliminate Shana not because Hecate is jealous of Yuji's love to Shana. To understand this point, we should disregard Konoe Fumina arc in Season 2, as it is just an anime original material that does not exist in the novel.

I believe that the Flame Haze side is making a mistake for just reinforcing all their resources in defending remaining two headquarters, in Japan and in Switzerland, whereas they should be stopping Bal Masqué from entering the God Gate to retrieve the Snake of the Festival's real body. To do that, the Flame Haze side should send more Flame Hazes to assist Wilhemina in saving Shana and then preventing Bal Masqué's further progress. Well, we cannot expect the Flame Hazes to know everything, right? It is always the case that antagonists are always a few steps ahead of protagonists. What to do? The Flame Hazes definitely have a lot of grounds to catch up in the near future.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-18 at 22:24.
Old 2011-11-18, 21:47   Link #13
lightbringer
M9000

Finally, Shana and Yuuji interaction that was sorely missing last week. And the army is finally gathered, now the war can begin proper. Awesome sauce. But I kind of think they overdid it with the evil smirks for Yuuji , SotF is showing through too much... probably being overjoyed at the "all the cards are in my hands" scenario. Things are going too well for him so far. And poor Shana, that must be like half the Crimson Realm gathered down there... lots of enemies to fight and her powers are sealed, to boot.
Old 2011-11-18, 22:49   Link #14
elleinad00

wow this episode's really cool!

Because:
-Yandare Hecate Huh'
-A really Cute Shana

-Some nice speech
-I KINDA starting to like Kazumi here....

But:
Yuuji's laughs, facial expressions and everything about yuuji in this episode gives me the creeps.....

Wooohoo can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2011-11-18, 23:00   Link #15
redflame

LOVED THE EPISODE. I don't know where I should begin telling how awesome this episode is but for now.. I'll just say the best parts.

Shana wearing that beautiful dress. AHHH SUPAAA KAWAII~!! Plus, it looks great on her, especially when Yuji and Shana held hands together. OH DAMN THEY LOOK AWESOME TOGETHER. I couldn't help but squeal when Yuji took her hand and pulled it towards him.

Seeing Hecate attack Shana as the defenceless Shana jumps around dodging them. Also seeing the look on SOF Yuji's face as he examined the situation and defending her? I can't comprehend HOW AWESOME THAT PART WAS. However, it was kinda ruined when Yuji was carrying Shana in his arms and saying how successful and how well everything is progressing.. was creepy. O_O

Also, as they held hands together and that part where Yuji held Shana's hand and then let go.. oh man.. I loved it.

Anyway, aside from the Yuji and Shana moments, J.C staff animated Yuji's face well.. but still not well enough.. :/. I was expecting Yuji to smile happily to her instead of that creepy smile he gives o.O. But meh, it must be all part of the merging thing between Yuji and SOF.

Yay! the kick-ass Khamsin dude is back. I missed how awesome he fought back at season 1 . It was nice how he was sharing a story of how he fought a random monster he loved. This story reminds me of how Yuji and Shana will have to fight at the end and we know this because it showed at the beginning of the season that they were fighting. It makes me think that both of them could die Though, I don't understand what he was trying to tell Yoshida about love.. :/. If anyone could give me more details to this, it is very much appreciated It was nice to see Yoshida mature which has slightly changed my opinion of her. I've never liked her since the start of the show.

Now I know that Yuji gets more scarier as the anime progresses. (Especially the evil laugh) I guess he's too confident in himself.. and plus, I didn't know there would be so many tomogaras O_O.

From watching the preview, I can't wait to see how Rebecca Reed and Khamsin and other flame hazes kick-ass with the tomogaras. Especially Sophie Sawallisch. Wonder what Shana will be doing after Yuji has left her. It'll also be interesting to see how Wilhelmina tries to get Sereiden. I missed that place.

Overall, it was such an awesome episode with stuff I've expected and not expected to see such as the creepy Yuji. Can hardly wait for the next episode. And to kill time, I'm gonna watch it again.
Old 2011-11-18, 23:23   Link #16
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Great episode indeed, J. C. Staff faithfully adapted the novel material. Another long week to wait for yet another exciting episode. Sigh.

Why didn't J. C. Staff include a short scene of Shana wearing the gothic dress as a preview in the last episode? It would have boosted the rating for this episode.
I also thought the same, but I guess they will either leave that scene for further episodes or they replaced it for the Yuji's speech (which I think that it's way more awesome)

Quote:
I wonder why Shana is now less apprehensive in extending out her hand, to be grabbed by Yuji. It is because she is just powerless to oppose it and now accepts things as they are?
Got explained on the EP. 6, Shana assumed that Yuji didn't want to harm her as she thought first, but to just grab her arm and tell her that everything was going to be just fine.

Quote:
What is the reason of Khamsin revealing his background story to Kazumi? To show that love can propel anyone to do anything?
More likely just taking advantage of the situation to let us know a little more about Khamsin. Also a kind of mensagge that love doesn't reconoze limits.

Quote:
Hecate chooses to eliminate Shana not because Hecate is jealous of Yuji's love to Shana. To understand this point, we should disregard Konoe Fumina arc in Season 2, as it is just an anime original material that does not exist in the novel.
I believe that Hecate feels something, not for Yuji, the Mistes, but for the God of Creation. Sydonay seems bothered once and Bel Peol tryes to calm him down saying that Hecate was not close to their master (Mmm?). After this few events, she starts to act colder with Senpen and he is surprised by this, then he laughts (I don't know why).

Anyways, I love the new Hecate with a little more expresivity and emotions.

Quote:
I believe that the Flame Haze side is making a mistake for just reinforcing all their resources in defending remaining two headquarters, in Japan and in Switzerland, whereas they should be stopping Bal Masqué from entering the God Gate to retrieve the Snake of the Festival's real body. To do that, the Flame Haze side should send more Flame Hazes to assist Wilhemina in saving Shana and then preventing Bal Masqué's further progress. Well, we cannot expect the Flame Hazes to know everything, right? It is always the case that antagonists are always a few steps ahead of protagonists. What to do? The Flame Hazes definitely have a lot of grounds to catch up in the near future.
They are not conscious Bal Masque plans, they just know that the God of Creation is back and that he is trying to do the same that he tryed eons ago. Not even Alastor, who is also a God, knew that a body can be retrieved from the Abyss, so we can't spect that the Flame Hazes guess that so simply.

The mission to save Shana is a kind of 'Commando'. If they were to attack all at the same time with their whole army, they would have dozens of disvenatages.

-Not knowing how large the opponents' forces are

-If they have any secret weapondry with then

-If the enemy is using Shana as bait to drag all the Flame Hazes to perdition.

Also, using the enemy's central command is not a good idea. They doesn't know neither if Snake of the Festival's powers are fully unrestricted as the last time (in which he killed hundreds of Flame Hazes). It would be risking a lot for just one single warrior, but at the same time there is a small chance that they can get there and rescue the only person that can actually destroy a God.

Sophie is trusting in Willhelimina and Rebecca's abilities and since they both will ignore her orders, it can't be helped. But I guess she also wants to save Shana because she send Khamsin, who is a Flame Haze that can only be compared by the highest generals, to this almost impossible mission.

At any extent, I believe that waiting Bale Masque to do the first move before moviliizing their warrios is the wisest thing to do with the information they have. And sending a small group that may sucess and at the same time earn some information about what's going on in Snake's head is also a good choice.
Old 2011-11-18, 23:50   Link #17
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

There is one thing I didnt understand. The whole deal with the artifical body of the snake and that so called "absorption" spell that was apparently active when it shouldnt....that entire scene just went over my head.

Anyone care to help me understand?
Old 2011-11-19, 00:32   Link #18
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
There is one thing I didnt understand. The whole deal with the artifical body of the snake and that so called "absorption" spell that was apparently active when it shouldnt....that entire scene just went over my head.

Anyone care to help me understand?
Same here.

I guess that the Absorption spell was the one that Sabrac forzed into the Reiji Maigo. And the anomaly that Lamies finds is the presence of Johan inside.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:33   Link #19
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nice Yoshida development for this episode.

That alone makes is 10/10 for me.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:56   Link #20
alvinkhorfire

Thank you very much for your elaborative reply, SkyFlames. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I believe that Hecate feels something, not for Yuji, the Mistes, but for the God of Creation. Sydonay seems bothered once and Bel Peol tryes to calm him down saying that Hecate was not close to their master (Mmm?). After this few events, she starts to act colder with Senpen and he is surprised by this, then he laughts (I don't know why).

Anyways, I love the new Hecate with a little more expresivity and emotions. .
Yes, you said better than mine. Whatever feeling Hecate has, is solely dedicated to only the Snake of the Festival himself, not to Yuji. This is the real Hecate as it should be. The inaccurate portrayal of Hecate as shown in the end of Season 1 may confuse some anime viewers. In short, there isn't any love triangle between Yuji, Shana and Hecate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
The mission to save Shana is a kind of 'Commando'. If they were to attack all at the same time with their whole army, they would have dozens of disvenatages.

-Not knowing how large the opponents' forces are

-If they have any secret weapondry with then

-If the enemy is using Shana as bait to drag all the Flame Hazes to perdition.

Also, using the enemy's central command is not a good idea. They doesn't know neither if Snake of the Festival's powers are fully unrestricted as the last time (in which he killed hundreds of Flame Hazes). It would be risking a lot for just one single warrior, but at the same time there is a small chance that they can get there and rescue the only person that can actually destroy a God.

At any extent, I believe that waiting Bale Masque to do the first move before moviliizing their warrios is the wisest thing to do with the information they have. And sending a small group that may sucess and at the same time earn some information about what's going on in Snake's head is also a good choice.
Sorry for not making my previous post clearer. To prevent Bal Masqué from entering the God Gate, Flame Hazes need to arrive first at Seireiden. Thus, attacking Seireiden is not something that can be avoided; it is an neccessity to stop Bal Masqué from retrieving Snake of the Festival's real body. Maybe saving Shana is just a secondary objective, but Flame Hazes cannot delay any further in their attack on Seireiden, which should be their primary mission now.

Yes, as you mentioned, there are a lot of unknowns in attacking Seireiden and it is dangerous to do so. However, the current situation will worsen even further, once they have released the Snake of the Festival's real body. It is now or never.

Anyway, I appreciate your point of view, SkyFlames. It is okay for all of us to have some differences in our opinions.

On a side note, it is awesome to see SnH Yuji confidently giving motivational speech to tons of tomogaras, prior to battle.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-19 at 01:27.
Closed Thread