AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-29, 02:00   Link #561
Key Board
Carbon

I played the game, and I actually not sure about part either.

But as you can guess, it's Haruki's notebook. Actually, why does Takeya have it?

It contains things Haruki was written, and I'm going to guess that Takeya has read that, made his assumption(right or wrong), and acted upon it.

Edit: I just refreshed my memory and played the game. Yes, it's definitely related to things in that notebook.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-10-29 at 02:14.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 07:18   Link #562
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Looks like the same notebook ("October 2007"). In the OP, all I can see in it is the lyrics to the OP (Todokanai Koi - "Love that Doesn't Reach [You]").

Does anyone have any idea (without a spoiler from game knowledge) what "his real dream" is? Haruki says he wants to full "his real dream" when he hands the notebook over to Kazusa. I guess that means Takeya's dream. Is it just a full two-song performance? Or is it something else?
Erm... 'Takeya' give the book, to fulfill 'Haruki's' right? haha
Spoiler for i dont really know if this will be spoiler or not, some maybe can guess it:

to make it easy, well... Takeya said it while giving the notebook, so I guess the content of it is actually important
and just like I said from before, looks like Takeya's action related to how he guess about the situation from looking at Haruki's action
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 08:52   Link #563
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Looks like the same notebook ("October 2007"). In the OP, all I can see in it is the lyrics to the OP (Todokanai Koi - "Love that Doesn't Reach [You]").

Does anyone have any idea (without a spoiler from game knowledge) what "his real dream" is? Haruki says he wants to full "his real dream" when he hands the notebook over to Kazusa. I guess that means Takeya's dream. Is it just a full two-song performance? Or is it something else?
I have no idea what his real dream could it be. But the first thing that did surprise me was that Takeya had Haruki's notebook in the first place. I mean, if that notebook is so important for him?! I can presume that Haruki abandoned his dreams in the past, but Takeya kept it (notebook) knowing that it was important to him (Haruki).
In any case it puts Takeya in a different light. I didn't give him much/any credit more than being your typical more or less useless wingman character Instead with that action he gained some points. How many is up to how concrete and valuable Haruki's dream is. And that's important even to establish how reliable he is, yes in general, but specifically because he decided to pass the notebook to Touma. What did he see in her to entrust her with such a, apparently, big responsibility? Because she was able to make him work for 10 hours a day, aka perseverance that probably he lacked?
I keep feeling sorry for Setsuna, even if I'm rooting for Touma, because so far every single event seems to point firmly to Touma. And this fact is starting to worry me

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 11:24   Link #564
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will give Takeya props, is putting in a lot of effort behind the scenes and did pass along that notebook for a good reason. Bit of a silly guy, but also probably has good enough sense not to get into the middle of the storm that is going to come from this love triangle .

While missing a bit early on Touma has definitely gotten the spotlight as of late. Pretty well balances things out. Curious how things bounce between the two main girls and how things start to evolve. Setsuna figuring out that Haruki has been staying there to practice should definitely help push things along.
Old 2013-10-29, 17:38   Link #565
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I keep feeling sorry for Setsuna, even if I'm rooting for Touma, because so far every single event seems to point firmly to Touma. And this fact is starting to worry me
While I don't feel sorry for Ogiso at all, fact that everything point on Touma worry me as well. It appear to be TOO OBVIOUS for it to be final. It might be different type of worry here though.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:05   Link #566
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
While I don't feel sorry for Ogiso at all, fact that everything point on Touma worry me as well. It appear to be TOO OBVIOUS for it to be final. It might be different type of worry here though.
It's a love triangle story, and it's only beginning, so we'll probably get some shifting between the focus on our heroines. Setsuna is no shy girl, I'm sure she'll try something to stand out.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:54   Link #567
TimeSkip

Quote:
ya it is too obvious. When things don't balance out in situation like this, it's not even fun to watch.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 23:56   Link #568
Mazryonh

One small detail; aside from the note saying "No need for dinner this week" left by Haruki's mother, are Haruki's parents completely absent in the story? The lack of info on this makes me think he might be an orphan.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 04:00   Link #569
Arya

^mmm, I don't know, it is a possibility, what I noted at that point was that Haruki and Touma have similar family backgrounds: absent parents; despite Touma's speech about her being different and all from him and Setsuna (trying to keep the distance). In contrast of Setsuna that seems to have a normal and solid family behind. (I need to check again Haruki guessing about her family issues )
Unless they won't surprise us later on, highly possible, we have the loner Touma vs. Setsuna who's your typical good girl. The one that needs to be explored now should be Haruki. They just threw some hints here and there.

Quote:
If you meant my worry, that's the same as yours. But, other than being too obvious, I would call it even too well written (don't know a better term) to toss it away in a acceptable way.
Anyways, we have to wait the turning point and than see what will happens. Even if I have my expectations already settled.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 04:14   Link #570
Tenzen12

"Too well written to be tossed away in acceptable way" is well putten. Better than I did.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 11:46   Link #571
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
One small detail; aside from the note saying "No need for dinner this week" left by Haruki's mother, are Haruki's parents completely absent in the story? The lack of info on this makes me think he might be an orphan.
His parents are in another province I think. In Japan, sometimes the wife will join her husband who works in another part of Japan.

The only one with present parents are Setsuna's. Heck she even has a little brother. Leaf should just make an otome game based on Setsuna's route - *IS SHOT*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:40   Link #572
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
His parents are in another province I think. In Japan, sometimes the wife will join her husband who works in another part of Japan.
I see, like other Leaf games, the protagonist's family is considered unimportant, even though Haruki is more characterized than most faceless protagonists in eroge. He reminds me of Takaki Kouno from To Heart 2 in this respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The only one with present parents are Setsuna's. Heck she even has a little brother. Leaf should just make an otome game based on Setsuna's route - *IS SHOT*.
Why not an otome game for Setsuna? It would address what I believe is a very unrealistic aspect of WA2's universe--how she's not being approached by suitors on a frequent basis. Kazusa at least acts aloof, unapproachable, and close-mouthed. Setsuna has been the school idol how-many-times now, and is both pretty, approachable, and talkative. It'd be more realistic to finally, in a potential otome game, see her get lockerfuls of love letters, similar to how her look-alike Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion did.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 19:31   Link #573
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i find this to be the absolute beauty of the show. there is no right decision! if i take anything away from this show through 4 eps and compare it to other shows of this type, is that by now, i've firmly entrenched myself behind one ship and am firing shots at the other.

just completely off topic, Setsuna reminds me of Shirley from Code Geass. I loved her dearly. Touma reminds me of Yomi from Ga Rei Zero and Yuuko from Tasogare Otome, both of whom I liked a lot. I have a feeling that no matter which way the show goes, I'll be happy with it.

Also, Satelight is doing an amazing job with the show. everything is very cleanly animated, and the little cues in terms of character behavior are very subtle, yet draw enough attention to them to give us hints.
Exactly. They are similar to those characters and I liked all of them too. This is a toughy! Let's keep watching.
Old 2013-10-31, 07:06   Link #574
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

I find it funny looking at this Takeya
Spoiler for takeya:
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 13:24   Link #575
Frontier

I really enjoyed episode 4 .

Honestly, if I had to work with Kazusa when she was dressed like that, I highly doubt I could concentrate at all. You're a lucky man Haruki !

I thought there were some great humorous moments, from Takeya's reactions, Haruki walking in on Kazusa, and Kazusa being unable to hold it in after watching the "Sound of Destiny" video .

My respect for Takeya has shot up quite a bit after this episode, especially since he's proving to not be just the traditional "bromantic foil." He's removed from the main performance, despite being the head of the club, and still makes a decent backtrack for the group. He's also proving to be a good friend to Haruki, trying to help ensure that his friends true dream gets fulfilled in some way. And he's slowly realizing where things are headed for our trio's relationship, which will likely be very important further into the series.

Things do seem to be favoring Kazusa in terms of the triangle, though that may be a result of episodes one and two being Setsuna focused, so three and four are meant to balance it out by focusing primarily on Kazusa.

Still, I feel that Haruki has been far more attentive to Kazusa in these two episodes than he has ever been with Setsuna, and seems far more enthralled with the former than the latter. It makes me feel bad for Setsuna considering how hard she's trying with Haruki, especially when it looks like she's really fallen for him .

Then again, I concur that it seems a little too obvious that Haruki will choose Kazusa, so I'm interested to see where things go from here. Setsuna appears to have caught on to Haruki's "sessions" with Kazusa, so I could see her trying harder to appeal to him and that balancing things out.

As for the fanservice, I don't have a problem with it. Compared to most anime, I think it's pretty darn tame, and so far it doesn't feel like we've lost anything storywise because of it. And isn't the scene with Kazusa in the game? I know it's in the games opening...

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-31 at 17:16.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 18:53   Link #576
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Interesting pairups they've done with two months of posters

NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Megami
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 20:37   Link #577
Key Board
Carbon

ugh.. why did the pinup have be that
my heart.. it hurts
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 09:17   Link #578
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
4 episodes in and still going very strong and one of my two favourites of the season, the other being Kyousogiga. If Kyousogiga feeds my mind, then this series feeds my heart because it just hits all my right buttons. Some fanservice scenes annoy me a tad but it quite tame so I don't mind it. I love how they integrate the music element into a school romance story and it isn't forcibly put in nor is it a mundane side element (ala K-on).

I keep noticing the BGM which is possibly its best characteristic of the series. I think I need to get a hold of the OST.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 11:41   Link #579
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Interesting pairups they've done with two months of posters

NSFW
Nyantype

NSFW
Megami

Setsuna may think Kazusa has her beat in various departments, but I think this scan proves they're both very attractive .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 07:33   Link #580
EroKing

Freebies.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical