AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-27, 00:35   Link #4061
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlade View Post
how about Irina's parent is the one held kusanagi and will be given to Irina?
No Irina's parents only possessed a unnamed Holy Sword.

Quote:
“Except when I was really small, it seems there was a child who was a Christian living in the neighbourhood.”
“So, there is one near you… No, there was a holy-sword in this area about 10 years ago. It’s so terrifying.”
“Then is that sword really a holy-sword?”
“Yes, it’s one of the holy-swords. It’s not as powerful as the legendary holy-sword I mentioned before, but it’s the real thing. Then it must mean that this man is the holy-sword wielder…… Now I get it. I heard that my predecessor who was in charge of this area vanished, but it would make sense if this was the reason. But if I remember……”
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
If im not wrong the sword that her parents had was an excalibur
BTW, the Ama no murakumo no Tsurugi is a zekken or a makken ??
It's Seiken and Maken.
Old 2014-03-27, 03:57   Link #4062
lived_1714

What we need is the illustrator of all Evil Dragon smiling before the death battle with the Heavenly Dragons.
Old 2014-03-27, 06:00   Link #4063
Always86

Compared to some LNs we don't get many illustrations in DxD I'd rather they were all used on the girls!
Old 2014-03-27, 06:33   Link #4064
G147

To me it's more important to get well drawn illustration and more illustration back. In the past DxD had about 9-10 illustration per volume unlike now. What i would love to see in an illustration are Issei's CCQ, Vali's EJOD, and probably on the Evil Dragons.
Old 2014-03-27, 06:40   Link #4065
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
To me it's more important to get well drawn illustration and more illustration back. In the past DxD had about 9-10 illustration per volume unlike now. What i would love to see in an illustration are Issei's CCQ, Vali's EJOD, and probably on the Evil Dragons.
^ and the mysterious dragon king tiamat
Old 2014-03-27, 09:03   Link #4066
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

I was just joking about Asia becoming a sadist btw. I'd miss our adorable innocent Asia if such a thing were to happen (plus we already have an absolute sadist in the Holy Cross girl, and Akeno who's an S to everyone and an M to only Ise, we don't need another one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Agreed, I'd love to see all of those illustrated (preferably in color) as well. Oh, and Gasper Balor. Now that would be a great illustration too. DxD really does need 9-10 well drawn (Miyama-Zero-sama's art in DxD is always fantastic from what I've seen) illustrations like it used to have.
Old 2014-03-27, 11:57   Link #4067
DocBernax2814

What I want to see illustrated is Issei and Vali in battle with the evil dragons.
Ohh, and Rias finisher move and Akeno thunder dragon attack.

Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, that's how is more commonly known, came from a dragon, was a possession of the Japanese goddess Amaterasu and, according to legend, is able to control the wind.

Not a demonic sword because it wasn't created using demonic power.
Not a holy sword because it wasn't created using holy power.

So, it's a sacred sword.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:27   Link #4068
vlade

so kusanagi are dragon slayer type then. then i hope Vali are the one who got it( to balance the power of dragon slaying with Issei ). and i hope Miyama-zero incrase the ilusstration of DxD ( maybe the decrase of the ilusstration because she draw for Oh-Oku no Sakura ilusstration? )
Old 2014-03-27, 12:43   Link #4069
teejmo

No, no, Kusanagi came from Yamato-no-Orochi's tail. How can it be a dragon slayer if it came from a dragon? To retell the tale, Susanoo had been ejected out of heaven and came down to Earth. There he found a couple of old people and a beautiful daughter. After being asked why the heck they were crying, the three explained that every year, an Evil Dragon (Yamato-no-Orochi) came and ate one of their daughters. This daughter was the last. So Susanoo decided he'd kill the dragon if he could have the daughter instead. Naturally, the girl wanted to be alive, so they agreed to the proposal. (In this case, lust solved the problem. Ise would be so proud.) After getting YnO drunk and passed out, Susanoo proceeded to slice and dice the dragon up unto he got to one of his tails, when his sword suddenly snapped in half. After digging up a bit, Susanoo found Kusanagi, took it for his own, and everyone lived happily ever after.

It's not a dragon slayer. It's so strong, it broke Susanoo's sword. So, you could say it's stronger than a dragon slayer. And I'm pretty sure that the sword has appeared in one of DxD's short stories, though don't ask me which one.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:47   Link #4070
DocBernax2814

Quote:
so kusanagi are dragon slayer type then. then i hope Vali are the one who got it( to balance the power of dragon slaying with Issei ).
Hmm....never thought of it in that way. A sword that comes from a dragon is then a dragon slayer?

Notice that, in legend, as far as I know, it had never been used as a dragon slayer.

Quote:
and i hope Miyama-zero incrase the ilusstration of DxD ( maybe the decrase of the ilusstration because she draw for Oh-Oku no Sakura ilusstration? )
Probably.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:56   Link #4071
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Hmm....never thought of it in that way. A sword that comes from a dragon is then a dragon slayer?
I highly doubt that it would be like that. Ise's sword, Ascalon, was originally St. George's, who was famous for slaying a dragon with it (though some legends suggest it was actually a lance). That name was derived from Ashkelon, a city in Israel. In no case does it claim that the sword was made from a dragon, I believe.
Old 2014-03-27, 13:19   Link #4072
vlade

yeah i just from wiki so what i read kusanagi already came out in short story even though it called holy sword? still i wandering what kind power it held( hope n0m@n can translate this short story )
Old 2014-03-27, 13:39   Link #4073
DocBernax2814

Quote:
yeah i just from wiki so what i read kusanagi already came out in short story even though it called holy sword? still i wandering what kind power it held( hope n0m@n can translate this short story )
Spoiler for info:

That's odd if not forged by God, why call it a holy sword?

I want to read that short story!!!
(What's the title of that short story?)
Old 2014-03-27, 13:49   Link #4074
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
That's odd if not forged by God, why call it a holy sword?
Because it was the personal weapon of another divine deity? It's also a prized possession of the Imperial family, who, until the conclusion of the second World War, was considered divine.
Old 2014-03-27, 14:43   Link #4075
aw454wtr

which is now classified as the strongest sword in DxD Holy king sword, Demonic emperor Gram or Ex-Durandal fusion
Old 2014-03-27, 15:30   Link #4076
teejmo

Caliburn, the sword Arthur Pendragon uses, is still the strongest, I believe. It still out distances Ex-Durandal in power by quite a bit, though, due to Ex-Durandal's variety of abilities, the sheer unpredictability may give Xenovia's sword a decent chance, once Xenovia masters it, of course.

Gram is the strongest demonic sword. I guess it could compare with Caliburn once Kiba masters it. But since Arthur has mastered his sword, and Kiba has not, it's not very comparable at the present moment.

I guess it also depends on the user as well. Considering Siegfried, with Gram and the other five demonic sword, still couldn't compete against Arthur, I guess we could say the sword chooses the wielder. Wait, that's exactly what happened with Kiba, wasn't it?
Old 2014-03-27, 16:19   Link #4077
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Caliburn, the sword Arthur Pendragon uses, is still the strongest, I believe. It still out distances Ex-Durandal in power by quite a bit, though, due to Ex-Durandal's variety of abilities, the sheer unpredictability may give Xenovia's sword a decent chance, once Xenovia masters it, of course.

Gram is the strongest demonic sword. I guess it could compare with Caliburn once Kiba masters it. But since Arthur has mastered his sword, and Kiba has not, it's not very comparable at the present moment.

I guess it also depends on the user as well. Considering Siegfried, with Gram and the other five demonic sword, still couldn't compete against Arthur, I guess we could say the sword chooses the wielder. Wait, that's exactly what happened with Kiba, wasn't it?

Though i wonder if the lucifer knight(kiba's master) would be the best swordsman in DxD? wonder how he'd compare to arthur and seigfried

Was there any SS that told who trained Xenovia in swordfighting, Gisrelda does not sound like a swordswoman to me while Irina's parent may have trained her

Anyone else find it odd that kiba's swordmaster did not train xenovia in vol 5, you'd think he would want to train the wielder of durandal, a sword that held off an army numbering 100,000
Old 2014-03-27, 17:33   Link #4078
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Though i wonder if the lucifer knight(kiba's master) would be the best swordsman in DxD? wonder how he'd compare to arthur and seigfried
Who knows, maybe there are other sword masters that are stronger. Don't forget, for example, that many of the Japanese gods are portrayed as master swordsmen.

Quote:
Was there any SS that told who trained Xenovia in swordfighting, Gisrelda does not sound like a swordswoman to me while Irina's parent may have trained her
Actually we know next to nil about the life of Xenovia before joining Rias peerage.

Quote:
Anyone else find it odd that kiba's swordmaster did not train xenovia in vol 5, you'd think he would want to train the wielder of durandal, a sword that held off an army numbering 100,000
That's because her master is Kiba.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:09   Link #4079
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

maybe okita owns the ama no murakumo no tsurugi, and that the god like speed he has is a power of that sword(since it can control wind(giving high velocity))
Old 2014-03-27, 18:58   Link #4080
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
maybe okita owns the ama no murakumo no tsurugi, and that the god like speed he has is a power of that sword(since it can control wind(giving high velocity))
No chance, Okita is a demon. Kusanagi is mentioned in the story as a holy sword.
Do the math.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life