AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 16:43   Link #1081
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
As to whether Ranka appears and behaves as a normal teenager, that's pretty much a resounding no. If you compare Ranka's appearance with those of other high school students in Frontier then it's clear that Ranka does not look like a normal teenager. Her choice for book bag (the VF backpack), sleeping attire (hippo-cow suit), and scarf & dress weekend attire all suggests that she's a middle school student at most. If it wasn't for the fact that Ranka wears a high school uniform and that we're told her 16th birthday is soon, we'd never know that she was approaching adulthood.
Cerrian, congrats on a very detailed and analytical post that addresses some of the key problems with Ranka's character design and development. She really should be tagged as a 12-14 years old instead of 16.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:44   Link #1082
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
What's more, when you have two such blank slates in the same series trying to hold a conversation with each other, well... it doesn't make for very good dialogue.
ROFTL. Touche.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:47   Link #1083
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Yeah, that was my long ass post of the month. Don't expect to see the next one anytime soon.

Anyone ever figure out what OD got banned over?
Wait, OD got banned? Must have been in the last two days. Figure me also interested why exactly she had to go, although I kinda think that it may have been for excessive smiley use.

Well, I guess she won´t go into "genocide mode" against us Sheryl fans anymore in the romance thread, then, eh?
Old 2008-07-23, 16:56   Link #1084
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wait, OD got banned? Must have been in the last two days. Figure me also interested why exactly she had to go, although I kinda think that it may have been for excessive smiley use.

Well, I guess she won´t go into "genocide mode" against us Sheryl fans anymore in the romance thread, then, eh?
It's probably just a temporary one. I can't imagine she'd do something bad enough to get permanently banned. She'll be back eventually I suppose.

Not that it matters to me, her next move was to prove it will be a RankaXAlto ending and I already believed that long before she came around this forum. Nothing she can say will get me to like the pairing either. Only the show itself can do that.

Though I'm starting to wonder if we won't get a Zero like ending instead...
Old 2008-07-23, 17:07   Link #1085
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
It's probably just a temporary one. I can't imagine she'd do something bad enough to get permanently banned. She'll be back eventually I suppose.

Not that it matters to me, her next move was to prove it will be a RankaXAlto ending and I already believed that long before she came around this forum. Nothing she can say will get me to like the pairing either. Only the show itself can do that.

Though I'm starting to wonder if we won't get a Zero like ending instead...
Geeze, man, you really are a "glass half empty" type of person.

I am an optimist, so I refuse to accept any other result than the right one, until those "not right" ones happen. IMO, it is far better to deal with problems and disappointments when they crop up, rather than to constantly feel bad about the possibility that they might happen.

That doesn´t stop me from discussing the not ideal endings, but I firmly believe that Sheryl X Alto is what will be the final pairing.

Of course some of those "not ideal" endings really suck, like Megumi in Rahxephon not getting Ayato. <sigh> But, eh, shit happens when it happens.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:11   Link #1086
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Of course some of those "not ideal" endings really suck, like Megumi in Rahxephon not getting Ayato. <sigh> But, eh, shit happens when it happens.
Well, I never expected anything Megumi x Ayato to be fruitful. It was clear to me in the beginning that Haruka was the destined one.

And I like Haruka more, so nyah.

Oh wait, this is a Mac thread... ahem, err... brainstorm...

GO SHERYL!!!

Yeah...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:14   Link #1087
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
That doesn´t stop me from discussing the not ideal endings, but I firmly believe that Sheryl X Alto is what will be the final pairing.

I still think Sheryl X Alto has a good shot since Ranka's bug queen meter is going off the chart now. As for Megumi X Ayato in Rahxephon... we all knew that was never going to happen anyway. Ahh... memories of shipper wars long ago.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:20   Link #1088
zalem

Until I see evidence proving otherwise, I will continue to think it's RankaxAlto. I might be a Sheryl fan but I'm not going to believe in a SherylxAlto ending because of that. I need facts. Hopefully Kawamori will give me something soon to lead me to believe in a SherylxAlto ending. I'm not dismissing it and saying there is no chance in hell of it happening. I'm just saying at this point in time, it doesn't look like it's happening. Kawamori can easily change that in a couple episodes though. An example in another anime where I initially thought the couple didn't have a shot, but recently changed my mind would be...

Spoiler for Spoiler for ep. 15 of Code Geass R2:

So similarly, if Kawamori does a major move to develop Alto and Sheryl then I'll be more likely to believe they have a shot. But right now I'm just not seeing any major romantic vibes between the two....it's mostly the dunce Alto's fault.

Though yeah, I agree Ranka's Little Queen meter is going off. That's why I think there might be a Zero like ending instead.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:28   Link #1089
Tak

Quote:
Until I see evidence proving otherwise, I will continue to think it's RankaxAlto. I might be a Sheryl fan but I'm not going to believe in a SherylxAlto ending because of that. I need facts. Hopefully Kawamori will give me something soon to lead me to believe in a SherylxAlto ending. I'm not dismissing it and saying there is no chance in hell of it happening. I'm just saying at this point in time, it doesn't look like it's happening. Kawamori can easily change that in a couple episodes though. An example in another anime where I initially thought the couple didn't have a shot, but recently changed my mind would be...
Given Kawamori's track history with Macross TV shows, he'd juggle our feelings as he see fit, giving us a little bit of a bait here and there, leading us to falsely believe in something then suddenly pull a reversal. Yeah, he will give us facts alright, then slam us with another set of equally important facts, and have our opinions switch 180 degrees only to reverse it back at the end. Keep our fingers crossed.

As for CC and Lulu, I think its obvious they are the logical pair. Nevermind that one potential competitor already died, while another had never overtly expressed her feelings. Then again, CG's pair works quite differently, so I can't exactly tell whats going to happen either.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:32   Link #1090
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Until I see evidence proving otherwise, I will continue to think it's RankaxAlto. I might be a Sheryl fan but I'm not going to believe in a SherylxAlto ending because of that. I need facts. Hopefully Kawamori will give me something soon to lead me to believe in a SherylxAlto ending. I'm not dismissing it and saying there is no chance in hell of it happening. I'm just saying at this point in time, it doesn't look like it's happening. Kawamori can easily change that in a couple episodes though.
Episode 10 - 13 has basically been one big Ranka development arc, with her pulling off her Moe deathstar supermove in episode 12. I would anticipate something similiar for Sheryl between episode 18 - 23. If there is no supermove from Sheryl by episode 23, then yeah, probably Ranka X Alto is it. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then (SHERYL がんばっていきまっしょい!).
Old 2008-07-23, 17:38   Link #1091
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
(SHERYL がんばっていきまっしょい!).
You guys are so unenthusiastic when cheering for the queen, let the Master show you how it is done (properly):

Spoiler for Ahem!:

- Tak (Although I have to admit, I am loving CC just as much right now)

Old 2008-07-23, 17:41   Link #1092
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You guys are so unenthusiastic when cheering for the queen, let the Master show you how it is done (properly):

Spoiler for Ahem!:

- Tak

We have a winner.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-23, 17:44   Link #1093
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
I stand corrected.
Old 2008-07-23, 18:59   Link #1094
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
it's mostly the dunce Alto's fault.
Meaning give him until the second to last episode until he finally click's onto who he's loved all along?

I hope it's not something like that. It's always done in a way you'll always remember in Macross, so i have my hopes up.
Old 2008-07-23, 22:02   Link #1095
Prov1

I still think it's gonna be RankaxAlto. However, I've been thinking about it and Ranka's childishness might prevent that. Also However, Ranka is queen of galaxy singer or something like that. Which directs my arrow towards rankaxalto. I still love sheryl
Old 2008-07-23, 22:11   Link #1096
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
It was kind of obvious from the first episodes, that Megumi wasn't the chosen one.

She wasn't a bad choice if Ayato had a twin brother his age.... But for the real Ayato, there was only one love. That feeling was returned emphatically(I'm not looking this word up, but I hope I used it correctly and in the right context) by the one he loved.
Old 2008-07-23, 23:17   Link #1097
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Quote:

Spoiler for Ahem!:
We have a winner.
Rematch time!!!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darial; 2008-07-24 at 00:29. Reason: Fixing a technical glitch ;-)
Old 2008-07-24, 00:09   Link #1098
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Rematch time!!!

Spoiler:
I see you have reserved your spirits to bring me a challenge, unfortunately, your attempt was futile.

Why? You might ask. I will tell you:

Spoiler for The Truth:

- Tak

Old 2008-07-24, 00:11   Link #1099
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
I see you have reserved your spirits to bring me a challenge, unfortunately, your attempt was futile.

Why? You might ask. I will tell you:

Spoiler for The Truth:

- Tak
O.o he looses for a mispelling? lol
Old 2008-07-24, 00:16   Link #1100
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
O.o he looses for a mispelling? lol
In war, every dirty little trick counts, ok?

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
romance