AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-15, 02:02   Link #61
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
You are wrong in the sense that when Lucifer was first created he was an angel in heaven, the most wise and beautiful angel God had created. At one point he became very arrogant and decided that he did not need God. That was when the war in heaven began, Lucifer and his followers (I think it migh have beet 1/3 of the angels in heaven before) were casted to hell by God.

In the bible the devil does not believe he is following God's plan although really he is.
The Bible never said anything about Lucifer being the Devil, or the fallen angels in general. there's only one line "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" in which "Lucifer" is more likely refering to Babylon rather than Devil. the Lucifer is fallen angel and Devil stuff is not in the Bible.

Instead there are various references in Old Testament to Satan/Adversary who sounded more like a proxy of God.
Old 2004-06-15, 03:06   Link #62
MooseGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
The Bible never said anything about Lucifer being the Devil, or the fallen angels in general. there's only one line "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" in which "Lucifer" is more likely refering to Babylon rather than Devil. the Lucifer is fallen angel and Devil stuff is not in the Bible.

Instead there are various references in Old Testament to Satan/Adversary who sounded more like a proxy of God.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Pandemonium was the one who rebelled against God, and in turn, Aion rebelled against Pandemonium to gain freedom. So if any, Pandemonium is "the Devil"....

MooseGirl
Old 2004-06-15, 03:42   Link #63
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster

I think that there will not be a sequel of Chrno Crusade. I remember that some months ago someone speaks about 26 episodes and also 6 OAVs. But the only sequel that can be made is an OAV about Azmaria. Nothing else can have sense.
Old 2004-06-15, 09:35   Link #64
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Petrucci Blu
I think that there will not be a sequel of Chrno Crusade. I remember that some months ago someone speaks about 26 episodes and also 6 OAVs. But the only sequel that can be made is an OAV about Azmaria. Nothing else can have sense.
There COULD be a prequel!

Or a sequel about Azmaria, like you said.

OR it could be a story about Remington and the descendants of the previous gang. Like Azmaria's daughter and Joshua's son (if he would have one). And maybe another Mary Magdalene-girl would be introduced, who would fall in love with Joshua's son. The possibilites are endless!
Old 2004-06-15, 10:07   Link #65
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
There COULD be a prequel!

Or a sequel about Azmaria, like you said.

OR it could be a story about Remington and the descendants of the previous gang. Like Azmaria's daughter and Joshua's son (if he would have one). And maybe another Mary Magdalene-girl would be introduced, who would fall in love with Joshua's son. The possibilites are endless!
Yes but it must become "Joshua Crusade" o something similar.

Another Chrno Crusade it can be an OAV with some small adventure of Azmaria and a lot of memories about Chrno and Rosette troughtout the story.

You have remembered me that...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-15, 11:21   Link #66
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Petrucci Blu
Spoiler:
Aha!!

Well, there's a possible sequel there!
Old 2004-06-15, 13:39   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Having read your last posts for some of you, I don't think there could be a sequel using previous characters.

It's also understanding that if plans for a sequel have to be conceived, you must be aware of how successful the show was.

Producers and executives won't risk investment for a sequel, if the original production resulted disastrous, did not achieve a massive fan support from the audience, and didn't made at all acceptable income profit either TV ratings or TV sales.

At all Rosette's and Chrno's story was self-concluding. Both, achieved their fates and left with no pending bussinesses. The same can be said about Azmaria and the Magdalena Convent which, according to the events foretold in the final episode of the anime, had to endure the pre-apocalyptic decade of the 30's (The Great Depression) that advented the fullfillment of the second Fatima Prophecy: The outbreak of World War II.

IMO, if there's to be a sequel then the plot and theme most move toward one direction.
In CC, we thought that Rosette's quest dealt about looking for Joshua. Then, the writers threw in Aion's plan to initiate the Apocalypse by awakening the bearer of the 7th stigmata (Rosette), however, unexpectedly what Aion wanted all along was to fullfill the Fatima Prophecy, well that's what I think.

IMO, the sequel has to move both the setting and scenarios toward the advent of the Third Fatima Prophecy without coming up with futile sub plots or uneccesary twist to its story.

I can only come with two likely time settings for the sequel IMHO:
United States during the early 50's (1953-1954).
The irreverent 50's as they were called, think so.
I don't know you, but I have some respected fascination for the 50's. This is the time period when the entire world decided to deviate from past tradition and move toward the technological progress.
Even though, the grand transformation that America suffered took place during the 60's regarding cultural, political, and economic affairs, it was the 50's were the first steps of rule breaking and cultural liberation began to take place in USA.

That is the decade when Americans christened and introduced the famous quote,
"one nation, under God, indivisible."

The other time setting would be our present era.
It's fascinating to watch in an Anime how the Japanese toy with the concept of transformation.
How clearly do they contrast the differences from morale to environmental in one era opposing the previous one.
I'm eager for a sequel to take place in the present-day. A period of uncertainty and in which human technology continues to dig deep toward new discoveries. An age where humans regard technology as their everyday standard of living, and many do not care much about faith.
People even more unconcerned about other's issues. Public crime and vandalism running amok and rampage throughout the cities.
Those previous symptoms might be used for the advent of the third Fatima Prophecy.
Old 2004-06-15, 23:57   Link #68
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
it was sad :'( well, a lot of you don't like the overall series, but I thought it was ok.. though some parts are too complicated to understand just by watching it =/
Old 2004-06-17, 04:27   Link #69
TrueKnight

Maybe Aion just like mocking god? How he wanted to be like him? Also in eps 23 before he died I think he said something like "Eloi, eloi lema saba blabla (I forgot)" which was like "god o god why did you abandoned me" in the bible? Wtf thats supposed to mean? he's angry because he failed on becoming god? so he decided to mocked god?

also I'm wondering what're the reactions of the people in japan regarding this eps, mainly christian ones. Rofl that'll be hilarious.

I bet they're squeezing their heads thinking wtf is this ending.
Old 2004-06-17, 05:22   Link #70
TetrFlare
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to TetrFlare
Hmmm... just watched finish the series.

What Aion said at the end, isn't that what is written signature? Haha
Old 2004-06-17, 07:05   Link #71
Oh(n)nO

a sequel could be possible. atho it would be hard considering they merde the anime with real events. and the 3d of fatima hasnt happend yet. but it would just be all out war. with Azmaria and sister kate and her order on one side (as leaders) Vs Aion on the other side. btw i read that Aion was dead but i saw him in the last eps or did my eyes desive me?

and a side story of reminton to regain his faith. and ending in the 100- years of clam.

but persoonly i rather have they didnt i love it they way it ended.
Old 2004-06-17, 11:24   Link #72
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetrFlare
Hmmm... just watched finish the series.

What Aion said at the end, isn't that what is written signature? Haha
Yes it is, but it's not from Xenosaga originally.

Here's a link that will explain some more:
http://acharlie.tripod.com/bible_study/alpha_omega.html

It says that Jesus was the one who said that, so does that mean that Aion is Jesus? That would make sense, since he can't be God.

And I know VERY little of the Fatima Prophecy, but Googled it and found some interesting points.
http://www.crystalinks.com/fatima.html
Quote:
On May 13, 1917 a luminous Apparition of the Virgin Mary appeared to three peasant children and delivered a prophecy that would change the world.
The three children - Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco took their flock of sheep to a natural hollow in the ground known as the Cova da Iria to graze, just outside the town of Fatima in Portugal. While the sheep were grazing the children began to play. Suddenly there was a flash of lightening. The children looked up, bewildered into the sky. The day was quiet pleasent and there was no sign of a storm. They started to gather the sheep thinking a storm was brewing in the distance when there was a second flash that caused total concern.

A few metres away stood a Lady of dazzling light. Their eyes were unable to comprehend the lady's brilliance and beauty .
The children smelled rose.
Note from Ellie: Floral fragrances link to spirit!
"Where are you from?" Lucy managed to ask.
"I am from Heaven".
"What do you want of us?" asked Lucia.
"I came to ask you to come here on the thirteenth day for six months at the same time, and then I will return here a seventh time."
After several other messages the lady asked finally for them to resite the Rosary daily before she rose in a cloud of light and glided away into the eastern sky. Lucia warned her cousins to say nothing of what they had seen out of fear of disbelief, but Jacinta was too excited. Predictably Jacinta told her parents about the Apparition and there was a general reaction of disbelief. Lucia`s mother was convinced that her child was lying and punished her continually when she refused to deny her story. Other children laughed at them and even spat at them.

But the visions of Mary -- and her series of prophecies remained apparent to the three children.
At first, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta had great difficulty trying to share what they had seen, because the government of Portugal was heavily opposed to religion at that time.
Francisco and Jacinta died in an influenza pandemic within three years of the 1917 "dance of the sun."
Lucia went on to become a nun. She told the church the details of Fatima prophecies, the first parts of which have common public knowledge for many years.
Just pretend you didn't read about the children being from Portugal...
Were the creators trying to imply that Chrno and Rosette were Francisco and Jacinta? And that Lucia (the sole survivor) is Azmaria (who also became a nun).
I think there is a connection there.

I think the flying disc-thing (the reported Aurora Borealis) was the Astral Line... Masa ka?

Let's investigate this! Although I can't know... I'm at work.

Also, am I the only one who is beginning to think that this show is just Christian propaganda?
Old 2004-06-17, 11:52   Link #73
dreamless

Quote:
It says that Jesus was the one who said that, so does that mean that Aion is Jesus? That would make sense, since he can't be God.
Well that doesn't make sense, because Jesus IS God. God is the Trinity, Jehovah, Jesus and the Spirit. I'm not Christian but it seems I have learnt quite a lot of things from warding off numerous "Christian advertisers" around here (kinda ironic).

Christian propaganda? depends on how you look at it I guess. I guess some Christian zealots (who also happens to be Chrno Crusade fan) will always be able to twist it and "research into it" and come out with some "interpretations" that suits their needs to "market Christianity". But from what I look at it, it's more like anti-Christian propaganda... admittedly I'm sorta anti-Christian (partly because of the numerous "Christian advertisers" around here, again kinda ironic)
Old 2004-06-18, 08:07   Link #74
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Well, I think the creators WANTED people like us wonder what the ending meant and then start researching the Christian religion and so on. And maybe we all turned Christian after that? :P

Also, Jesus is NOT God, he is the son of God (according to Christianity, right?). I'm not Christian either, but I think that's right.

By the way, Aion mentioned The One. Was Rosette The One? Or was it someone else... I didn't really get that. :\
Old 2004-06-18, 08:16   Link #75
dreamless

well, as I said, Jesus is God, God is the Trinity, which is the Son, the Father and the Spirit.

But then I guess Chrno Crusade is more Catholic than Christian, with all those emphasis on Mary...

Well, reseraching a lot into Christianity can turn you into a Christian or an anti-Christian, both equally likely
Old 2004-06-18, 19:59   Link #76
Jeffrey Ruebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, as I said, Jesus is God, God is the Trinity, which is the Son, the Father and the Spirit.

But then I guess Chrno Crusade is more Catholic than Christian, with all those emphasis on Mary...

Well, reseraching a lot into Christianity can turn you into a Christian or an anti-Christian, both equally likely

I might be wrong but I believe catholics are christians. Christians is a term used to classify all that has been saved.
Old 2004-06-19, 08:34   Link #77
Oh(n)nO

its could still be Christian if you think up a theory like rosetto and chrno raised the little orphan amzaria who is going to save the world isnt adoption kinde like a brith with out having to have intercorse first :P

dont minde me i;m bored :P
Old 2004-06-20, 05:47   Link #78
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

I still believe that Jesus is not supposed to be God. He is God's son. And that is according to Christian religion. One of the biggest differences between Islam and Christianity is the fact that Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, while muslims believe that God never had a son, but Jesus still exists in Islam. Although not in the same way. He is more of a prophet than a deity. So he is the son of God in Christianity. And we could assume that Aion is the same.
He does say "God, god, why have you forsaken me?" right before his "death". You know when Chrno "kills" him.

EDIT:
Further proof of Aion being Jesus.
http://bible.cc/mark/15-34.htm
Quote:
At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Why would Aion say that if he hadn't been forsaken by God? This just strengthens my theory of Aion being Jesus.

Last edited by Gravi-T; 2004-06-20 at 06:08.
Old 2004-06-20, 11:24   Link #79
Oh(n)nO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
I still believe that Jesus is not supposed to be God. He is God's son. And that is according to Christian religion. One of the biggest differences between Islam and Christianity is the fact that Christians believe that Jesus is the son of God, while muslims believe that God never had a son, but Jesus still exists in Islam. Although not in the same way. He is more of a prophet than a deity. So he is the son of God in Christianity. And we could assume that Aion is the same.
He does say "God, god, why have you forsaken me?" right before his "death". You know when Chrno "kills" him.

EDIT:
Further proof of Aion being Jesus.
http://bible.cc/mark/15-34.htm

Why would Aion say that if he hadn't been forsaken by God? This just strengthens my theory of Aion being Jesus.
Aion claims to be the alpha and the omega the beginning and the end. that would make him god. but then he also talks to "him" witch would be a refrents to the man upstairs.

and if he where jezus why would he refer to Rossette in his words to the man upstairs "so you have send down the mother". (my japanische is a bit rusty so i may have heard it wrong).

and he aint dead :P
Old 2004-06-20, 14:40   Link #80
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

I never claimed he was dead. I meant during the fight scene between Aion and Chrno, Chrno sliced him and that's when he uttered the words Eloi, Eloi, lama Sabachtani (which I have memorized now ), meaning that God had forsaken him.
I actually think he died, but resurrected himself. Just like Jesus did, he reappeared and lives with us today, still.

Furthermore, I think the message Aion was trying to give us was that, no matter how much we try, no matter the effort and thought we put into it, we cannot be saved; we are doomed anyway. And that the darkness shall enshroud us all.
MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
*turns into Aion*

MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Closed Thread