Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-22, 12:01   Link #1
KageSennin
Shadow Master

Send a message via AIM to KageSennin
Naruto Movie

Who here, after seeing Volcano High on MTV, thinks that they could make a pretty damn decent Naruto Live Action Movie? That would be the coolest thing since Naruto itself!
KageSennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 12:07   Link #2
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
I only saw the last 1/3 of Volcano High but i thought it sucked. I had big expectations for it but they were not met. It seems like they took a B movie put a horrible dub on it and then put there own horrible music on it and made the movie worse then what it was to start with. So in conclusion i don’t know if they can make a good live action Naruto movie or not but i know if they make it like Volcano High it will suck.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 12:37   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Uh... no.
All american live-action movies based on Japanese productions suck. Just see the horrible Godzilla, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat... I'm just interested in the Evangelion movie, since even GAINAX is in the project.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 13:07   Link #4
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Uh... no.
All american live-action movies based on Japanese productions suck. Just see the horrible Godzilla, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat... I'm just interested in the Evangelion movie, since even GAINAX is in the project.
Dude...how could you NOT mention the extra horrible versions of Fist of the North Star and Blackjack?

And then to top that all off...G-Savior. Live action US Gundam movie.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 13:09   Link #5
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Mortal Kombat has absolutely nothing to do with Japan, it was created, made, and everything in the USA, its not a japanese game, it wasnt based on anything in japan..
Old 2003-12-22, 16:02   Link #6
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
i liked mortal kombat when i saw it... was a long time ago though..
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:12   Link #7
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSennin
Who here, after seeing Volcano High on MTV, thinks that they could make a pretty damn decent Naruto Live Action Movie? That would be the coolest thing since Naruto itself!
I saw Volcano High last night on MTV and I liked it for what it was...eye candy. Considering the SFX that they used on that, I say a Naruto Live Action would look decent enough.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:50   Link #8
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
Mortal Kombat has absolutely nothing to do with Japan, it was created, made, and everything in the USA, its not a japanese game, it wasnt based on anything in japan..
Hmm yeah forgot that

But we had the horrible Street Fighter. And like OhJustSomeRandomGuy said, the horribles north-american versions of Fist of the North Star and Black Jack.

There were some rumors last year that they were planning on doing an american live-action movie of Akira. Hope that never happens.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 17:10   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Hmm yeah forgot that

But we had the horrible Street Fighter. And like OhJustSomeRandomGuy said, the horribles north-american versions of Fist of the North Star and Black Jack.

There were some rumors last year that they were planning on doing an american live-action movie of Akira. Hope that never happens.
Yeah well I guess it will hapen because the Akira movie production is already supposed to be started by the same producers or director as ''Blade''.

I admit I dint heard of it for a wile.. same for the DBZ movie
Old 2003-12-22, 17:38   Link #10
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Yeah well I guess it will hapen because the Akira movie production is already supposed to be started by the same producers or director as ''Blade''.

I admit I dint heard of it for a wile.. same for the DBZ movie
Just a side note, it's not just the US that messes that stuff up...HK makes some pretty bad ones too.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 22:04   Link #11
KageSennin
Shadow Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
I saw Volcano High last night on MTV and I liked it for what it was...eye candy. Considering the SFX that they used on that, I say a Naruto Live Action would look decent enough.
that was exactly my point. Not that they would dissect the Naruto movie and dub it to make it suck, but that it would look awesome, and be cool in subtitled(most likely fansubbed). Volcano High sucked ass, but it was really good looking and sounding., re-assess your answers after hearing this. Also, check out http://forums.animesuki.com/image.ph...ine=1071884923, it's wrynko's avatar, a good example of how cool the movie could be.

P.S. JOJO'S STAR, what did u get that AWESOME avatar from?
Old 2003-12-22, 23:16   Link #12
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
i saw volcano high on mtv, it was pretty kool, but the voices kinda sucked, i think watching the movie in it's original form with english subtitles would be alot better then the hip-hop/rap artists dubbed voices. I also hear that they cut some scenes out, and they disordered some stuff. As far as making a naruto movie, live action, i think if japan or korea tried to do that with their skills n stuff it would be pretty funny/kool. however it would probably cost alot of money making a hwole city/village from scratch like the leaf village or something. I personally don't think that would be happening anytime soon, or ever, butit really would be pretty kool to watch, kinda amusing probably.
sumflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 23:23   Link #13
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Just to let you people know, Volcano high is a korean production as far as I know.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 23:41   Link #14
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

if they make a live action akira im gonna have to fu*k up the person that does it (unless its done well which i highly doubt)
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 23:47   Link #15
ShinDragon

At least there's a anime movie of NARUTO coming.
August 2004 in Japan.

Consider the movie "Volcano High" was made in 2001.... it was kinda cool.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 02:25   Link #16
GunDream
Inactive Member

hmm, I don't watch a lot of TV, do you guys know what channel has animes? I only know nickolonean and cartoon network but american cartoon just sucks so bad. I can't stand watching them for 30 seconds. Except for Simpsons.
GunDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 02:48   Link #17
ninraven

You know, just because someone makes a live action version of a Japanese anime, doesn't mean you have to watch it. Let them make it, who cares, you know it will suck so dont watch it. Unless you are too big of an "otaku" to think it would disgrace the anime lol.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 06:31   Link #18
Tboz

The action sequence and CG in Volcano High was pretty decent and the style is very like anime. The story on the other hand is really...

There were some critics that say the movie was too exaggerated and much like Dragonball. But then it will be suitable for Naruto too.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 12:07   Link #19
KageSennin
Shadow Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDragon
At least there's a anime movie of NARUTO coming.
August 2004 in Japan.
is it really gonna take THAT LONG???

BTW, JOJO, if ur here, whered u get that avatar from(the one with the green haired girl w/ big boobs and the guy in the middle of them)???

Last edited by KageSennin; 2003-12-23 at 15:32.
Old 2003-12-23, 17:24   Link #20
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageSennin
BTW, JOJO, if ur here, whered u get that avatar from(the one with the green haired girl w/ big boobs and the guy in the middle of them)???
Dude, just PM the guy!
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote