AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 19:58   Link #3061
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Hmmm... do you think the christmas ham would be mutated, radioactive, or explosive.
When in doubt go with D) all of the above.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:11   Link #3062
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
the yaoi partner accelerator is the only harem member that would kill any girl that kisses Touma openly?
Not necessarily because she kissed Touma openly... more because he's a dangerous psychopath with a long history of violence and murder.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:23   Link #3063
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Concept which need to be poke hole at:

Concept 1:
Spoiler for Psiale:

Concept 2:
Quote:
"Those who climb the bodies of others will never ascend to heaven. No matter how many trillion of battles an Esper goes through, so long as the Esper is fighting for himself/herself and his/her own sake, he will never understand the will of heaven.

Although greed and ambition allow one to gather great power but one will never obtain Godhood, let alone surpass it."
The concept is based around the idea how most religion share similar principle that only through Selflessness, can one ascend to heaven.

Concept 3: (because 3 is a charm)
Spoiler for Esper Synergy:

====

Unrelated to the above concepts:
I think I will name the story after the Heroine of the story (seeing how the title (Railgun and Index are named after the main heroines).

Tagline is probably either:
When Realities cross paths and new path opens.

or as a joke:

In the sea of delusion known as Academy City, an imaginary(?) battle unfold with the Delusion world as the center stage!
Old 2013-04-02, 11:05   Link #3064
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Sorry for double posting but....

How do you show a character speaking in Osaka-ben using English?
Old 2013-04-02, 15:33   Link #3065
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Sorry for double posting but....

How do you show a character speaking in Osaka-ben using English?
Typically people use southern accents or things like that. But you could just mention that they're speaking in an osakan dialtect.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:33   Link #3066
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What system of magic would go well with the ability to replace yourself with an alternative version of yourself?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:58   Link #3067
Dyingbreath

Quote:
What system of magic would go well with the ability to replace yourself with an alternative version of yourself?
replace as in naruto-esque "swap body with log" or replace as in clone creation or mirror creation or something like that.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:19   Link #3068
tsunade666

Darn 5 days and still no net. Its like an eternity since I was been able to surf the net but being an hermit in the mountains has perks.

some character info on what I'm planning. I'm just renting right now so my current target is searching on gods/goddess for targets.

The ideas are up for changes and still not final. I hope the next time I surf the net. Something useful/helpful is posted.

Spoiler for fic info:

I'm still brainstorming for ideas and some may notice on the ideas for weapon I choose. yes like psycho pass, mahouka and air gear

need more sci-fi weapons that can kill/challenge gods.

Shiage needs more shot guns or AK russian rifles. Ahh! flash grenades, frag grenades and smoke screen grenades. Still need more ideas for this one.

I'm also still not set on the title of the fic or the name of the organization.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:10   Link #3069
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Um way different than both. Basically the dude swaps himself with an alternate version of himself in a parallel world. No smoke, no clones, both don't. Exist in the same world at once.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:19   Link #3070
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I should do a fic proposal thingy one of these days.

=
Anyway about your story.... It feels Shounen-ish. I think that is the direction you are taking (nothing wrong unless you are not).

I take it that it is kind of a cross-over with Campione considering that you are applying the concept in To-Aru-verse.

Just feel kind of weird though. But who knows, the finish product might actually be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
need more sci-fi weapons that can kill/challenge gods.
*Cough*Esper's ability *cough*
It is sci-fic, technically a weapon mentioned by canon to have the potential of challenging/over-taking God. It's just immature/developing at of the moment.

With that aside, I think I will still post one of my crazier idea (insane sci-fic weapon) later (currently busy at the moment). Use it as you please because I would only be using the dumb-down version of it in my story.
Old 2013-04-05, 23:46   Link #3071
tsunade666

shounen-ish? yeh I got that feeling when I'm saying how those 2 had fan girls but what I'm hoping for is a broken man or maybe a mercenary. It still in initial stage and YES! I don't like shounen stuff.

I'm also debating on too much sci-fi weapon or just go back to conventional weapons like a normal desert eagle, m-16 or Ak for Shiage and the normal way for Touma. Falcon punch the enemy. hmm.... that's also good but man. I just love to overuse dark matter. With all the possibilities one can make with it.

For now I will probably scratch the stupid school setting and set up the mercenary setting.

I want a mysterious group that hunts down gods, demons, phantasmal beings or divine beings, Apostles and youkai. Witches, magicians, to occult.

They even hunt down drug dealers or crime syndicate. They are trying to get into the dark side of the world to fine the answer to get back.

I say it before and I will say it again. I'm not good with slice of life style of writing. I can picture the battles, gore and killing but not the ordinary life setting and I'm trying to incorporate that because Tamni also has that but that's only at the beginning before all turns to hell.

hmm hmmm hmm..... another idea is when Touma is loosing hope and starting to become like Kiri but Shiage suggest that why not come back to school?

"boss your brooding too much, if we are returning home then it might be good if you continue your education"

for Shiage education isn't needed.

Accel and Kakine are way above that. But for Touma an average person that was lost in track. Having a normal life would probably balance him out.

That's the idea I'm trying to get. But maybe 3 months is indeed short. Maybe a couple of years before the start of campione novels.

I'm also debating the idea of why even bother sending those 4 into campione world.

Why not merge the 2 worlds or setting? like the campione indeed exist but in secret but my problem for that is ...... while campione are indeed strong. they are just few of them and if you compare them to the setting of tamni. The characters won't be balance at all.

Shiage in dragon rider might be bad idea <_< I just want him to shine but maybe the guerrilla tactics that he do is better for him.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:29   Link #3072
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
shounen-ish? yeh I got that feeling when I'm saying how those 2 had fan girls but what I'm hoping for is a broken man or maybe a mercenary. It still in initial stage and YES! I don't like shounen stuff.
Hint: It's not the fan girls but the setting about killing god. God-slaying is edging dangerously very close to Shounen.

Perhaps you should scrap the idea of God-slaying. Unless you want to show why attempts to kill god is a horribly bad idea..... Being revived and killed repeatedly or make things go really bad (turn out the God is actually the only thing that kept people from summoning the Outer-Gods successfully).

Quote:
I'm also debating on too much sci-fi weapon or just go back to conventional weapons like a normal desert eagle, m-16 or Ak for Shiage and the normal way for Touma. Falcon punch the enemy. hmm.... that's also good but man. I just love to overuse dark matter. With all the possibilities one can make with it.

For now I will probably scratch the stupid school setting and set up the mercenary setting.

I want a mysterious group that hunts down gods, demons, phantasmal beings or divine beings, Apostles and youkai. Witches, magicians, to occult.

They even hunt down drug dealers or crime syndicate. They are trying to get into the dark side of the world to fine the answer to get back.
Just stick with ITEM doing their jobs. If you don't want Shounen, the easiest way is to stick with conventional.

Quote:
I say it before and I will say it again. I'm not good with slice of life style of writing. I can picture the battles, gore and killing but not the ordinary life setting and I'm trying to incorporate that because Tamni also has that but that's only at the beginning before all turns to hell.

hmm hmmm hmm..... another idea is when Touma is loosing hope and starting to become like Kiri but Shiage suggest that why not come back to school?

"boss your brooding too much, if we are returning home then it might be good if you continue your education"

for Shiage education isn't needed.
....Which is why Shiage isn't exactly the right character to be used for badass normal. I think Shiage need more education rather than less, (or at the very least, go to library and spend some time self-studying/reading up).

Quote:
Accel and Kakine are way above that. But for Touma an average person that was lost in track. Having a normal life would probably balance him out.

That's the idea I'm trying to get. But maybe 3 months is indeed short. Maybe a couple of years before the start of campione novels.

I'm also debating the idea of why even bother sending those 4 into campione world.

Why not merge the 2 worlds or setting? like the campione indeed exist but in secret but my problem for that is ...... while campione are indeed strong. they are just few of them and if you compare them to the setting of tamni. The characters won't be balance at all.

Shiage in dragon rider might be bad idea <_< I just want him to shine but maybe the guerrilla tactics that he do is better for him.
Here is what you can do for Slice of Life:

Mundane stuff made pure awesome either by exaggeration (e.g. EPIC Exam cheating), plain stupidity (operating on troll logic) or epic fail (due to Touma's bad luck).

Slice of life can also be a little heart-warming by showing the softer side of the character (probably work for Accelerator and Kakine.)

About Shiage:
You might want to consider making him use his brain more often. (Esper and Magician are still humans, humans HAVE lots of weakness).

And I think Campione's setting is shounen...so....it is kind of inevitable that the story may turn out Shounen-ish.

=

Here is my definition of Seinen and Shounen:

Shounen: More optimistic with probably a few drama to make it dramatic.
Friendship, courage and hard-work. With enough perseverance, you will succeed in the end. Even if you don't, there is always hope.

Seinen: More pessimistic and a varying twist of cynical (however, if you are nice enough, give a little glimmer of hope at the end of the darkness).
One sentence to sum it all up: Life is unfair, deal with it.
If you still don't get it, trying subverting or perversion some of Shounen's theme.

Unrelated note:
I am attempting both at once.
Old 2013-04-06, 11:07   Link #3073
tsunade666

but that's the whole point of campione. though I also doubt Touma will kill somebody but when push to limits. Its like it will be opposite of what he desires. All his battle in the past ended up in beating the enemy but not outright kill them. Even Styl view him as naive individual but Touma is a selfish tyrant that will trample all with his might.

I'm thinking a lot of things right now and lots of things to consider. hmm needs a lot more planning then.

But one thing is for sure. Touma will ended up killing his opponents one way or another(but not all)

plus when kiri, shiki or archer do the killing it doesn't fell shounen-ish.
Old 2013-04-06, 11:13   Link #3074
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Um way different than both. Basically the dude swaps himself with an alternate version of himself in a parallel world. No smoke, no clones, both don't. Exist in the same world at once.
Well then you'd want to go for something with multiple worlds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_%28religion%29

By the way, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how golems work in the toaru-verse.Specifically I read on the wiki that Sherry managed to switch the language from Hebrew to English but I'm wondering how she did that or what it meant by that.
Old 2013-04-06, 11:16   Link #3075
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
By the way, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how golems work in the toaru-verse.Specifically I read on the wiki that Sherry managed to switch the language from Hebrew to English but I'm wondering how she did that or what it meant by that.
Copy pasta

Quote:
(The basis is of Kabbalah. The main use is to defend and remove any enemy presence. The birth year was from the 16th Century, according to Gershom Scholem's explanation, the nature is of tangibility and formlessness) (Gershom Scholem, formerly known as Gerhard Scholem, 1897-1982, a Palestinian thinker who was born in Germany, and later converted to Israeli in 1948, He is widely regarded as the founder of the modern, academic study of Kabbalah, becoming the first Professor of Jewish Mysticism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.)

Speaking of stone golems, many people would imagine them as being made of stone or dirt, stupid and slow monsters. But in truth, that was not the case.

In the ideology of the Kabbalah, humans were created by God through dirt. And the poor copies that humans made with their own hands were stone golems. In other words, stone golems were 'clones that weren't created properly', so their nature was similar to those wooden puppets in fairy tales.

(The original spell was improved by combining with English Anglicans spells; Linguistic system changed from Hebrew to English, and all the body parts are made to react to the Cross. It's more like cloning an Angel than a human.)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 11:23   Link #3076
Dyingbreath

Quote:
About Shiage:
You might want to consider making him use his brain more often. (Esper and Magician are still humans, humans HAVE lots of weakness).
Exactly what I keep on thinking. Why do people only use guns against people it doesn't work on. A bullet between the eyes could kill 95% of all the powerful magicians and ESPers in the story yet no one uses them.
When I get to the third book in the trilogy I plan to fix this oversight.
Old 2013-04-06, 11:33   Link #3077
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

People die from bows and arrows as well, why don't you use that ?
Old 2013-04-06, 12:15   Link #3078
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
but that's the whole point of campione. though I also doubt Touma will kill somebody but when push to limits. Its like it will be opposite of what he desires. All his battle in the past ended up in beating the enemy but not outright kill them. Even Styl view him as naive individual but Touma is a selfish tyrant that will trample all with his might.

I'm thinking a lot of things right now and lots of things to consider. hmm needs a lot more planning then.

But one thing is for sure. Touma will ended up killing his opponents one way or another(but not all)

plus when kiri, shiki or archer do the killing it doesn't fell shounen-ish.
*cough* You obviously did not know them well enough.

Killing is serious business for them. A failed attempt means.... well....let just say their opponents can do lots of scary stuff to them (*cough*Fate/zero Caster is not very nice person).

To sum it up, their life are basically living hell.

Killing and defeating their enemies doesn't make their life better. It is just something they do.

Don't forget what I mention about Seinen:

Shounen is hopeful and optimistic (to trick young boys into thinking life is awesome and wonderful but Seinen....is a Perversion of Shounen.

The reason is actually simple: unlike Shounen where everything(good and evil) is clear cut, Seinen is similar to real world, life is not all black or white but in different shades of colors (not even grey).

So it's more about dealing with what you can and accepting what you can not.

=
Quote:
Exactly what I keep on thinking. Why do people only use guns against people it doesn't work on. A bullet between the eyes could kill 95% of all the powerful magicians and ESPers in the story yet no one uses them.
When I get to the third book in the trilogy I plan to fix this oversight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

People die from choking on meatball, killer bees and falling flower pot (killer litter).

Why nobody use that?

I think there at least 100 ways to kill a humans.

Humans are actually quite fragile.... anything impalement in torso or head, we would be in serious trouble (considering that most of our vital organs are there)
Old 2013-04-06, 14:07   Link #3079
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because a toaru/green arrow crossover wouldn't have much of a fanbase.
But taking your question seriously the bow and arrow is not a very common weapon. It is a worse version of a gun so why would anyone with common sense bother to choose it over a gun?
But people do get killed or defeated in quite creative ways, not just bullets. I once had Misaka cut a mecha in half using another mecha's giant sword arm.

Quote:
People die from choking on meatball, killer bees and falling flower pot (killer litter).

Why nobody use that?

I think there at least 100 ways to kill a humans.

Humans are actually quite fragile.... anything impalement in torso or head, we would be in serious trouble (considering that most of our vital organs are there)
People aren't actually that fragile. And technically just about everyone dies in one of two ways in a battle. Bleeding out, which is quite slow and only as lethal as it is because blood-loss combined with shock often knocks people unconscious, or infection, which doesn't happen until days afterwards. Being stabbed in the gut isn't fatal until you lose enough blood from the wound to make it so. There is also the whole suffocation thing (which includes killer bees since death from those is induced by a swollen neck preventing breathing) but that can be easily prevented if anyone's there and is kind of... anticlimactic.

Last edited by Dyingbreath; 2013-04-06 at 20:38.
Old 2013-04-06, 15:47   Link #3080
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because a toaru/green arrow crossover wouldn't have much of a fanbase.
But taking your question seriously the bow and arrow is not a very common weapon. It is a worse version of a gun so why would anyone with common sense bother to choose it over a gun?
But people do get killed or defeated in quite creative ways, not just bullets. I once had Misaka cut a mecha in half using another mecha's giant sword arm.
The same reason why special forces do still use them.

The same reason a number of FPS still presents them as viable weapons.

A compose bow or crossbows is stealth weapon- more silent than a gun even with a suppressor. I believe they could also penetrate ballistic body armor that was design against bullets and shrapnel. Not too sure how it would affect aerodynamics if you attach explosives though...

But my point is, it's weird to hear 'A bullet between the eyes could kill 95% of all the powerful magicians and ESPers in the story yet no one uses them.'

You mean they're *gasp!* human like us ?!

In all seriousness, remember the setting of the story- you're less likely to find guns use in Japan unlike America.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction