AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-17, 19:38   Link #1
LordMerc

Send a message via MSN to LordMerc
Super Dimension Century Orguss

Well, i loved orguss 02 (it would be great if i could find a copy of it in merry olde england) but does anyone know where i can see the original series?? Cause the second one was super cool, and i wanna see the first!!
LordMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 12:52   Link #2
LordMerc

Send a message via MSN to LordMerc
Orguss 01

Right before anyone starts, i know that some episodes of the series was licenced, but not all made it across to english, in fact i belive it was abou a third!, now does anyone know where i can get the eps, either fansub download, or subtitled dvd, as orguss 02 is one of my favourite animes, and i would love to see the precursor
LordMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 13:12   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

I have to agree with this one, after watching Orguss 02 I can't help wondering about the first one. Anyone with information, please help!
Old 2005-01-05, 00:18   Link #4
DakRoland
Psycho Mac-Head Autobot

Send a message via AIM to DakRoland Send a message via Yahoo to DakRoland
I have researched this series, and found that no company currently holds the license for Super Dimension Century: Orguss. US Renditions released something like 17 episodes of the original 35, but that was back in 1992-1993. Their license has since expired and no company has yet picked it up again. I don't know how this would effect the ethics of not subbing a licensed series. It was licensed once, not fully released, and then the license was left to expire. Does this make it okay to sub the entire series then?

I've seen the HK import version of episodes 1-9, and while the subtitles do not do it justice in the least, the series is really interesting. I've used the Orguss Shrine to help fill in the blanks where the Subtitles left much to be desired. I think if it is not too much of a grey area, a Fansub group could pick up this series (there's a Japanese only, full series, official boxed set available for $149) and really do it justice. It's a great classic anime made by the same studio that did the Macross series. Sometimes it's a little risque, sometimes it's a little strange, but Orguss is worth the look, IMO. Please, someone look into picking up this series and giving it the treatment it so richly deserves.
DakRoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 00:50   Link #5
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Orguss has to be one of the most underrated anime of all-time. In my opinion, Orguss was better than Macross back in the 80s. I was able to watch about 15 episodes around 10 years ago and luckily, I found myself a HK bootleg Orguss set last year in Canada and was able to finish the series. GREAT ENDING!
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 22:51   Link #6
strategos

Super Dimension Century Orguss

Was wondering if this old anime has ever been fansub or liscense?
Its a 1983 anime. Kind like Macros, Its about Mechas
here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYpaTrp2Uk&NR

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 08:14   Link #7
multani2842

A fansub group is doing it on irc up to 19, but i don't know if it's licenced so i will wait for an official statement on it before sharing it, sorry
multani2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 22:09   Link #8
strategos

Well... from what in this topic, it seems there are anymore liscense holders.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 14:37   Link #9
KoroshiyaX
X

The original Orguss TV series is cool. It explains a lot about the settings in Orguss 02.

But basically it's a Meccha romance show, where a meccha pilot from our dimensio falls in love with a girl from a different dimension after being sucked there.

There are always HK dvds for those who wanna watch the entire series engrish subbed
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 05:32   Link #10
kuru

Central Anime is going to do Orguss. Check their site.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:40   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Apparently this show has been entirely fansubbed by ILA. The entire series can be downloaded in their irc channel, but they are now making it available on torrent. Strangely... They released episode 1-5 on torrent, and now are releasing the episodes from 35 back to 6, in reverse order. That means right now episodes 1-5, 34-35 are torrented and the next torrent will be episode 33.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:34   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Apparently this show has been entirely fansubbed by ILA. The entire series can be downloaded in their irc channel, but they are now making it available on torrent. Strangely... They released episode 1-5 on torrent, and now are releasing the episodes from 35 back to 6, in reverse order. That means right now episodes 1-5, 34-35 are torrented and the next torrent will be episode 33.
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Shiroi yami no naka de hiroka ni toki wa nagarete Asai nemuri no naka tooku ni kimi no hohoemi
Miushinatta kokoro no tabiji

Where are you going,
When are you coming home?
Hikari afureru mirai motomete wow
Where are you going,
When are you coming home?
Toki no nagare norikoe kono oozora kakenuke
Kono te de tsukurou atarashii sekai to ai no uta wo

Very very good news. I can't stand IRC as a file sharing program so now I can get this show much easier. (I was stuck in queue for episode 1 for like three days without progressing more than a couple slots so I just gave up)

Edit: And so a week later its licensed. Great.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-17 at 19:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 00:38   Link #13
Ripplin

Question Is a new DVD release really pending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Edit: And so a week later its licensed. Great.
Yes, I just saw that today when I was looking up some info. I was very seriously considering buying that DVD set that's sold on eBay, but then I read at the Orguss Shrine that the subs are pretty bad. Literal is not always a good thing.

I went to ila-fansubs.com and they say "you will be able to buy this series officially in the near future."

I'd really love to know if that's true. Have they heard something definite that made them say that? It looks like a series I could love, and I'd like to see it with proper subtitles!

Last edited by Ripplin; 2007-04-18 at 00:49.
Ripplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 08:07   Link #14
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Check ANN's page for....I think Sunday/Monday. Prolly still on the main page. Look for ImaginTV.

Essentially, it'll be all of Orguss, with the old english dub for the first 17 episodes as an extra.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 12:01   Link #15
Ripplin

Thanks for the tip. This is good news! Expensive, all told, but good.
Ripplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:23   Link #16
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplin View Post
Thanks for the tip. This is good news! Expensive, all told, but good.
Quite inexpensive actually, as they're aiming for about 4-5 eps per DVD and a somewhat odd pricing/production/distribution plan that should keep the total cost down to about $100 for the entire series.

(see the thread on the AnimeOnDVD.com forum for details from the anime studio representative)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:45   Link #17
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
I just hope enough people are able to show their support on the Orguss and such release. Some folk are already getting "angry" on the ILA comment bit seeing people excited about the potential of this.

I just can't see how anybody could be anything other than ecstatic over this...if even just for the potential.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 14:56   Link #18
Area88

Orguss

Anyone here buying Orguss?

It's being released by ImaginAsian and it's including the original English dub too.

Available to preorder on dvd below:

Orguss - Volume 1
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 16:06   Link #19
COBRAWING

Thumbs up Super Dimensional Century Orguss English Dubbed

Salutations everyone;
The original Orguss is great!. They only dubbed the first eight episodes in English and they were only on VHS. I had them and when I found out they weren't going to dubb anymore, I traded them at cool stuff which takes trades wether games or movies or gaming systems.. Now I wish I hadn't done it because I bought the original on dvd's and they are english subbed and the names are incorrect and a lot of the subbing has grammatical errors. If you find it completely English dubbed let me know... Thanks in advance...
COBRAWING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 21:13   Link #20
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAWING View Post
Salutations everyone;
The original Orguss is great!. They only dubbed the first eight episodes in English and they were only on VHS. I had them and when I found out they weren't going to dubb anymore, I traded them at cool stuff which takes trades wether games or movies or gaming systems.. Now I wish I hadn't done it because I bought the original on dvd's and they are english subbed and the names are incorrect and a lot of the subbing has grammatical errors. If you find it completely English dubbed let me know... Thanks in advance...
Unfortunately, there is no complete English dub. I *think* that the Imaginasian DVDs contain the dubs that were completed in the early '90s (how many episodes did US Renditions complete? 14? 15?), but didn't make new dubs for the remainder of the series.

Of course, the Imaginasian DVDs went in and out of print so quickly that I never managed to get my hands on them, so I'm only going by what I've heard.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote