AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 17:34   Link #21
Jaden

Damn!

So is this with the integrated GPU or the 460?

Also, which version of windows is this, and which service pack?

The 0x80041003 error apparently originates from the windows installation media, there are some fixes documented for it. Try either one of these:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-US;2545227
http://windows7forums.com/blue-scree...x80041003.html

Last edited by Jaden; 2013-07-23 at 17:48.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 12:22   Link #22
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
^already tried that. Didn't really do anything. Tried to install Win7 on another hard drive, this time the 1TB sata drive. Still ended up freezing. The last error message to pop up at the exact time as the computer froze was "Event ID 14" which is related to the nvidia kernal. Will try rolling back drives to see what happens but If that doesn't work I am really not sure what to do. I don't want to just throw money at the problem and buy a new GPU but I can't think of anything else
Old 2013-07-24, 14:01   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Are you installing Windows 7 from a burned cd-rom or an official CD.
I would try a different CD, you could just burn one and use the keys you have.
If the problem as you say re-happened even when doing a reinstall on another drive then it could be that the installation cd is corrupt or damaged.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 14:34   Link #24
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Are you installing Windows 7 from a burned cd-rom or an official CD.
I would try a different CD, you could just burn one and use the keys you have.
If the problem as you say re-happened even when doing a reinstall on another drive then it could be that the installation cd is corrupt or damaged.
Its an official Windows 7 reinstallation disk and I've been using it since before this problem started happening. After I bought the new CPU, RAM, and moboard is when I started having these freezes
Old 2013-07-27, 11:32   Link #25
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

So i just wanted to give an update:

took out the GPU and am currently using the onboard video and so far, for the past two days have had no issues (no video issues but I will get to that later). I will continue using the onboard video for a few more days before making a final determination as to what to do next but if all goes well I will probably have to get myself a new GPU.

Now my question is: why would my video card be causing these freezing issues when, according to the stress test I've run on it, it's working normally? Does my motherboard not support certain older cards? I've checked the documentation and it hasn't said anything about it not supporting a specific card or anything related to incompatibility with certain GPU's

edit: OK so the other problem I mention that I will post here so that I don't need to make a new thread about is related to the bootmgr. Whenever I wake up my computer from hibernation I always get the "bootmgr is missing" message. This could be because the default hard drive to boot windows from in the BIOS no longer has windows installed BUT I have changed it to the correct drive several times already and saved this setting before exiting the BIOS but I always ended up having to do the same thing after waking up from hibernation. What do

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2013-07-27 at 12:39.
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 15:43   Link #26
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko View Post
So i just wanted to give an update:

took out the GPU and am currently using the onboard video and so far, for the past two days have had no issues (no video issues but I will get to that later). I will continue using the onboard video for a few more days before making a final determination as to what to do next but if all goes well I will probably have to get myself a new GPU.

Now my question is: why would my video card be causing these freezing issues when, according to the stress test I've run on it, it's working normally? Does my motherboard not support certain older cards? I've checked the documentation and it hasn't said anything about it not supporting a specific card or anything related to incompatibility with certain GPU's

edit: OK so the other problem I mention that I will post here so that I don't need to make a new thread about is related to the bootmgr. Whenever I wake up my computer from hibernation I always get the "bootmgr is missing" message. This could be because the default hard drive to boot windows from in the BIOS no longer has windows installed BUT I have changed it to the correct drive several times already and saved this setting before exiting the BIOS but I always ended up having to do the same thing after waking up from hibernation. What do
Concerning the last problem;
I had a similar problem like yours but mine was because, and I am using multiple hdd's, the first sata plug on the mobo was not connected to my bootdisk. Meaning that you have multiple plugs on your mobo for your harddrives to connect to all with numbers. But a data hdd was connected to the first so it kept on automatically thinking that this hdd was the master disk. I simply had to switch so that the right one was plugged into the first and voila.

As for the other; can be multiple reasons from driver problems causing it to speeds of other hardware not matching together (as in a too slow and very very old dated cpu with a new released gpu).

I would check if you still had warranty on the old gpu.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 19:01   Link #27
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Is it possible that the fact that card is PCI-E 2.0 while that slot that I am using is 3.0 be an issue. Pretty sure the slots are backwards compatible but I've never used a 3.0 slot before